• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Moreover, the plant of a new color grew.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty much a nitwit at x-breeding, and this part has me confused.... if a plant is grown to the point of producing seeds I thought it could then not be pollinated nor produce pollen... how is the crossing of the baby plant and the mother completed, or would it be correct to cross two of the baby plants? would that produce the same results?

also, while I'm at it, is there a way to speed the process of plant growth on test center? I could just go there and try it before I mess up my cactus plants :eek:
Even after a plant can no longer be pollinated itself (because it was itself, pollinated), it can still pollinate others.

D

Deb

I noticed something odd today...my yellow flower cactus showed a green
seed color..and when I crossed my blue to it, the seed color now
shows bright green.

Can't wait till a seed is available to plant and see what grows. Going
to be a long 8 days.:)

S

Shantia

Anyone know if we will still be able to make the bonsi's with these babies? I missed the whole bonsi thing being out of town (cries) hoping we'll still be able to make colorful bonsi's..never been impressed with the default bonsi. Oh and can someone post as soon as they know if letting the flowery cacti self polinate will produce more flower cacti?

Thanks!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
collected my first experiments today, all seeds from boglings

blue century x blue century = bright blue century
blue ponytail palm x blue ponytail palm = bright blue ponytail palm
red fern x red fern = bright red fern
red fern x red campions = bright red lillies
red small palm x red small palm = bright red small palm
red flowery cactus x red flowery cactus = bright red spider tree

so really no surprises yet, right? but then.........

yellow flowery cactus x yellow barrel cactus = bright yellow bonsai seed

and perhaps the most confusing

yellow prickly pear cactus x yellow prickly pear cactus = bright yellow campion flowers??

perhaps this bright yellow campion will be of a different bright yellow than normal? the suspense is killin' me here....... and I decided not to go to test and try all this out cause if they turn out to be really special it would make waiting on Legends all that much harder :D

T

Teeshy

I got my first seeds today too

Crossed a red barrel cactus with a blue one (and vice versa) and got purple water plant, and purple bullrushes.

Interesting!

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spellbound, yer linkys both take me to Rico's keep deco thread? :confused:

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the last few days i have tried to get mutant white bonsai...i havent been able to in over 100 plants. Has this part been fixed? Can anyone give me hope that there is still a possibility? I havent gotten a black either.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the last few days i have tried to get mutant white bonsai...i havent been able to in over 100 plants. Has this part been fixed? Can anyone give me hope that there is still a possibility? I havent gotten a black either.
Still should be possible, but odds for a black or white offspring are slim, maybe 1 in 200 to 400 crossings for me. Offer blessings to the RNG Goddess or God.
Flowery Cactus X
Pampas Grass = Common Bonsai (Pine)
Rushes = Common Bonsai (Pine)
Elephant Ear = Uncommon Bonsai (Pine)
Fern = Uncommon Bonsai (Pine)
Ponytail Palm = Rare Bonsai (Pine)
Small Palm = Rere Bonsai (Pine)
Century Plant = Common Bonsai (Plum)
Water Plant = Commmon Bonsai (Plum)
Snake = Uncommon Bonsai (Plum)
Pear Cactus = Uncommon Bonsai (Plum)
Barrel Cactus = Rare Bonsai (Plum)
Tribarrel Cactus = Rare Bonsai (Plum)

E

Erica3

and ...

Spider Tree X
Pear Cactus = Exceptional Bonsai
Barrel Cactus = Exceptional Bonsai
Tribarrel Cactus = Exotic Bonsai
Flowery Cactus = ( Hop
Spider Tree = Flowery Cactus
( Hop = ) Hop

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whew... :)

Thanks much. Still 200 - 400 to 1 is still better than 0 for me.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am now thoroughly befuddled :D

I took one daddy red flowery cactus and pollinated a red, blue and yellow campions flower and got:

red campion = bright red pampas
blue campion = purple cactus (it does not say type, so assuming it will be flowery)
yellow campion = orange ponytail palm

from the same daddy flowery red cactus, the following blue plants produced purple bonsai seed:

rushes
elephant ear
snake
fern

don't know which type of bonsai they are, just harvested the seeds today

D

Deb

:D Me thinks the our gardening code is way messed up BUT in a good
way. This reminds me of when gardening first came out and we were
all trying to figure out what cross breeds made what. I personally am
thrilled with this new "Change" and have finally given up on keeping track.

I now just cross what ever happens to pop just to see what will grow.
Although I desperately can not wait till my poppies produce more dust. I
really do not want zillions of ferns growing:coco::coco: and that is defintiely
what I have gotten the most of off of boglings.

K

KeeliaUo

OK...do I understand this right...

I go to the swamp and kill boglings...get their seeds...ID them with the poppy polen stuff and hope for a flowering cactus?

