• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Year End Approaching...No Classic Shard

• Thread starter Morgana LeFay (PoV)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

As much as I would have loved to have seen it...I have come to accept that EA/Mythic no longer values the patronage of Classic UO fans.

We asked for it...we didn't get it...no Classic Shard.

So my best advice to anyone that does not enjoy the game in its current state: cancel your account(s) today.

You can only speak to EA/Mythic with your subscription dollars. If UO dies, it is not because you cancelled your accounts, but because they chose to provide an inferior product.

I have already cancelled my accounts...you should do the same if you are a fan of the Classic game.

Understand that current players feel very threatened by you because they are afraid of you. They are afraid that EA might actually green light a Classic Shard, and that it might succeed...causing a mass exodus from the current shards. They are afraid that if that happens, EA might mandate change to the existing shards to make them more like Classic UO...which leads to the real point, they are afraid that they are going to be PK'ed and lose some of the virtual crap they are hording rolleyes:

But what they don't understand is that this game is indeed dying. Don't become angry at me for saying it...no need to shoot the messenger. Just take a look at subscription numbers for 2006 vs. now. Or 2000 vs. now. It's obvious that this game has outlived many others, but it faces competition that it is in no positon to compete with. There will be no magic update that draws hundreds of thousands of players back to the game...not even a Classic Shard.

UO is dying, faster now than even 2 years ago. So the best advice I can give Classic UO fans is ... don't go down with the ship. Just cancel now and move on while you still have your memories of better times. Speak with your dollars, and just put an end to your participation in the farce that EA/Mythic has turned Ultima Online into.

PS - Get whatever responses you want to post in quickly...as this thread will be locked/closed/deleted very quickly by the anti-Classic shard management here.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The moderating staff has actually been allowing these threads to stay open lately. As long as classic shard supporters (myself included) don't act up too much and behave according to their RoC I believe they will continue letting us have these threads (directed towards the devs) remain. I suggest those who support the OP and agree with this idea of canceling our accounts and making ourselves known to the devs do so in an orderly fashion. If we do this the stratics staff will be kind to us. Let the haters get away with whatever they feel the need to say (they just want attention). Let's not flood stratics with these types of threads but simply let the devs know in a respectful manner (in as few threads as possible) that we are closing our accounts if they continue delaying an answer or say no to it.

If we fail to do this then don't be surprised if we get shut up by the stratics staff again...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No threads have been closed because of any particular attitude towards classic shards by staff. In fact some staff would dearly love this to come to fruition.
They have been closed because of the constant trolling and personal attacks on other posters.

The exceedingly hostile tone of the opening post on this thread does not bode well for it's longevity. Perhaps you'd like to re-think it a bit?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I read this as a goodbye announcement. Best wishes, Morganna, in all your future endeavours in RL and in the world of MMORPGs! Take care.

-OBSIDIAN-

A

Aragon100

It's not a new year yet and there is time to get an answer.

Remember that Cal said he would hope to have an answer before the end of the year.

Anyway Morgana, thank you for your petition, good work.:)

Hopefully they will understand there is a great interest for a classic shard.

V

VorteXPete

Uo needs to move forward,not backwards...this is why it is dying...

I

ikaikaman

Morgana LeFay,You are right completely.
Many players are getting together to Atlantic.haha...INSANE
It means We can not play our Home shard or paying 20$ at least.

I said once,In Japanese-shard,We could not build a house old day.well,sold "Small Brick Hsouse"for 5mil.But now,We can build 18*18 easily.I think Devs is upset,so EM was born Japanese.It is too late.

Devs should give priority elimination of Scripter,speedhack.but they did irrelevant things like MagicReflection.Seems that they do not have grasp of degree of relative priority.

J

[JD]

UO is dying because the people leaving exceed the people reactivating or having children and introducing them. What is missing is what about people that never played UO? How do we introduce them?

WOW and other mmorpgs advertise. Ultima does not. Should Ultima advertise they would be able to gain new players to re-infuse the playerbase.

Sadly, what would they advertise? Come play our 13 year old game graphics.

As longtime players we all know we play UO for the skill system, for the flexibility, and fun. But someone just starting out wouldn't know that. A little whiz-bang to the interface is what's needed to attract people here.

At it's heart, UO is a business. They have been making business decisions to keep it afloat. Like selling things on the store, selling expansions, and monthly subscriptions.

