• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WWI Official Contest: Day Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eldorian

We're nearing the end, only a few more to go!

To enter for today (Tuesday August 12, 2008) - you simply have to put in a reply to this thread to have your name put in the hat.

20 lucky winners will receive one of the WWI cards that were given in the goody bags in Paris. The codes on the card will give you an exclusive in game Tyrael the Archangel pet and the 2nd key is a beta code to get in the WotLK beta (at some point - can't guarantee immediate access).

Next Friday (the 15th) we'll have a drawing. Each day we'll have a new thread for you to post in and answer and each day will be a new entry (for a total of 7 possible entries).

Note: Stratics staff members aren't eligible to win but are welcome to respond to the questions and participate in the thread.

Today's Topic:

Smokeywood Pastures "Fresh from our farm to your plate, it's Smokeywood Pastures wholesome goodness" has just released their new cereal "Oatlies" and want to put on the front of a box a true Azeroth Olympic champion to make people think their cereal is the Breakfast of Champions. Who do you think gets the cover spot?

K

Kinjiro

Grom Hellscream for sacrificing everything for the horde. He is a true champion. It would also be nice to honor him in some way.

K

Kazuko

I agree that Grom should be on the box first, but if they were to choose another person for the front of the box, I think it should be Thrall. I'm sure everyone else is going to choose Thrall being as he is such a prominent figure in the lore.

K

Kinjiro

Some of us just want to get in the beta really bad lol. I'd just like to see that the retail version ships with the least amount of bugs possible. Oh and of course play the Deathknight :p

T

teezlol

Uther - what other statue in Azeroth looks more heroic & olympic-y than his, come on now :p (I'm talking about the one near Sorrow Hill in WPL, of course.)

S

shadowfury

I think highlord alexandros mograine should be on be on the cover ( not to be confused with Darion mograine, his son who serves the scourge until the events at lights hope chapel). My reason being is that he fought to destroy the scourge.

Z

Zaiten

I'm going to go with Magni Bronzebeard. I always wanted to see a drunken Dwarf on the front of my cereal box.

"Feel the fury of the mountain!"

C

Cais

Rexxar, Champion of the Horde. Come on, he tirelessly wandered Desolace and Feralas for years ;P.

T

Thisel

I agree that Grom Hellscream should be on the Cereal box and on the box it should say *Free from the Legion's taint unlike other cereals* Yep beta is really important to lots of us although I doubt I will win this contest I only joined it in Day 3.

S

Serotoninzero

Wow, I totally forgot about Rexxar. Do you think they could put tiny bear marshmallows in the cereal too? Anyways, I'm going to go with High Overlord Saurfang because if he doesn't get put on the box he might just cleave all of Azeroth in half.

X

Xarris08

Leeroy Jenkins for sure. Everyone knows his name, and his amazing acts of Bravery, and Heroism.

If he, for some reason doesn't count as an Azerothian Hero, then I'd have to say Varian Wyrnn.

S

Stetzer

Drek'thar should be on the cereal box! Just don't try to lure him out of his keep during the photoshoot.

A

Asterion

Grom Hellscream: because he was a true champion who gave his life freeing his people from the curse brought about by the blood of Mannoroth the Destructor.

S

Shiftey

Rexxar- he lived on his own and would beat anyone in a triathlon since he walked from feralas to desolace for years!

J

joz123

"Cookie" McWeaksauce. Not only is his name perfect for a cereal but he also has a parrot named Ragnarose!

S

sethamun

It should be Uther, since he is simply the greatest hero there is!

B

BloodySiN

While he may not be the number one choice, I would say Arthas. Though he may have cause destruction and ruin all over Azeroth you cant deny him of his power , determination and his competitive spirit primarily why he is one of the most feared beings.

He sure didnt become that famous by being a pansy. What better champion than the LichKing himself lol.