The I cross the flowering cactus with....itself first to get more seeds of the same type?

I'm old...explain like I was a 5 year old, lol

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, pretty much so.

A flowering cactus is called just "cactus" rather than "barrel cactus" or "tribarrel cactus".

You can use the pollen from the flowering cactus on other plants, and also allow it to self pollinate.

Then you can plant the seeds from the self pollinated flowery cactus to grow new flowery cactus and crross pollinate them to get a spider tree, as I understand it. I have not got that far yet.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep, you got it... and let that first flowery pollinate itself to produce more floweries to play with, saves ya the hassle of collecting all those bogling seeds to find more

and I'd like to request that anything you find from crossing the floweries with any other type plant be reported here.. there's an awful lot of head scratching going on around here since more than a few crossings are clearly not making any sense

S

Shantia

Has anyone crossed a bonsi yet to see what happens there? Will bonsi to bonsi make more bonsi's, and what will a bonsi to a legacy create i wonder...more peculiar plants maybe? oooo i hope so! I'm about 2-3 weeks away from getting that far, have tons of plants producing bonsi's so far, one producing spider tree's and just waiting for more flowery cactus to drop to try and get one of every color in the spider..Sure hope i can get to the hops, i want orange and black hops for halloween =D

T

Teeshy

BTW crossing plain coloured plants still seems to be working ok - I think maybe the seeds were got before this latest patch, dunno if that makes any difference

I need to grow 20 dark green campions - will be interesting to see what crossing a dark blue and a dark yellow produces in a few days ;)

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone crossed a bonsi yet to see what happens there? Will bonsi to bonsi make more bonsi's, and what will a bonsi to a legacy create i wonder...more peculiar plants maybe? oooo i hope so! I'm about 2-3 weeks away from getting that far, have tons of plants producing bonsi's so far, one producing spider tree's and just waiting for more flowery cactus to drop to try and get one of every color in the spider..Sure hope i can get to the hops, i want orange and black hops for halloween =D
Anything X Bonsai = Rushes

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW crossing plain coloured plants still seems to be working ok - I think maybe the seeds were got before this latest patch, dunno if that makes any difference

I need to grow 20 dark green campions - will be interesting to see what crossing a dark blue and a dark yellow produces in a few days ;)

ohhhh Teeshy, I wish you were on Legends, I have to toss a whole bag of those seeds out pretty quick.... used to grow them to make hedges :(

T

Teeshy

Oh bummer dude!

Fortunately the person that ordered them said there is no rush whatsoever, so if the crossings go whacked, I have time to keep trying!

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no coding for bonsai crossing, so when a bonsai is crossed it acts like rushes. The bonsai themselves when allowed to self polinate will make more colored bonsai seeds though. Sadly crossing 2 blue bonsai together only gave me bright blue rushes. :(

S

Shantia

There is no coding for bonsai crossing, so when a bonsai is crossed it acts like rushes. The bonsai themselves when allowed to self polinate will make more colored bonsai seeds though. Sadly crossing 2 blue bonsai together only gave me bright blue rushes. :(
Ugh that's a shame. Guess i'll have to farm a LOT of legacy plants then if i'm gonna have a chance of getting my purdy white bonsai (doh just realized i've been misspelling this, ack!)
mmm does a flowery and a bonsai create rushes also?

GROW FASTER...er..wait i'm not in uo my plants cant hear me.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
most likely it does, Shantia, but yesterday I crossed a yellow flowery with a bright yellow bonsai just to make sure ;)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm completely at a loss here.... just checked crossings done with yellow flowery cactus

crossings done on the same day, same area of house (I have them locked down) and two of the plants were bogling seed yellow campions.... from one campion I got bright yellow campion and from the other bright yellow small palm

I'm very careful with these crossings, cause I'm looking for some pattern, but this is totally confusing :D combining this with the other campion results (crossed with a red flowery) each campion has produced a different plant when crossed with the flowery cactus

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know the dev's are sitting here laughing at us, but this is fun!!!

It's starting to look like the RNG roll of the dice.

E

Erica3

Myself who wants to crossing : without seeing.