To truly make it thrive again you are going to need new blood.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never really participated to these classic shard threads but I have to say I have lost all interest in playing EA as well...

I Play UO

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
As much as I would have loved to have seen it...I have come to accept that EA/Mythic no longer values the patronage of Classic UO fans.

We asked for it...we didn't get it...no Classic Shard.

So my best advice to anyone that does not enjoy the game in its current state: cancel your account(s) today.

You can only speak to EA/Mythic with your subscription dollars. If UO dies, it is not because you cancelled your accounts, but because they chose to provide an inferior product.

I have already cancelled my accounts...you should do the same if you are a fan of the Classic game.

Understand that current players feel very threatened by you because they are afraid of you. They are afraid that EA might actually green light a Classic Shard, and that it might succeed...causing a mass exodus from the current shards. They are afraid that if that happens, EA might mandate change to the existing shards to make them more like Classic UO...which leads to the real point, they are afraid that they are going to be PK'ed and lose some of the virtual crap they are hording rolleyes:

But what they don't understand is that this game is indeed dying. Don't become angry at me for saying it...no need to shoot the messenger. Just take a look at subscription numbers for 2006 vs. now. Or 2000 vs. now. It's obvious that this game has outlived many others, but it faces competition that it is in no positon to compete with. There will be no magic update that draws hundreds of thousands of players back to the game...not even a Classic Shard.

UO is dying, faster now than even 2 years ago. So the best advice I can give Classic UO fans is ... don't go down with the ship. Just cancel now and move on while you still have your memories of better times. Speak with your dollars, and just put an end to your participation in the farce that EA/Mythic has turned Ultima Online into.

PS - Get whatever responses you want to post in quickly...as this thread will be locked/closed/deleted very quickly by the anti-Classic shard management here.
Didn't you already give this speech like 2 months ago when you quit? Seriously, make up your mind.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS DAY'S COMING!

Seriously, that's what you made this sound like.

While using your dollars as a vote is one way to do this, you ultimately just kill UO and make it impossible for a new shard to really open. They opened Shard of the Dead, and there's no reason that can't use that server as the classic client.

I think the hardest thing is how to decide what makes the classic shard classic, and while they're busy working on other bugs and vet rewards and christmas items and anniversary items, they can't do much besides discuss Classic shard.

Don't give up yet. I think they really will say something, but Mythic has always been very slow about doing anything. You know how it is.

C

copycon

UO is dying because the people leaving exceed the people reactivating or having children and introducing them. What is missing is what about people that never played UO? How do we introduce them?

WOW and other mmorpgs advertise. Ultima does not. Should Ultima advertise they would be able to gain new players to re-infuse the playerbase.

Sadly, what would they advertise? Come play our 13 year old game graphics.

As longtime players we all know we play UO for the skill system, for the flexibility, and fun. But someone just starting out wouldn't know that. A little whiz-bang to the interface is what's needed to attract people here.

At it's heart, UO is a business. They have been making business decisions to keep it afloat. Like selling things on the store, selling expansions, and monthly subscriptions.

To truly make it thrive again you are going to need new blood.
I think advertising is important, but I don't think graphics or any "refresh" is going to make UO appeal to the broader audience in the MMO market. A similar analogy would be to put 18" chrome rims and a V8 into a Pinto and marketing it as the next best thing. It just doesn't work that way in my opinion...

I think a lot of the appeal is in the people who "know" what UO was, and EA needs to understand what those people want to rekindle that relationship. There is a HUGE audience of people who have left UO in the past simply because it "evolved" into something that they quite simply did not enjoy. Understanding those elements is hugely important in my opinion, and until that happens the current trend will continue.

B

Babble

Shouldn't we forget Mythic and get out the Bioware banner?
Mythic went the way or Origin or?

L

Longest Journey

Its the end of the year, and youre surprised there is no classic servers still?

Im not. Not at all....

See, in the eyes of EA mythic, you got your classic servers, that abomination SoTD. Thats what They think a classic server is. Or it was just an outright slap in the face to those who want for classic servers. Im betting it was a mix of the two.

