• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

worst costomer service

S

Sidfrmea-lan

i have played other games and this is the worst costomer service i have seen and i mainly play mmo games and they actually have Dev's/GM's walking in game visiting stalls(things u can sell pimped out gear in) and they dont just come in game for 2 or 3 hrs they stay in the game if you have questions or concerns if your a newbie and they keep you posted if something happens...exp if the game goes down here thats the only time we see them in game....and i aint bashing on them im just stating the truth about how they are and if you have a prob with this so let it be if someone cant speak the truth in how they run a game that is really messed up all i am tryin to say is they need to hire people who can be in game and help newbies out when needed or have questions and the people who run these forums are not EA reps they are normal people like we are they have to look up things like we do on the net for answers

G

<blockquote><hr>

i have played other games and this is the worst costumer service i have seen and i mainly play mmo games and they actually have Dev's/GM's walking in game visiting stalls(things u can sell pimped out gear in) and they dont just come in game for 2 or 3 hrs they stay in the game if you have questions or concerns if your a newbie and they keep you posted if something happens...exp if the game goes down here thats the only time we see them in game....and i aint bashing on them im just stating the truth about how they are and if you have a prob with this so let it be if someone cant speak the truth in how they run a game that is really messed up all i am tryin to say is they need to hire people who can be in game and help newbies out when needed or have questions and the people who run these forums are not EA reps they are normal people like we are they have to look up things like we do on the net for answers

[/ QUOTE ]

OOooh are we getting new costumes?!

S

Sidfrmea-lan

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

how do u get costumes our of customer service???

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

o nvm.

G

<blockquote><hr>

i have played other games and this is the worst costumer service i have seen and i mainly play mmo games and they actually have Dev's/GM's walking in game visiting stalls(things u can sell pimped out gear in) and they dont just come in game for 2 or 3 hrs they stay in the game if you have questions or concerns if your a newbie and they keep you posted if something happens...exp if the game goes down here thats the only time we see them in game....and i aint bashing on them im just stating the truth about how they are and if you have a prob with this so let it be if someone cant speak the truth in how they run a game that is really messed up all i am tryin to say is they need to hire people who can be in game and help newbies out when needed or have questions and the people who run these forums are not EA reps they are normal people like we are they have to look up things like we do on the net for answers

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how she got it....LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

i have played other games and this is the worst costumer service

[/ QUOTE ]That would imply we actually had customer service in the first place... its lack of easy accessibility has been one of the biggest problems since TSO's inception.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

i have played other games and this is the worst costomer service i have seen and i mainly play mmo games and they actually have Dev's/GM's walking in game visiting stalls(things u can sell pimped out gear in) and they dont just come in game for 2 or 3 hrs they stay in the game if you have questions or concerns if your a newbie and they keep you posted if something happens...exp if the game goes down here thats the only time we see them in game....and i aint bashing on them im just stating the truth about how they are and if you have a prob with this so let it be if someone cant speak the truth in how they run a game that is really messed up all i am tryin to say is they need to hire people who can be in game and help newbies out when needed or have questions and the people who run these forums are not EA reps they are normal people like we are they have to look up things like we do on the net for answers

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though the forum team isn't part of the Dev team, they have been around for quite some time and know most things accurately w/o having to look them up. I really hate when anybody newbs or seasoned players come into THIS forum ragging about our game and boosting up on another game. That I find tacky as hell. If ya don't like us, boogey on down the road

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how she got it....LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn! I missed that.
Another opportunity lost.

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL...Go ahead Donovan...

[/ QUOTE ]
Well............. I shouldn't, but........

OK!

Even after the edit.... it's *still* wrong!

S

Sideliner

Yeah ok....let's talke about 'other games' for a moment.

Take WoW for instance. Say you are new and don't know any better and end up developing a character on a PvP server? So you end up getting corpse camped by a bunch of characters that are maxxed out. Doesn't seem fair to you, and no one is coming to help you. So you IM a GM, their response to you is....you either start over on another server or you pay them $25 to move your character to another realm. What about name changes? They cost $25 too. And to be honest, if you look at their servers, more than half of them have extremely low populations.

