• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where is the FUN

• Thread starter mysticlisa516
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

mysticlisa516

I want to know where the fun is in the game now?

The devs have decided to slowly take any $ making opportunities away. They are now putting a cap on what we can earn. They have messed with log in to where many cannot get in the game, or can only play one of their sims.

And don't give me the garbage about bots. Bots are not ruined the game, it was the exploit that was not fixed for several months.

And get rid of the cash out feature. It's not worth the frustrations.

When there was mention of starting the game anew, I was excited because I thought they would introduce new items to interact with. But all we have is CC that just stands there and looks pretty.

I am becoming disheartened in this game very quickly. And don't tell me to go to free play. How will that help if I free play or cancel. They still lose my money, and if too many players do that: bye bye game.

When are the devs gonna actually start putting fun back into the game? If I wanted only a chat room for social, I can go to a free program to do that.

C

Cruz Cavera

What kind of "fun" are you wanting? The Devs are working on serious stuff to help get the game up on it's feet. They still have a lot of work to do which will take a lot of time. The main priority right now is to take care of the Botters so we can have higher payouts. You were even in Town Hall yesterday when Greg said once Botting is taken care of for good that payouts will rise.As for the CC, I think it's great, thanks to it we are able to customize our houses. It's better than going to different houses and looking at the same objects, plus it's a hell of a lot more than we had about a year ago. With it I have been able to make some pretty cool themed houses. As for the "fun" I am not sure what to tell ya, lol. I am having fun and making the most of my time in EA-Land.

G

Do you really think the botters will be gone for good? They are in TC3 right now finding what raises the pool so they can change the botting software.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

Do you really think the botters will be gone for good? They are in TC3 right now finding what raises the pool so they can change the botting software.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish I could yes, but honestly I do not know. But I think they will take care of some of it. Also, how do you know they are changing the software?

M

mysticlisa516

Greg even said that they will never completely get rid of botters. So are the majority of the players to suffer all the while.

By fun, I mean NEW items that we can INTERACT with. Screw the botters, they never have bothered me and my game, its the devs doing that.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

Greg even said that they will never completely get rid of botters. So are the majority of the players to suffer all the while.

By fun, I mean NEW items that we can INTERACT with. Screw the botters, they never have bothered me and my game, its the devs doing that.

[/ QUOTE ]
We can interact with the CC. We can sit on some of it. What else are you wanting? What is it that YOU have in mind?

M

mysticlisa516

Geez, what do you want it spelled out. How about new skilling items, new single $ making items, new group items, new interactions with people, etc. Chairs ain't crap. Half of them are lousy in comfort and give no benefit to the game. I want something new TO DO. Is that too much to ask for? I guess so, since this must be the last damned thing on their list.

I

imported_Pieke

<blockquote><hr>

What kind of "fun" are you wanting? The Devs are working on serious stuff to help get the game up on it's feet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, tell me, why don't we remark this?

K

krazykara

I understand where you are coming from. I would like to see those added as well. I have no clue how to do custom content, so I am kind of stuck in that derpartment. I am hoping for a very simple step by step guide so I can try it out. But so far nothing yet.
New money objects would be cool. I am not real big on the job thing right now and like doing the single money objects. At least with them when you visit other lots that do them you can chat with other players. Can't really do that with group money objects. When you are doing the jobs, not many really chat until the breaks come in.
Even some new furniture, walls or something would be nice.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

Geez, what do you want it spelled out. How about new skilling items, new single $ making items, new group items, new interactions with people, etc. Chairs ain't crap. Half of them are lousy in comfort and give no benefit to the game. I want something new TO DO. Is that too much to ask for? I guess so, since this must be the last damned thing on their list.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, well I am sure complaining about it will make all your dreams come true. Have you thought about trying a different game? Seems like you are unhappy with EA-Land.

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

Also, how do you know they are changing the software?

[/ QUOTE ]Are you serious? It's what they do.

M

mysticlisa516

First of all, I have tried other games and don't like them. Many of them are too much sex or violence. Second, yes, I am unhappy at the moment. But I have invested too much time on my sim to give up. But don't get me wrong, me and my 4 accounts won't take too much crap on them concentrating on the botters.

They need to think about what everyone wants, not the selected few. Many that I have talked to says the botters never did mess with their game, it was the unfixed exploit.

