[UO Herald] Beta Update

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2009
Whew it looks like all of our T's are crossed and we have dotted our I's. We have sent out the first round of invitations!! We will have few rounds of invitations so if you didn't make it into this round there are plenty of opportunities to get into the beta. The email it will be sent from is "[email protected]"so be sure to check your spam folders.

More...

S

Sweeney

I remember a post saying that players CAN say they were accepted.. this is correct yet? (can't find the post).

C

Chrissay_

I remember a post saying that players CAN say they were accepted.. this is correct yet? (can't find the post).
In the beta test agreement you can say:

There is a Stygian Abyss Beta
I'm in the Stygian Abyss Beta

D

Dragonchilde

crap. Not in round one.

*crosses fingers for next round*

S

Sweeney

For those accepted, which shard will they be looking for?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

Can I "officially" say it yet Chrissay? or does it have to be the other version?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

There is a Stygian Abyss Focus Test
I'm in the Stygian Abyss Focus Test

Wow! Double the amount I could post before!

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 17, 2006
canada
guess i can do it now too lmao

There is a Stygian Abyss Focus Test
I'm in the Stygian Abyss Focus Test

D

Dragonchilde

For those accepted, which shard will they be looking for?
If it's the same as it was during the Samurai Empire beta (which I did) there will be a separate client/login server for the beta.

S

Sweeney

If it's the same as it was during the Samurai Empire beta (which I did) there will be a separate client/login server for the beta.
A little birdy said they were accepted but received no info on how to get or use the new client.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 25, 2008
Catskills.

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2004
There is a Stygian Abyss Beta.
I am NOT in the Stygian Abyss Beta.

All work and no beta makes Elric a dull boy.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 24, 2003
Baja!!
Like I said though, I have good reason for it.

And i'm getting more and more pissed every minute without a response. From Chrissay.

The poor dears probably in bed, it's late.

D

Dragonchilde

Like I said though, I have good reason for it.

And i'm getting more and more pissed every minute without a response. From Chrissay.
AS far as I'm aware, there are no guarantees. I don't see how anyone can be pissed they don't get invited into an invitation-only beta where no doubt thousands have applied, unless they were expecting some kind of favoritism, in which case, I would say that you still can't be pissed because you're on equal footing with everyone else in spite of imagined promises or favoritism.

S

Sweeney

*remembers how many people were upset about a non-secure application and how he signed up before all the publicity about the non-secure site..oh yeah, accepted!*

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Lake Superior
crysta-elf.deviantart.com
AS far as I'm aware, there are no guarantees. I don't see how anyone can be pissed they don't get invited into an invitation-only beta where no doubt thousands have applied, unless they were expecting some kind of favoritism, in which case, I would say that you still can't be pissed because you're on equal footing with everyone else in spite of imagined promises or favoritism.
Again, I have my reasons and I doubt i'm able to explain them any further. Nothing to do with "favoritism" or "imagined promises", either.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
I'm curious as to what those reasons are. But yeah, sucks that I'm not in it too :/

J

jelinidas

Again, I have my reasons and I doubt i'm able to explain them any further. Nothing to do with "favoritism" or "imagined promises", either.
So give it a rest. Play UO. You will get ur invite, just may take a couple days. We will all get in, just a matter of time. They can't have everyone downloading at once, right? Chillax :thumbsup:

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Lake Superior
crysta-elf.deviantart.com
It just bothered me because there were several things I had to put off doing while waiting for it. I've gotten a response elsewhere at least now and while i'm still upset, i'm at least calmer since I know the reasoning.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
So give it a rest. Play UO. You will get ur invite, just may take a couple days. We will all get in, just a matter of time. They can't have everyone downloading at once, right? Chillax :thumbsup:
For the sake of motivation, I told myself this the last 3 betas I applied for.

Didn't get into any of them. :/

G

guum

For the sake of motivation, I told myself this the last 3 betas I applied for.

Didn't get into any of them. :/
Well, it was said that there'd be an open beta, so I think it's a pretty good bet we're all going to see the client at least before release.

R

rob230sl

Im in the beta test. Downloading new client as we speak. It's quite a long download.
Looks like I'll have to wait till tomorrow to login....

First thing to do....create a gargoyle and take him for a fly about and explore.

S

Sweeney

Im in the beta test. Downloading new client as we speak. It's quite a long download.
Looks like I'll have to wait till tomorrow to login....

First thing to do....create a gargoyle and take him for a fly about and explore.
How does one download the new client?

R

rob230sl

How does one download the new client?
The email invitation also includes a link to the SA Forums site along with a code to create a new account. Once your account is created, login to the SA forums and check out the instructions and links there to download the new client.

S

Sweeney

The email invitation also includes a link to the SA Forums site along with a code to create a new account. Once your account is created, login to the SA forums and check out the instructions and links there to download the new client.
Got it.. 1% heh. Thank you for the not-so-condescending info.

S

Sweeney

The patcher says focus test, which totally confused my little birdy.

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I got in and my account hasn't been active in months.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
I got in and my account hasn't been active in months.
That's ridiculous. Were they even looking at the content of applications or just random selection?

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
It just bothered me because there were several things I had to put off doing while waiting for it. I've gotten a response elsewhere at least now and while i'm still upset, i'm at least calmer since I know the reasoning.
Trust me your not the only one tonight in a state of unease and anticipation. I think we all have put a lot aside to possibly partake in beta.
You will get in and have a blast helping with the tedious task of fixing broken things and insuring that the quality of the game is up to the standards of us all, I am sure of it! Well at least I think that is your motivation.

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I'm guessing random. My account was last active in Dec 08.

F

Foolio the Bard

That's just stupid...
Is it? Now he is probably going to re-activate to play the beta. Right?

Imagine hundreds or thousands of non-active accounts being invited... cha-ching!