Flowery Cactus x Campion Flowers = Pear Cactus (random to the law of the cactus)
Flowery Cactus x Poppies = Barrel Cactus (random to the law of the cactus)
Flowery Cactus x Snowdrops = Barrel Cactus (random to the law of the cactus)
Flowery Cactus x Bulrushes = Tribarrel Cactus (random to the law of the cactus)
Flowery Cactus x Lilies = Tribarrel Cactus (random to the law of the cactus)
Flowery Cactus x Pampus = Common (pine)
Flowery Cactus x Rushes = Common (pine)
Flowery Cactus x Elephant Ear = Uncommon (pine)
Flowery Cactus x Fern = Uncommon (pine)
Flowery Cactus x Ponytail = Rare (pine)
Flowery Cactus x Small Palm = Rare (pine)
Flowery Cactus x Century = Common (plum)
Flowery Cactus x Water Plant = Common (plum)
Flowery Cactus x Snake = Uncommon (plum)
Flowery Cactus x Pear Cactus = Uncommon (plum)
Flowery Cactus x Barrel Cactus = Rare (plum)
Flowery Cactus x Tribarrel Cactus = Rare (plum)
Flowery Cactus x Flowery Cactus = Spider Tree
Flowery Cactus x ( Hop = ( Hop & Spider Tree
Flowery Cactus x ) Hop = ( Hop
Flowery Cactus x Spider Tree = ( Hop

Spider Tree x Campion Flowers = Tribarrel Cactus (random to the law of the cactus)
Spider Tree x Poppies = Tribarrel Cactus (random to the law of the cactus)
Spider Tree x Snowdrops = Common (pine)
Spider Tree x Bulrushes = Common (pine)
Spider Tree x Lilies = Uncommon (pine)
Spider Tree x Pampus = Uncommon (pine)
Spider Tree x Rushes = Rare (pine)
Spider Tree x Elephant Ear = Rare (pine)
Spider Tree x Fern = Common (plum)
Spider Tree x Ponytail = Common (plum)
Spider Tree x Small Palm = Uncommon (plum)
Spider Tree x Century = Uncommon (plum)
Spider Tree x Water Plant = Rare (plum)
Spider Tree x Snake = Rare (plum)
Spider Tree x Pear Cactus = Exceptional
Spider Tree x Barrel Cactus = Exceptional
Spider Tree x Tribarrel Cactus = Exotic
Spider Tree x Flowery Cactus = ( Hop
Spider Tree x ( Hop = ) Hop
Spider Tree x ) Hop = ) Hop & Flowery Cactus
Spider Tree x Spider Tree = Flowery Cactus

( Hop x Campion Flowers = Barrel Cactus (random to the law of the cactus)
( Hop x Poppies =Barrel Cactus (random to the law of the cactus)
( Hop x Snowdrops = Tribarrel Cactus (random to the law of the cactus)
( Hop x Bulrushes = Tribarrel Cactus (random to the law of the cactus)
( Hop x Lilies = Common (pine)
( Hop x Pampus = Common (pine)
( Hop x Rushes = Uncommon (pine)
( Hop x Elephant Ear = Uncommon (pine)
( Hop x Fern = Rare (pine)
( Hop x Ponytail = Rare (pine)
( Hop x Small Palm = Common (plum)
( Hop x Century = Common (plum)
( Hop x Water Plant = Uncommon (plum)
( Hop x Snake = Uncommon (plum)
( Hop x Pear Cactus = Rare (plum)
( Hop x Barrel Cactus = Rare (plum)
( Hop x Tribarrel Cactus = Exceptional
( Hop x Flowery Cactus = ( Hop & Spider Tree
( Hop x ( Hop = ( Hop
( Hop x ) Hop = ( Hop & ) Hop
( Hop x Spider Tree = ) Hop

) Hop x Campion Flowers = Barrel Cactus (random to the law of the cactus)
) Hop x Poppies =Tribarrel Cactus (random to the law of the cactus)
) Hop x Snowdrops = Tribarrel Cactus (random to the law of the cactus)
) Hop x Bulrushes = Common (pine)
) Hop x Lilies = Common (pine)
) Hop x Pampus = Uncommon (pine)
) Hop x Rushes = Uncommon (pine)
) Hop x Elephant Ear = Rare (pine)
) Hop x Fern = Rare (pine)
) Hop x Ponytail = Common (plum)
) Hop x Small Palm = Common (plum)
) Hop x Century = Uncommon (plum)
) Hop x Water Plant = Uncommon (plum)
) Hop x Snake = Rare (plum)
) Hop x Pear Cactus = Rare (plum)
) Hop x Barrel Cactus = Exceptional
) Hop x Tribarrel Cactus = Exceptional
) Hop x Flowery Cactus = ( Hop
) Hop x ( Hop = ( Hop & ) Hop
) Hop x ) Hop = ) Hop
) Hop x Spider Tree = ) Hop & Flowery Cactus

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do certain Hop and Spider Tree plants produce seeds? I'm assuming these arent peculiar ones...

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The hop and spider plants that produce seeds are not the ones grown from peculiar seeds dropped by monsters. The seed producing plants are produced by crossings from "cactus" seeds dropped by boglings, which can be coloured. (In fact I have not found any uncoloured "cactus" seeds, but that certainly doesn't mean they don't exist.) Erica has done some amazing research on these crosssings.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes she has.

