• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WOW is about all I can say

K

Kaybrielle

Its been almost 8 years since I have played UO I decided to reinstall upgrade and do the trial just to see how it was....

WOW so much has changed and it took me a bit to get use to playing again after world of warcraft...

I have met some very nice people although for the life of me dont remember their names, they saw my "young" status and helped out (which is so different from all the noob comments we saw in Brit back in 99 and 2000)

Do PK's still exist?

Tis good to play UO again though but tis a shame my old account no longer has my chars on it
that was depressive to find

G

Welcome back!!! Glad to have you!! youll definitly find alot of people here willing to help and im one of them :p
Theres been a hell of alot of changes in 8 years! some good some bad and theres going to be alot for you to learn now.
pk-ers are still around, thers just not as many on oce as there used to be.
Welcome home

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Tis good to play UO again though but tis a shame my old account no longer has my chars on it
that was depressive to find

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome back! Just incase you may remember me, i was Jessie in a guild callled Knights Templar back then.

How do you meanyou old account doesnt have your chars on it? I dont understaind. You mean you couldnt get your orig account opened again etc etc?

K

Kaybrielle

I left in july 2000 when I had my first child.... so there was no other real reason why I left. I enjoyed the game.

I remember that guild LOL not to sure if I was in it or not...

I remember my old account details but it seems that there are no longer any characters on that account according to the uo.com website account info. Not to sure if there is a way I can get them back or not. I had a few gm chars there

G

I think they did an inactive character wipe some time back, or perhaps it's a rolling wipe, I'm not sure.. Seems very hit and miss though as I know some people whose chars were saved, yet were away for longer than others who had theirs wiped. *shrug*

It's a shame, but on the plus side it seems easier to get up to speed these days than back then. About the only thing you couldn't dive right into just now would be the Rift, unless you're playing a supporting role such as spawn management (ie: benign luring) or healing.

K

Kaybrielle

Are there many guilds left here?

Or are they really none existent?

G

Welcome back to Oceania and ultima Online. If you need any help just give a shout *smiles*

K

Kaybrielle

Thanks guys for the warm welcome back...

I have had some very nice people help me get started and now I am saving for a house...... I found a spot to put one but just farming gold at present and the quests help with that.

D

Dain69

Welcome back to UO!

Hrmm i would have been Dain or Jasper back then in... VKR or OrB?

lawl didn't change much did i

K

Kaybrielle

It might help but my hubbys chars were
Troppo
Spaz
Darkaylam
Fruitloop

Yes they were all not nice chars.... But for the life of me I don't remember my names LOL

D

Dain69

I remember Troppo and Fruitloop!

Assuming he was the only well known one back then.

G

LOL im pretty sure fruitloop was the first person to ever kill me

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL im pretty sure fruitloop was the first person to ever kill me

[/ QUOTE ]

How appropriate!

K

Kaybrielle

If it makes you feel any better he would kill me constantly and never give my stuff back till I raided his account
and I am his wife LOL

K

Kaybrielle

By the way Fink I thank you very very muchly for the fire beetle....

F

five oclock

<blockquote><hr>

If it makes you feel any better he would kill me constantly and never give my stuff back till I raided his account
and I am his wife LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang..if I even think of doing that to my partner...She would probally throw the computer and the mointor and heck probally the kitchen sink at me
then she would probally kick me out and lock thy door and tell me to never come back LoL.

In her own words..Im allowed to kill anyone in UO. But her charts and if I do, Thats grounds for divorce

Now back to the subject
Welcome back! WOOT.. 8 years..Dang! How about this..Forget about UO as you know it. Just start new. Learn what you can learn about the now of the game
its changed alot. Some for the better. Some for the worse. But as the old saying goes..U can leave UO but just like gravity..its going to suck you back in sooner or later

heck get the kiddo in the game. I know alot of 8 years old that play better than most 25 year olds. The sad part is this..Most 8 year olds can pvp also better than most 25 year olds :p One of my neices just started playing. Shes 8 is why I say this. my partner had an open slot and she plays on it and well lets just say I died alot LoL. I think shes the first newbie to make 50K the first time she played.

D

Dain69

Seriously, 8 is not too young

I had just turned 5 when i made my first char, 6 when i had my own account!

Now im almost 16 and haven't left yet!

G

you trying to say us 25 yr olds are hopless there eh :p

and yeah i have a habit of calling people fruitloops when they do something a bit silly, it probably stems from being murdered by one :p

K

Kaybrielle

His brother use to play as well but I can't remember his char name either... Geez my memory is bad....

