• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When you knew you were hopelessly addicted...

• Thread starter UODevTracker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Stephen_Mythic

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never had any instances that I can remember where I mistook real life for UO, however, I knew I was addicted back in 1998 when I would pretend to be sick to stay home from school.

I'd then load up UO on my old 200 mhz pentium with my rockin 28.8 baud connection and mine all day long with an occasional break to go kill fellow miners on my Dread Lord, haha. How cruel of me :<

Stephen_Mythic

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hooked on UO since the first day. It was a D&D kinda fantasy world.. that wasn't D&D and wasn't taxing on my imagination.

Hard to believe how far computers have come, since the time of the 33Mhz processor. Man, I thought that was just the ticket..... until the next week when they came out with the 45Mhz processor.
( I would have talked about my old tandy, but I figure most wouldn't know what the heck that was. Pixel candy has come a long way since then.)
LOL heck yeah Tandy! My father had one with the 8 inch tan and black monitor. When I was real young, I used to play some little pixel helicopter game where you bombed little houses and shot small pellets at opposing air craft. Good times!

Stephen_Mythic

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rescue Raiders? The one where you can buy and send ground troops to take over the enemy bases?
Haha nah, it was even simpler than that. You literally were just a little pixel copter that shot pellets and dropped a bomb or two on target buildings, that was it! The copter even sounded like a high pitched lawnmower, haha. My apologies for hijacking this thread to talk about oooold school gaming. Continue on with posts about the best game EVAR!!!