Let's talk about SL, which I've been told is the #1 cybersex site on the internet. I find that unless you are part of an established 'clique' who have invested a lot of money in prop or other items, you are pretty much just SOL. Customer service? I placed ticket after ticket after ticket. Not once have they ever responded. In fact, I just went away and never played again. They don't care.

Toontown? Elevator griefers have been an everyday occurance there. Disney's never fixed that problem. Still as laggy as all get up. And once again, a lot of empty servers with just a few that are full and unless your on it, your not getting in.

Should I continue the list of games? Every online game has it's own unique problems. EAland isn't the exception to the rule and is not the worst. It is getting fixed and you either have patience or you don't.

But stop comparing it to other games, it's NOT the other games.

Let

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

i grow weary of hearing the shut up or leave the game attitude

[/ QUOTE ]

I know and as wrong as it may be, I grow weary of people that jump from thread to thread bad mouthing this game and promoting another, Thats the only ones I would say this too.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

o nvm.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just want me to bust a gut here don't ya...omg too funny. LOL

G

Ok I'm going to be serious for about 20 seconds, then I will resume my normally scheduled programming.

Its not that if someone complains it automatically means they hate the game.

Its not that people should deal with what they consider bad customer service when they are paying for a service.

But... again as I said 80 times in 80 other similar threads its delivery.

Here is how I see it. Obviously there is a reason that communication has slowed. We need to stop comparing the old TSO team to the new team. Obviously there is a reason. A bigger reason than they are pissed off at us, they have hurt feelings or any of the other things.

I don't have any advice on the bad customer service that people feel that they have been receiving over the past week, 2 weeks w/e you want to say.

But I must ask. What is yet another thread going to do to change this? There have been several.

Do we honestly believe that EA employees are lurking in the shadows waiting for the same question to be posed the right way.

Like "By God! Sid! This is the exact wording we've been waiting for. here are all of your answers!!!!!"

Come on now.

Honestly.

And Sorry Shirl... its how I roll. I like to giggle. No matter what

G

<blockquote><hr>

Let's talk about SL, which I've been told is the #1 cybersex site on the internet

[/ QUOTE ]Utterly, utterly wrong. I hate people giving out that impression.

<blockquote><hr>

Customer service? I placed ticket after ticket after ticket. I placed ticket after ticket after ticket. Not once have they ever responded.

[/ QUOTE ]I've never had problems when I've needed support from SL. However, without knowing what your problems were and how you were wording them, it's hard to know why you wouldn't get a response.

As for only being successful if you're part of the "clique"... I'm far from 'mixing in the right circles' yet I would consider myself 'virtually' successful, with a projected earning of at least $8000 from my work for this year. In that respect, I'm still right down the low end of the scale, but it is only part time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Let's talk about SL, which I've been told is the #1 cybersex site on the internet

<blockquote><hr>

Customer service? I placed ticket after ticket after ticket. I placed ticket after ticket after ticket. Not once have they ever responded.

[/ QUOTE ]I've never had problems when I've needed support from SL. However, without knowing what your problems were and how you were wording them, it's hard to know why you wouldn't get a response.

As for only being successful if you're part of the "clique"... I'm far from 'mixing in the right circles' yet I would consider myself 'virtually' successful, with a projected earning of at least $8000 from my work for this year. In that respect, I'm still right down the low end of the scale, but it is only part time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know of more people who do the whole cyber relationship thing in SL than of people who do not.

and... apparently you have to word things properly to get customer service from Linden, at least EA is consistent with none at all lately.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I know of more people who do the whole cyber relationship thing in SL than of people who do not.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not denying that there's a lot of it going on there - barely a day goes by without a new drama on the official forums from some relationship or another being plastered all over it - I'm just saying that there's a lot more to it.

<blockquote><hr>

and... apparently you have to word things properly to get customer service from Linden, at least EA is consistent with none at all lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
BTW - I bought one of your "Donavan bobble-head" dolls, and I have to say I am severely ticked off!
My pants DO NOT fall down....

...that often.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

OK!

[/ QUOTE ]Which part? The spelling? The post being one ginormous run-on sentence? Or the premises behind his argument?

S

Sideliner

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

People aren't giving out. It's a statistic that has actually been released throught the media. You earned $8K like as in real money? But see for regular old 'virtual goods' dummies like me, there isn't anything in SL for us, and I'm not the only one in that boat.

