• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Moreover, the plant of a new color grew.

T

Teeshy

Oh! They are VERY blue, aren't they?

How were those ones made?

I'll try and get onto test later today and play a bit with seeds also =)

F

Flora Green

I'm going to play on TC1, too. I love these "features". :p

E

Erica3

How to make.

Flowery Cactus x Flowery Cactus = Spider Tree
Spider Tree x Flowery Cactus = ( Hops
Spider Tree x ( Hops = ) Hops

Enjoy yourself.

F

Flora Green

I tried crossing those plants multiple times on TC1 and couldn't reproduce the results. :(

E

Erica3

1. Push down Bogling or BogThing and get the seed of coloring( Blue,Red,andYellow).
2. Grow Only Flowery Cactus.
(It becomes the name referred to as using Poppies Dust with "Cactus".)
3.It is made to grow up until a seed is made.
4.The extracted seed is grown up.
5.It is made to cross with the first Flowery Cactus.
6.The seed of colored Spider Tree is made.

It cannot do at this process, either?
Where does it fail?
http://f27.aaa.livedoor.jp/~fullmoon/image/uoss/uoss.html#newcolor2

Attachments

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this just on TC or does this happen on regular shards too?

Normally I don't like the funky colors. But some of this look pretty good, imo.

D

Deb

Ohhh, I hope this bug makes it to regular shards. I love the color blue for
my deco
and those hops look great :)

F

Flora Green

I collected a bunch of bogling seeds during lunch on Origin. Only received one cactus, but lots of other seeds. Century plant, rushes, ferns, etc., good for completing the few I am short on. Tonight I am going to farm more in hopes of getting additional cactus seeds and will plant in fertile dirt.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
holy cow, I'm confused :eek: I thought the flowery cactus came from tsuki wolves, titans and dryads? how are we getting flowery cactus from boglings?

F

Flora Green

That's why I wasn't getting it to work on TC, DevilsOwn. I was using the seeds in the bank and off of the appropriate monsters. Imagine my surprise when I was id'ing bogling seeds on a real shard and found not only the new cactus (thanks again Erica), but rushes and century plant. I don't know what's going on, but I hope it doesn't get fixed for a publish or two. (or ever) :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
been killin' boglings and bog things (to make more boglings!) since I posted...... hehehe!! what fun!

D

Dragonchilde

holy cow, I'm confused :eek: I thought the flowery cactus came from tsuki wolves, titans and dryads? how are we getting flowery cactus from boglings?
That's where I got mine. I've never fought any of the above, and got all my regular, non-peculiar/fragrant seeds from boglings.

E

Erica3

This happens also regular shards.
It only tried on TC1 in order to do efficiently by regular shards.

flowery cactus which can be taken from tsuki wolves, titans and dryads,It is only Plane.
Then, crossing is impossible.

flowery cactus which can be taken from boglings and bog things,It is the seed of coloring.

This contributed before.
It means that the cactus is still out of order.
When a seed does not come out easily,
Please carry out the following crossing.
The seed of flowery cactus could sometimes be found.

TribarrelCactus x TribarrelCactus
PearCactus x PearCactus
BarrelCactus x BarrelCactus

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Erica, are the flowery cactus seeds a rare drop from boglings?

Also:
Coloured seeds from boglings can be identified using poppy dust.
Plain seeeds from boglings use a charge of poppy dust but are not identified.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah, noticed that about the identification too..... kinda odd, but I'm planting those plain ones also just to see why they don't identify

I think, if I'm understanding it right, it's only the colored seeds, which may be flowery cactus, that we need for this anyway

F

Flora Green

Also:
Coloured seeds from boglings can be identified using poppy dust.
Plain seeeds from boglings use a charge of poppy dust but are not identified.
I made post about that some time ago, but received no response and obviously it isn't fixed.

E

Erica3

When the seed of a cactus appears, the old 17 plant and flowery cactus may come out at random.

This law.
When Bogling is pushed down, flowery cactus may come out by the probability of 1/(3x18).
If cactuses are made to cross, flowery cactus may come out by the probability of 1/18.

