• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seeds of Renewal are GROWABLE!

• Thread starter Nastia Cross
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
N

Nastia Cross

I just harvested some seeds from plants I've been growing for staining and noticed I had 2 seeds of renewal in my pack. Granted, I was harvesting the seeds on the imbuer I'm training, so I figured I'd test it out (just in case I put them in my pack without realizing) and proceeded to harvest seeds from several more plants. Sure enough, 2 became 4!!!

THANK YOU DEVS!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
woot! (has a house covered in seedlings for the first time in a year or so)

Y

Yalp

wow! amazing change.. mucho appreciated.. I've got plants to harvest later in the week so this is gonna be sweet!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just harvested some seeds from plants I've been growing for staining and noticed I had 2 seeds of renewal in my pack. Granted, I was harvesting the seeds on the imbuer I'm training, so I figured I'd test it out (just in case I put them in my pack without realizing) and proceeded to harvest seeds from several more plants. Sure enough, 2 became 4!!!

THANK YOU DEVS!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Did the Seeds of Renewal show up as you were harvesting "seeds" or when you were harvesting "resources" (e.g., petals, thorns, leaves)? And what color were the plants?

U

UOKaiser

Confirmed. I got 2 from harvesting seeds from different plants. Also seeds stack now when harvested thanks that helps.

N

Nastia Cross

The seeds of renewal appeared when I was harvesting seeds only. As to color and type, I am unsure as I had several types of plants in my pack at the time and only realized I was getting seeds of renewal after I had harvested from at least 5 or 6 of them.

L

Lorcryst

I got 7 of those while harvesting seeds out of my Cocoa Trees ... so, as far as I can tell, it's random on every type of plant.

M

mjolnir131

is it just mystics that get the seeds or is it any skilled char?

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is it just mystics that get the seeds or is it any skilled char?
Any character who pulls off seeds. Echoing above, there appears to be a small chance of receiving a Seed of Renewal when seeds of any type/color are pulled off a plant.

F

Fink

I can confirm Seeds of Renewal can be harvested from pre-patch plants.

I have a bunch of live resource-bearing plants from ages ago that I was using as seed containers, just gathering to see if the old seeds stack (they do) and I've had a few SoR drop from them.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Err... Why is this a GOOD thing? Personally, I don't want to harvest Seeds of Renewal from a plant I'm expecting a regular seed from. I can't grow a silver sapling tree, and they're only useful once every 24 hours.

Am I the only one that doesn't see this random bit of chaos as a good thing, but rather as a bug?

K

katherinepgoh

Seed of renewal is the imbuing ingredient for MR 2 on armor pieces. Not the same thing as a seed of the Silver Sapling

D

Dragonchilde

I haven't had any luck. I harvested four plants with my non-mystic gardener, and didn't get any.

i'll try the next harvest with my mystic and see what happens (who looks absolutely fabulous in her shiny bronze garg fancy robe, I might add.)

D

Dragonchilde

Okay, my mystic pulled five seeds off a cocoa tree, and got 1 seed of renewal. My regular non-mystic pulled about 40 off earlier today and didn't get any. This I can deal with... but I swear, if I end up losing a mutant white or black seed to this, I will be annoyed. Just leave it a mystic-only thing. :) (If it's not a bug... it's got the smell of a bug to me!)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I think Sak just made my day. Was working on one of my lumberjack's and all of a sudden something strange appeared in my pack and I saw the following message in the journal: "You've found some strange crystal shards imbeded in the wood."

And lo and behold, the strange thing in my pack is Crystal Shards.

:thumbup:

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, my mystic pulled five seeds off a cocoa tree, and got 1 seed of renewal. My regular non-mystic pulled about 40 off earlier today and didn't get any. This I can deal with... but I swear, if I end up losing a mutant white or black seed to this, I will be annoyed. Just leave it a mystic-only thing. :) (If it's not a bug... it's got the smell of a bug to me!)
It's not a mystic only thing. My gardener has no mysticism and pulled off 12 seeds of renewal today. Seems to be about a 2-4% chance to get one.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seed of renewal is the imbuing ingredient for MR 2 on armor pieces. Not the same thing as a seed of the Silver Sapling
Ahhh... yes, had them confused.

I'm still not sure I see it as a good thing. One seed of renewal can screw up my crop cycle. I suppose it's not the end of the world though. hehe

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Seeds of Renewal drop IN ADDITION to whatever else you're gathering (resources, seeds).

