• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Bank Renovation Contest Update

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I've searched the forums, but I can't seem to locate the bank image that was floating around.

Does anyone have that? I'd like to give this a try. :)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
runes can teleport, or just look pretty/be a source of light.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I've searched the forums, but I can't seem to locate the bank image that was floating around.

The topic with it in has been removed from public view because of the competition being re-opened.

M

Millie

This is what I used, you may have to resizing them. Since I did mine in paint. I found if I doubled the size of the whole bank top, the pictures of inside uo fit nicely. When I was done I just re sized it back to something that was acceptable. Sorry for the flub on the inside bottom of the bank picture. I had pasted over it to make it look right but forgot to save the fix to the original I used. It's the best I have and your welcome to use it.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/Ginzilla/feb53336.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/Ginzilla/9d83bb05.jpg

Joanne_Mythic

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just sent my updated one in. Uh question, i forgot to mention something in my description. Is it ok to send a reply with what i forgot?
Sure you can resend it, if there are no changes to the image then you can just send in your additions to the description. :)

G

Ghost71

Sure you can resend it, if there are no changes to the image then you can just send in your additions to the description. :)
Ok thanks. Just one little thing i forgot, then i noticed after i sent it a couple things wasn't lined up with each other like i wanted. Thought they'd probably know that, and i sent another link to my outside bank pic. I've been trying to first link here this morning and it hasn't been loading for me, but the inside pic link was still working. So i just sent a reply to my first email i sent in.

M

Millie

Your Welcome. I have now gone back and fixed the bottom of the one picture . Good luck :)

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to bug in again, but I'm not quite clear on the 'second roofing' rule on the bank coz stalls are allowed on the roofs, so would let say gypsy tents be considered as second roofing building?

Thanks for any replies.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can put tent walls up there (I hope lol), but no tent roofs. I think the rule is basically no roof to anything you decorate with on either floor.

So just pretend that you are designing the roof floor of your house in game.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure, but you get full benefit from an arcane circle and pentagrams in player houses, but if you see a pentagram elsewhere, like a dungeon or champ spawn, then it penalizes -1 to the focus gem strength.
I'm hoping the bank would give full benefits if it's any version. I find myself not being able to find people to focus with many many times. Having one at Britain bank will surely help everyone.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just a friendly push to remind everyone that deadline is tonite :D

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many hrs is that from now? Sorry I live in asia, kinda anxious bout the timing :p heh.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so you're not sleeping again, is that right? :D

I'll give you just ten more hours to get your entry in, that's allowing some safe time

GO!!!

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, Yes ma'am!:D

and thanks for the notice :)

*skitters back to her photoimpact screen...*

G

GhostGL

I got mine sent in already. Last time i sent in like 4 of em, i'd add something/change something and send it again. But just sent the one in this time, i did more with it then my last one.

Yeah i was Ghost71 i finally got my old username back!

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably a good thing to just send one - I don't think multiple entries are permitted, and they could penalize you by not accepting any of them ;)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I remember right, you can submit as many as you want...

Just only one submission per email however.

G

GhostGL

If I remember right, you can submit as many as you want...

Just only one submission per email however.
Yeah that's what i did, just sent em and used different email. So we all gonna post our bank pics after we know the contest is over? Maybe for good this time :)

S

Sweety

I thought contest was over last night because isn't 12 am tonight technically Feb. 2nd?

M

Millie

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Enter as often as you wish, but only one submission per e-mail.[/FONT]
I took this as meaning you could turn in 20 entries if you wanted, but to send only 1 outside and 1 inside picture per e- mail. I know personally for me it would be easier to know what two were meant to go together that way. Also notice it says one per e- mail not 1 per e-mail address.

M

Millie

Isn't midnight (12:00am) Still Sunday Feb. 1st
And @ 12:01 am Monday it becomes Feb. 2?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sent mine in. I'll post a picture of the changes after midnight hits, and i'd like it if whoever is reviewing contest submissions could say if mine arrived properly or not... I for sure sent it in and if it doesn't get there (either for the first time or again), I expect it to be properly placed into the running since I followed the rules. >.>

M

Millie

I hope there is not E-mail snafus this time . It stressed me more waiting to see if my e-mail server was going to send the pictures then it was making them. lol Win or lose I had a ball with this contest and I'd like to wish you all the best of luck.

