• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Got another Survey For You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they work for faction war horses then I would love them :) SL has the ugliest damn horse color in the game

T

Tay M'real

this is horrible...

if you want to add diversity to pets - why not enhace the crafting system to provide armor for pets beyond just horse barding. you can hue the armors and still retain original animal colors. they could reduce overall natural resists of the animals and allow the armor to increase it.....players have enough ability to hue armor

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is your opinion and you certainly have a right to it. On something like this I would hope that a 30%-40% majority would not be enough to sway them. You really think EA wants to upset 60%-70% of there player base at this time?
If 60-70% of UO's players would be upset by this implementation, it's time for Mythic to pull the plug on UO for good. Frankly, the number of "I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO LOOK AT THOSE COLORS, OW MY EYES" cries of exaggerated disgust are as melodramatic as the people who whined and cried about "neon" in the game.

Why some of you have such issues with how OTHER PEOPLE use things to look how THEY want to look is beyond me. If you don't like it, make fun of them in game, chuckle to your friends, or go pull some wings off of flys.

But for god's sake, STOP denying people the opportunity of choice simply because YOU don't like it. I've never seen a group of people with such sensitive retinas in my life. Maybe if you folks got up from in front of your computers, went outside, and pretended to have lives for a millisecond or two a day, you wouldn't be blinded by these colors.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is horrible...

if you want to add diversity to pets - why not enhace the crafting system to provide armor for pets beyond just horse barding. you can hue the armors and still retain original animal colors. they could reduce overall natural resists of the animals and allow the armor to increase it.....players have enough ability to hue armor
And the first time someone applies Dryad Green, Invulnerability Blue, or Fire Orange to a piece of armor, this changes the current discussion how?

This is something they at Mythic can do that would satisfy a request that a lot of the playerbase HAVE asked for (regardless of some interesting revisionist history going on at the moment) without a butt load of programming, and which allows yet another level of personal choice into the game.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...I find it hard to believe that they'd be able to dye their ... greater dragon to look like a white wyrm and be able to FOOL anyone.
What, exactly, are they going to fool us into believing? That their Greater Dragon is indeed a White Wyrm? What's the risk here? We might accidentally buy a White Wyrm and instead it turns out to be a Greater Dragon (and just who would the joke be on in that case)? Or that we might accidentally PvP against a White Wyrm and it turns out to be a Greater Dragon (because, you know, we can easily tell the difference between a Greater Dragon and a Regular Dragon because the Greater Dragons all have 1337 nam3z unlike the Regulars)?

I mean, uh, could you please explain this to me, because aside from the clarification that they would read [dyed] in their names, I just don't see some risk of me being fooled by a white Greater Dragon.

Maybe if it snuck up on me and gave me a wedgie... but... that's more for a Bully Dragon.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not looking forward to seeing a kaleidoscope of flapping dragon wings.
Then again... who's going to keep doing the puzzle over and over for a dye that fades in 7 days? And it won't be that Halloween dark orange you were hoping for.... you get Barney purple instead thanks to the almighty RNG. LOL

I'd rather the devs fix the duping and bugs.

C

Coppelia

If 60-70% of UO's players would be upset by this implementation, it's time for Mythic to pull the plug on UO for good. Frankly, the number of "I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO LOOK AT THOSE COLORS, OW MY EYES" cries of exaggerated disgust are as melodramatic as the people who whined and cried about "neon" in the game.

Why some of you have such issues with how OTHER PEOPLE use things to look how THEY want to look is beyond me. If you don't like it, make fun of them in game, chuckle to your friends, or go pull some wings off of flys.

But for god's sake, STOP denying people the opportunity of choice simply because YOU don't like it. I've never seen a group of people with such sensitive retinas in my life. Maybe if you folks got up from in front of your computers, went outside, and pretended to have lives for a millisecond or two a day, you wouldn't be blinded by these colors.
If your choice is making my game less enjoyable, then maybe I will ask for this choice not to be. And of course if your choice hasn't much impact on my part, I won't whine/cry/complain.
Just remember you are not alone in this game. If pet dyes aren't implemented, you'll be able to continue playing like you did before. If it is implemented, we won't be able to do as if they weren't there. So be careful about what you ask.