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I think Sak just made my day. Was working on one of my lumberjack's and all of a sudden something strange appeared in my pack and I saw the following message in the journal: "You've found some strange crystal shards imbeded in the wood."

And lo and behold, the strange thing in my pack is Crystal Shards.

:thumbup:
I should add that my lumberjack that got the crystal shards only has 93.2 lumberjacking. She isn't using the corroded axe either.

F

Flora Green

The Seeds of Renewal drop IN ADDITION to whatever else you're gathering (resources, seeds).
That's correct. I received all of the seeds I should have as well as the Seeds of Renewal. And it's been off of multiple random plants.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*feels anxious to get back to my home computer to be able to try out various harvesting skills*

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*feels anxious to get back to my home computer to be able to try out various harvesting skills*
The stickied thread at the top also has a post about someone getting a Delicate Scales while fishing. Great news if true. Am wondering if Crystalline Blackrock might be a drop while mining. If so, would be great if people could report what their skill level was when they get these things. My guess is you'll need a minimum of either 80 or 90 skill, but that's is ONLY a guess based on the skill requirements for crafting some of the imbuing ingredients.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was wondering why I had that seed on my gardner. He has 200 skill total, most in focus.

Not sure which plant gave it. It must not be rare if I got one.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now don't get me wrong.. this all seems like a splendid idea. but what now? all the ingredients suddenly becoming plentiful, no need to go hunt for them? i dunno.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All right then... I officially decree this a GOOD ADDITION(TM). hehe

I was already coming around a bit as I did my plants today, but knowing they're in addition to expected resources makes me smile. :)

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now don't get me wrong.. this all seems like a splendid idea. but what now? all the ingredients suddenly becoming plentiful, no need to go hunt for them? i dunno.
These are methods by which crafters can also get ahold of the items without dungeon hunting. It won't stop me from hunting for them myself...

I don't think this makes them "plentiful" by any regard, just more frequent than previous.

Not a bad thing.

J

Jesara

The stickied thread at the top also has a post about someone getting a Delicate Scales while fishing. Great news if true. Am wondering if Crystalline Blackrock might be a drop while mining.
Yes, the delicate scales when fishing is true! My friend and I got 3 last night in like 1/2 hour. Haven't tried the mining yet, but that would be fantastic to get the crystallilne blackrock! I just love getting surprises! :thumbup:

F

FuzZ

are you finding the Delicate scales/Crystal shards in Tur Mur? Or are you fishing/LJing in tram/fel?

Y

Yalp

sweet sweet sweet.. I think it takes some pressure off the constantly having to farm the cavern of discarded for so many different resources for imbuing!

A big big big wet kiss and :thumbup:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying a different LJ character that had 80 LJ skill. Am up to 82 and no crystal shards yet. Will try some different areas as well and provide a more comprehensive report when I have a better idea of what seems to be going on (with crystal shards, anyway).

Edited to add: Just got the first set at 83.2 lumberjacking, using the hatchet the character started with.

L

Lorcryst

Not for me ... I harvested seeds and cocoa from my 15 cocoa trees, and got 113 "normal" cocoa seeds and 7 Seeds of Renewal, for the expected total of 120 seeds ... and they only dropped when harvesting the seeds, not the ressources ...

I'll have to wait at least a week for my next batch of cocoa trees to mature before I can test this again :eek:

H

Harb

I don't want to rain on the parade, but something isn't "right" here. I collected a couple thousand seeds last night, looking for black/ white seeds for staining. Nada. Yes, the seeds of renewal are dropping randomly from plants, picked up quite a few - just shy of 50. I'd be appreciative if this were an "addition," it appears to be either a "replacement" or a "bug." It would be quite nice if the two could co-exist! As it were, no blacks/ whites were a bit disheatening.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like the numbers aren't necessarily adding up. I have more seeds and resources to gather over the next few days, so I'll keep watching too to see if the Seeds of Renewal are replacing regular seeds and resources. It didn't seem like that was happening the last two days, but could just be a fluke.

H

Harb

Honestly I dunno Tina. Haven't done plants, other than the recent additions, in literally forever. My better half tried to get each type/ hue way back when introduced, I was just a helper so my expertise is extremely limited. I do know I harvested and clipped a lot of the old ones, went from about 150 available storgae slots to nearly a thousand at the house the old plants were stored in, and gathered high 40s in seeds of renewal with no blacks or whites. If I remember correctly, even accounting for a major RNG error, there should have been more than a few of the rare colors. Many of the plants had all 8 seeds available, others less.

My hope is that the "addition" of the seeds of renewal is by design. Lets face it, a lot of ingrediants drop from the same spawn, the drop rate is low, and due to attraction there's always a crowd and not everyone is on the best behavior there. Having alternatives to each of the drops would be very nice indeed, along with possibly relooking the drop rates themselves. It's one of the very few quasi-complaints I've noted with this expansion, so hats off to all involved. I strongly suspect that if intended for inclusion with plants, the renewals were not intended to replace the rare seeds, thus the comment earlier. It's quite possible the bug/ error lies with the blacks/ whites. Anyways, something didn't go "right" :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm....I thought that if you are going to get white or black seeds from a plant you grew, the mutation occurred when the plant was either pollinated "by hand" or self-pollinated itself. If you were cleaning up a stockpile, which it sounds like you were, those plants might have been pollinated a long time ago, so the frequency of mutations would have been determined under whatever the rules were when the plants were being grown.

Did you know that you can now easily get black and white seeds by doing the Naturalist quest and going to the fifth nest by planting a green thorn and going into the hole it makes? It only takes a few minutes to do each of those quests and you get either a blaze, white, or black seed now when you've taken the extra step to visit the fifth nest. (Still get just the aqua, pink, or magenta seeds from visiting the first four nests.)

H

Harb

Back when these plants were grown it was a random % when harvesting the seeds. I asked the boss, she indicated she thought it was 1-2% but couldn't remember clearly either. She was actually not particularly pleased when informed of what I'd done (I kept all the seeds suspecting as much and was overjoyed to see they stack now - don't know when that happened either but was much appreciative). Thanks for the reminder on the blacks/ whites at the hives, I do recall something about it but hadn't remembered this at all. Thanks again.

R

rajadeah

I had a secure with 125 live orange peddle plants that I was keeping to save the seeds. I went and harvested them and pulled 43 seeds of renewel, and freed up 123 storage. Ya gotta love it :)

A

Argnak

You know if you will get black or white seeds the moment u cross-pollinate the plant. And ALL the 8 seeds will be of the same colour.

Now, i havent collected any seeds since the patch, and i have no black or white in the batch im growing now, but if the SoR is not collected in addition to the 8 original seeds, the worst thing that can happen is that you will get 7 instead of 8 rare seeds if you get a SoR from a white or black seed plant. No big deal, is it? Besides, im sure SoR will sell better than any other plant resourse or die, as almost every piece of armour imbued will be using em.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She was actually not particularly pleased when informed of what I'd done (I kept all the seeds suspecting as much and was overjoyed to see they stack now - don't know when that happened either but was much appreciative).
Ahh...one of those conversations that would have had little meaning to someone who doesn't play UO, eh?

Yes, the seed stacking is wonderful. Now you can use all that extra storage for imbuing!

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anybody wanna throw out some prices that Seeds of Renewal are selling for? Im on sonoma, and I hate farming that spawn... and i burnt myself out growing hedges for my Castle Garden so I dont plan on growing them. How much should I expect to have to pay per seed?

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Black/White mutation occurs when you cross-pollinate a plant, not during seed harvesting. Self-pollination won't produce a mutation.

Found a few Seeds of Renewal for sale in Luna on Chessy: 1 @ 400k, pair @ 750k.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, the delicate scales when fishing is true! My friend and I got 3 last night in like 1/2 hour. Haven't tried the mining yet, but that would be fantastic to get the crystallilne blackrock! I just love getting surprises! :thumbup:

I got the crystal shards and the crysalline blackrock today. Maxed out miner, gm lumberjack with corroded hatchet. I do hear these are only dropping in Ter Mur though, which I have yet to test out.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can confirm Seeds of Renewal can be harvested from pre-patch plants.