S

Stupid Miner

Oh you got your design fixed? good to know, there was alot to fix, and i really liked your design. :)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really "a lot"... I saved the original as a layered .PSD file.. simple matter of erasing the parts I had to and adding new stuff in. :p

Plus I said if there was anything they wouldn't accept they could edit it out, because heck if I know what the actual rules are anymore. :\

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, even with the time extension, chronic pain issues prevented me from getting an entry ready...just couldn't get in the groove, I guess.

Thanks for posting the screenies, Millie. I did have some fun trying a couple of times, even if I wasn't able to complete anything, hehe.

I can't wait to see what all of you have created...I am sure every entry is going to be fun to see! Good luck to everyone! :)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a good time doing this! I spent most of friday on it, I had to finish before the weekend since I had plans this weekend and didn't want to spend the time I had on sunday trying to rush to finish. It was actually quite easy in paint, since you can do the transparency thing which removes all completely white pixels. This only messes up some of the graphics, just a bit, and really isn't a big deal. I think I ended up filling in some spots with white to fix things.

Can't wait to see everyone's (who didn't submit the first time the contest "ended" that is, hehe)!

S

Stupid Miner

Plus I said if there was anything they wouldn't accept they could edit it out, because heck if I know what the actual rules are anymore. :\
Hah, too true, I half expect to be disqualified even though i didn't break any rules that I know of.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still scared my email didn't get there. :|

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wouldn't you know it; I sent in my email right on time for the last deadline, but tonight, I completely forgot that I needed to have it there by midnight eastern time!!! Dangit, since everybody got a do over, do you think the devs might forgive my 45 minute late entry? I can't believe I forgot to adjust the entry for the east coast. :sad4:
Ack! I actually sent my pics in (again) just before 11, I think. I wasn't paying attention, and when I rechecked the rules I realized they just wanted jpgs or links to jpgs, and I had sent a link to an html site instead. Oh, whatever. :p

Anyways, my entry is here:

http://www.dough.net/~sarah/WBBEntry.html

The pics are bmps, links to the jpgs are:
http://www.dough.net/~sarah/InsideBank.JPG
http://www.dough.net/~sarah/OutsideBank.JPG

L

Lunaticus

Ack! I actually sent my pics in (again) just before 11, I think. I wasn't paying attention, and when I rechecked the rules I realized they just wanted jpgs or links to jpgs, and I had sent a link to an html site instead. Oh, whatever. :p

Yeah, I hate to be a crybaby, but I really think that, since the first snafu was their own fault, the devs have to give us just a tiny bit of leeway. If nothing else, my original submission can be used, assuming they didn't toss it.

BTW, your design is spectacular!! :bowdown:

G

GhostGL

Heres mine. I kept somethings the same as my first one then added/change other stuff. Not gonna post the inside pic cause it's mainly a couple deco armor and few things on the walls. And yeah the char statue that's one thing i added that i told em they could ignore if they couldn't/wouldn't wanna do. I've always told people i wanted a statue of Ghost at the bank, cause how long i've been hanging out there.

Attachments

G

GhostGL

Wow! that's nice! Makes mine look shabby.

M

Millie

Wow! that's nice! Makes mine look shabby.
Yours is not Shabby. It's a nice design. I like how you made your tables.
All 3 are nice designs, looks like I have some good competition here.

D

Dhara

Wow, the ones that have posted already look great. I hope mine stands a chance. Here are the links to the larger versions and a bit of the description I sent in. I am anxious to see what you guys think:

http://www.pc-limited.com/UOcontestInsideLarge.jpg
http://www.pc-limited.com/UOcontestOutsideLarge.jpg

"On the outside I added a stable area and an arcane circle due to many requests on the Stratics board. I am hoping these can be actual working additions in order to make this area more useful to visitors. I added a moongate in the back where there is less traffic and it is my hope that this will help bring Brit back much like it helped out Malas. I added a shrine for easy access to tithing points, and I added several tables and benches to make hanging out a little more inviting. I also added a message board. It is my intention that this turn into a trade board of some sort. I am not sure how you guys can work that out and it might requrie a bit of extra code to allow it to either accept more posts or automatically remove them after a certain amount of time, but I think it would be a great in-game addition to facilitate trade instead of having to leave the game and go to the forums. I also used a barrel for trash instead of a chest. I hope that will work out OK with your code because I think it looks much more realistic. The dock is more for decoration than anything else, but it would also be a cute place to practice some fishing for those who enjoy that activity.