Has the devs thought that maybe if they introduced new items (since not everyone can do CC) maybe the griping would calm down a bit while they do concentrate on botters. Just GIVE us a little extra is all I'm asking, instead of all the TAKING that they are doing.

N

Natalius Lynn

<blockquote><hr>

First of all, I have tried other games and don't like them. Many of them are too much sex or violence. Second, yes, I am unhappy at the moment. But I have invested too much time on my sim to give up. But don't get me wrong, me and my 4 accounts won't take too much crap on them concentrating on the botters.

They need to think about what everyone wants, not the selected few. Many that I have talked to says the botters never did mess with their game, it was the unfixed exploit.

Has the devs thought that maybe if they introduced new items (since not everyone can do CC) maybe the griping would calm down a bit while they do concentrate on botters. Just GIVE us a little extra is all I'm asking, instead of all the TAKING that they are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Botters made it easy for people to make money in game by selling it ILLEGALLY on ebay. So did they "mess" with the game? Oh, yes, they did. Stop being selfish, the focus isn't going to be on you ALL THE TIME. They're trying to better the game, and fix what should've been fixed YEARS ago. And i'm damn glad they're doing it, whether or not we have to suffer a few months through it.

Don't people have better things to do than sit around and gripe about things?

Here's an idea: Write a nice email to the devs explaining your concerns. They'll read it and take it into consideration, i'm sure.

M

mysticlisa516

<blockquote><hr>

Here's an idea: Write a nice email to the devs explaining your concerns. They'll read it and take it into consideration, i'm sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO How many times do we hear that they dont respond to email or PMs. If I send a polite email, how do I know if they will consider it. Seems like they dont tell us anything until they have already fudged it up.

And its not only me wanting these things. Hell, If you would actually listen to players you might get a clue. I hear all the time that the game isn't fun anymore, just more of a job, and that was not their intent in paying for a game.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
They are working on it, awhile back they added some girl to the team to help pull all of the objects from The Sims to EA-Land. I forgot her name and I am too lazy to browse around on the Blog.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Also, how do you know they are changing the software?

[/ QUOTE ]Are you serious? It's what they do.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh no, surely you must be mistaken - I'm quite sure they are moping at their keyboards crying because "those darn Devs at EA really outsmarted me this time."

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them have fixes in the works right now.

hey! Maybe EA should hire them, since they have more knowledge of botting than EA does.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Screw the botters, they never have bothered me and my game, its the devs doing that.

[/ QUOTE ]...and why are the devs doing that? Because of the botters. So to claim that botters are not bothering you and your game is patently false. Just because botters haven't moved into your house and set up camp in your living room doesn't mean they haven't been affecting yours, my, and everyone else's game in some way. The very fact that we are having to deal with these changes in the first place is a loud, clear testament to that!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah hahahahahahahahahaha!!!! What a side splitter!

Thank you so much for that laff - it really made my day.

M

mysticlisa516

Ok, let me try to explain where I'm coming from. The reason I said that botters didnt mess with my game is because:

They don't scam me out of my $.
They only sell $ that was made, and it wasn't really that much to upset the whole game.
The only reason EA wants to concentrate on the botters is so that we have to use the ATMs to get anywhere in the game.

What upset the whole economy was the exploit that they refused to fix for months.

Yes, curb as many botters as you can, but do this without punishing the community as a whole (and that is exactly what they are doing at this moment).

All I'm asking for is new items. And the lady that was hired to do so, why is it taking her so long? Does she not know how to code. EA has been open for months now and no new items yet.

G

Yesterday in the TH I said to Greg, "I miss the days in the pub when you would share your vision of the games future with us, is there anything you can share with us today?" This question was quickly overruled by the group in favor of the days hot topic. I said "you all remember that when you get mad that no one tells us whats coming."

So anyway I did talk to Greg about this and there are many cool things coming. Several of them come from the wiki, so if you want something implemented into the game that is the place to do it. If you want "fun" write a fun design.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, you have made that point (with extra emphasis on your four accounts) abundantly clear during the Town Hall meeting yesterday. In fact, it's about all I heard you say. It did not appear you were paying any real attention to what Greg was saying, or any of the the answers being given. It seemed to me your only purpose for being there was to communicate your intention to take your four accounts and go home if the devs didn't change the game to suit you.

