• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire dropping parry, choice between anatomy/tactics

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i read about connor's new template where he replaces parry with 120 tactics and 100 healing but

why not do 120 anatomy and 100 healing, and 100 tactics instead

i mean you would get like 3-4 more points of healing and the damage stays the same at least according to the calculator on uostratics. well ok maybe you lose 1 point of base damage off the daisho, 1 point of max damage on ornate axe, and the radiant scimitar stays the same.

this is only calculated up to 100% damage increase though so i dont know if the gap would get wider at 300%, maybe someone would like to check for me to see if the 1 point damage difference stays the consistant?

but anyway based on this information which one is more worth it 120 anatomy or 120 tactics assuming that parry is dropped for one of the two

also how would a template like this translate to doing doom and necro casting monsters

if the template is now
120 bushido
120 weapon
100 healing
100 tactics
120 anatomy (or tactics)
100 necromancy
60 chiv

then what would be switched out for spell resist? i mean unless healing is enough to heal through blood oath, if you remove healing you would be gimping yourself since the point of this new build is to have extra healing, and its not like you can remove anything else without gimping healing or screwing with survivability since parry is no longer there. unless youve got tons of soulstones...

actually this is probably a good reason to put anatomy up to 120 in the first place since the other build had you removing anatomy to make room for resist spells, this time instead you would be removing tactics to get resist spells at the cost of 3 -5 points of base damage depending on the weapon. but you would get to keep the healing? im assuming here that you keep 120 tactics and have 0 anatomy but then healing woud be useless so you would go back to having parry and 100 tactics, making the argument that i would have a huge gap in damage from using anatomy instead null

i mean really if the vamp form's life leech isnt going to be the primary form of healing now wouldnt it be wiser to make the build in such a way where i wouldnt have to get 4 soulstones to put two intensities of tactics and one instance of parry and another for healing. 3-5 points of damage is negligible in terms of healing done from leech right? (btw i havnt calculated for 300% yet no calculator)

so for example
Normal template
120 bushido
120 weapon
100 healing
100 tactics
120 anatomy
100 necromancy
60 chiv

130 strength/100% damage increase
ornate axe 67-75 damage
radiant scimitar 45-52
daisho 49-56
______as compared to with 120 tactics and 100 anatomy
ornate axe 68-76
radiant scimitar 45-53
daisho 49-57

Doom Template
120 bushido
120 weapon
100 healing
100 spell resist
120 anatomy
100 necromancy
60 chiv

130 strength/100% damage increase
ornate axe 55-61
daisho 40-46
radiant scimitar37-43
______as compared to the original doom template with 100 spell resist and 100 tactics and no anatomy

daisho 40-46
ornate axe 56-62
radiant scimitar 37-43

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: the parry thing

If you did without parry, you'd loose your evasion effectiveness, period. Healing isnt all that great if you're doing only PvM, so I'd suggest replacing the 100 healing with 100 Spiritspeak, your curse weapon life leech will be far superior to GM healing, and I'd do 120 Tact over 120 Anat any day. Would look like this:

120 Wep
120 Bushido
100 Necro
100 SS
120 Tact
100 Anat
60 Chiv

If you cant afford the 120 Tact scroll, 110 Tact/Anat is just about as effective for damage increase as well. I'd just carry a stash of Pig Iron, and save the Arcane charges for Vamp Form when needed.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: the parry thing

If you did without parry, you'd loose your evasion effectiveness, period. Healing isnt all that great if you're doing only PvM, so I'd suggest replacing the 100 healing with 100 Spiritspeak, your curse weapon life leech will be far superior to GM healing, and I'd do 120 Tact over 120 Anat any day. Would look like this:

120 Wep
120 Bushido
100 Necro
100 SS
120 Tact
100 Anat
60 Chiv

If you cant afford the 120 Tact scroll, 110 Tact/Anat is just about as effective for damage increase as well. I'd just carry a stash of Pig Iron, and save the Arcane charges for Vamp Form when needed.
please refer to these posts
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=179652
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=175885&highlight=sampire+damage

where the idea of dropping parry was talked about

youd only get hit like 11 % more

i cant remember where i saw the formula if someone can link it to me that would be great but i believe its
50 % same weapon skill
with 45% dci its like 28 % to be hit
with parry its like 19 % to be hit
not counting hla
edit i found who posted the formula

Farsight
With 0 parry and 120 weapon against a 90 wrestling Dread Horn, while using a weapon with hit lower attack, you will get hit 20.3% of the time (source = hit chance formula from both stratics and uoguide).

If you add in 120 parry, you'll then parry 40% of the time after that (with two handed weapon) or 8.2% parry rate (8.2% of every swing the Dread Horn makes gets parried). You'll only actually get hit 12.1% of the time.
and its not like i cant afford a tactics scroll i just dont want to have to use 4 soulstones when i want to switch between killing non necro monsters and necro casting monsters. and the easiest solution would be to replace 120 tactics with 120 anatomy so that tactics and spell resist can be interchanged accordingly without screwing up the healing skill

besides this build kind of appeals to me since i seem to get killed by stuff that keep draining my mana making me unable to use any moves...causing me to be unable to heal enough and die, providing that no parry actually works.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wait actually i just thought of a problem with this..i wouldnt be able to use weapon special moves without having tactics would i?

so running my theoretical doom template might not work.. i dont know, do people use weapon specials alot down at doom? i havnt gone there yet but id think that whirlwind would be good against darkfather right?..so this still wouldnt work unless spell resist isnt necessary when you have the healing skill.

if anyone can come up with a variation of connor's new template for doom without breaking healing that would be nice

but unless im making some kinda damage increase calculation error, what it comes down to still would be which would be better 1 or 2 points of damage or 3-4 healing on heals

C

Connor_Graham

For Doom I'd still swap out GM Anatomy for GM Resist. I keep Tactics so I can use weapon specials, plus it gives a higher base damage increase than Anatomy does.

C

Connor_Graham

No, Healing would still heal 25ish HP's per bandage.

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why have 100 Healing? I am going the healing route, but it takes a while to gain. So in the meantime I let Parry gain while fighting, and have appx 70 healing 40 parry. I'm thinking this is good, i that healing still gets me a good 30 points, and cures poison, yet I still get some benefits of parrying.

Does it make sense to have parry, even if it's just 30-40 points?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More healing means a better chance of curing poisons.

As well, when you're hunting in groups, you can ressurect your fallen comrades.

Adding 40 parry means you can block 15% of all blows instead of 5%, which amounts to approximately 3-7% of total swings (assuming 120 weapon skill, 45% DCI and hit lower attack)

J

[JD]

im letting parry train while i train up other skills. soon as skill points get tight though i'm dumping it

edit: also, as a sampire you have the greatest built in healing macro tool: LICH FORM

go lich form, and attended macro raise your healing. as a bonus anat will raise as well. non-humans work best because humans have 2hp regen built in, which slows the lich form life drain