The child is banned from the computer for a week but he is not allowed to play online games as he gets too angry with them

G

Geriatrics

you know kaybrielle i still have all my accounts althoug inactive it has characters on them still
they are built up a bit more

or if anyone else wants em

K

Kaybrielle

Yeah I really had hoped my chars were still on my old account but afraid not. tis a shame but I am rebuilding and almost got my mage to gm magery now..... just got to work on my farming char.

G

Do you know that some skills can go to 120 nowadays?
I always thought my gm mage/swords char was rocking back in 2000, when i came back 04ish hehe yeah... your only gm? god what a noob :p

K

Kaybrielle

LOL yeah I have been looking at some of the magery templates people have put up and once I get all skills to 100 I will work out from there where I want the rest of the points.

My first char is a mage/fisher and the second is a mage/miner need to make a tamer/treasure hunter as well

G

gimme a yell if you need anything
i should have some stuff laying around that could help ya

G

<blockquote><hr>

I remember my old account details but it seems that there are no longer any characters on that account according to the uo.com website account info. Not to sure if there is a way I can get them back or not. I had a few gm chars there

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean when you do a character search for the character names? Cos that only shows characters that have been logged in in the past 30 days I think? I thought only way to see what characters were on your account was to log into it? (Feel free to correct me anyone - I may be wrong, I'm still new to this =P)

Welcome back by the way =D

K

Kaybrielle

My old account doesnt have a ea account which means I can not log in doesnt it???

Now I am all confused again LOL

G

In the account management area it doesnt tell you your chars.
Character must have logged in within the past 30 days to be visible on the character search on my uo.
The only way to know if they are still there is to reactivate your old account.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

In her own words..Im allowed to kill anyone in UO. But her charts and if I do, Thats grounds for divorce

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe thats cute.

K

Kaybrielle

I need to ring support for that as I cant seem to log into a EA account with that user name and password but I can log into that account on UO.com....

I have asked for the password to be sent to me but I fear the email they are sending it to has been gone for quite some time.

K

Kaybrielle

Ok I am at a loss anyone know how to contact them regarding the account I can not gain access too as it wants to put in a user name and password LOL I cant find the number to call them either...

G

OK so you cant remember the account or password for your old account?

i just logged into the ea account part of it and it askes for
* Screen Name
* Date of Birth
* Zip Code
* Billing / Payment Information:

as part of the contact us thing. Iv enot had any luck in finding a phone number as yet

K

Kaybrielle

Ok called them got it back I remember it all now LOL Storm was my main char

K

Kaybrielle

I also found my old ICQ number LOL logged in and not one person out of the many in my list are on...

Ok so my chars were Kaylam, Storm, Miss Storm I was in KSC and SDK guilds if they ring any bells

F

five oclock

off topic for a second..sorry but its a joke i just heard..

Did you hear about the 400 pound bell that fell on a mans? They could not Indentify him but they said his face rang a bell.

Im here all week....

Ok back to topic..Im still new to Ocean, so no I don't know thoses chars but its great to see people coming back
WOOOT

G

sdk were around for a while i was in it in hrm.. 04 there abouts.
They've vanished now. corns castles still stands and the guild still exists just no one does anything with any of it lol

So were all your chars still there??

K

Kaybrielle

Yup so really all I need to do is upgrade my old account and I should be good right.... LOL

G

yaaaaaaaay!! so i guess at the moment you can only go to fel &amp; tram?

K

Kaybrielle

Oh dear the PKer is coming back too I just reactivated his accounts......

Umm I can go to malas and stuff but I might look at upgrading now

G

Mondain's Legacy was the last expansion. There was also a 9th Anniversary box but I'd imagine the special offers from that have expired.

Kingdom Reborn is a new client, uses a 3D engine &amp; 2D sprites.. you can use it with the all-new UO:KR art, or use "legacy" art from the old client if you prefer. KR's basically a customisable WoW-type interface for UO, so you may or may not want to check it out.

Either way, KR's free to download and use. It won't give you further access to expansion material, so you'd still need to upgrade to ML to get the newest stuff.

I hope that all makes sense.

G

Geriatrics

<blockquote><hr>

It might help but my hubbys chars were
Troppo
Spaz
Darkaylam
Fruitloop

Yes they were all not nice chars.... But for the life of me I don't remember my names LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

lol fruitloop ?
i guess its a matter of nothing nice to say, say nothing at all

K

Kaybrielle

LOL he took mine the prick.... But now I can raid his accounts so all is good

Mishra_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have begun playing again after a four year break. Although a lot has changed, the game is basically the same. The main change is the different armour that can be found and how all my old junk is worthless.
Anyone see Caliope log-in?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Anyone see Caliope log-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now there's a name I havent seen ingame for a long long time.
In fact the last time I did see that name was on a robe I collected at a idoc.
"Crafted By Caliope"
Still got it to.