C

Coppelia

And the first time someone applies Dryad Green, Invulnerability Blue, or Fire Orange to a piece of armor, this changes the current discussion how?

This is something they at Mythic can do that would satisfy a request that a lot of the playerbase HAVE asked for (regardless of some interesting revisionist history going on at the moment) without a butt load of programming, and which allows yet another level of personal choice into the game.
Here you forgot history. When ToT were introduced, players were asking for metal dye tubs and expecting metallic colours. MrTact even discussed about the dyes saying it would please the players, and from the discussion he decided to put 50 uses instead of 10. At that time we were still believing it would be metallic colors. When ToT actually went out, we discovered the horrible hues they chose. A few were good, but there's been a storm on Stratics because that wasn't what we were asking at all.

So... ToT1 dyes... history... what players want...
I'm not sure you have a clear vision of all that.

F

Flora Green

Why don't you guys just give back the ToT dyes (all of them) in addition to the new dyes for staining and not bother with pet dyes? I mean, pet dyes? Wasn't it always stated that would never leave Test Center???

I love the color options from the ToT dyes, the bod cloth, the bright hair and now the new dyes coming, but pet dyes??? You can't ...nay WON'T...give us banana trees to grow, but you want to add pet dyes?

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To clear up confusion on this it is a reward for completing a puzzle in the Under World. It is FREE to anyone who completes the puzzle.
Chrissay, Personally I do not mind colors I even like many of them especially if some temporary award dying set ups.

But I am also thinking of *safety* issues.

We all know with there are some tamers that just abandon their pets wherever. NP we know a dragon left abandoned going wild in a town be it pink blue polka dotted whatever, if we are not a tamer and the dragon is in town looking ready to go wild we RUN the other way !

My concern is horses......... no horses should be dyed nightmare black or firesteed dyed blaze..simply cuz some one will use those colors if offered to dye plain old regular horses the colors of nightmares or firesteeds if offered...and players will soon be complacent at seeing Dark black hued regular horses left abandoned in towns...not look thinking they are plain old horses and end up dead cuz it was a nightmare gone wild in some town abandoned.

Thus my concern is be it newer players or any of us, some pets that are really dangerous for non tamers when they are abandoned left in cities or wherever going wild...we KNOW them by their colors...cuz they are the only *horse* looking creatures bearing those colors atm...regular non aggro horses do NOT bear those colors at all ATM !

*just thinking ahead of complaints yall may get if folks are in some town yes even a guardzone and some black pony goes wild that was NOT a plain old horse and Yall get all the complaints ! *

:) Just sayin...dragons can be any dyed up wonder color every one knows a dragon is a dragon...pupdogs nothing else looks like them and they already come in assorted hues so what is more of hues of them..we know em when we see em hiryus too...but HORSES NIGHTMARES FIRESTEEDS...even the unicorn some neg. karma person knows to avoid it if it is in a town...going wild maybe...dying plain old non aggro horses any hues match those creatures that KILL ...should be hues avoided in this dye reward thing for critters remotely resembling non aggro tames or aggro animals that look nearly identical to harmless critters. :) Cuz tamers some of em DO abandon their tames all over and some innocent ends up dead...let alone they soon now match...my pretty pony when they be killer steeds.

D

Deb

Why don't you guys just give back the ToT dyes (all of them) in addition to the new dyes for staining and not bother with pet dyes? I mean, pet dyes? Wasn't it always stated that would never leave Test Center???

I love the color options from the ToT dyes, the bod cloth, the bright hair and now the new dyes coming, but pet dyes??? You can't ...nay WON'T...give us banana trees to grow, but you want to add pet dyes?
AMEN!!!

F

Fink

Oh didn't everyone quit UO when they introduced those BLAZE colored fire steeds?