Why do you even have four accounts if your primary motive in the game is to interact with other sims?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish I could yes, but honestly I do not know. But I think they will take care of some of it. Also, how do you know they are changing the software?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested to know that also. If you overheard anybody talking about it, then I hope you reported them....if not you're indirectly encouraging them with your indifference and inaction.

I

imported_Trudymac

Yeah, I almost laughed at that as hard as I do when people continue to delude themselves into thinking that this is primarily being done because of bots.

It is being done because US REGULAR PLAYERS would bankrupt the game in short order if cash outs were enabled WITHOUT some sort of earning limits.

Again, for me, this is not so much about the change itself, it's about being handled with kid gloves.

And yeah OBVIOUSLY if you have half a brain and can foresee that the botters are probably already trying to figure out how the system works, you are probably a botter or have overheard a botter (because they go from house to house babbling about their plans, obviously!)

Couldn't possibly have reached that conclusion through common sense, could we now?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Have any of the players you talked about come HERE and suggested anything constructive? Most of them I bet not, so who do they have to blame that their opinion wasn't counted? THEMSELVES. And don't give me the 'not everybody can do CC' crap because it isn't true. Anybody who wants to can learn, or if you don't want to you can get into making custom craftables the way I have. All that takes is skilling time....but again players don't want to put the work into it, they want something they can get for little or no effort. To me that doesn't = fun, that = lazy. I want a game that I am challenged in, that I actually have to THINK about how to suceed and navigate around the various barriers. That's the main reason I only play TS2 in short spurts. The cheats make it too easy to get through it to your end goal for a family. When I do play I usually play my legacy family where cheats are not allowed. If you want no challenge, an easy road and to play by your own rules, then I respectfully suggest that an offline game coupled with an IM chat program so you could socialize with friends might be more your style.

G

Let me remind you all that every single one of these anti-botter features and projects are for the protection of EA not us- the players. Why do they need protection? Because of the cashout feature!

Botters have ALWAYS been in the game and they were dealt with along with money exploiters to keep gameplay fair. Things have changed, however, with the upcoming cashout feature- it's not about making the game fair- it is about protecting the game from financial failure.

The problem is the ATM's. EA introduced them for increased marginal revenue OBVIOUSLY. That's all fine and dandy, but I am completely unaware of any benefits of the cashout feature. It is making for a very cautious group of developers who believe the only protection is low payouts and high prices.

***I am not criticizing anyone involved with development. I am pointing out what I feel is the problem with the current changes being made. I have gone to Town Hall and Greg was great! I KNOW I am unaffected by bots so please save yourself the effort in trying to convince me otherwise.

M

mysticlisa516

Yes, I heard Greg, and the more I thought about it, it just dont make sense. And who said that my PRIMARY goal is to interact with others, you have no clue in what my goals are in the game. If that was my goal, hell, I could go to a free chat room.

I do interact with some, but I also have other goals that include $, and its going to be more impossible to be able to reach those goals. I want to play a GAME, not be forced to social on the days that I want to be quiet. Who is EA to dictate my game for me.

I do believe that there are goals in any game according to the script of the program. But when devs decide to change the script 180 degrees, they better be prepared for those that oppose that action.

All I've ever wanted was new things to do. Not the same old crap with lower incentives.

Clear enough for ya?

G

Botters made it easy for people to make money in game by selling it ILLEGALLY on ebay. So did they "mess" with the game? Oh, yes, they did. Stop being selfish, the focus isn't going to be on you ALL THE TIME. They're trying to better the game, and fix what should've been fixed YEARS ago. And i'm damn glad they're doing it, whether or not we have to suffer a few months through it.

Don't people have better things to do than sit around and gripe about things?