Thank you Erica for your hard work in producing these and also for sharing with the world. we are very grateful.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
absolutely!!! left to my own devices I would have kept crossing what I had forever! :p thank you very, very much Erica3!!

F

Flora Green

Finally got around to identifying today. I have several green and purple bonsai on the way. Bright blue bonsai and bright blue spider trees, also.

L

Lady Tala

just curious this definatly still works? i would really love to grow plants with new colors and colored bonsai trees. Should i set out and kill a ton of boglings trying to get "cactus seeds" i'm a tad confused by this whole process...

L

Lady Tala

i'm hurrying but the only thing i can't find after spending the whole day in the swamp is a yellow cactus seed. If anyone on catskills would like to sell me one or trade for one I would appreciate it greatly.

D

Deb

Yes she has.

Thank you Erica for your hard work in producing these and also for sharing with the world. we are very grateful.
I agree also...thank you so much Erica for all your time and effort yo have
put into this for us gardeners.

Prays that Sak hasn't popped into this thread. :)

E

Erica3

To become help of crossing, the crossing table was made with the Excel file(2002).
Only the crossing table corresponds to both English Japanese though the content of this page is almost Japanese.
It takes home, it uses, and it doesn't care.
Please teach if different though it must be suitable.

here

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes Thanks so much Erica and everyone else thats answered questions.

I thought Sak said that she didnt think they would fix this because everyone loved it so much. I could be wrong.

A

Alyssa of ATL

Wow... years ago, I was on the cutting edge of gardening. Not anymore :)

Okay, so to confirm (probably for the 100th time), the cactus seeds are seeds that now drop from Boglings, in addition to the original Bogling seeds?

Thanks!!

T

Teeshy

To become help of crossing, the crossing table was made with the Excel file(2002).
Only the crossing table corresponds to both English Japanese though the content of this page is almost Japanese.
It takes home, it uses, and it doesn't care.
Please teach if different though it must be suitable.

here
Thanks so much for that Erica! It works really well =)

And thankyou for doing all the hard work, and letting us know =)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow... years ago, I was on the cutting edge of gardening. Not anymore :)

Okay, so to confirm (probably for the 100th time), the cactus seeds are seeds that now drop from Boglings, in addition to the original Bogling seeds?

Thanks!!
Right, when you identify the colored seeds (toss the plain) from the boglings, keep only the "cactus" ones. You'll get tri-barreled and rushes and all that other stuff that you aren't supposed to get from them, so it's rare to get a cactus seed. Just keep at it untill you get at least 1 yellow, 1 blue and 1 red cactus seed. Then grow them and let them self polinate and you will end up with 8 seeds of each. You can keep the parents for crossing with growing colored plants, and some of these crossings will net colored bonsai. The 8 seeds you got each from the cactus should grow up just like the parent, so really you don't need to visit the boglings anymore as long as you're careful and don't use up all your seeds or have any plant death accidents etc.

Here's the post about what to cross to get what:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1216745&postcount=81

You can get mutant bonsai by doing a lot of crosses just like any other plant. I don't know if these produce seeds, probably not hehe.

And thank you Erica! This is awesome information!

L

Lady Tala

i've looked at the chart for crossing these and my only question is, is there a way to get the bright colors? cause it is looking to me like crossing to get to the bright colors is just gonna end up giving me a spider tree. if i'm wrong could someone please explain to me what i am missing?

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hunted boglings and got 2 of each color of cactus red blue and yellow. I set 1 each as my parent plants and let them self polinate to grow more cactus, and I crossed each one to the second set so i have bright red blue and yellow spider trees growing.

At the same time I also crossed the red blue and yellow parents to lots of other plants. Red yellow and blue of tribarrel cactus, barrel cactus, rushes, snake plants, just about everything on the list above. When I crossed my red cactus to a red plant it gave me bright red bonsai seeds, same with blue and yellow, when i crossed the red cactus to a blue plant, I got a purple bonsai plant. I'm working now on making bright purple, green and orange bonsai, but that's a couple of weeks away.

Lady Devil's own got a purple cactus by crossing a red cactus to a blue campions, but those are unpredictable, but I did cross a red cactus to a bright yellow campion and the gump shows white seeds. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I was hoping to get some white bonsai but that hasn't happened so far.

When my spider trees grow up, I will cross them with my parent cactus to make colored hops.

This is so much fun, I definately can relate to not wanting to do anything but stare at my plant bowls and wish they'd grow faster.

E

Erica3

Thank you for a lot of thanks.
Everyone was able to enjoy and it was good.

Lady Tala
Blue Flowery Cuctus x Blue Flowery Cuctus = Bright Flowery Spider Tree
When the same color is crossed, it becomes a bright color.