Although a name comes out and there is not Plain seeeds, even if it identifies,
A name is known, when it plants in Plant Bowl after identifying.
And if it takes out from Plant Bowl, the name is attached also to the seed.

D

Deb

I am thinking they are really rare or just on Origin and TC. Between a
friend and I we have collected almost 250 colored seeds and not one
cactus. Did get a barrel cactus and that is it so far. This is on Napa.

E

Erica3

It works hard because it goes out some time if seeds other than ChanpionFlowers, Fern, and TribarrelCactus appear.
It goes out at least in Asuka and Sakura.

D

Dragonchilde

No, the flowery cactus seeds are on Chesapeake, too. I've never bought any seeds, have only collected my own from boglings, and have a number of flowery cacti growing in my house.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get a flowery cactus to grow from plain seeds but you just can't id them beforehand. I have 5 out of maybe 350 seeds gathered

D

Deb

Finally got 3 colored "Cactus" Seeds out of 400 seeds. But, dang
I sure have a ton of fern seeds :eek:

The seeds are definitely hard to come by for sure. Hope Sak doesnt fix this
anytime soon. :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ohmighosh I gotta plant more :wall:

Deb, are ya crossing silly stuff just to see...?

Aislin*SP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been out of the loop for a while, and hoping someone can tell me - where does the Poppy Dust come from?

Thank you!

D

Deb

ohmighosh I gotta plant more :wall:

Deb, are ya crossing silly stuff just to see...?
Once I get a few more I am going to try crossing with various flowering
plants...i.e. campions poppies etc. I am now up to 5 out of 475 lolololol.

Poppies dust comes from the new peculiar poppy plants.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although a name comes out and there is not Plain seeeds, even if it identifies,
A name is known, when it plants in Plant Bowl after identifying.
And if it takes out from Plant Bowl, the name is attached also to the seed.
Oh wow, thats cool. I never would have thought to planting the plain seed then dumping it out of the bowl so it could be identified.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try the dust on the plain seeds from boglings and bog things. It's bugged.
Further up in this topic, I asked Erica about this.
She says that you can use poppy dust on a plain seed, and it will be identified even if a name is not shown.
If you plant the seed in a bowl of earth and then empty it (bottom right hand icon on the main menu gump) the seed will show its name.

N

Nyte Doombringer

Hmm Ok i am totally confused. Is this the purple flowering cactus I have seen around on some plant vendors and if so you get them from bogglings?
Also how do you get the diff bonsi trees , i have seen them in blue, red, gold ect?

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm Ok i am totally confused. Is this the purple flowering cactus I have seen around on some plant vendors
Yes
and if so you get them from bogglings?
It appears so, but they are rare. (Erica says they are 1/18*3). If you use the poppy dust on coloured bogling seeds you occasionally get "a cactus" (NOT a tribarrel cactus or a barrel cactus) which is a coloured flowering cactus that can be cross-pollinated and will give seeds.
Also how do you get the diff bonsi trees , i have seen them in blue, red, gold ect?
Apparently the bonsai trees were the result of cross-pollinating one of these rare flowering cactus.

D

Dragonchilde

Yes

It appears so, but they are rare. (Erica says they are 1/18*17). If you use the poppy dust on coloured bogling seeds you occasionally get "a cactus" (NOT a tribarrel cactus or a barrel cactus) which is a coloured flowering cactus that can be cross-pollinated and will give seeds.

Apparently the bonsai trees were the result of cross-pollinating one of these rare flowering cactus.
Yes, they are, and still do this. :)

N

Nyte Doombringer

Thanks for the info. Will be in the swamps killing bogglings, LOL

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I had good luck, on Baja I spent about an hour on this and got 5 colored "cactus" seeds, 2 blue, 2 red and 1 yellow. Today I'm going to go hunt down tok monsters for bonsai seeds to make plants to cross to (I did a little yesterday). So far it seems:

Common - deathwatch beetles
Uncommon - deathwatch beetles
Rare - ??
Exceptional - bake kitsune
Exotic - Rune beetles

I tried fan dancers for rare, I vaguely recall them dropping those, but a dozen or so fan dancers didn't yield any. Anyone got any ideas?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yah, I gave up for now. Just going to be happy with what I have and work on it a bit more later. Thank you! :)

F

Flora Green

Nice score on the cactus seeds, Sarsmi. I need to go hunting for more.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I have 1 of each of the colored flowery cacti and the plain kind. Should i let them just self pollinate themselves and then grow new plants that i can cross pollinate for new colors? Or should i x pollinate now for new colored seeds?

