• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why I almost never get PK'd in Dungeons.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tyrath Cheez tactic # 741 When farming a dungeon it is best to have sentry at the dungeon entrance or at choke points that a PK must come through in order to get to the area you are farming. You get 1-2 minutes warning which is ample time to exit the area and avoid the PK. Occasionally a stealth PK will get past the sentry but over all I run about a 98% survival rate when a PK comes a hunting. (SEER) Survive Escape Evade Return. Worked in the Army and works in UO with some modification to the philosophy.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My philosophy. On the long run, they always lose. While they spend time searching for you, you carry your loads of gold, arties and scrolls home and smoke a pipe while laughing about their pathetic existence. See, this dude is proud about looting a cursed, non repairable, almost worn out Artie he picked from a corpse. How pathetic.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CheeZ Tactic #742 Burn up that bag of sending! On occasion death is unavoidable, when it clear that the odds of survival are below 70% hide, invis, smoke bomb and start sending stuff to the bank starting with the most valuable and working your way down to the least valuable items in the pack and on the paperdoll. A use last object macro will allow you to do this rather quickly. If possible after sending everything to the bank drop the BOS on a monster corpse to deny the PK even that as loot. Depending on the skill of the pk you can usually get atleast 6-7 items sent, with many you can burn up a entire 30 charges.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CheeZ Tactic #743 have fun with the PKs put on junky armor and fill your pack with absolute garbage and let slip in GC that you are farming at whatever location deep within a dungeon. My personal favorite is the very bottom of Hythloth after filling my pack with bright green snake plants from the raised beds. First it really annoys the PK to travel that far for a pack full of worthless plants, second you have made them spend time coming after you so someone else can farm in relative peace. And as a bonus you are at the bottom of hythloth and can self rez after the PK moves on and collect a couple thousand Chaga Shrooms on the bridge before going back to the tedious task of working the raised beds in my case. All in All a very worthwhile trip. The best way to get those raised bed plants out of your back back is to simply die and rez may as well have some fun and annoy the PKs at the same time :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh the musings of stealth all killing and hiding, with their other account also on a stealther with a script watching the entrance to alert anyone who comes in.

YOU GUYS know how to party man. I want to get in your vent some time and just chill with you crazy dudes.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You dont need a script. Just a second monitor. No idea why you guys always think of scripts. You simply have an eye on monitor 2 and when the message comes that you haven't been active enough, you make a step to the left or something...

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You dont need a script. Just a second monitor. No idea why you guys always think of scripts. You simply have an eye on monitor 2 and when the message comes that you haven't been active enough, you make a step to the left or something...
No need to move, just do a "bow". That way you just need to hide once, no need for stealth or much hiding.

Z

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh the musings of stealth all killing and hiding, with their other account also on a stealther with a script watching the entrance to alert anyone who comes in.

YOU GUYS know how to party man. I want to get in your vent some time and just chill with you crazy dudes.
Where did I say anything about a script? This is all legal CHEEZ and well.......... to just be blunt to low tech for HI-C to understand.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just use a uo assist macro that opens my backpack waits 5 mins opens my backpack waits 5 mins etc.
Set that up for 50 times and start it.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Love these "methods"..keep em coming. It won't be complete until someone mentions the "taped down macro key". I love that one.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Na I only use the nut and bolt on the key for mining saltpeter. None of this stuff requires a macro let alone a script.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You want crazy come visit the farm, I have ongoing deal after you sign the hold harmless agreement and drink a couple cases of beer with me, if you run out to the bull in the middle of the pasture and slap his nutts and can make it out of the pasture before he catches you, I will hand you $2000. Many have tried.......... All have failed. Risk vs Reward and all that :) I just like it for real not in a video game I play to relax ;)

