• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald: Live Events] The Bell of Courage

T

The Fallout

And so on they sang, even as their ships set out across the ocean towards the Isle of Fire, where at last their struggle could end.
I checked Fire Isle out. Looked at the Atlas in SA then compared it to the Atlas here at stratics.

Old Fire Isle:

New? Fire Isle:

Is this erupted Volcano new as of now? Or has it always been there and I am totally wrong?

T

The Fallout

Hmm this is odd, I did some exploring and this happened:

I was able to sail on land.

In the grass.

In the mountain too

T

The Fallout

Okay that makes sense, but I am having fun sailing in the volcano lol

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So....Big climax at the Isle of Fire. Got it.

:)

Think my new Hit Lower Attack Radiant Scimitar will help?

Probably not.

*chuckles*

Anyone know when? And is this event centrally-run or EM-run?

-Galen's player

L

Lissa Eldi

Just FYI, we on chesapeake were told last night that both major events will be in Felucca.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it should have had an ellipsis after it as it was just a portion of the sentence.

I just hate that college educated people don't take more pride in something like that. I can understand making mistakes in a simple post or in chat, but when you're posting something like an announcement, which is essentially a press release, you'd think they would not want to look like a freshman in high school.

It just seems to keep happening over and over.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The enhanced client is peering into the future ( when we poked around the SA open beta dungeons, we noticed that the Tram-side entrance to the abyss will be through one face of the volcano )

The way I see it there wasn't much point for them to create the pre-SA version of the map just for the beta version of the client just to turn around and replace it at the SA launch. So if you're using the enhanced client, a little suspension of disbelief will be needed until after the event ... but at least you know it's going to be something world-shaking this weekend :)

J

Jhym

Hrrm. Too bad someone couldn't set up a massive, ongoing battle in multiple locations, with ships traveling between the various islands ferrying troops and equipment and mages opening gates to the front lines.

I always hate to criticize, but it disappoints me constantly that we pretty much ONLY see
"fiction fiction"
event
"fiction fiction fiction"
event
"fiction fiction fiction fiction"
Big Event

One would think people that make worlds would actually, oh, I don't know, run the stories IN THOSE WORLDS and then write about them AFTERWARDS. Especially when they have literally hundreds of writers out here that would write the things FOR them after the events.

:sad4:

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Serisoully? Devs?
Yeah, seriously? Who told you that :p

Felucca = Dragon Fight
Trammel = Final Battle with the Shadowlords

Separate events - also, the Shadowlords are the actual ones: Astaroth, Faulinei, Nosfentor, not the weaker manifestations. Each will drop an artifact to each attacker, and each will drop one "Shard of the Gem of Immortality" to their respective top attacker.

Hit them hard! Let's end this thing!

B

BakeryGnome

Serisoully? Devs?

Felucca = Dragon Fight

Separate events - also, the Shadowlords are the actual ones: Astaroth, Faulinei, Nosfentor, not the weaker manifestations. Each will drop an artifact to each attacker, and each will drop one "Shard of the Gem of Immortality" to their respective top attacker.

Thanks for the answer, but dont quote me! I didnt say it!...:)

L

Lord Drakelord

Serisoully? Devs?

Felucca = Dragon Fight

So we need blackrock still?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I would pack it just in case...

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Felucca = Dragon Fight

Two eyes from the east
It's the angel or the beast
And the answer lies between
The good and bad

We search for the truth
We could die upon the tooth
But the thrill of just the chase
Is worth the pain

We'll know for the first time
If we're evil or divine
We're the last in line

S

slavoie

Who comes up with these schedules.

"I know guys, lets finish the arc on Labor Day weekend when most of the country will be traveling for the last weekend of the summer...."

Y

Yalp

Who comes up with these schedules.

"I know guys, lets finish the arc on Labor Day weekend when most of the country will be traveling for the last weekend of the summer...."
Big assumptions.. not sure it holds true for non-Americans, or even for that matter, most Americans, as travel is way down this year.

We've had advanced knowledge that the story arc would lead to a big battle with Crimsons/ Platinum/ Shadowlords and culminating with the SA launch for what, the better part of the year? We've known SA was gonna launch on Sept 8th for how long now?

Hard to feel that outraged at the timing.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
honestly i think its perfect timing...this has to happen before the 8th..would you rather they do it late monday night?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Top attacker" is still really the wrong way to handle it...

S

slavoie

I'm not sure how my post in anyway suggested that I was outraged.

I was just poking fun at the live events timing.

I would have thought that would have finished the arc before the last weekend before the launch, and not on a holiday weekend, when most people are with their families.

"Announcement, I'm not outraged, mad, irritated, or threatening to quit"

Any questions?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To everyone who's planning to go to Fire Island. Please whipe your feet and keep the area clean. And try to be quiet when you get killed. Some of us have a house there! :)

K

kaldera4

Check your shard's board, and/or your Event Moderators' site.

-Galen's player
i foud a link after i searched.ok . but can one tell me why i didnt find any announcement when i simply go to UO.com? there on the herald page the only last info ist the beta client update. i visit that site 2-3 times a day and thought i was allways up-to-date. and now i hear from a friend that there is a event announced since yesterday? funny

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
T-map locations appear to be unaffected - the Volcano is just tacked onto the existing island.

The Real question is what will happen to existing SOS that are in areas that will be covered over by the additional land?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Real question is what will happen to existing SOS that are in areas that will be covered over by the additional land?
Can you confirm that any will be? It looks like areas of land and sea have been carefully carved out for a reason.

K

kaldera4

didnt it start september 3rd? now its sept 4th. walked all over fire on tram and fel and saw nothing. does it start on in the night from 4th to 5th for european shards?;)

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never understood the logic of placing events during weekends when most young people15-30 are out enjoying their lives and not indoors playing a game by themselves like hermits.

K

kaldera4

I never understood the logic of placing events during weekends when most young people15-30 are out enjoying their lives and not indoors playing a game by themselves like hermits.
weekend is ok. but i not know what date is ment. because i know im not american but perhaps sometimes they could think about us too. not to talk about it would be very nice to have explanations in other languages too. but like everytime i really not know what is going on and when. like everytime there is a hard to understand story (at least if its a foreign language for you) with no real facts. and if not beeing in the middle of the world you dont even know what time and date is ment. now? next serverup? tomorrow? and so on. and you wouldnt know of the event, if you wouldnt have visited a 3rd party website, becasue on the homepage of uo you not find it like news direkt on the mainpage but in a subfolder. this is all so:sad3:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The land was, to not interfere with the existing island. There's actually a couple spots, right up next to the volcano, on the existing coast, where you can place houses on Fire Island - I'm sure the devs didn't want to have to deal with having player houses in the way.

On the other hand, SOS tend to be in random deep water resource squares, and I know I've had a couple SOS in the past that were VERY close to where the volcano will be (if not within it).

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
T-map locations appear to be unaffected - the Volcano is just tacked onto the existing island.

I went to the island (Baja) and found houses in the area. Hope the owners bring lots of pick axes to dig them out.

S

Seasseragh

Armageddon didn´t work (for me) on the latest Manifestations (aka fake shadow lords).
But I´ll surely try again :D

P.S.: That said, I still don´t think the SLs should be defeated/banned in a big fight, but rather with the use of some mystical device. Actually all the Hate (and to a lesser extent Cowardice and Falsehood) around in a battle should strengthen them, making it impossible to defeat them in conflict.