• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yes yet an other sampire thread. Connor's Temp

L

Lady_Mina

My sampire currently has the same template as the one connor adviced.

I'll be doing champ hunts mostly...so i was wondering if it was wise to replace my 115 parry for 100 healing...

Getting the feeling i shouldn't have dropped it ....

C

Connor_Graham

I'm still running without Parry. I still haven't fought anything tougher than Barracoon, but have heard from someone else that they took on both Putrefier and Paroxy and had no problems at all. They actually said Paroxy was really easy.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i tried doing doom and id say parry is necessary for doom cause healing with no anatomy sucks and evasion is kinda useful when the lich lords or w/e start dumping flamestrikes on you before you can kill them. there were loads of times when i would probably have died but didnt because of evasion and i highly doubt healing 20 points of damage with anatomyless healing would do anything

going around with healing without anatomy is almost like having a 600 point template.

i havnt tried anything outside of doom cause keying is so time consuming..especially after that failed paroxymus run i tried doing i dont really feel like spending 3 hours gettin the body parts to drop and breaking throw away weapons on slimes at the same time.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i tried doing doom and id say parry is necessary for doom cause healing with no anatomy sucks and evasion is kinda useful when the lich lords or w/e start dumping flamestrikes on you before you can kill them. there were loads of times when i would probably have died but didnt because of evasion and i highly doubt healing 20 points of damage with anatomyless healing would do anything

going around with healing without anatomy is almost like having a 600 point template.

i havnt tried anything outside of doom cause keying is so time consuming..especially after that failed paroxymus run i tried doing i dont really feel like spending 3 hours gettin the body parts to drop and breaking throw away weapons on slimes at the same time.
Then maybe you should try it with Anatomy then.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whats that supposed to mean it sounds like you didnt even read my post. i was answering the op's question about whether or not he should drop parry for healing

and btw we are talking about connor's template which means there must be spell resist for doom or did you forget about the blood oaths?

C

Connor_Graham

The Healing skill is a secondary form of healing your char, with vamp form life leech still being the primary. The lack of Parry isn't the issue in Doom, it's the inability to use Evasion, which is how most avoid killing themselves from blood oath. There's 2 options that I see for this. Either go with the standard template with Parry and Resist in place of Anatomy, or use apples and retain Healing. The 2nd option is certainly the more dangerous of the 2.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The template I'm using is:
120 fencing
100 bushido (still waiting on a scroll to fall into my lap)
100 tactics
100 anatomy
100 necro
90 healing
more chivalry than I really need (20 points waiting to go to bushido).

I've killed Dread Horn and Putrefier (but not Paroxy, had help there) with no issues.

One of these days I'll go to Doom and try that.

But so far I so don't miss not having parry.

(Ideally, you could use both, but that means a lot of skill gain items...)

S

Stupid Miner

You know what I love? 70% damage converted to health, that's what I love.

You should try getting SS some time. :p

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My sampire currently has the same template as the one connor adviced.

I'll be doing champ hunts mostly...so i was wondering if it was wise to replace my 115 parry for 100 healing...

Getting the feeling i shouldn't have dropped it ....
Because of what is in bold, I would say, drop Healing and Anat if you have it, and make sure you have Resist and Some Parry, depending on how high your other skills are.

Doing the spawn is a lot different than fighting a lone peerless, or even a peerless with a few henchmen, as Honor will usually see you thru that.

Many of the spawns involve screen fulls of magic casters comming for you.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whats that supposed to mean it sounds like you didnt even read my post. i was answering the op's question about whether or not he should drop parry for healing

and btw we are talking about connor's template which means there must be spell resist for doom or did you forget about the blood oaths?
No I read your quote. However, if you take Healing you take Anatomy. Thats common knowlegde to all except new players. Just suggesting that maybe you try it with anatomy & see if it functions alot better.

Taking Healing without Anatomy, is like a mage not taking Eval Int with Magery. & the mage wondering why his ebolt only doese 12 to 15 damage instead of the norm.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No I read your quote. However, if you take Healing you take Anatomy. Thats common knowlegde to all except new players. Just suggesting that maybe you try it with anatomy & see if it functions alot better.

Taking Healing without Anatomy, is like a mage not taking Eval Int with Magery. & the mage wondering why his ebolt only doese 12 to 15 damage instead of the norm.
except again we are talking about what connor would do and in this thread
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=179748 post 5, 6,7

For Doom I'd still swap out GM Anatomy for GM Resist. I keep Tactics so I can use weapon specials, plus it gives a higher base damage increase than Anatomy does.
but wouldnt that make you healing skill useles?
No, Healing would still heal 25ish HP's per bandage.
against anything that casts necromancy spells something is gona be dropped and its always either gona be either healing or anatomy or parry

besides the builds the op is talking about would always end up as
120 bushido
120 weapon
100-120 tactics
100 healing
100 necro
100 spell resist and or anatomy
60 chiv

normally the spell resist would be replaced with anatomy but in the case of doom, i am saying that healing has no place in it unless your gona be bringing tons of petals or w/e those are called.