[/ QUOTE ]

First off it was NOT illegal to sell on ebay nor illegal to purchase it on ebay what is illegal is a player using a bot to gain money to sell on ebay. just seems if the dev's read people's bios they could find who is using bots. some have been advertising the sale of simoleans on their bios since ea land opened. so they could have accounts that are used for botting. really how many non bot players could make that kind of simoleans that fast to have enough available for sale? Yes they need fun things in this game for some of us to do since not all are talented enough to figure out how to cc. This game is becoming more and more for the store owners. Sorry, but some don't concider it selfish to want to just play this game the way we like playing. More can and should be done since these are all the same developers who first developed this game and knows exactly how the game can work and be played. (yes the same developers they are not new like some lead us to believe they are.. look in your owners manual from the first game you bought and will see all but one or two are exactly the same people) as far as this cap on money i really don't understand it too well yet, but don't like being told we have to spend money so we can make money while playing what we like to play.. or is this just another way to force players into purchasing "simoleans" off of ea or 'botters'.

M

mysticlisa516

I have the skills to craft,,,boring to me. I have to have someone to sit with me to learn CC (my style of learning). There is no one here to do that. So, any more suggestions? And please don't write a book if you do have some. Clear and concise statements would be just fine.

G

bs not everybody understands the concept of cc happy for you if you do. i for one don't get it at all and don't even go down the skill road since you don't need skills to cc as most of my characters are fully maxed in skills and i still can't do it

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, you have made that point (with extra emphasis on your four accounts) abundantly clear during the Town Hall meeting yesterday. In fact, it's about all I heard you say. It did not appear you were paying any real attention to what Greg was saying, or any of the the answers being given. It seemed to me your only purpose for being there was to communicate your intention to take your four accounts and go home if the devs didn't change the game to suit you.

Why do you even have four accounts if your primary motive in the game is to interact with other sims?

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen.

G

Anyone can learn CC. We do beginner classes on Sunday, we just finished this weeks class. No one can know if they cant learn unless they try.

M

mysticlisa516

I have tried, and I got frustrated. Who the hell are you to say that ANYONE can learn? I don't understand it, and I never will unless I have someone beside me at my computer showing me step by step. And you writing in a room doesn't do me any good. I am so tired of people telling me what I can and can't do. And why should I HAVE to learn, I'm really not interested in it. Point and click does me just fine. That's why I want new items to interact with.

Jesus, I am so tired of the CC talk,,,NOT INTERESTED!!!!! Got it?

G

I totally understand where you are coming from. CC is not easy... and a lot of people do not have time to learn. (Recoloring is not nearly as satisfying as producing a unique object that looks like it belongs in the game.) I hope the Devs are working on new features that will catch your interest! I know not every aspect of the game is for everyone.

T

Terra Pin

<blockquote><hr>

Anyone can learn CC. We do beginner classes on Sunday, we just finished this weeks class. No one can know if they cant learn unless they try.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww... sorry I missed that! What time and every Sunday? And I was told I have to reinstall Sims 1 to be able to create anything, is that true?

G

Hey now, attacking me isnt gonna get you anywhere. If you have decided you cant learn then you never will its that simple. Personally I dont care if you learn, if you dont, if you play, if you dont. What you do with your time is your business. I'm sick of alot of things, but I assume you dont care what I'm sick of either. Got it?

G

Yes you need to have the Sims 1 installed.

Classes are on the weekends at Custom Content Classroom. Toby is very patient and helpful and will post hours on the boards and in his Sim info!

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

I have tried, and I got frustrated. Who the hell are you to say that ANYONE can learn? I don't understand it, and I never will unless I have someone beside me at my computer showing me step by step. And you writing in a room doesn't do me any good. I am so tired of people telling me what I can and can't do. And why should I HAVE to learn, I'm really not interested in it. Point and click does me just fine. That's why I want new items to interact with.

Jesus, I am so tired of the CC talk,,,NOT INTERESTED!!!!! Got it?

[/ QUOTE ]
What I don't understand is.. People complained about not having Custom Content or anything new for that matter. As soon as we do get something, you have to complain about that. It's never ending.

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww... sorry I missed that! What time and every Sunday? And I was told I have to reinstall Sims 1 to be able to create anything, is that true?

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't know that. I "gave" all my Sims 1 stuff to my niece...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the next beginner class will be next Sunday at 1pm central. We have advanced classes on Saturdays. Look for updates to class times in the CC forums.

M

mysticlisa516

I apologize. But who are you to say ANYONE can learn. You are not me and do not understand where I am coming from. But who am I anyways, I'm not one of the one's that the devs listen to. So, either I quit or I deal with what the selected few want in the game and get listened to.

New items, I doubt they will be here in the next year. All the devs want to do is make the game more complicated for others to play.

