• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you want ToTs to be left on for Siege?

Do you think ToTs should stay on for Siege?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Possibly making the item playing field a bit more equal (and for more than just the short term,) giving monster bashers another place to hunt for good items and PKs another area to roam...

Do you think we should ask the Devs to keep ToTs turned on?

Quality check for Poll results:

If you do not have an active UO account and a character on Siege... your vote does not count.

Thanks!

C

Calyip

Keep drop rates the same, with a few minor details IMO:

-Remove all dyes, both old and new.
-Allow cursed artifacts to drop as well, or at least be turned in for after say, 5 drops?

And if they ARE to continue going on like this, something will have to be done about the 125 item backpack bug.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... at least we know that the one "no" vote doesn't count, Chardonnay... as this is a poll only for players who have active accounts and a character on Siege.

:thumbsup:

So 100% yes so far... woohoo

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... at least we know that the one "no" vote doesn't count, Chardonnay... as this is a poll only for players who have active accounts and a character on Siege.

You want a prodo shard go to one...just one more reason why SP has nothing but prodo carebears on it now...

Which is one more reason why its ****ing dead...oh wait not dead just population disadvantaged...

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Calyip, why would you want the dyes removed?? They are fairly muted colors, unlike the old obnoxious neon ones from ToT 1.

I'm not sure it is a good idea to ask the devs to go through that work for us. I think people will get bored after awhile and Tok will be as boring as the other lands. But, that's just my opinion.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You want a prodo shard go to one...just one more reason why SP has nothing but prodo carebears on it now...
You don't play this game. No one cares to hear about your stupid thoughts, much less your vote on a subject you have no vote on.

Thanks buddy! :thumbsup:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure it is a good idea to ask the devs to go through that work for us. I think people will get bored after awhile and Tok will be as boring as the other lands. But, that's just my opinion.
New players will definately be going to Tokuno if they know good gear is obtainable there.

Players will definately be going to Tokuno to keep others stocked with things like rune beetle carapaces, kasas, storm grips and all the others.

These aren't the crappy items that Ilshenar offers (marties) and the PvM isn't a mind numbingly pointless lottery system (doom.)

Mondains Legacy has been out for over 4 years and people STILL farm lady mel.

I just don't agree with you not one bit.

Good items will always entice people to hunt for them. ESPECIALLY on Siege, where you lose your stuff every time you die.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The drops are fine, but the ghost afk farming is not. There is no risk involved, thereby making it just like Trammel. If they want to afk farm, fine, but there should be the opportunity for others to make them pay for it by killing and looting them.

That option isn't on the list, so I cannot vote.

Their actions go against everything that is Siege, the risk!

I propose we boycott all who are known afk ghost farmers when they try to sell their goods on vendors. They should not profit from this tactic.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The drops are fine, but the ghost afk farming is not. There is no risk involved, thereby making it just like Trammel. If they want to afk farm, fine, but there should be the opportunity for others to make them pay for it by killing and looting them.

I propose we boycott all who are known afk ghost farmers when they try to sell their goods on vendors. They should not profit from this tactic.
QFT...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFL and you just logged in your alternate stratics account to vote no?

Thanks for helping me out!
Is that a cry or a intelligent comment?

The great thing about this poll is well get to see ALL the people on the server opinion, right?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

While that would be nice, we should probably take advantage of the situation we have in front of us and see if we can get them to fix this minor detail once they decide to leave the ToTs on.

It's not like we can't ask them to make sure the ToTs drop on the monsters corpse instead of backpacks... this is Siege after all ;)

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFL and you just logged in your alternate stratics account to vote no?

Thanks for helping me out!
Is that a cry or a intelligent comment?

The great thing about this poll is well get to see ALL the people on the servers opinion, right?
The great thing about this poll is that if you don't play Siege, your opinion on this topic doesn't mean diddly dookie.

You will need to post a current screenshot of you in game to have your vote count.

Your other vote is automatically disqualified.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do make a good, Drax. I thought about it more after I posted and I agree people would not get bored.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While that would be nice, we should probably take advantage of the situation we have in front of us and see if we can get them to fix this minor detail once they decide to leave the ToTs on.