Connor's normal build is
120 weapon
120 bushido
120 parry
100 anatomy and or spell resist
100 tactics
60 chiv

Besides you said
when my position was clearly that
i highly doubt healing 20 points of damage with anatomyless healing would do anything

which means that i already knew that healing is worthless without anatomy which is exactly why i asked whether or not you read my post since again over here

Just suggesting that maybe you try it with anatomy & see if it functions alot better.

sounds like you think i was complaining about how healing just sucks in general cause i didnt have anatomy on my build

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a simple suggestion, sounds like your reading to much into it.

-peace

R

ReaperNI

I run
120 swords
120 tactics
120 bushido
120 parry
100 necro
80 chiv
40 med

get your di up to 100% honor and eoo the hardest monster on screen and start spaming whirlwind attacks. i also use 50% ep ecru ring for heal chugs. Healing is pointless for sampire how many ways do need to heal yourself? Chugs Confidence life leech and close wounds i mean if you cant get it done with 4 ways to heal then healing isnt your problem. hit your evasions when u want to take less dmg or when you wanna 4/6 close wound yourself without disruption. it is possible even though its not your main goal to get your fc/fcr as good as you can get it. TYR

C

Connor_Graham

Healing is pointless for sampire how many ways do need to heal yourself? Chugs Confidence life leech and close wounds i mean if you cant get it done with 4 ways to heal then healing isnt your problem. hit your evasions when u want to take less dmg or when you wanna 4/6 close wound yourself without disruption. it is possible even though its not your main goal to get your fc/fcr as good as you can get it. TYR
I disagree with just about all of this....

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i find that with healing my survivability shoots way up but the only problem with the healing template is that it cant be adapted to include spell resistance while keeping the effects of healing, unless your decide to remove tactics in which case you forfeit your weapon special bonuses

R

ReaperNI

I disagree with just about all of this....
seriously i mean there are currently 8 ways to heal yourself ( i think)

1)Bandy
2)Cast heal/Greater heal
3)Chug
4)Confidence
5)gift of renewal
6)spirit speak
7)close wounds
8)life leech

with my template i can use 4 of these plus joat gift of renewal so 5 total. shoot i could even drop med for ss and get that in there too that be 6. 9/10 times only way i heal is life leeching other 1/10 a chug for when im in the action. i dunno just seems pointless to me to rearrange a great template just because we cant figure out how to use one of the 6 ways to heal effectively.Dont know bout the rest of you but i hit dark fathers for avg 170 points and seen spikes of 300 thats 60 points of healing.if your worried about staying alive and being to heal all the time drop your wep skill and parry for magery and healing that way you can just heal and heal and heal wont do you a bit of good but hey. heres a good template

100 healing
100 anatomy
100 spellweaving
100 ss
100 chiv
100 magery
100 bushido

man you could heal your butt off.no disrespect but i mean come on this is pvm.TYR

N

NickyDishes

if your using close wounds as a sampire for anything but healing your pet after u get dismounted and it takes damage something is wrong.....

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what are you guys doing to crit dark father for 300?

with 100 DI, perfection, and eoo im only hitting darkfather for a max of 160 or so not sure if thats a crit but i dont ever recall hitting him for over 200

im using a radiant scimitar btw with undead slayer on talisman

actually i dont think ive ever crit anything for over 200 unless its like a rabbit and has like 0 resistance or is discorded

heres a good template
100 healing
100 anatomy
100 spellweaving
100 ss
100 chiv
100 magery
100 bushido

man you could heal your butt off.no disrespect but i mean come on this is pvm.TYR
cept you would get hit with that build 100% of the time and die and do 0 damage

C

Connor_Graham

300 hits on the DF are normally done by an ABC archer using a Demon Slayer heavy crossbow.

R

ReaperNI

Frost i was goofing with the template you got posted. those 300 hits were done while my char wasnt even 120ed out using swords.this is my template
120 bush
120 tactics
120 parry
120 swords
100 necro
80 chiv
45 med

I'm using a redeemer not the fastest thing on the block but it get the job done i also have some rune blades that hit alot faster and proabbly equall the dmg vs time as the redeemer does. i run 100 di enemy of one and use perfection at 150 str 150 dex

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh hmm. redeemer base damage is 20-24 with demonslayer im using a radiant which is 12-14 not to mention that you have more strength than i do so i guess thats why...

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frostbolt, try a Double Axe, true the base damage is not as high as some other weapons, but the specials are to die for ( or to not die for). Double strike and Whirlwind, from a relativley fast weapon are AWESOME!!

Heck, if you get your damage high enough, around 100 per hit, and have max mana leech, you can pretty much spam double strikes, thus 200 per swing.

L

Lady_Mina

I've tried with healing...and noticed my sampire can do without...

But now i'm wondering to go back to parry...OR lumber. (since i will use double axes) for the extra damage that lumber gives. (or did they change that?)

so getting less damage vs a little damage bonus...

T

Teardrop

Parry all the way. I lost count of how many times Evasion saved my life. :)

L

Lady_Mina

Parry all the way. I lost count of how many times Evasion saved my life. :)
Currently going back to parry.

Might try same template with lumber on test center.

I used to be a pala/swordswo-man with lumber but now retraining to sampire :)

stalled my lumber on my crafter.

R

ReaperNI

parry all the way even though you can heal your butt off with a good sampire template doesnt mean you want them to hack away at you.TYR