I like EAland/TSO for one reason and that's because I love the sims. I don't expect to get rich. I don't expect to shell out a bunch of money. I just expect to sit back and enjoy playing a game that has been a part of my relaxation for well over a freakin decade now?

G

<blockquote><hr>

People aren't giving out. It's a statistic that has actually been released throught the media. You earned $8K like as in real money? But see for regular old 'virtual goods' dummies like me, there isn't anything in SL for us, and I'm not the only one in that boat.

[/ QUOTE ]Unfortunately those figures often come with little to no supporting evidence, and more importantly, are just one of the few 'sensationalist' things that the media like to quote - but when was the last time they mentioned how much money the "Relay for Life" cancer event made? Or fundraising for New Orleans hurricane victims? Or the various counselling groups operating out of "Supportforhealing" island?

$8k is real money, although converted from UK currency. It's from custom builds for corporate clients. Whilst some of the big companies like Toyota have spent $100,000 on their SL builds, clearly it's out of budget for many of the smaller companies... who tend to come my way

J

Juliana

<blockquote><hr>

Take WoW for instance. Say you are new and don't know any better and end up developing a character on a PvP server? So you end up getting corpse camped by a bunch of characters that are maxxed out. Doesn't seem fair to you, and no one is coming to help you. So you IM a GM, their response to you is....you either start over on another server or you pay them $25 to move your character to another realm. What about name changes? They cost $25 too. And to be honest, if you look at their servers, more than half of them have extremely low populations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, If you created on a PvP server &amp; didnt KNOW it was PvP, then you didnt read ANYthing when you created. Its pretty specific what the differences are in the PvP, PvE &amp; RP servers.

Player vs. player realms have the same PvE objectives and content as Normal realms, but have the added element of perpetual faction vs. faction combat in most of the world. Outside of capital cities and starter areas, the various regions of the world are considered contested areas, meaning PvP combat is possible at any time. That is why you can think of the Player vs. Player realms as "war" realms. On PvP realms, you are in a constant state of war against the other faction.

As for realms being extremely low population, I have been on a low population server since I started playing in Sept. 2006, and we have 230 people in our guild alone, and we aren't even one of the larger "raiding guilds" on the server.

Every game is what you make of it, WoW, SL (which I play too), Toontown (also play) or TSO (still have 4 paid accounts here).

G

<blockquote><hr>

I really hate when anybody newbs or seasoned players come into THIS forum ragging about our game and boosting up on another game. That I find tacky as hell. If ya don't like us, boogey on down the road

[/ QUOTE ]

That is one of my pet peeves. Advertising other online games here. When we are all in limbo.

It has been insinuated that even our devs play another online game. When I read a post a few months ago that another game is what would make Lee happy. I just rolled my eyes. I wont mention the name of the game.

If you all think the others are so much better, then why are u here? Maybe they could say: There is another game that does ... I think EA Land might benefit from this.

We are all discouraged and some of us may be looking at other online games to replace TSO. Nothing will replace it though. I have played those other games and none of them are TSO. They are mostly battles. They are not the same thing. Sure they may have aspects that would work here. Why not just state that.

If they could tell us what was going on. They WOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMO

We do not need them to hold our hand. We all know enough to help others. If we do not know the answer someone else here does. The devs have given us the tools we need. We can play alone. We did it before. Or we can give up and leave.

Something big has happened at EA. We are not privy to that information. Deal with it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

yeah they are all busy sending out their resumes

[/ QUOTE ]Got proof of that? Link, or it didn't happen.

T

tresibars

I played WoW for 2 months and none of that which you posted makes any since to someone who never played mmo type games. Like me! What do some of those words mean?Perpetual Faction?? YOu would have to know the mmo jargon to understand what they are talking about? Where are the 8.5 to 9 million ppl that play Wow? I quit after 2 months of playing WoW. Why? Cuz their help system compared to EaLand is "gag" And why pay a monthly fee to be sexually and verbally assaulted. Then not know how to use the report feature. And asking for help from other players is talking to a brick wall. The whole time i played there was never anyone around to play with. The 2 best online games i have ever played was Toontown and EaLand. There are actuall ppl that work together for the reason of the game. In the 2 months I played WoW, I was in 3 guilds. They promise you the same thing.."I will help you with your quests, level" etc. But all i saw was them playing with thier own alts and leveling their own characters. So all in all.. EaLand is the best??