The only way there will ever be a classic server is if someone with enough money and their own game developement company buys UO off of EA and sets things right. Otherwise, all pleas for classic servers will fall upon deaf ears. Because, as long as game like WoW and the other EQ clones continue to dominate the mainstream market, every game company out there will continue to pump out more and more clones in an attempt to become the next Blizzard. This is especially the case for EA.

In the mean time, UO, the game which went from proud prince to pitiful pauper, will continue to degrade, having more and more terrible content added in that chips away at the already depleted sub numbers. The game will go through development team after development team who all will continue to ignore the proof that post AOS content continuation is a path to ruin and keep pushing the WoWization of UO, all to no avail.

Ill greatly enjoy the day Cal and the current "developers" (and I use that term EXTREMELY LOOSELY) meet the same fate as their predicessors, and get fired due to UO losing yet another thousand or so subscribers because of their blatant ignorance to what players have been asking for for close to 10 years now.

Hopefully, sooner rather than later, UO will die, and the mutilation of its corpse can finally stop. That it will be able to finally pass on with SOME shreds of dignity left, and no more experiments from Frankenstien after Frankenstien.

B

Babble

As for advertising there are dozens of free to play games out there with better graphics, luring players off.

What is really so unique in UO that players want to join?
The ones really crazy for housing get sims or second life, for pvp Bioware made warhammer, for crafting uhm ... get a decent hobby

All of the things combined.. maybe UO...but not with that graphic for that fee

L

Longest Journey

Uo needs to move forward,not backwards...this is why it is dying...
UO has been "moving forward" for over 8 years now, and things arent doing any better. With each new "expansion" the game loses more players and gains none.

UO right now is like a bad book. Its full of typos, horrible plot, illegible dialogue, and just doesnt make any sense. Now, when a writer sees these kinds of mistakes, they just dont keep on writing with all of these mistakes in place. No, they hit the backspace key as fast as they can and erase all of the errors and go back to the beginning and start over. Sure, it takes time, but in the long run, they end up with a better story.

Its the same way with pushing post AOS content. Its like not correcting a story and trying to publish the book with all of the errors. No one is going to read it. They need to go back to when the game WAS appealing and start over.

But, it'll never happen. The developers could give two shiznos less about UO or how the game turns out or anything like that. They just keep on pressing the same failing content and expect success. If they cared, at all, about how players felt, classic servers would have been made over 8 years ago and this debate wouldnt be taking place, and UO would have a stronger subscrption base.

L

Longest Journey

As for advertising there are dozens of free to play games out there with better graphics, luring players off.

The ones really crazy for housing get sims or second life, for pvp Bioware made warhammer, for crafting uhm ... get a decent hobby

Unfortunately, the free games out there are sickeningly childish and way too "cutesey" for most adults to stomach. Example, Maple Story. /vomit

As for free UO emulation servers, those are run by people who wanted to make their version of UO and what they felt it should be. As someone who played some free servers and ended up with a horrible infected computer from those servers, they are less than reliable and even less secure.

With an EA production classic server, players get better security, and possbily, if the developers listen, an experience that is truly classic UO, and not something some guy and his buddies slapped together that is virus ridden and nowhere near classic UO.

That would be the draw of classic servers. Security, reliability, and, believe it or not, trust. People would trust EA classic servers more than the free ones.

Because, with free servers, you get what you pay for.

C

copycon

There is one important aspect that you are missing. That aspect is that none of those things equal UO. Every game to date has been missing one or more elements that made UO great in its hay day. The closest to date in concept was Mortal Online to my knowledge, and that game had an enormous following until it released. When it released, the players quickly found that the developers set the bar a bit too high for themselves, and the quality suffered, and the majority of players were appauled and wrote it off as a result. However, if you read through their earlier postings on their message boards you will find that their design inspiration came primarily from what UO was before it became what you see today. It simply took too long to come to fruition and failed to execute what was promised when it finally did release...

The point that I am trying to make is that there is still a market for UO. There are groups of people that have been clamoring for "old UO" for YEARS, and there is no other game to date that has that kind of dedication. Still, even after 12/31/2010 people will want it. I will refuse to continue reading these endless debates afterwards, but until then I will be here waiting for an answer.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to say.. i opened another account a week ago :lick:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As the thread title says, "Year End Approaching", it's not here yet.

They are currently working on a Publish, and have three weeks until the end of the year.