I am all about realism in art so on the inside I tried to think of the various activities that take place in real banks. There is now a waiting area, an area for filling out paperwork on the table on the left and the tellers now have a pile of mony and a scale to assit their customers’ needs. I have added a safety deposit box room in the back with private booths. I am unsure if we were allowed to remove the metal chests there or not. I am assuming they are not part of the global map, however I am not a programmer so this is just a guess. If not, I would still choose to keep the table with the associated decorations and the rug in that room. This room would also still be as functional as it was before with the saftey deposit boxes as it was with the chests. I about fell over when I found an abacus in the InsideUO art collection so I did my best to work that in, as well."

Dhara

D

Dhara

Sarsmi, I especially like your crafting area in the back...that's really cute.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, the ones that have posted already look great. I hope mine stands a chance. Here are the links to the larger versions and a bit of the description I sent in. I am anxious to see what you guys think:

http://www.pc-limited.com/UOcontestInsideLarge.jpg
http://www.pc-limited.com/UOcontestOutsideLarge.jpg

"On the outside I added a stable area and an arcane circle due to many requests on the Stratics board. I am hoping these can be actual working additions in order to make this area more useful to visitors. I added a moongate in the back where there is less traffic and it is my hope that this will help bring Brit back much like it helped out Malas. I added a shrine for easy access to tithing points, and I added several tables and benches to make hanging out a little more inviting. I also added a message board. It is my intention that this turn into a trade board of some sort. I am not sure how you guys can work that out and it might requrie a bit of extra code to allow it to either accept more posts or automatically remove them after a certain amount of time, but I think it would be a great in-game addition to facilitate trade instead of having to leave the game and go to the forums. I also used a barrel for trash instead of a chest. I hope that will work out OK with your code because I think it looks much more realistic. The dock is more for decoration than anything else, but it would also be a cute place to practice some fishing for those who enjoy that activity.

I am all about realism in art so on the inside I tried to think of the various activities that take place in real banks. There is now a waiting area, an area for filling out paperwork on the table on the left and the tellers now have a pile of mony and a scale to assit their customers’ needs. I have added a safety deposit box room in the back with private booths. I am unsure if we were allowed to remove the metal chests there or not. I am assuming they are not part of the global map, however I am not a programmer so this is just a guess. If not, I would still choose to keep the table with the associated decorations and the rug in that room. This room would also still be as functional as it was before with the saftey deposit boxes as it was with the chests. I about fell over when I found an abacus in the InsideUO art collection so I did my best to work that in, as well."

Dhara
Very nice! I really like the stable area and docks.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is my version for Catskills. However, I forgot to design the inside of the bank. *mutters*

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welp, I had fun doing this design or perhaps a little too much fun and then again probably not enough .... :D

Ahh well here goes:

http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?i=baganeko&b=5&f=1136384459&p=0

Please let me know if it's showing clearly, coz i uploaded on photobucket but max file size is 1megabyte and it turned out tiny so I reloaded it to another site. I resent the second reloaded pic after the deadline but I hope it goes, the first time on photobucket was before the deadline tho.

Anyways, it had been fun. (No longer will I go to sleep brain-raking on what to add again to the design, heh :p)

Cheers.

Edit: Oh by the way, this one's done for Formosa. :)

T

Teeshy

*grumbles about people having no compassion for my nerves - I mean dialup connection*

Cos you KNOW I have to load ALL of them to look-see! .jpg compression people! COMPRESSION!

*chuckles*

There is (again) some really stunning designs there! You've all done a great job!

Mine still looks very plain compared to them =) But I like it anyway =P (I'm not posting it yet, cos I'm afraid of "the jinx" - they're kinda like boy germs, but worse! =P)

*edits to add* TheChocolits - I couldn't get all your image to load, my connection fault, not your image host I think (I got about 1/2 loaded, then it reloaded it from teh start - after 20 minutes and 3 megs, it just quit at 1/2 done =P) but i had to say W.O.W! at the detail you have put in it! That musta taken forever to do!