G

With the numbers that play, I doubt we would get any paid GMs.

Up until last week, the game has had more in game developers and communty rep than it had in its history.

If you have a question, you can ask it here and get an answer. You can go to a house full of avatars and ask.

This game is not that complicated.

S

Sidfrmea-lan

first off i aint advertising other games im just sayin i have seen better customer service then this the only time i see a dev in game is to let us know game is goin down or in game for 2hrs and for ya i been playin for a lil over 5yrs

G

In the first 900 days I played, I saw a community rep once and never saw a dev.

In the last 50 days Ive seen the Communty rep 4 times and seen 2 developers, One I saw twice.

My experience shows they have gotten a whole lot more accessable. I only went to town hall once, I was booted within 10 minutes.

People who go to town hall and dont get booted would have seen the devs a lot more than I have.

W

Wizuss

I've been thinking lately that a lot of people are having more fun playing in the forums than they do playing the game.

heh heh

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

yeah they are all busy sending out their resumes

[/ QUOTE ]Got proof of that? Link, or it didn't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pffftt!!!
I thot it was funny.

Lighten up!
Loosen yer girdle, put yer feet up, have a "Tequila Hurricane" (but stay close to the commode).

G

yeah i can promise you that i have spent a heck of a lot more time on these forums than i have in game. I think i have played a grand total of 2 hours in game since they rolled out the cap in TC3.

Yeah i know, the cap is not in ealand, but something about that cap just struck me the wrong way to the point of feelin sick to my stomach. I swear that is a true comment. So i stay up with whats going on (or the lack of anything going on i should say) by perusing the forums no less than ten times a day. Not that i was on any less when i was playing regularly hehe. Point is, now it is about ten times more than i even play the game.

I am not a negative person, but i am not much of a positive person either, i do make myself heard when i feel something needs to be said tho, positive OR negative.

This time of uncertainty with this game is starting to grate on a lot of nerves.

Those that tell us to wait and be patient are also some of those that were telling us LAST week to wait and see if we got an update LAST Wednesday before getting too stressed out.

Well that was TWO update-less Wednesdays ago, so when DO we start getting concerned.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

OK!

[/ QUOTE ]Which part? The spelling? The post being one ginormous run-on sentence? Or the premises behind his argument?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, poop - it's not funny if I have to explain it.
It started as "costumer", then got edited to "costomer" after Jackie made her joke.

G

<blockquote><hr>

In the first 900 days I played, I saw a community rep once and never saw a dev.

In the last 50 days Ive seen the Communty rep 4 times and seen 2 developers, One I saw twice.

My experience shows they have gotten a whole lot more accessable. I only went to town hall once, I was booted within 10 minutes.

People who go to town hall and dont get booted would have seen the devs a lot more than I have.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok - you can't drop just one shoe. Why the boot? Were you drunk? naked? Both?
Did you fall asleep in the aquarium? Pee in it? Draw a mustache on Pari's Sim while she was AFK?
What?

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

OK!

[/ QUOTE ]
It started as "costumer", then got edited to "costomer" after Jackie made her joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it with making fun of the OP spelling and grammer? I find that in very poor taste. If someone can't spell or correctly construct their sentences I don't think it needs to be pointed out and made fun of. Then again you might know the guy and he might not care that you are making fun of him. In that case nvm.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

OK!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it with making fun of the OP spelling and grammer? I find that in very poor taste. If someone can't spell or correctly construct their sentences I don't think it needs to be pointed out and made fun of. Then again you might know the guy and he might not care that you are making fun of him. In that case nvm.

[/ QUOTE ]
*point* *point*
*snicker* *snicker*

Sorry

G

<blockquote><hr>

Did you fall asleep in the aquarium? Pee in it? Draw a mustache on Pari's Sim while she was AFK?
What?

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG Donovan, you crack me up!!

I

imported_julilyn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Utterly, utterly wrong. I hate people giving out that impression.

then can you explain the naked avatar with the oversized talking winky that landed on my head as I was walking on a beach?