S

sephris67

saurfang. and make the cereal nails flavored. thats his favorite

S

Ssonic19

Your player character, of course. Everybody's in game avatar has accomplished something truly Olympian at one point or another.

C

cardinall

This might be an oddball pick but I think the first person on the first server to open the Ahn'Qiraj gates should be the pick. From a lore perspective, it was a huge landmark, but from the game perspective it was even bigger. The range and scope of accomplishments required to complete that was truly epic. Plus, its a story of an unknown person rising to greatness, which always makes for good human interest.

S

Scotholemu

I'm definately going to have to go with Tirion Fording on the breakfast of champions because he fights you know who in the Beta videos with a certain awesome sword.

H

harrison1234

I think that an picture of a battle between Arthas and Illidan should be on it.

A

Abysia

Anduin Lothar, he killed Medivh and prevented how many deaths? Also he owned Ashkandi, so that pretty much makes him awesome.

E

Eonblade

I'd have to say that my choice would be Jaina Proudmoore, she had her part in saving Azeroth, and is probably the most ridiculous alliance boss to kill, the teleport is brutal.

G

Ghormrand

Only 1 Thrall reply? Thrall makes perfect sense for a Champion ...of cereal and/or other things. Rexxar is a good candidate, but Thrall is much better, imo.

J

Joshmaul

Lor'themar Theron. He:

-had to deal with the Horde invading his homeland and burning its forests,
-had to watch the Scourge destroy all in their path on the way to the Sunwell,
-had to take over for Sylvanas when she's killed by Arthas,
-was left to lead the blood elves in Quel'Thalas to an uncertain future while Kael'thas returns to the Alliance,
-found the courage to realize the Horde is the only option left for the salvation of his people despite their prior conflicts, and
-then takes charge when Kael'thas stabs everyone in the back.

Any lesser man would have turned into a dribbling lunatic after the first or second fiasco.

N

Nyaz

Well, this IS commercial stuff. We clearly need an omnipotent being that can whisper "Abandon all hope... buy the cereal... betray all your friends..." straight into the minds of the hapless little people buying this stuff.

Honestly, goblins are money-makers and don't give a **** about sportsmen.
Imagine mentally forcing your victi... er, customers buying your things! Cha-ching!

Possible people for this are:
The Lich King (...they're frosty!... abandon all hope...)
C'thun (...imagine THAT cereal cover if you like! Tentacle monster...)
A'dal (maybe without the "abandon all hope" and "betray all your friends" part...)

S

Swang

I'm going to have to go with Maiev Shadowsong or Chen Stormstout the Pandaren.

I lean towards Chen because he's a Pandaren and some people still don't believe they exist and putting a picture of him on a box would allow people to see their first Pandaren, lore wise.

And Maiev just because she's respected by all factions and kind of like the champion of justice..

V

Vlare

Rexxar will make every person in Azeroth want to buy their cereal products!

P

phoenixlord882

Prince Kael'Thas Sunstrider of the Blood Elves

Why not good red representation?

P.S. Grom Hellscream is a good idea.

EDIT: What about Saurfang? Endure the wrath of Saurfang if you don't eat the Breakfast of Champions.

M

markroberts

Master sergeant Biggins.

If someone that small can get into the champions' hall then the front cover of a breakfast cereal poses little challenge. ;)

C

CrimsonGrave666

I would have to say Thrall because anyone that has played Warcraft knows who he is and the Horde would fall apart without him. He would be the most recognizable symbol in my opinion. Well, it would be between him and Arthas - two of the biggest characters.

B

Bromide

The picture for Arthas and Illidan Battle would be a good idea aswell

:)

E

evilfox

Lokhtos Darkbargainer

Champion of stealing my money for patterns!

E

electricify

I would put Ossirian there for making the raid run so much

L

Lenneh

As much as I hate to say it... Maiev Shadowsong. She's chased Illidan all over Azeroth -and- Outland, so she'd be great to be on the cover of the cereals.

Status
Not open for further replies.