It's not like we can't ask them to make sure the ToTs drop on the monsters corpse instead of backpacks... this is Siege after all ;)
And what advantage would that be?Farming artifacts with no consequences,afk and dead?Lemme get this straight draconi already said 125 pack rule isnt a exploit but it clearly is and you want to keep them on sp and not to mention people are dead farming and you want to keep them on sp?Sounds like trammie thinking to me...

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's because Lady Mel is the best way to get decent magic items. It also happens to be the last expansion, which therefore implies best loot.

Not arguing with you that they do it, but you make it seem like farming lady mel is WTFOMG! when it's one of the way to get some nice ub3r weaps if done right [& Lucky].

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The great thing about this poll is that if you don't play Siege, your opinion on this topic doesn't mean diddly dookie.

You will need to post a current screenshot of you in game to have your vote count.

Your other vote is automatically disqualified.
How old are you 5?:thumbsup:

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if we can get them to fix this minor detail once they decide to leave the ToTs on.

That's a big *IF*, considering how much time/resouces we all know they put into Siege.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a big *IF*, considering how much time/resouces we all know they put into Siege.
QFT...

It's obvious drax isn't worried about the two exploits going on as long as he can get his free pixel crack without doing anything...trammie thought...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's because Lady Mel is the best way to get decent magic items. It also happens to be the last expansion, which therefore implies best loot.

Not arguing with you that they do it, but you make it seem like farming lady mel is WTFOMG! when it's one of the way to get some nice ub3r weaps if done right [& Lucky].
Farming lady mel is WTFOMG! compared to anything else on our server...

My point was, good items will always entice people to hunt for them. ESPECIALLY on Siege, where you lose your stuff every time you die.

There will always be a market for those items and people hunting for them. People will even be willing to fight more often when they realize they don't have that feeling of wanting to cancel their subscription because they just died and lost 20 dollars worth of pixel crap.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farming lady mel is WTFOMG! compared to anything else on our server...

My point was, good items will always entice people to hunt for them. ESPECIALLY on Siege, where you lose your stuff every time you die.

People will even be willing to fight more often when they realize they don't have that feeling of wanting to cancel their subscription because they just died and lost 20 dollars worth of pixel crap.
Do those people even belong on SP?By you making the ToT's permanent your making items more dependent, honestly god the trammie is just oozing out of you seriously...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chardy, go be bored somewhere else please.

You can stop the afk/ghostie lot with a bit of thought, they'll only stay logged in while their pet is on the same screen, yes?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if we can get them to fix this minor detail once they decide to leave the ToTs on.

So what? Even if this won't be perfect... at least its a step in the right direction.

Its better than the alternative of not having access to ToTs at all. You, I and everyone here knows that players like me will eventually get the majority of these items from killing players like you and then you will be fighting players like me equipped in good gear... while you complain about how crappy your GM gear is.

This is the way things were before and the way things will be again unless ToTs are left on.

Just like this picture demonstrates.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chardy, go be bored somewhere else please.

You can stop the afk/ghostie lot with a bit of thought, they'll only stay logged in while their pet is on the same screen, yes?
WRONG, if they stay in a room the pet wont leave the screen am i right?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That Looks like NyM's Castle...Is it?
Yeah, it's Nyms. :)

If the whole shard had access to good gear. I'm absolutely sure that people won't be so scared to run templates without hiding/stealth. People won't be so scared to fight the whole night (die a bunch of times) and just play to have fun because dying won't be THAT big of a deal.

I can dream... right? :thumbsup:

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You...

are...

dumb...

I believe she was implying leading the pet away......
That would mean someone would actively have to do that, so sp would have to babysit so none was afk farming right?I know what the **** she was saying i just gave her a way around it...

Which makes you equally dumb...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will if you double click it in war mode and then leggit :D There are no closed doors in the mines or dojo

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will if you double click it in war mode and then leggit :D There are no closed doors in the mines or dojo
But it would be done till someone did that right?And with how sp's population is how long till someone noticed afk farming?Hour ,two hours?Not too mention with the 125 count thing theres no risk...sorta like having tram in sp...huh?Could the pet be blocked with items?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope, the population isn't as low as you are determined to believe it is, and most of them are either trying to find a quiet spot to farm without being pk'd or looking for the farmers to pk them, there are even the odd few crate thieves roaming the mines and dojo looking for the stealables. Some of them aren't against a little bit of pet re-locating while they're in the area.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope, the population isn't as low as you are determined to believe it is, and most of them are either trying to find a quiet spot to farm without being pk'd or looking for the farmers to pk them, there are even the odd few crate thieves roaming the mines and dojo looking for the stealables. Some of them aren't against a little bit of pet re-locating while they're in the area.
Well i guess this poll with explain sp's population huh?Not unless your just gonna say not everyone reads these forums yadda yadda yadda etc etc...

A

archite666

That would mean someone would actively have to do that, so sp would have to babysit so none was afk farming right?I know what the **** she was saying i just gave her a way around it...

Which makes you equally dumb...
I'm not the one who totally missed the point of what she was saying.

If you have a problem with her idea, take it up with her. I was merely pointing out how foolish you look, not like that is real rewarding...or challenging.

Alright im outy for now/

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

That is what I was going to suggest. Make the items drop on the monsters as normal loot does so you have to be alive and come out of hiding to check the corpse. If you're afk, the corpses expire and you miss out on the loot, if you're dead, you cant check the corpses. That is the best solution, and I will agree to leave ToT on under these circumstances.

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How long have we lived with out them? At least as long as I have been playing UO. Going on my 3rd year. We survived this long without them. Turn them back off.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How long have we lived with out them? At least as long as I have been playing UO. Going on my 3rd year. We survived this long without them. Turn them back off.
Maybe you've been oblivious to the very crystal clear truth behind Siege PvP... I dunno, but we have been having problems with monster loot for years now and the problem has been rapidly getting worse. Players don't even want to fight against other players because their either afraid to lose the gear that they have or they know they don't stand a chance against the capabilities of those in great gear.

Good PvPers and wealthy players obtain a majority of what has been limited stocks of these items while the rest of the population tries to compete at a disadvantage.

My enemies have become easier and easier to beat. Their loot has become crappier and crappier while mine gets better and better.

It would be great if everyone could equip in good gear that they have to earn in a reasonable way... and no, 1 to 3mil for a rune beetle carapace is not reasonable. Going out and having to kill monsters with the threat of being PK'd is reasonable.

Leave treasures of tokuno on.

O

Ole Cheapy

I vote no for the simple fact that its nothing more than eye candy because of the stupid faction items that only that person can use. Im all for a more even playing field but its not fair cuz faction items may as well be blessed if no one else can use them cuz all you have to do if you lose them is buy them back. That is like a prodo shard having every item you wear blessed and its just not in the best interest for siege .

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I kinda like it the way it is. A recurring event that gets a few new drops every go around. Keeps it fresh.

S

Scopulus Falco

Yeah, it's Nyms. :)

If the whole shard had access to good gear. I'm absolutely sure that people won't be so scared to run templates without hiding/stealth. People won't be so scared to fight the whole night (die a bunch of times) and just play to have fun because dying won't be THAT big of a deal.

I can dream... right? :thumbsup:
Your dreams will come true. All i have to say is every one hang in there, things are going to change (i can feel it) hehe:stir:

W

Weed Ninja

I kinda like it the way it is. A recurring event that gets a few new drops every go around. Keeps it fresh.

I agree with Kelmo, good for now but needs to be recurring event.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted no for really one reason only. I would prefer to see more mini events similar to this that one can work towards a semi decent reward.
I would be all for this on a ongoing basis but I think it would grow boring for most people soon and really just reward those that script or farm dead. It's been a blast farming a few tot, hunting for orange or red enemies ( even when I die ) and working towards killing the pets of the afkers.
What would be awesome would be another mini event that lasts a couple of weeks and draws huge interest from people to log in and have fun. Keep it fresh and people have fun...keep it the same and people grow bored.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My vote does not count either since my templates here are crafters but I voted NO.

IF they would do this they would in all fairness have to do it for ALL their customer base...even though Siege is unique and special to us...to others it is *just another shard of customer base* period which is supposed to be the *hard shard* asking for special favors for it's own customer base ONLY. That won't fly well with yes all the other customers that pay same as we all do.

That said IF asking the dev. team to extend it or to keep it perma then, it should be for ALL Shards alike across the board or it will NEVER happen.

My vote also does not count here since I play crafter templates ONLY here.

I AM doing the ToTs on Chesapeake cuz that is where my pvmers exist and ARE...already done, ready to go whenever they DO turn the ToTs on. But even as a duo sharder as many other PAYING UO customers would feel, IF the TOTS are extended or made perma like,
it should be requested or asked of to the dev. team to do so, for ALL their customers not just one special interest group/shard. . because the outrage would be so great that *ONLY SIEGE* should get the ToTs perma like or extended would just tick off too many other customers..regardless of the reasonings behind Siege wanting it *only for themselves* for any reasons.

But my vote here does not count here either, since I am old ignored, and play crafters only here, am too long winded with my opinions.
I also AM doing the Tots (while they last elsewhere on another shard where I have already built up pvm chrs.,) but if we ask for something we should be mindful of the reactions it will create across the board to those other sharded customers whom will just become angered we ask for SPECIAL TREATMENT for just Siege, regarding an event that they too all like for assorted reasonings no matter how unalike our reasonings may be to ask for it just for US here.

I also do not wish to hear the griping backlash posts of every other customer on all those other shards complaining that ONLY Siege got Tots perma or extended. Players enjoy the ToTs everywhere for their own reasonings.

Ask it for ALL their customer base, and I will vote YES, period.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vote no for the simple fact that its nothing more than eye candy because of the stupid faction items that only that person can use. Im all for a more even playing field but its not fair cuz faction items may as well be blessed if no one else can use them cuz all you have to do if you lose them is buy them back.
What the hell?

You're all for a more even playing field... but you vote no to something that will give you a more even playing field while pancakes about something totally un-related.

Good jerb smert guy! :thumbsup:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My vote does not count either since my templates here are crafters but I voted NO.

IF they would do this they would in all fairness have to do it for ALL their customer base...even though Siege is unique and special to us...to others it is *just another shard of customer base* period which is supposed to be the *hard shard* asking for special favors for it's own customer base ONLY. That won't fly well with yes all the other customers that pay same as we all do.

That said IF asking the dev. team to extend it or to keep it perma then, it should be for ALL Shards alike across the board or it will NEVER happen.

My vote also does not count here since I play crafter templates ONLY here.

Ask it for ALL their customer base, and I will vote YES, period.

:coco:

C

Calibretto

Good idead IMO> Would make some decent items easier for people to get.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Still know? looks like most of the people on siege dont want that trammie crap. go to atlantic if you want to b able to use top notch gear and not worry about replacing it. that is what insurance is made for, the casual big ego'd pvper like yourself. :danceb:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still know? looks like most of the people on siege dont want that trammie crap. go to atlantic if you want to b able to use top notch gear and not worry about replacing it. that is what insurance is made for, the casual big ego'd pvper like yourself. :danceb:
Nice math there skip. Considering more than 70% are wanting them left on, says people do want this.

I really appreciate you're non-siege playing self trying to inflate the minority of people who don't want this. But your vote doesn't count.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have an active account and I play daily on Siege Perilous.
I have voted NO.

As planned, the ToT III will continue upto the Shadowlords' Final event,
then it will end. The Poll creator means well, but the hand writing is on the wall.

I rather see the developers revise any and all the monster drops everwhere.
I rather see the developers place random monster invasions, not just in the
cities. This should not be a Faction ploy, unless they be monsters allied to
the Factions, thus given open Silver drop events.

Also, I hope that the developers understand, that Factions should not be a
game with this game...remove the Stronghold barriers that prevent non-Faction
players characters entry...these barriers prevent interplay!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Status
Not open for further replies.