• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oh noes!!!

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...as Draconi casts Armageddon using the power of "Blackrock Cookies" courtesy Queen Mum.

Yes, that's right. Now we have the power to do as we please... Mwaha. MWAHAHAHA. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Mwahaahahaha. Just kidding, enjoy your Treasures of Tokuno :)

VAS KAL AN MANI IN CORP HUR TYM
(Hint: You'll need the above spellwords in upcoming events)

Thanks to Queen Mum for the reagents, and Mesanna for the robe

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Watch out for the BR cookie monster

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Queen, you are the Cookie Master. *hugs*

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we'll need it to kill something let me take this opportunity to slip in a request that casting Armageddon not be required.

A good example would be the ethereal-form shadowlords we saw in time-altered, Ethereal Void Moonglow (Voidglow?). Casting that spell helped, but you could kill them without the spell. Without using that spell, Galen managed to get I think it was 4 Cloaks of Corruption. Of course I left them behind on LS and they can do me no good now but you see the point...It was possible to slay the critter without using the spell and taking that extreme risk, it was just harder.

-Galen's player

L

Lord Drakelord

...as Draconi casts Armageddon using the power of "Blackrock Cookies" courtesy Queen Mum.

Yes, that's right. Now we have the power to do as we please... Mwaha. MWAHAHAHA. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Mwahaahahaha. Just kidding, enjoy your Treasures of Tokuno :)

Thanks to Queen Mum for the reagents, and Mesanna for the robe
*Goes to look for for more Queen Mum's cookies!* Sounds as if we need more of Mum's cookies then blackrock ;) Mum can I get a triple order please?!

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we'll need it to kill something let me take this opportunity to slip in a request that casting Armageddon not be required.

A good example would be the ethereal-form shadowlords we saw in time-altered, Ethereal Void Moonglow (Voidglow?). Casting that spell helped, but you could kill them without the spell. Without using that spell, Galen managed to get I think it was 4 Cloaks of Corruption. Of course I left them behind on LS and they can do me no good now but you see the point...It was possible to slay the critter without using the spell and taking that extreme risk, it was just harder.

-Galen's player
Ah.

In fact, this system has been revisited for the upcoming events. Instead of them doing massive damage, it does a good, but not unbalanced amount of initial damage, and then it no longer works.

The benefit, though, is that it lowers the "shield" around them, making them easier to attack with conventional abilities. Unlike the first round of ethereal Shadowlords, the new ones will have extraordinary defenses unless pierced with blackrock.

Did I slip too much?

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you Draconi for the tot3 event. Nice robe your wearing, but I don't to see headlines or hear on the news someday.
Man wearing a blue robe trimmed in gold walking the streets with a flame thrower, and a bag of black rocks. Um nevermind then again that would be to funny. :D

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah.

In fact, this system has been revisited for the upcoming events. Instead of them doing massive damage, it does a good, but not unbalanced amount of initial damage, and then it no longer works.

The benefit, though, is that it lowers the "shield" around them, making them easier to attack with conventional abilities. Unlike the first round of ethereal Shadowlords, the new ones will have extraordinary defenses unless pierced with blackrock.

Did I slip too much?
Woot!!, ive got my cookies, got the rock and the words and a sword......what am i missing?.....k, whiskey too!!

zared of napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love her cookies !!!! I need more for sunday ;)
The problem is i have the market cornered on cookies lol
I give her lots of blackrock and she feeds the addiction

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously, this is why the event team is bad. They leave almost nothing for the UO public to figure out - basically we have to go to X and kill Y who we found by reading article Z on UO.com/Stratics.

J

Jhym

Ahem, I will now be expecting delicious black rock cookies and pies to be available in game from blue-robed cooks.

:thumbsup:

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey I want a cookie :yell:

Glad I kept some of my blackrock it looks like I'm going to need it. :D

K

Katlene

so.. blackrock falling with the tot's isnt accidental then!
a distraction with benifits for what we're being distracted from :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mmm .... cookies...

*wanders off to count blackrock stores*

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

-Galen's player
Way to not break character there Galen...wouldn't want any levity in your life would we?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah.

Did I slip too much?
Nope.

Thank you for replying!

Damn, you all DID replay U5, didn't you.

Before I forget, what kind of cookies were they, really?

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Way to not break character there Galen...wouldn't want any levity in your life would we?
Umm....I got an answer, and it was a good question.

On a more personal note, my "all business," grim personality is my coping mechanism. Otherwise the site of some dude in a blue robe with gold trim brandishing a cookie would make me laugh, and look like a fool.