Will the old plants even after x pollination have the colored trait they currently have or does the pollen coming from them change because they got x pollinated?

D

Deb

Ok, I have 1 of each of the colored flowery cacti and the plain kind. Should i let them just self pollinate themselves and then grow new plants that i can cross pollinate for new colors? Or should i x pollinate now for new colored seeds?

Will the old plants even after x pollination have the colored trait they currently have or does the pollen coming from them change because they got x pollinated?
I was wondering the same thing..I have one of each color except for 2 red
and 2 blue. I sure hope Sak is on vacaton and doesnt know about this
neat little bug or maybe it is intended. A nice easter egg for us gardeners.
:):)

By the way it took over 700 hundred seeds to get these. :eek:

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sounds like you self polinate then grow that seed, then cross it with the original plant. I think...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This contributed before.
It means that the cactus is still out of order.
When a seed does not come out easily,
Please carry out the following crossing.
The seed of flowery cactus could sometimes be found.

TribarrelCactus x TribarrelCactus
PearCactus x PearCactus
BarrelCactus x BarrelCactus
and according to this part, if you have the other type of cactus, crossing like types may produce the flowery cactus

it's all so confusing, I'm half tempted to just put them in stasis til someone else figures it out ;)

none of my plants have matured yet, and I ran out of poppies dust, so most of them are not even identified, and of the ID'd ones only one yellow cactus.... maybe I'll collect more seeds today

*sigh*

E

Erica3

Going to TC1 if it hesitates how to crossing is good.
There is as much as one hour, it tries variously, and it becomes help of shard of the main.

When the origin disappears, trying is good because there are the following laws, too though it forgot whether to have written.
Spider Tree x Spider Tree = Flowery Cactus

By the way, though it consists here of TC1
Does not it become misbehavior only by having it this time?

http://f27.aaa.livedoor.jp/~fullmoon/image/uoss/uoss.html#newcolor3

To begin with, cannot this BUG be mended?
Or, is not it had a mind to mend?

I think that it is assumed seeming straight and it has gone mad fast.
It seems to complete a colorful hedge among those.

Attachments

N

Nyte Doombringer

Ok so I got a cactus seed. i plant that and when it grows a cactus, i cross it with something else, whatever i want? to see what i get basically. Geez this is confusing. lol

T

Teeshy

Those spider trees look like gaint multi-coloured lollipops! =D

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Push down Bogling or BogThing and get the seed of coloring( Blue,Red,andYellow).

I'm pretty much a nitwit at x-breeding, and this part has me confused.... if a plant is grown to the point of producing seeds I thought it could then not be pollinated nor produce pollen... how is the crossing of the baby plant and the mother completed, or would it be correct to cross two of the baby plants? would that produce the same results?

also, while I'm at it, is there a way to speed the process of plant growth on test center? I could just go there and try it before I mess up my cactus plants :eek:

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm pretty much a nitwit at x-breeding, and this part has me confused.... if a plant is grown to the point of producing seeds I thought it could then not be pollinated nor produce pollen... how is the crossing of the baby plant and the mother completed, or would it be correct to cross two of the baby plants? would that produce the same results?

also, while I'm at it, is there a way to speed the process of plant growth on test center? I could just go there and try it before I mess up my cactus plants :eek:
Not sure yet about the crossing on production shard, waiting for bright red spider tree to get to stage 7. That was the result of crossing a leftover stage nine father red cactus with a stage 7 red cactus. It should work between two stage 7 colored cacti also. For TC1, make sure seeded plant bowls are locked down in house, and say "grow_plant". Command won't work on plants in pack, just ALL locked down plants nearby! Make sure you have them all watered, potioned before issuing the command for a cute response.