• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WWI Contest Note: Drawing Day Change

E

Eldorian

I've said throughout this contest that we would be holding the drawing Friday evening, however, I'm going to be out of town Friday and Saturday so I'm postponing the drawing until Sunday.

Last day to enter is still tomorrow, just going to be a couple days afterwards before I can announce the winners is all.

Sorry about that.

K

Kinjiro

Ah no worries mate. I of course expect to see you at midnight for the final thread! Hopefully your going out of town for pleasure and not business other that'd be a pretty boring weekend.

M

Maghica

Have fun, Eldorian :thumbsup:
and thank you very, very much for the fun times here in the contest!

J

Joshmaul

Here's hoping Stratics'll let me go 2-fer-2 in the expansion beta count! *prays to any god that will help*

B

Bobity66

Thanks for the heads up and the contest. Oh and safe travels

E

Eldorian

Pfft. What's more important a trip or WoW?

Ok... The trip.
WoW actually.

My girlfriend's sister had her wedding yesterday. And any guy who's ever dated someone for a long amount of time and one of their siblings gets married can probably vouch for how unfun that is.

S

Ssonic19

WoW actually.

My girlfriend's sister had her wedding yesterday. And any guy who's ever dated someone for a long amount of time and one of their siblings gets married can probably vouch for how unfun that is.
Ouch. Did you get the ol' elbow to the ribs?

N

Nyaz

Indeed, sunday is almost over now... (or maybe it's due to the fact that I'm european and you guys are not...?)

E

Eldorian

Indeed, sunday is almost over now... (or maybe it's due to the fact that I'm european and you guys are not...?)
It's 3 PM here... my Sunday has barely started :p

I have the judging done for the beta keys... right now I'm just waiting for the technical side of things for the WWI contest. I don't have an ETA on that as I'm waiting to get what I need. So hold tight.

N

Nyaz

Oh, alright. Well, I guess I'll see the results tomorrow morning or something :)

By the way, Eldorian, what timezone do you live in? Must be like Hawaii-somewhere :D

T

teezlol

:p

That's PST afaik, might be MST.
European here too though, yet, I still play on US servers >_>

T

Tarielen

well the good news is that if you posted on each day you have a 1 in 6 chance of winning a card (if my math is correct) which seems pretty good odds compared to the other lotteries I've played in (and lost). 877 posts total from all 7 days if someone wants to double check the math. That includes the double member posts and admin replies as part of the total so your odds are *actually* higher. Again, someone should check my math cause I'm not that good at it =P

J

Joshmaul

:p

That's PST afaik, might be MST.
Kansas City is certainly NOT Pacific time. *chuckles* It's Central Standard Time (CDT at the moment, actually, I think we're still in Daylight Savings Time for a couple more weeks).

Now Poway in sunny Southern California - that IS Pacific time. :)

B

BurningSaber

I just wanted to let you know my e-mail address because I can't remember if I put my email into this account.

[email protected]

I was pretty sure I did put in my e-mail address on this account but I want to win so bad I am double checking everything. You can check my status on [email protected] my age is valid for this contest. Thnx and good luck to everyone, though I hope I win the most!!! :D
:danceb: :danceb: :danceb:

E

Eldorian

Oh trust me, I think Stratics has been using it longer than Blizzard :p

J

Joshmaul

"Soon" is not a trademark of Blizzard - "Soon" is a trademark of the entire gaming industry. So you're safe anyway. *chuckles*

L

lolshiv

I don't know why it's taking so long, but i'm very excited anyway :D:danceb:

M

Mvucetic

Been refreshing page and checking emails for over 5 hours so far....i hope for good outcome of it :)

T

Tarielen

I'm not getting my hopes up... (or at least lying to myself that I'm not) This is the 6th contest for a beta key that I've been in and I'm still scraping at threads of hope to get in. I'm a stay-at-home mom and have become obsessed with wrath of the lich king. I want to test out my 5 70's sooooo bad (I have a lot of time on my hands.) I think the Gods of Gaming are playing a cruel joke on me, I've been trying so hard to get in and 2 of my guildmates have gotten the opt-in and they don't even give a crap about wrath. :sad2: this is my last hope of getting in....

P

penguinduude

I'm not getting my hopes up... (or at least lying to myself that I'm not) This is the 6th contest for a beta key that I've been in and I'm still scraping at threads of hope to get in. I'm a stay-at-home mom and have become obsessed with wrath of the lich king. I want to test out my 5 70's sooooo bad (I have a lot of time on my hands.) I think the Gods of Gaming are playing a cruel joke on me, I've been trying so hard to get in and 2 of my guildmates have gotten the opt-in and they don't even give a crap about wrath. :sad2: this is my last hope of getting in....
You and me both, except the whole stay at home mom part:bored:

X

Xarris08

I've had the site up all day Refreshing a good amount of times each tower. Can't wait to see if I got lucky. Never won anything like this before, so would be amazing.:danceb:

L

legolo

I'd love to see if i won anything but it is 2.30am here and i gta go out of bed at 6.15am xD so i best get some sleep, might check again in 2 hours :danceb::thumbsup:

X

xdarthduckiex

Unfortunatly, I was only able to post in one of the threads so my chances are not very high! :(
Not to mention I never win anything, even if I'm the only one entered. :bored:

Good luck, guys, and congratulations on those who are picked! :thumbsup:

W

wtfisit123

lol, eldorian isnt on right now and doesnt know the torturous suspense all of us eager and desperate gamers are going through

W

wtfisit123

that would be so cruel lol, rly dont blame em though, Northrend does sound pretty cool
WINK
HINT-HINT ;)

T

Thisel

Well, out of the 877 posts 20 players will randomly be chosen with a special program or Eldorian decides to put all the names into a hat and takes a video of it to make us suffer trying to see who won in it... Making it sound like the World... Of Warcraft will end if you do not win will not increase your chances or I too would be trying that.

And yes the World of LK Betacraft will end if I do not win.

E

Eldorian

Actually I am on... I've been working on this all day and ran into some technical difficulties. Everything is ready to run though so I'm hoping to have the raffle drawing in about 30-60 minutes and then give me another bit to contact the winners and announce.

I could have just ran through and picked 20 people, but I didn't think that would be fair and could potentially be biased. So I wanted to make sure this random thing worked fo sho and I should have been more prepared than I was. Sorry about that.