Nobody knows what it's like to be the bad man, to be the sad man, behind blue eyes.

I still want to know what kind of cookie it was.

-Galen's player

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I respect the response. Thanks for not being offended by my reply... :)

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It was possible to slay the critter without using the spell and taking that extreme risk, it was just harder.
Huh? There was no risk to casting Armageddon against the old Shadowlords. What are you talking about?

Seriously, this is why the event team is bad. They leave almost nothing for the UO public to figure out - basically we have to go to X and kill Y who we found by reading article Z on UO.com/Stratics.
Yes, I'm sure it'd've taken a good week for someone to figure out that Armageddon might be required against the new Shadowlords - same as the old ones. ;)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huh? There was no risk to casting Armageddon against the old Shadowlords. What are you talking about?
*chuckles*

Game mechanics: Some things may have game mechanics that aren't obvious. Andrew's card game, for example, and the choice you make during it, may yet have consequences we haven't seen yet. As might casting the most evil spell we know, using the world's most dangerous substance, in order to get a cloak. (Though of course technically it fills the robe equipment slot.)

RP: My character was simply not willing to use the most dangerous substance and the most evil spell he knows of in order to kill a monster and get a Cloak. (Though of course technically it fills the robe equipment slot.)

Under the circumstances Draconi described, to permanently kill the Shadowlords, he might do it.

Oh....Because I know you're a stickler for detail, to call them "old" and "new" Shadowlords is misleading. The ones we saw in the Ethereal Void were their ethereal forms, "echoes" of their true forms, left behind in the Void. The "real" ones are loose in Britannia proper as we speak. We can safely presume that it's those we'll be fighting. Not old and new per se, but different creatures that are related to one another.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're.....serious, aren't you.

Your characters lack the ability to read, to go over dusty tomes Buffy the Vampire-style and discover the weaknesses of creatures that others have written about?

You as a player, and your characters, lack the ability to think "hey, we have to get through this shielding.....What do I know that can cast a really big explosion, that might help."

The "secret" he's revealed would have taken all of 2 minutes for someone to try. And in an in-character sense, I'm willing to bet the Lycaeum has some book that would've hinted strongly at this.

I, for one, appreciate knowing this....It adds my ability to RP the event cycle. Sometimes when the characters have no information and have to experiment their way through everything they can look stupid, like they are trying things without much expectation that they can work. Like in a bad horror movie. "Maybe we can kill the monster with a mirror! What do you know, it worked!!"

-Galen's player

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Andrew's card game, for example, and the choice you make during it, may yet have consequences we haven't seen yet.
I hope so, personally I told him to go shove it - been wondering what the penalty on that one'll be. :p

As might casting the most evil spell we know, using the world's most dangerous substance, in order to get a cloak. (Though of course technically it fills the robe equipment slot.)
Assuming the fight against the Shadowlords is performed outside the void, this actually brings to mind a valid point - the spell was neutered somewhat inside.

(The fact that the rift version of Moonglow wasn't Britannia kinda mitigates the "evilness" of casting it there - all the natives were themselves quite evil, after all).

I hope the side effects in the "real world" aren't removed as well, because you're quite right - Armageddon is, at it's core, a genocidal spell. Not a single-target spell. To be honest I'd be more amused to see someone cast it correctly.

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

-Galen's player
Double chocolate fudge brownie cookies ... a couple dozen had special added ingredients; pop rocks, (hot) cinnamon bits, and a bursting liquid filled candy rock on top ... all batches had extra chunks of dark chocolate added in :p

*cookie hugs*

C

Connor_Graham

Double chocolate fudge brownie cookies ... a couple dozen had special added ingredients; pop rocks, (hot) cinnamon bits, and a bursting liquid filled candy rock on top ... all batches had extra chunks of dark chocolate added in :p

*cookie hugs*
*goes into catatonic state from chocolate allergy just from reading this*

:stretcher:

G

Gwendar-SP

Which one of our few remaining towns are you going to destroy this time?

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

-Galen's player

*cookie hugs*
OMG Only Mum could actually figure out a way to bake exploding cookies!:hahaha:
I can see where the cooks in game are going to be begging for exploding cookies now. I was begging for exploding cakes but that's definately original!
There's only one Queen Mum that's for sure!
*huggles Mum*

N

northwoodschopper

Draconi: "Mhhmm, yes! These cookies are VAS KAL AN MANI IN CORP HUR TYM-Delicio..uh oh" KABOOM

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess I am missing something here... so what use is blackrock now? and can itbe used the same as the blackrock from mining? I have tried casting armegeddon with it but nothing happens?