Understand that current players feel very threatened by you because they are afraid of you. They are afraid that EA might actually green light a Classic Shard, and that it might succeed...causing a mass exodus from the current shards.
I doubt there would be a "mass exodus" from the regular shards to a "Classic Shard" Morganna. Remember? back before the release of UO:Ren, the "Mass Exodus" was away from UO to other games,and away from the Pk problem Pre-UO:Ren had, and after the release of UO:Ren, the "Mass Exodus" was to Trammel, away from the PK problem that existed in Felucca.

They are afraid that if that happens, EA might mandate change to the existing shards to make them more like Classic UO...
"More like" would be fine. Getting rid of the AoS taint would be great.To much like "Classic UO" though, and the "Mass Exodus" from UO to other games would begin again. I doubt EA is dumb enough to make that mistake again. Though many people have shown they can't learn from history.

...which leads to the real point, they are afraid that they are going to be PK'ed and lose some of the virtual crap they are hording rolleyes:
The 'Risk (what you have spent the time & worked for in game) vs Reward' (for the PKer who steals it so he doesn't have to work for it himself thing?

...but it faces competition that it is in no positon to compete with. There will be no magic update that draws hundreds of thousands of players back to the game...not even a Classic Shard.
What games compete with UO?

If there is another sandbox game where your not locked into a sequence of quests in order to advance, and can do what you want to do and still advance, doesn't use a level system where people who become friends in game but play different amounts of time eventually can't hunt together anymore, and has a good crafting sytem to play and enjoy, tell me what it is? I might go check it out to see if it's not as focused on uber-items as the current UO is.

B

Babble

Unfortunately, the free games out there are sickeningly childish and way too "cutesey" for most adults to stomach. Example, Maple Story. /vomit

As for free UO emulation servers, those are run by people who wanted to make their version of UO and what they felt it should be. As someone who played some free servers and ended up with a horrible infected computer from those servers, they are less than reliable and even less secure.

With an EA production classic server, players get better security, and possbily, if the developers listen, an experience that is truly classic UO, and not something some guy and his buddies slapped together that is virus ridden and nowhere near classic UO.

That would be the draw of classic servers. Security, reliability, and, believe it or not, trust. People would trust EA classic servers more than the free ones.

Because, with free servers, you get what you pay for.
LOTR, Pirates of the Burning Sea, DDO, APB soon again and dozens others which do not aim for the kids market.

I am still not convinced EA would make that much money from classic servers. Better use the developers of ea to polish SWTOR and get millions of customers there or another new mmo than dragging along UO.

C

copycon

The 'Risk (what you have spent the time & worked for in game) vs Reward' (for the PKer who steals it so he doesn't have to work for it himself thing?
You have this backwards.

The "Risk" is the PK and the risk of dying and being looted by any other player (not necessarily a PK or a thief). The "Risk" also applies to the PK or criminal to avoid being killed at that same moment.

The "Reward" is the player achieving their goal and making it out alive, which was always a challenge regardless of circumstance. It was the players responsibility to know their bounds and react to the situation accordingly.

B

Babble

There is one important aspect that you are missing. That aspect is that none of those things equal UO. Every game to date has been missing one or more elements that made UO great in its hay day. The closest to date in concept was Mortal Online to my knowledge, and that game had an enormous following until it released. When it released, the players quickly found that the developers set the bar a bit too high for themselves, and the quality suffered, and the majority of players were appauled and wrote it off as a result. However, if you read through their earlier postings on their message boards you will find that their design inspiration came primarily from what UO was before it became what you see today. It simply took too long to come to fruition and failed to execute what was promised when it finally did release...

The point that I am trying to make is that there is still a market for UO. There are groups of people that have been clamoring for "old UO" for YEARS, and there is no other game to date that has that kind of dedication. Still, even after 12/31/2010 people will want it. I will refuse to continue reading these endless debates afterwards, but until then I will be here waiting for an answer.
Yes, i played MO a bit. Nice concept but even more bugged than EA UO :p

And question is is there a real market for games like UO?
Before wow the mmo market was supposed to be 2-3 million players in the west.
WOW showed that that was not exactly true.

I agree there is a market for games like UO. EVE shows that, Darkfall too, heck tale in a desert shows it.

But are those Niches enough for a company like EA who expected Sims Online to have half a million accounts, Warhammer to have a million and SWTOR also over a million.