zeke.jpg

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm willing to bet there aren't very many ec users in this thread.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
EC seems to crash on me a lot. Ugly as sin. Not the UO I grew up playing. It does do a lot of things Uoassist cant do though.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OH please don't turn this into a EC VS CC thread, there are only a couple hundred of those in Uhall.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
CC crashes alot for me just letting you know its not just the EC crashing.
CC crashes occasionally on me, but when I tried to make an attempt to run EC it crashes every time I hit attack last macro which is impossible to play. EC has so many advantages over CC. It is really better than any client I used playing free shards, and it is much faster. People with good connections and run EC basically disapear off my screen.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I might be wrong the implication that CC users do so for cheating purposes and the Myth that EC users don't have cheats available.
I have no idea why they wont approve other assist programs for UO when the EC does everything they can do and more.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea why they wont approve other assist programs for UO when the EC does everything they can do and more.
I'm guessing because many of them have "extra" features that are not allowed on OSI servers. Things like auto opening doors, auto bandage heals etc. I guess some of these would be up to the dev team to address though.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm guessing because many of them have "extra" features that are not allowed on OSI servers. Things like auto opening doors, auto bandage heals etc. I guess some of these would be up to the dev team to address though.
You have a point there, but if everyone had access to them I dont see the problem. Currently I cant run EC because of the crashing constantly thing. After a few emails with no replys and uninstalling/reinstalling I gave up for good using EC. Its just strange to me that people freak out about people using unapproved clients when if you ever played a free shard that allows them you would see they cant even do as many things as EC.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have a point there, but if everyone had access to them I dont see the problem. Currently I cant run EC because of the crashing constantly thing. After a few emails with no replys and uninstalling/reinstalling I gave up for good using EC. Its just strange to me that people freak out about people using unapproved clients when if you ever played a free shard that allows them you would see they cant even do as many things as EC.
get real people wouldnt use them if they didnt give them an edge. sounds like you are just making excuses. the **** is unapproved and considered cheating. it is really that simple. do people who use that **** really need it to beat the Bo? Could they not beat the Bo if they didnt have it? Why do they feel the need to run proggies that supposedly dont help?

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
get real people wouldnt use them if they didnt give them an edge. sounds like you are just making excuses. the **** is unapproved and considered cheating. it is really that simple. do people who use that **** really need it to beat the Bo? Could they not beat the Bo if they didnt have it? Why do they feel the need to run proggies that supposedly dont help?
Im not making excuses for ****. I just think there isnt any reason why they shouldnt just approve them was my point. My point was really on free shards people have multiple clients to choose from, and it really comes down to personal preference in the end or what they get used to first. Some people here prefer using EC, and thats fine. I consider people using EC vs me having an an edge, but thats another debate, and I really dont give a **** let them use their EC ill use UOA and we will see who comes out with the win.

Also I cant comment on the success of any one other than myself on possibly fighting the Bo or not. That statement is rather vague, maybe use some names and I would give my opinion on whether I think they could kill you or not. Either fight who ever it is you think is cheating, refuse to fight them, or page on them is all you can do.

Me personally I would love to know if someone was using a speeder, and they died to me. Something about killing someone cheating and they still cant win, something awesome about that.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Let's remember to please tread carefully on discussion of illegal programs and making accusations/implying that certain individuals may be using them.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's remember to please tread carefully on discussion of illegal programs and making accusations/implying that certain individuals may be using them.
NO one has has done so beyond broad brush strokes. And nothing I have posted is illegal or violates the TOS just good old fashioned low tech CHEEZ.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never said the cheats were exclusive to any client, only that it is a myth that EC users are somehow pure and don't have cheat options.
Yes but multi boxing is not illegal as long as it is attended. The only program that I am aware of that works with the EC is Pinco UI which is allowed. So yes EC users are pretty "pure" as you say, unless you can tell me of some "cheat" programs that work with the EC. Obviously don't post the names in this thread without censoring them or PM me to prove what you are on about.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes but multi boxing is not illegal as long as it is attended. The only program that I am aware of that works with the EC is Pinco UI which is allowed. So yes EC users are pretty "pure" as you say, unless you can tell me of some "cheat" programs that work with the EC. Obviously don't post the names in this thread without censoring them or PM me to prove what you are on about.
Multi boxing is ILLEGAL and it is the only one that the Dark Lady herself said so at a Meet and Greet. All the "OTHER" programs she will not make any comment pro/con.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
NO one has has done so beyond broad brush strokes. And nothing I have posted is illegal or violates the TOS just good old fashioned low tech CHEEZ.
I didn't single anyone out or say anything posted of yet violated RoC, but some posts were close.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Multi boxing is ILLEGAL and it is the only one that the Dark Lady herself said so at a Meet and Greet.
Link?

The only info I could find when the topic was addressed by the devs was this THIS. (from a meet and greet strangely enough.)

Last edited: