• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is true, I wasn't going to stir the pot on this, but since you brought it up. . .

Mesanna came to them and had a shard meeting about the runes.

Honestly, many people sent page and page of petition and letter and Mesanna has never responded to us.

B

Bruin

wow.....

just wow....

Especially since many auction houses are run for the person profit of the auction house owner (not sure if this one is or not).

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That might be useful if you did Sweeney

It will enlightnen some of the newer folks on Siege as to why you aren't the most popular guy in town :dunce:

S

Sweeney

That might be useful if you did Sweeney

It will enlightnen some of the newer folks on Siege as to why you aren't the most popular guy in town :dunce:
You need to read it I guess.. my whole point was that if every group got a book/rune/whatever it was fine. I don't think I ever said anything otherwise.

But that was a long time ago, funny thing about America.. how people will only listen to other's talking points instead of reading the facts.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the funny thing is that last time I was on Chessy there were auctions at different houses almost every night....guess that would be why they only locked down two of them eh Sweeney

The NEW books helped outfit and train players for thrity days as they adapt to Siege rules. The auction houses make a 10-15 percent profit off each item they sell. While both provide a community service only one group makes a profit :)

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually Mesanna said we could have the books, that she supported the idea and that she had nothing to do with them being removed and we could have them back. . .

Unfortunately, no one seems interested in physically placing them for us, neither Mesanna nor the current EM, who happens to the one who took them away from us to begin with.

Sweeney, anyone on Siege with the exception of you, understands that every guild doesn't need a book here. NEW benefits everyone by helping them get started on the shard and helping the shard retain membership. More people in NEW = more people staying on the shard for a longer time = more people in more guilds = more people to pvp with = more people running screaming from pvp'ers = more fun for everyone.

S

Sweeney

Actually the funny thing is that last time I was on Chessy there were auctions at different houses almost every night....guess that would be why they only locked down two of them eh Sweeney
Read the other posts in that link buddy.. people want runes to lots of places. In fact they had/are having a meeting about it. Not to mention they thought having them just thrown on the floor and locked down looked ugly. Funny eh? I'm having deja-vu.

S

Sweeney

Actually Mesanna said we could have the books, that she supported the idea and that she had nothing to do with them being removed and we could have them back. . .

Unfortunately, no one seems interested in physically placing them for us, neither Mesanna nor the current EM, who happens to the one who took them away from us to begin with.

Sweeney, anyone on Siege with the exception of you, understands that every guild doesn't need a book here. NEW benefits everyone by helping them get started on the shard and helping the shard retain membership. More people in NEW = more people staying on the shard for a longer time.
I am not going to get into this same old crap. NEW is not for everyone, hence it doesn't benefit everyone. Your argument is not valid.

M

MoonglowMerchant

Will I do? I am not following you on the NEW hater thing...
It isn't permissible to discuss moderator actions on this forum. That part of the ROC is clear. In theory, if a moderator were to lock a discussion about the NEW books based on personal bias rather than the ROC, that would make that moderator a NEW hater.

This is just my opinion based on a hypothetical situation of course. It has nothing to do with a pattern of action based on personal preference rather than the clearly stated rules.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read the other posts in that link buddy.. people want runes to lots of places. In fact they had/are having a meeting about it. Not to mention they thought having them just thrown on the floor and locked down looked ugly. Funny eh? I'm having deja-vu.
Yah you are having deja-vu buddy...The difference though in those posts ARE that people aren't crying because a rune is locked down that doesn't benefit them....they are making suggestions to help make the shard better.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not going to get into this same old crap. NEW is not for everyone, hence it doesn't benefit everyone. Your argument is not valid.
I think that argument is void. Everyone can participate in NEW. You can

Fight them
Bring them on hunts
Donate to them
Teach them skills

It isn't like everyone can't interact in them, how is it different than an auction? that is like saying "Auctions aren't fair because everyone can't afford the items."

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that argument is void. Everyone can participate in NEW. You can

Fight them
Bring them on hunts
Donate to them
Teach them skills

It isn't like everyone can't interact in them, how is it different than an auction? that is like saying "Auctions aren't fair because everyone can't afford the items."
QFT - NEW ultimately benefits every guild on the shard. It helps build our community. If you can't see that. . .well . . .

S

Sweeney

The last thing I'll say, which I do believe I have already said in this thread.

I was never against the books, I was against only allowing one group to have them.

And I was against just throwing them on the floor and locking them down. Tables exist for a reason.

Speedy, not everyone wants to participate in NEW. If there were other options locked down, that would be fine.

You can all necro the threads (there were at least two) if you want to rehash the same old garbage. I'm done, and you and I are repeating the same crap we could just quote from those threads.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well good, now that you are done, we can get back to discussing it without you.

Z

Zonk the LJ

So, NEW does not hurt anyone and does not profit anyone.
Therefore, I see no reason for not supporting NEW with locked down books.

M

MoonglowMerchant

The last thing I'll say, which I do believe I have already said in this thread.

I was never against the books, I was against only allowing one group to have them.

And I was against just throwing them on the floor and locking them down. Tables exist for a reason.

Speedy, not everyone wants to participate in NEW. If there were other options locked down, that would be fine.

You can all necro the threads (there were at least two) if you want to rehash the same old garbage. I'm done, and you and I are repeating the same crap we could just quote from those threads.
What other options are you talking about? The last time this was discussed, some idiot from TnT/TnA posted a picture from the STAR guild (Siege Training and Recruiting) as if to imply that was a viable alternative to NEW. When I checked a few weeks ago, there was no STAR guild. It was just a lame excuse by TnT/TnA to get the NEW books unlocked since they were unwilling to do anything to recruit new players.

Go cry elsewhere please.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah, his head isn't too far up there. Sweeny does make a valid point and I do think Sweeny is a supporter of new players. While I doubt that are many, if any, guilds that want a rune locked down to their respective guildhouses, what if someone else wants to start a NEW type guild or a similar guild for new thieves and pvper's? Would they all have the option of having a rune locked down? I think a little assurance of that possibility from... whomever has that power, would be in order. IMO, that may well put an end to this issue.

Sweeny - You'll have to answer to that last bit, yourself, since I cannot speak for you.

D

Duke SP

What other options are you talking about? The last time this was discussed, some idiot from TnT/TnA posted a picture from the STAR guild (Siege Training and Recruiting) as if to imply that was a viable alternative to NEW. When I checked a few weeks ago, there was no STAR guild. It was just a lame excuse by TnT/TnA to get the NEW books unlocked since they were unwilling to do anything to recruit new players.

Go cry elsewhere please.
Man, TNT sounds like a real impressive guild.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's my opinion that if someone was running a viable option to NEW that they should be included in that. If STAR was running, then I think they should be included.

Right now, no one is doing anything else in the same format with alternative rules. And when I say same format, I mean, a temporary membership designed to help a newcomer get established.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Go cry elsewhere please.
FYI We never got that guild off the ground, in part, because of the locked down NEW runes, so we gave up on it. There have been other similar guilds as well. DARK, for instance, was for new players who were wanting to be more "evil" type players. There is no reason there cannot be a viable alternative to NEW, if someone wants to put in the time and effort involved.

Furthermore, we [TnT/TnA], made no effort whatsoever, to have the NEW books removed.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah, his head isn't too far up there. Sweeny does make a valid point and I do think Sweeny is a supporter of new players. While I doubt that are many, if any, guilds that want a rune locked down to their respective guildhouses, what if someone else wants to start a NEW type guild or a similar guild for new thieves and pvper's? Would they all have the option of having a rune locked down? I think a little assurance of that possibility from... whomever has that power, would be in order. IMO, that may well put an end to this issue.

Sweeny - You'll have to answer to that last bit, yourself, since I cannot speak for you.
I can't see why not Kat as long as they were genuine in their efforts and had both the resources and time required to offer what NEW does.
Frankly I would think it would just be easier to continue to support them and perhaps have a volunteer from your guild take out interested parties on spawns, peerless or just invite them into your vent to let people get to know you.

M

MoonglowMerchant

Furthermore, we [TnT/TnA], made no effort whatsoever, to have the NEW books removed.
Bull****.

I should have taken screenshots of all the TnT/TnA I killed who had NEW books in their backpacks. That way, I'd be able to post screenshots proving you were a liar. As it is, I'm just saying something everyone already knows.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, if we had a table with books describing guilds like NEW that offered a temporary membership at the bank would everyone be okay with that?

And Kat is completely right, there is no reason why alternatives to NEW could not be successful, but someone would need to commit alot of time to making it work. Shalimar spends an enormous amount of time working with these people helping them pick their templates and helping them to understand how Siege differs from other shards. A person creating an alternative would have to spend just as much time doing those types of things in order for it to be successful.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't see why not Kat as long as they were genuine in their efforts and had both the resources and time required to offer what NEW does.
Frankly I would think it would just be easier to continue to support them and perhaps have a volunteer from your guild take out interested parties on spawns, peerless or just invite them into your vent to let people get to know you.
We do support NEW and plan to continue to contribute donations, etc. The STAR guild has been disbanded and we have no plans to revive that effort. I just think my suggestion might resolve the issue. :)

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, if we had a table with books describing guilds like NEW that offered a temporary membership at the bank would everyone be okay with that?

And Kat is completely right, there is no reason why alternatives to NEW could not be successful, but someone would need to commit alot of time to making it work. Shalimar spends an enormous amount of time working with these people helping them pick their templates and helping them to understand how Siege differs from other shards. A person creating an alternative would have to spend just as much time doing those types of things in order for it to be successful.
Better check on where to place this table AND what color this table should be. No need to give a certain someone the chance to get on his pedestal and preach about the injustice of it all.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Settle down folks. *collects thoughts and reflects*

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You are absolutely right and yes, I would be fine with that type of setup for the books. Hopefully our EM will respond to the suggestion. :)

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Better check on where to place this table AND what color this table should be. No need to give a certain someone the chance to get on his pedestal and preach about the injustice of it all.

Breathe, Kael, breathe!
*Shares her Dr Pepper with Kael* :D

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK,

So let's say

West Brit
Luna
Skara
Makoto
Trinsic
Vesper

Would that be enough banks that are popular enough? Or should we just do all of them?

B

Bruin

Before from what I remember it was at:

Luna bank
Luna gate
Umbra gate
Brit bank
Brit Gate
Brit Inn
Yew gate maybe?

Can't remember others....

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before from what I remember it was at:

Luna bank
Luna gate
Umbra gate
Brit bank
Brit Gate
Brit Inn
Yew gate maybe?

Can't remember others....
Well if we're going to do tables, I'm not real sure we can put them at the gates. The books get alot of exposure there, but let's face it they all have to get to a bank at some point.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We lose having NEW books locked down as its unfair to other guilds

On Chessy the EM locks down runes and books for player aucion houses ;)

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=154823
Sorry, but Chessy and SP are entirely different shards...

What do you want Kael...? Please do not think that equal treatment is possible;
it will never happen...I expect the EM's will treat each shard unequally, to
meet unequal needs.

We are not playing the same game as Chessy shard!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope i dont like this idea
Care to elaborate on why?

I'm fine with the idea of having the books on a table at the banks and/or moongates. I came to Siege shortly after all the books were unlocked, therefore I won't say anything on that matter.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We lose having NEW books locked down as its unfair to other guilds

On Chessy the EM locks down runes and books for player aucion houses ;)

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=154823
Sorry, but Chessy and SP are entirely different shards...

What do you want Kael...? Please do not think that equal treatment is possible;
it will never happen...I expect the EM's will treat each shard unequally, to
meet unequal needs.

We are not playing the same game as Chessy shard!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix
I'm not sure exactly what you mean ....you tend to confuse me at times lol

I do think each shard should have a uniqueness based on player personalities and more important player base needs but there are guidelines that as EM's they should follow to ensure gameplay is enjoyable to all. Fair is fair after all.

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Care to elaborate on why?

I'm fine with the idea of having the books on a table at the banks and/or moongates. I came to Siege shortly after all the books were unlocked, therefore I won't say anything on that matter.

NO! i must not i have recieved to many infraction points tonite