And a classic server of UO is a Niche in a niche ....

Problem is

B

Babble

What games compete with UO?
Every game out there competes.
They might not fill the same Niche, but a good RTS or shooter can occupy my time the same as UO does.

The real sad thing though is that despite 13+ years of mmo UO ist still the best in its niche ...

So either UO design is a fail, as no one copies it, or no one thinks they can mage to pull it off making a profit

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're taking this way too personal.
And you may underestimate the amount of people who still are having fun with modern UO, but can imagine how a better game should look like. Unfortunately, a better game is currently not available.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. There are 3+ weeks left in the year. Kind of early for this kind of thread. Then again, looking at the poster, maybe not.
2. Like I said in my PM to you Morgana, I still believe that UO will open up a classic shard, but it will be some form of free-play shard.

K

KoolAidAddict

Understand that current players feel very threatened by you because they are afraid of you.
Heheh, where did you come up with this nonsense BS?
Ima current player and I dont give a rats hiney about a classic, one way or another, so GET OFF THE SOAPBOX.....dang, your starting to sound like nancy pelosi.

One can only hope.
Your done, feel free to quietly leave now.
Yikes.

S

Sevin0oo0

What games compete with UO? I
Free & pay - I'd Love to see a thread on this, w/ actual reviews.
I just tried RunesOfMagic - something wrong when you can see the belly of your horse, W/O getting off of it. + too much processor/video str. required. I liked the random dungeon generation where it changes each time you go in.

B

Babble

Well those are just the mmos.
What about all the others?
Starcraft 2, Medal of Honor, Guildwars and all the other games where you pay one time fee, but can play online with others for free.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many F2P games out there

For the pirate lovers... Voyage century online. Good graphics. Plently of quests and can pvp if you choose. Has an afk feature for those tedious skills for leveling. No housing

For PvM and Pvpers.... Rappelz. Good graphics.Level and a skill tree to choose your skills. Has both PvP and PvM servers and a pure pvp server. No housing

Guild Wars... Has pvp scenarios but more to the PvM and eye candy crowd. Great graphics. No housing. ( just have to buy the client no monthly fee.

Guild Wars 2...Coming out soon. Just like above but now focusing on more with realistic options in quests. PvP changes that are similar to DaoC. Go read up on this it may change the face of questing in future games. No housing. ( by the client or box set with no monthly fee)

Last Chaos.. PvM and pvp servers and PvP servers only. Good graphics. Can ride tamed mounts. Have to train them. Can actually ride a flying dragon mount. Yes the dragon is actually flying. No housing.

Thats just a few of the f2p. UO should go in that direction. These games are busy with more people then UO atm. Must be making money so they can ADVERTISE like they do here on stratics. Plus they do hold weekly events and GM's are actually active. Not automated responses. I support a classic client but would pay for one if it was 99% bug free. Pay for a fixed game not a broken one.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what's the point of a classic shard?

Bringing back all the customers, who quit their account? If really someone is thinking ths way, (s)he must be pretty naive.

How much customers had UO at max? 250k? Do you really think they will all come back?

I'd guess, 10k would come back. For what price? Tons of development resources wasted for a shard, everyone and their grandmother still would debate, if that is now classic or not.

So, what else is to say? Ahh, right: Can I have your stuff? :D

Z

_Zen

The only reason I check back on the stratics forums is to see if there has been an announcement regarding a classic shard..

C

copycon

How much customers had UO at max? 250k? Do you really think they will all come back?
No.

I'd guess, 10k would come back. For what price? Tons of development resources wasted for a shard, everyone and their grandmother still would debate, if that is now classic or not.
Not necessarily, but a significant number most certainly would, and, when you think about the numbers involved, they are actually more significant than fish pies, fishing scrolls, neon colors, pumpkins, turkeys, bigger boats, house decorations and so on... :)

Only if you say please.

S

Sunchicken

So what's the point of a classic shard?

Bringing back all the customers, who quit their account? If really someone is thinking ths way, (s)he must be pretty naive.

Lets half it just for giggles. 5k peeps on a classic server not to mention ones who already play that would swap. Id play that shard in an instant and im not a classic shard fan.

Give me a siege perilous shard type with insurance and im in heaven...