I

imported_TraciRK

TTL

OK, I have just built a money house and I have never really had any experience with botters as I usually run a service house. So, are there tells as to who are botters that I should be aware of? I have played pizza until my sim won't and I go green. Do the bots green? I mean obviously if they are discussing it in front of me I have Lee, Luc and Greg bookmarked so I can send them a message but as far as other ways to tell, help we be appreciated.

Maybe one of you that have been around a while can write a forum on how to tell if someone is exploiting the game?

We would all love to have new things in the game and I must say that they have been gradually putting some in. Yes, cc was first but I assume that is realitvely easy to incorporate where as jobs and objects would probably require more time. I was panicked yesterday with the cap but after talking it out with some friends in game, I have calmed down a lot and am going to wait and see.

Also, I emailed Lee asking that perhaps he take a poll of the subscribers to see who actually WANTS the cash out feature. I'm not sure freebies can use this feature is why I excluded them. I for one use my money to build more lots and help out friends and would never want to cash out. I suggested doing a vote like we did with the simolean name. I think he would find the majority feel this way and it might also give them a heads up on who they should be watching as far as exploits.

I didn't make it to townhall yesterday because of a funeral but some friends did and filled me in and really helped to relieve some of my panic. I teach and that is a social so will help my cap, I have friends that I interact with, I like to buy lots and build, so each lot i buy raises my cap and when i build on it it raises it more. And other things that have been discussed to death. I apologize for freaking out yesterday, put it down to mob menatility and upset at burying a 23 year old friend.

I

imported_Trudymac

She isn't complaining about it's existence.

She is complaining that she is tired of being told that CC is a remedy for her.

She's tried it, it doesn't work for her.

I too get a bit tired of hearing "Well *I* am happy and *I* play *such and such style*. Why aren't YOU happy?!!"

G

Maybe the Devs will introduce a new interaction that will help knock the chip off your shoulder. Most of these people are "trying" to usnderstand and maybe help, but your attitude is so confrontational, why would anyone really care or want to help. Maybe this is really the reason the devs aren't listening to your quiestions or complaints at town hall or in emails.

Yea I know STFU, I don't understand you... and you're right.... I don't

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO How many times do we hear that they dont respond to email or PMs. If I send a polite email, how do I know if they will consider it. Seems like they dont tell us anything until they have already fudged it up.

And its not only me wanting these things. Hell, If you would actually listen to players you might get a clue. I hear all the time that the game isn't fun anymore, just more of a job, and that was not their intent in paying for a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't guarantee you if you write that e-mail that they will read it and immediately implement what you want, or even implement it within 6 months or a year, BUT I can guarantee you that sending that e-mail, or posting on the Wiki gives you a much higher probability of being heard and considered than here. They don't HAVE to post here....this site is not officially affiliated with EA any longer, it is a fan site. The only places they MUST read is their blog, the Wiki and those e-mails. So the ball is back in your court. Do you want to actively take steps to be heard or do you just want to play the "They're not listening to us (me)!!!" victim card?

M

MysticNyte

The fun u'r talking about is prob the same fun I think about....

As a returning founder this is what I've found in the game...Now called EALand...

We have the same skills we've had since the start of TSO to work on.

We have the same 4 jobs we've had since the start of TSO to go to work to.

We have the same money making objects we've had since the start of TSO, that now pay virtually nothing to sit and play at.

I wanted a game to play when I first started TSO...I quit because it turned into a virtual chat game more than anything.

I still want a game to play and other than the CC, I don't see them discussing anywhere where they are going to add actual game content to it to improve the "FUN" aspect of the game.

M

mysticlisa516

First of all, I had a good attitude in Town Hall last night. Got information, and the more I thought about what was told to me, don't like it.

So, you are telling me that either I like CC or STFU, huh? I don't like CC, all you can do with it is decorate or sit in a damn chair. Not fun for me, sorry.

I just want new items. And this was suggested for a long while before they opened EA. But CC was put at the top of the list. Fine, but what about those that don't like CC? What are we supposed to do?

M

mysticlisa516

Tried to work wiki, but couldn't navigate it. Very poorly set up. IMHO

T

Terra Pin

Thanks for the info guys
I'll try and hit a class sometime soon.