BLAZE bod cloth and BLAZE sandals were just too much for us, the Devs gave us zero choice but to say goodbye UO!
Actually fire steeds are "Fire" hued. As are fire beetles, fire cloth, fire sandals, and fire cu sidhes.

"Blaze" is almost an inversion of the Fire palette. It goes yellow-orange instead of red-orange-yellow, making dark areas light and vice versa, thereby making it roughly twice as hideous.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thus my concern is be it newer players or any of us, some pets that are really dangerous for non tamers when they are abandoned left in cities or wherever going wild...we KNOW them by their colors...cuz they are the only *horse* looking creatures bearing those colors atm...regular non aggro horses do NOT bear those colors at all ATM !
I don't understand this concern with horses and steeds. With your example we are worried about being killed by dyed pets. First off, they will have the (dyed) tag to their name. That should key someone off from the start. Second, I don't care if AFK people get killed because someone let a pet loose at the bank and they weren't there. If you aren't paying attention then log out. I don't feel this would be any different than someone letting something going wild now. You have to be terribly slow to disregard a pet that begins to go wild no matter what it's color is.

I'm not worried about new players either. The 2 we get each year is not a big enough factor for me to think it makes any difference.

Unrelated to Queen's post is the issue with faction warhorses. If you are in fel and somehow get fooled into being killed by someone on a colored warhorse then you shouldn't be in fel in the first place or you are a trammy noob and need to find a blue gate fast.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually fire steeds are "Fire" hued. As are fire beetles, fire cloth, fire sandals, and fire cu sidhes.

"Blaze" is almost an inversion of the Fire palette. It goes yellow-orange instead of red-orange-yellow, making dark areas light and vice versa, thereby making it roughly twice as hideous.
Or twice as awesome!!! :danceb::danceb::danceb:

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now if there was a reward to change your plain horse into that cool Zebra stripe that Fink has on the sig, then that would be quite exotic and unique.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know what will be fun? Coloring your dread war horse in your faction color and then slaughtering people who mistake it for a normal horse.

:wall:
That is why I expressed my own concerns. I think EA UO should really think this out totally regarding some sorts of pets that should not have their color duplicated.

A frenzied ostard is not...a friendly ostard...dye all the rest whatever goofy colors ya wish...leave that FRENZIED one as IS undyeable.

A nightmare's assorted black hues should NOT be used on any plain old non aggro horsey !

Ditto firesteeds, unicorns dread horseys..their hues should NOT go onto any non aggro plain old ponies.

Beetles...if they go nuts we all know even the lil blue beetle gone wild in pink or polka dots can be nasty...yet no beetle should really be dyed RUNE BEETLE hue even though their sizes differ greatly... just saying.. if EA UO wishes to avoid lotsa complaints from customers KILLED by what looked like my pretty pony...that is a nightmare in...lavendar...........they should be really careful which species of creatures they do not duplicate hues with...on those non aggro pets lookin just like..............a nightmare ie a plain old horse, etc.

I mean can ya see the posts all over the forums via folks pkd in town in guardzones even by a dyed pretty pony nightmare or firesteed gone...pink !

I hope they really think the colors species thru ... a lot before they would implement pet dyes. :) It can be done but ...carefully if they do do pet dyes ! Just sayin !

O

Old Man of UO

... Silly Logic...Some things are un-needed....when u start looking for ways to improve a game that rly serves no purpose then u end up destroying the game...just my 2 cents.
Talk about silly logic, this whole game is about pixels and colors. Home decorations really serve no purpose, other than for player pleasure. Anything other than black and white (eh, gray scale tones) serve no purpose that can't be done in black and white. So I disagree with your reasoning.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But guess what? MY PERSONAL VIEWS DON'T MATTER.
Miss Echo, the problem with your statement is, EA ask us our views so it does matter.

Do I like the dyes... Not especially, I've voted in the poll and given my opinion. Will it matter if they implement it. No not really. But don't be so rude to people that were ASKED to give their opinions. That's what this whole thread is about.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*laughs*

I'm just saying...I can see it happening and EA should think about it a lot before they create pet dyes or which dyes to avoid in general that are identical to aggro animals which can be tamed.