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give me a siege perilous shard type with insurance and im in heaven...
The "Classic Shard" Fans don't want insurance. The PvPers wouldn't be able to win thier Opponets good gear, the PKers wouldn't be able to loot thier victims, and we Crafters wouldn't need to craft new equipment for people.

Insurance is a Bad Thing(tm). :)

B

Bill Gates OSD

For the record, and so that I'm sure I will be heard. I am dead set against a classic shard. It would waste resources that would otherwise be better spent on things that benefit all.

If you really want a classic shard feel, forego your insurance and blessed items, wear GM made armor and traipse about in Felucca doing whatever it is that you enjoy doing in UO.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Didn't you already give this speech like 2 months ago when you quit? Seriously, make up your mind.
More DRAMA pleeaaaze. :loser:

This is the 6th time this year this MLF has said he/she is quitting.

And the count so far is maybe 2 or 3 accounts will be cancelled. LMAO.

C

canary

More DRAMA pleeaaaze. :loser:

This is the 6th time this year this MLF has said he/she is quitting.

And the count so far is maybe 2 or 3 accounts will be canceled. LMAO.
Yeah, at this point Mograna's posts just illicit an eye roll moreso than anything else. If I were a dev, I would not initiate a classic shard just based on her posts.

Morgana, just... go elsewhere. Please.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am dead set against a classic shard. It would waste resources that would otherwise be better spent on things that benefit all.
Things that would benefit all, except those who don't care for the item-focised UO, don't care for the existance of the Trammel ruleset, and those who really miss the UO they loved. Your forgetting those people.

Seems those people just get overlooked. Probably why we sound off so much.:scholar:

I'm in the don't care for the item-focused UO crowd.

H

Honest Aly

The "Reward" is the player achieving their goal and making it out alive, which was always a challenge regardless of circumstance. It was the players responsibility to know their bounds and react to the situation accordingly.
And what if my reward is to not be bothered by the PK at all?

Or if my reward is to go PvP when I want to, but not be forced to be constantly on my toes looking for somebody who wants to take what I worked hard to get?

You're talking about the rewards for the PK... the rewards for the PK'd never existed.

Now I'll grant that I'm no big fan of the item focused UO, and I miss everybody carrying regs and many other things.

But if the definition of the "Classic client" is that I have to go back to Fel only... I'll happily accept Item based UO over that every single day of the week.

A

Aragon100

And what if my reward is to not be bothered by the PK at all?

Or if my reward is to go PvP when I want to, but not be forced to be constantly on my toes looking for somebody who wants to take what I worked hard to get?

You're talking about the rewards for the PK... the rewards for the PK'd never existed.

Now I'll grant that I'm no big fan of the item focused UO, and I miss everybody carrying regs and many other things.

But if the definition of the "Classic client" is that I have to go back to Fel only... I'll happily accept Item based UO over that every single day of the week.
The ones that enjoyed the old classic UO have no game to go back too.

Their game was stolen from them. All those oldtimers that had been paying their subscription fee from day one found their game changing into something totally unacceptable, lightyears from the game they loved.

Itembased is what you have today so you wont loose anything if a classic shard finally see the light, you can continue playing your game. Noone forces you to play a classic shard.

B

Bill Gates OSD

Things that would benefit all, except those who don't care for the item-focised UO, don't care for the existance of the Trammel ruleset, and those who really miss the UO they loved. Your forgetting those people.

Seems those people just get overlooked. Probably why we sound off so much.:scholar:

I'm in the don't care for the item-focused UO crowd.
Tanivar you can have the UO that you want. Turn your insurance off, use GM made weapons only and stay in Felucca. There is your classic shard. Oh yeah, a few other things... No buffed spellbooks, no mystic spells, no necro, no gargoyles, no elves, no spellweaving etc. There, I saved the devs a LOT of money. Now they can fix the account age issue... ROFL! Yeah, right....

A

Aragon100

Tanivar you can have the UO that you want. Turn your insurance off, use GM made weapons only and stay in Felucca. There is your classic shard. Oh yeah, a few other things... No buffed spellbooks, no mystic spells, no necro, no gargoyles, no elves, no spellweaving etc. There, I saved the devs a LOT of money. Now they can fix the account age issue... ROFL! Yeah, right....
So you actually believe you can get a classic shard out of today UO by choosing to not use certain features?

Classic UO is not doable from today UO.

They have to go back in time before AoS was implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.