I have a bunch of live resource-bearing plants from ages ago that I was using as seed containers, just gathering to see if the old seeds stack (they do) and I've had a few SoR drop from them.
I did the same doing the stacked seed thing to save space. Thing is same color plant and type can produce three named seed titles. Orange seed / brilliant orange seed / And the way as intended by color and name. Some seeds same title as another from same plant type wont stack with each other. My plants many years old and of a few hundered seeds harvested to turn the plants deco to get dye material........ not one renewal seed.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did the same doing the stacked seed thing to save space. Thing is same color plant and type can produce three named seed titles. Orange seed / brilliant orange seed / And the way as intended by color and name. Some seeds same title as another from same plant type wont stack with each other. My plants many years old and of a few hundered seeds harvested to turn the plants deco to get dye material........ not one renewal seed.
Warpig, if you use poppy dust on a stack of the seeds that don't tell you the "type" of seed (i.e., seeds you got as a result of cross-pollination), every seed in the stack will acquire the type information. However, those seeds still won't stack with older seeds of the same type that you got from growing a parent plant of the same type (i.e., seeds from plants that were self-pollinated).

What you have to do is plant every one of the seeds from cross pollination that have been ID'd to type by using poppy dust. Then dump each seed out of its pot. If it's a brightly colored seed, it will lose the word "bright" in its label.

Once you've ID'd cross-pollination seeds, planted them, and immediately dumped them out of their pots, such seeds will successfully stack with seeds from self-pollinated parent plants. Seeds from self-pollinated parent plants that are brightly colored don't have the word "bright" in their label.

I know it sounds confusing, but if you have lots of poppy dust and lots of time and patience to plant and dump seeds, you can successfully combine those stacks of seeds a bit further.

(Poppy dust is obtained from poppy plants from peculiar seeds dropped by, among other things, wisps. Unfortunately, when you hunt the wisps for seeds, you can end up with four stacks of seeds that you can't tell apart other than that they don't stack with each other. I usually just plant 2-4 of each type and know that I'll get poppy dust and some extra plain plants to clip for dye. You get 8 poppy dust from each plant and each poppy dust has 8 charges. So if you grow each of the peculiar poppies long enough, you'll have 64 charges of poppy dust from each seed to use for ID'ing seeds. If you're short on storage space, it might be worthwhile to grow a few just to collapse a few more seeds stacks into each other.)

Edited to add:

I wonder if the Seeds of Renewal are only dropping from plants grown after a certain date.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got the crystal shards and the crysalline blackrock today. Maxed out miner, gm lumberjack with corroded hatchet. I do hear these are only dropping in Ter Mur though, which I have yet to test out.
I finally got crystalline blackrock in Ter Mur. Actually had two in my backpack for who knows how long but they were hiding under some gloves and I didn't see them. The message you see when you mine them up is, "Sifting through the ore, you notice something unusual among the bits of metal and stone." It looks like regular "small pieces of blackrock" still spawn as well and it feels as if the gem drop rate (old gems, not the ML ones), if you have your shovel set to mine them and have read the book, may be a bit higher than on the other facets.

My miner/LJ characters have a bit of barding skill, so I spent a good bit of time today (4-5 hours with lots of breaks in between) trying out some of the less placid areas of Ter Mur just to see how it would go. The character I used today is hovering around 85-90 music and about 80-85 peacemaking. Magery is 88 with the help of jewelry. She has no evaluate intelligence, so Mind Blast is about the only spell that has much power to it. She managed to kill a pretty good number of silver serpents, sliths, toxic sliths, korpre, one relanord (it killed the fire beetle and one pack animal though), one of the spiderish void creatures, quite a few betballem, and far too many bats to keep track of. So in addition to getting a fair amount of wood and ingots, she also got some crystal shards (10), crystalline blackrock (3), void orbs (2), void essence (3), slith tongue (6), silver serpent venom (4), toxic venom sac (1), small pieces of blackrock (2), probably about 200 old-style gems, and about 12 ML gems. The fire beetle died at least three times because I tried to use it to help kill a few things and it really isn't trained for that. Only had one pack animal casualty, but they both came close to death a couple of times. She also made about 6,000 gold; got two sets of ancient pottery fragments, and boosted her Gargoyle Queen loyalty rating to 528 points.

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pulled seeds off plants many years old and received a seed of renewal.
Confirming this. However:

My testing indicates the opposite - if a seed of renewal pops out, it is INSTEAD of the seed you expected, not in addition to it. Caveat: I was pulling seeds off of very old plants; it is possible that new plants aren't affected in this way. My advice: count your seeds as you pull them to verify. I hope this is not working as intended.