Personally I LOOK at any animal left alone anywhere with caution, especially DARK BLACK PONIES etc. :) whether it reads *fluffy* or a nightmare or my pretty pony.

B

Brynthe

If they limited it to specific colors (the more subdued colors) and specific animals then it would be okay. But the faction warhorse colors are bad enough.. green horses? Come on. There's enough ridiculously colored stuff in the game already, lets move away from that trend. Keep these to natural looking colors for each animal type, no blue horses, no riding the purple Energy Vortex llama, etc.

I'd much rather see some additional natural looking colors spawn in the wild, to be tamed, than to have "Pimp My Pet" added to the game. I mean seriously, if they're going to do this, might as well allow them to have a colored lighting effect surround them when you mount them as well. (And what's sad about that statement is, there are people who would love that idea as well.)

I'd go along with the warpaint, or slight markings on the animals, but unfortunately that would require copying the artwork for every available color in the 2D client, with the way those files were designed originally and only the whole thing is dyeable (not certain parts.)

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just voicing my opinion here at the complete disappointment that a better reward for a quest was not considered that would not have the history of controversy and split opinions on bringing test shard antics into the game. To put the man hours into something like this in without getting that feedback first...seems a done deal to me and another reason for UO to lose it's classic feeling. Color me sad.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

I've read this entire thread, and really I'm speechless.
Personally, I don't care if they put in pet dyes or not. I might dye one of my animals if I happen to find/earn/be given a dye, depending on the color. It's a nice novelty for some, but to cause the uproar it has? I don't think it's that big of an issue. For the most part I find the colors and monochrome paint job ugly with 2 or 3 exceptions. But because I don't like them do I think ultra 133t tamer dude at the bank shouldn't be able to have a pink dragon? No, not even a little bit. Someone said about 2 pages back (I'm paraphrasing here)
I don't like them, and I shouldn't have to be forced to look at them playing a game for my enjoyment.
What a disgusting attitude to have. Maybe an MMO isn't the place for you. There are many of single player games you would be very happy with. Yes, you may not want to have to be subject to these dyes in 'your' game, but who are you to say that someone else who likes them shouldn't get to have them in 'their' game?

It's an MMO, like it or not, you do have to consider what other people want/like. You don't like the dyes, don't use them. But don't say nobody should be able to.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With all due respect Black Sun, it is exactly the reason to bring it up to the community and discuss. What may not be a big deal to some is to others more so than game mechanics because it is the visual appeal some consider a big deal. Whether it's paperdolls, the size of backpacks and how the items look is all part of it. All opinions should be considered for a game many enjoy for varying reasons.

Amber Moon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's an MMO, like it or not, you do have to consider what other people want/like. You don't like the dyes, don't use them. But don't say nobody should be able to.
To argue this is to argue that because it's an MMO, that anything should go, regardless of how out of place it might be.

Do you think that the feel and sense of immersion is unimportant because some value it less then others?

How do you think to adding a photo-realistic character class to a game like WoW would be received? It's all good because some people would like it?

What worries me most is not this specific change, but that we have a dev team that apparently believes its a game much more then a world. One step closer to a generic game and one step away from the original look and feel of the game that brought so many of us here in the first place.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't get the wrong impression, I'm not saying it's not a valid debate. My comments were directed to the "NO! It will ruin MY gaming experience!" crowd. I understand, and mostly agree with the arguments about hues that could be used to disguise an animal for the purposes of tricking someone, be it in PvP or just a scam selling pets to unwitting players. I am very glad they are going to have a dyed tag on them. My complaint is with the people who say no simply because they don't like it.

To argue this is to argue that because it's an MMO, that anything should go, regardless of how out of place it might be.

Do you think that the feel and sense of immersion is unimportant because some value it less then others?
No disrespect, but if neon weapons and armor and basically most everything since AOS is tolerated, I don't think a blue or red horse is going to cause much damage.

What worries me most is not this specific change, but that we have a dev team that apparently believes its a game much more then a world. One step closer to a generic game and one step away from the original look and feel of the game that brought so many of us here in the first place.
I 100% understand where you're coming from, and I agree that UO is a world in and of itself. But at the same time it is a game, and we shouldn't't take it too seriously. A natural part of any world is change, as time passes UO must change. And for it to continue to be successful UO has to compete with the WoW's and it's like. And that mean's changes that some of the old time players are not going to like. Sadly, if the dev team listened to only that group and made decisions based on what that group wanted, UO would probably not have made it this far.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Fallout said, I see alot of the negative posters here as nothing more than anti-tamer flamers.
Think again. There are a LOT of tamers that hate this idea.
And for each ONE of them there are 3 that do like it.

The question is how many of those 3 is willing to go through the hassle of the quest or the cost of the dye to have it for a measly 7 days? This is going to be such a non issue it's hilarious the amount of uproar it's causing.

B

Brynthe

Amber, I think this sentiment sums it up perfectly.

G

Gladius

I still say you can forget about it! Sorry but it is a rotten idea do you think UO is some kind of SANRIO toon?

-G-

C

Coppelia

No disrespect, but if neon weapons and armor and basically most everything since AOS is tolerated, I don't think a blue or red horse is going to cause much damage.
Really, that's the most important issue with the dyes for me. There a re animals that wouldn't suffer from it, a lot other would look really stupid. When a weapon is neon, it's ok : it's tiny and just there. When it's on cloth it begins to be a lot larger, and bank starts to be a clown parade. So please leave that last one bit of sanity that are pets' colors.
If you don't understand how it can hurt, at least believe us. UO took a lot of bad hits because of that and if there are still players who accepted it by despise, understand that it doesn't make a new hit acceptable. That is the kind of addition that does more damage to players' joy to play the game than it gives in terms of possibilities, power to the player or diversity.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it seems this is gonna be implimented wether we say yes or no.
Can i then ask, nay beg for a Classic shard with none of this colour junk. A weapon should be metal a pet should be the colour it was born with.

If you insist on adding more colour then get your art team to do some work and colour to the exsisting pets rather than just Hueing everything.

If i dyed a horse in the UK id be done by the law for animal cruelty.

And to the poster earlier, surely it will be more like 'hello kitty online' WITH pet dyes rather than without?

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If i dyed a horse in the UK id be done by the law for animal cruelty.

I used to corner my bulldog and write "Dork" on his chest. I would let him walk around like that for a day or so. He wouldn't even look at me. He was just pissed at me.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is the kind of addition that does more damage to players' joy to play the game than it gives in terms of possibilities, power to the player or diversity.
You (or anyone on this board) have no way of knowing how much damage to player joy this will cause other than your own. Yes, there is a vocal group here who hates it. But if we were to poll every active subscriber I'm betting it wouldn't be the drastic split that you think it would. As someone said before, you will find a small group who loves it and dyes their pets all the time, you will find another group who hates it and cry for it to be removed until the next big issue comes along and makes them forget. But by and large the majority of the population will be mostly apathetic towards this change.

D

Deb

I know.....give the pet dyes to pvp Fel champ and give the gardeners the
banana tree plants:thumbsup: And I am not being sarcastic. That way
there will not be a whole lot of garish looking pets.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was torn on this idea at first, but I must admit that I was convinced by the anti-dye crowd to vote in favor. The arguments remind me of roleplayers who scoff at bright weapons my RP characters might possess. Nevermind I roleplay the a orange weapon as being wreathed in fire. I guess some people are just limited by a lack of imagination.

Just staring at the different color pets, my mind was already awhirl with stories, about roleplaying blue dragons who are at odds with the reds, about black scorpions that give a particular venom type which is necessary for some magical concoction. I probably wouldn't use them if they are temporary, however. Just not worth my time.

T

The Fallout

You know what will be fun? Coloring your dread war horse in your faction color and then slaughtering people who mistake it for a normal horse.

:wall:
Devs already said there will be a (dyed) tag on dyed pets.

Also, (this is aimed at other posters) how is a dark green dragon ridiculous? Or dark blue ones? I can understand some of those colors are a little weird, so go on the survey and say that.

Jove

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Garbage idea, trammies go back in your cave on this one. You guys dont even know how to experience this game to the fullest so ur opinion doesnt count IMO. Scrap this idea fellahs....
Say What???? That statement right there is why I hold no respect for people who choose to fight another player rather play the game. Why when a PvPer comes to tram he can't find his way around? If PvP is all that great why don't people just play on Seige?

Its going to be a colorful world!

N

Nastia Cross

Devs already said there will be a (dyed) tag on dyed pets.
And as someone stated above, you won't see this "tag" while someone is mounted. To be honest, who is going to have the time to mouse over the pet in question to check to see if its sporting the "dyed" tag, especially if you've just been dismounted by the pet's owner.

I can understand using dye on clothing and armor and weapons, there is a feasible mechanism for this (both in UO and IRL) but the use of dye on a pet IRL is just cruel and I can't really see how there would be a feasible mechanism to dye dragon scales or a beetle shell (on a live pet at least without harming said animal). I know this is supposed to be an MMO and things don't have to be feasible or make sense, but do you really think that your greater dragon is going to stand by and let you use some "scouring toxin" on its scales so you can change their color? Leave the crazily dyed pets where they belong, on TEST CENTER!

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can understand using dye on clothing and armor and weapons, there is a feasible mechanism for this (both in UO and IRL) but the use of dye on a pet IRL is just cruel
What about the cruelty of sending your pet into danger and forcing it to do your fighting for you? :D

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dyes only if-

The owner receives an intelligence penalty and the animal suffers from reduced control because it is embarrassed to be seen in public like that.
*ROFL* Well said, Specialshoes. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Please show me anywhere in all my posts where is said anything you have ranted about. You might even find a post of the colors I said I like.

C

Coppelia

You (or anyone on this board) have no way of knowing how much damage to player joy this will cause other than your own. Yes, there is a vocal group here who hates it. But if we were to poll every active subscriber I'm betting it wouldn't be the drastic split that you think it would. As someone said before, you will find a small group who loves it and dyes their pets all the time, you will find another group who hates it and cry for it to be removed until the next big issue comes along and makes them forget. But by and large the majority of the population will be mostly apathetic towards this change.
Except that it's not about a loud minority, a majority of people who doesn't care and some players who would love it. It's about knowing if the players asking for it (not just accepting it or finding it nice now it's presented to them) will suffer more from not implementing the idea than players hating the idea would suffer from the implementation of the idea. All the players who don't care, they just don't care so they aren't concerned by the debate.

I'm yet to read someone saying "I've been asking for this for years and I'll be hurt if they remove it in front of my nose". Then I'll be ready to discuss which part is important for them so we can find a common ground where things don't go wild.

Also, I don't see why UO Stratics users or UOHerald readers wouldn't be a representative portion of the UO players. There's always a margin of error, but there's no difference between 1,000 random UO Stratics users and 1,000 random UO players ingame. I'm sure there are "Popps" ingame, ranting about everything but still playing. Even some that don't speak English very well and don't come here to express their opinion. So I'm sure we would get the same proportions with an ingame survey.

F

Flora Green

I was torn on this idea at first, but I must admit that I was convinced by the anti-dye crowd to vote in favor. The arguments remind me of roleplayers who scoff at bright weapons my RP characters might possess. Nevermind I roleplay the a orange weapon as being wreathed in fire. I guess some people are just limited by a lack of imagination.
This is exactly how I feel about it now as well. After reading more posts and seeing the comments, I have no problem with pets being dyed. I really didn't in the first place other than I find it silly to dye them and I dislike more inconsistency from the dev team. My gameplaying won't be impacted in the least if a red horse is next to me at the bank anymore than a middle aged woman or older with "JUICY" across her butt will offend me when shopping IRL. So, I voted yes to the dyes.

Now about that banana tree being a PvP drop.... :talktothehand:

Status
Not open for further replies.