• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yup, EA-Land is offline! (Update: It is now open!)

G

The way it was phrased as 'snuck in' makes it seem to me that it at least could have been deliberate, IE people putting money in clothing racks, buffet tables, refrigerators, etc. hoping that one of those things doesn't get cleaned out by the programming.....in the example you give, leaving it in your total it wouldn't be 'sneaking' it in since it's already a given that simoleans appearing in the total would poof. I understand what you're saying here, trying to play devil's advocate, but you've been around as long as anybody, and know the extent that is taken by those who truly wish to find an exploit whatever they can. Stating that we hope EA deals swift justice isn't the same as trying to track down who they are in game and putting them on our profiles as a known scammer. The latter would be lynching.....the former isn't.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The way it was phrased as 'snuck in' makes it seem to me that it at least could have been deliberate, IE people putting money in clothing racks, buffet tables, refrigerators, etc. hoping that one of those things doesn't get cleaned out by the programming.....in the example you give, leaving it in your total it wouldn't be 'sneaking' it in since it's already a given that simoleans appearing in the total would poof. I understand what you're saying here, trying to play devil's advocate, but you've been around as long as anybody, and know the extent that is taken by those who truly wish to find an exploit whatever they can. Stating that we hope EA deals swift justice isn't the same as trying to track down who they are in game and putting them on our profiles as a known scammer. The latter would be lynching.....the former isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
As usual you are trying to stir up trouble with your "everybody's a cheat" attitude.
You don't know *ANY* of the circumstances involved, but insist on pointing fingers and making the wildest of accusations, trying to make yourself look all holy, holy. (but we know better, don't we, dear?)
Let the devs sort it out - keep your uninformed nose out of it.

BTW - Congrats on finally getting me to take you off iggy - even if it's only for one post.

N

NightFlyer

So if we have simoleons in our buffet when we move we can now expect "swift justice?" and be labled as scammers?

EA told us no simoleons would be allowed in by the usual means, tip jars etc. But I hardly think they expect us to clear out our refridgerators and punch bowls before we move. If so they should state this stipulation up front.

They said all money would be wiped with the move along with property. I have to believe they found some other sort of exploit rather than a few simoleons in the buffet tables.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
As usual you are trying to stir up trouble with your "everybody's a cheat" attitude.
You don't know *ANY* of the circumstances involved, but insist on pointing fingers and making the wildest of accusations, trying to make yourself look all holy, holy. (but we know better, don't we, dear?)
Let the devs sort it out - keep your uninformed nose out of it.

BTW - Congrats on finally getting me to take you off iggy - even if it's only for one post.

[/ QUOTE ]

*shrugs* Either way, on all points, doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Seems to be you who is taking things personally, as if it was you personally who is one of the ones we are looking to 'lynch'. But I didn't see names mentioned anywhere, nor any specifics given......only the hopes that IF cheating did indeed take place as it appears it did (better) that EA would finally step up and take action against those that THEY (not we) had proof was doing the cheating. Nothing more, nothing less.

Perplexed as to how I've ruffled your feathers enough for you to bother iggying me, but meh, your perrogative, not something I'll lose sleep over. There are people who's opinion would matter that much to me, but you're not on that list, nor did I think I was on that list for you, but apparently I am, probably after my comment last night telling you not to encourage people to try to go against what EA has said was is and is not officially supported. *shrugs* Again, whatever. Get over it or don't, entirely your choice.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So if we have simoleons in our buffet when we move we can now expect "swift justice?" and be labled as scammers?

EA told us no simoleons would be allowed in by the usual means, tip jars etc. But I hardly think they expect us to clear out our refridgerators and punch bowls before we move. If so they should state this stipulation up front.

They said all money would be wiped with the move along with property. I have to believe they found some other sort of exploit rather than a few simoleons in the buffet tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you realize, intent is key. If you *left* the simoleans in the buffet table, vs. actually putting them there not needing them at the current time to use the buffet table, but are HOPING that they would get in, that's entirely different from simply neglecting to remove them from one thing or another, yet not caring if they poof and you don't get anything for them because that's what you expect to happen. I trust EA to know what people's intents are, that is not my job. The only statement I made is that those that were determined to BE scammers were dealt with accordingly and not a repeat of the blind eye that we've had toward botting over the last 5 years, or how the big exploit in the production cities was plugged, but nothing happened to those that were KNOWN to either have started the exploit or were have found to be perpetuating it. Surely I'm not the only one that thinks with this new start we have that old mistakes ought not be repeated.

S

SIMS9925

Hey all guess whos back the grammar king lol
. My question is what will happen when the botters start milking ea for money? My next question is what if ea-land becomes another Dragons cove where do the players get to run? I love the idea of this merg if everythings handled correctly. The newer players wont be too happy how can they compete with the Tree herders and not get frustrated?

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

. My question is what will happen when the botters start milking ea for money? My next question is what if ea-land becomes another Dragons cove where do the players get to run? I love the idea of this merg if everythings handled correctly. The newer players wont be too happy how can they compete with the Tree herders and not get frustrated?

[/ QUOTE ]

My advice to anyone who looks around to see who has more simoleans than they do is to say to themselves, "Oh, look, someone is trying to make money a goal." Then, and this is important, put it out of your mind and go forth to enjoy your game, with whatever goal you find to amuse yourself. Unless your goal is to be the king of the Tree herders, or a botter, I think you'll be just fine. This is true in rl, too. March to your own drum. I never once worried about who had what more than me, and it has been ok. Really.

As for where to run if the game tanks...you are on your own there. There ARE many possibilities, so I hear.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as they catch and correct the economy from exploiters, with their new gages and triggers, then mere botters will be no problem.

EA-Land cannot become a Dragon's Cove, if by which, you mean the sudden draining of the population, just because there is no place to go back too, as they did then and no need to return to higher skilled and locked Sims......since they will all be in EA-Land, after the merge, anyway.

If the populations should drop drastically in spite of that, then all else becomes irrelevant, because the game will be dead and gone.

This is a do or die scenario.....it works well or we are toast!

Now, my question to you.

Have you played in TC3 or EA-Land, yet?