G

Second Life does have anatomically correct avatars, yes there are those that cyber in that game, but you can't tell me there aren't those in EAL that don't do it too. They just don't have the visual gratification that SL has. Not everyone in SL cybers and not everyone in EAL does.

Any online game is a matter of making it what you as the player makes it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What?

[/ QUOTE ]

You call ME drunk. *points at post above mine*

She has a talking winky on her head!!!!!

I was booted for answering questions.... I was jus tryin to hep.

FINE I am still drunk, I meant to reply to Donavan.

G

Wait a minute. Weren't you walking on the beach with Lee. I saw that post.

No wonder they arent talking, you have em walking around naked on beaches and talking through their winkys! While balancing on your head no less.

K

Kellyn

Actually I have had to e-mail customer service for tech support and always gotten help by the next day. The most recent time was just a couple of days ago. The hard part is figuring out HOW to e-mail them but they do respond in a reasonable amount of time.

J

Juliana

<blockquote><hr>

I played WoW for 2 months and none of that which you posted makes any since to someone who never played mmo type games. Like me! What do some of those words mean?Perpetual Faction?? YOu would have to know the mmo jargon to understand what they are talking about? Where are the 8.5 to 9 million ppl that play Wow? I quit after 2 months of playing WoW. Why? Cuz their help system compared to EaLand is "gag" And why pay a monthly fee to be sexually and verbally assaulted. Then not know how to use the report feature. And asking for help from other players is talking to a brick wall. The whole time i played there was never anyone around to play with. The 2 best online games i have ever played was Toontown and EaLand. There are actuall ppl that work together for the reason of the game. In the 2 months I played WoW, I was in 3 guilds. They promise you the same thing.."I will help you with your quests, level" etc. But all i saw was them playing with thier own alts and leveling their own characters. So all in all.. EaLand is the best??

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, my apologies. I am guessing since you like Toontown, maybe you are younger. I also have played that game quite a bit, but there really are TONS of kids in it. And like you mentioned about wanting help in WoW with your quests &amp; leveling, if you dont give kids the help they beg for in Toontown you get the "you stink" thing. lol Same with WoW, pretty much. People who have worked their butts off to lvl get tired of ppl not being able to do simple quests without someone holding their hand. Also since you dont know what "perpetual" means, that also makes me think maybe you are younger, it means continual, or constant. So its not read "perpetual faction" It is read "Perpetual faction vs. faction" or "constant faction vs. faction."

"That is why you can think of the Player vs. Player realms as "war" realms. On PvP realms, you are in a constant state of war against the other faction."

If you can't understand that, then Toontown &amp; EALand are definately the place for you.

I am sorry you had a bad experience there. It is a more complex game than Toontown &amp; EALand, that is for sure. But in my opinion, the challenge &amp; rewards are worth sticking with it to figure it out. I have played for a year &amp; a half &amp; have only been in 4 guilds myself. But I have never joined a guild for what they promised me.

On another note, TSO was my very first MMO, and holy crap was I lost when I started. lol And scared to death i had NOOB tattoo'd across my forehead. But I also stuck with it, and ended up having an incredible 2 years here. I LOVED IT!! I think everyone will have other games they experiment with to see if there's "something better" out there. But i think TSO is one of the best starter games you can ask for. The people are SO friendly when they realise you are new &amp; can't wait to help you out. I wish the very best for this game and every one who still plays regularly.

/end rant

Happy Simming

G

<blockquote><hr>

then can you explain the naked avatar with the oversized talking winky that landed on my head as I was walking on a beach?

[/ QUOTE ]Any online environment attracts idiots.

Like the people in WoW that spend all day spamming the chat channel with Chuck Norris statements or corpse camp "because they can", the TSO players that used to give out red links for fun then try and extort cash to remove it, or trash houses, you get people in SL whose sole purpose for existance is to annoy others.

You were just lucky it was a talking winky, and not the self replicating cubes that fill the region with porn or disgusting pictures.

Most areas that are gathering places and are properly managed have people on 'security' duty that can boot and ban people like Mr Winky, enabling those who are actually there for the purpose of the area to enjoy its facilities.

G

Sorry, Ill get us back on topic:

EALand has the worst costomer service.
[sic]

There ya go!