• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would make the game fun again?

G

How fun! I'd love to play "Simopoly." One of the cards could be "Die at Factory Job thanks to AFK loser- Lose a Turn."

I think that's what DGLita is looking to do with this thread- find other people who are interested in creating new ways to have fun in EA Land, and get us all together to do something about it!

I'm all in for a "Game Commission!"

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

How fun! I'd love to play "Simopoly." One of the cards could be "Die at Factory Job thanks to AFK loser- Lose a Turn."

I think that's what DGLita is looking to do with this thread- find other people who are interested in creating new ways to have fun in EA Land, and get us all together to do something about it!

I'm all in for a "Game Commission!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely Culbert, and im prepared to 'put my money where my mouth is'. Im currently discussing with Jasmine how we can set this up together

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

There is only 4 things to do in this game. They need to add more stuff I have only played 2 months and it is boring.

I have already suggested many things.

Deep Sea Fishing
Scuba Diving
Wild Game Hunting
Quest (For rare items)
Cars to drive

This game needs more stuff to do!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably enjoy quest. Depending on what the quest were.

All of the others you listed I'd find dreadfully boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would add

<u>Sailing</u> (Which could be a fun sim job, we could work our way up to sailing larger and larger ships)
<u>Swimming</u> in the ocean (which goes with Scuba Diving)
<u>More hats</u> (so want some crowns, kk have listed this before)
<u>Sunglasses</u> for the beach.
<u>Surfing</u>

I would love quests.

I also think that when you get to level 10 of a job, u get a rare. Something to take home....a robot from the factory.....a special fridge from the dinner........

We need more sim jobs.....forget the disco tooo boring...need more interaction jobs.....maybe the dinner job after level 10 you can become dinner owner and have to seat people or buy the food something that would take some thought.

We are waiting for so much now, that the devs have said is coming.....waiting.....waiting.....

Right now I think there is really only one thing to do ......... make money before they make the payouts even lower.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm.
Higher Payouts
New Skills
New Skins
New Heads
New Pets (i want a basset hound.)
New Floors
New Wallpaper
New Build Objects
New Deco
New Plants

I'll think of more...

...wait for it...

That's right.
Love Vendors.

---Edit To Add: And you know you want them too
---

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep Yep all good ideas and all needed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Fun seems to be the missing ingredient in the game right now, so what can we do to make the game fun again?

There are no specific goals in the game, its down to the players to make the goals. So how about organising ourselves into a group event spread over several lots?

Would anyone be up for this? and what ideas can you come up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

The game is fun. It's all about how you play the game. That is where the fun comes in. I have fun in game all the time, don't you?

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

There is only 4 things to do in this game. They need to add more stuff I have only played 2 months and it is boring.

I have already suggested many things.

Deep Sea Fishing
Scuba Diving
Wild Game Hunting
Quest (For rare items)
Cars to drive

This game needs more stuff to do!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably enjoy quest. Depending on what the quest were.

All of the others you listed I'd find dreadfully boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would add

<u>Sailing</u> (Which could be a fun sim job, we could work our way up to sailing larger and larger ships)
<u>Swimming</u> in the ocean (which goes with Scuba Diving)
<u>More hats</u> (so want some crowns, kk have listed this before)
<u>Sunglasses</u> for the beach.
<u>Surfing</u>

I would love quests.

I also think that when you get to level 10 of a job, u get a rare. Something to take home....a robot from the factory.....a special fridge from the dinner........

We need more sim jobs.....forget the disco tooo boring...need more interaction jobs.....maybe the dinner job after level 10 you can become dinner owner and have to seat people or buy the food something that would take some thought.

We are waiting for so much now, that the devs have said is coming.....waiting.....waiting.....

Right now I think there is really only one thing to do ......... make money before they make the payouts even lower.

[/ QUOTE ]

A quest woudl be great, have you got any ideas for one? And I agree about needing more job tracks too

G

Quests and tasks is a design already being worked on see the wiki here. This is one of Gregs favorite projects and he has several comments on the discussion page. I talked to him about it a couple weeks ago and he said its close to completion.

G

OMG quests would be so fun!!! It shouldn't be too hard to implement, there we quests of sorts in the sims 1 making magic expansion (forgive me if someone has already said this).

Woot!! Bring on the quests!

I

imported_Spacey

<blockquote><hr>

Money generates fun...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is why my fun level has gone down. I miss building, decorating, roof art...etc.

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness, doesn't speak for me! Forget mystic trees... give me a money tree that grows about 5k every day.

G

I have an idea I think would be fabulous
Taking back the game….no more waiting on the Devs to bring back the lava game…we have all the means right here to make our own fun!

CC Statue Awards Ceremony!!!!

I intend to MC the first CC Statue Awards Ceremony, what I need is participation inside and outside of the game. I need help in the following:

I have a size 8 lot I can empty completely to hold this, I will be the one holding the prize cash and awarding it. (to those who are thinking “scammer!”…understand I am Avyi here and in the game, I do NOT intend on scamming one person…I will simply be the trustee of the funds until they are dispersed properly, plus I’m posting this on a public forum, I am not asking for any payment to do this, and will not take any, I am close to quitting this game, and have found a way to stay in it)
Website and Web designer that can provide for the following:
• Voting poll
• Screen shots by the “photographers”
• Forum
Photographers
• For taking screen shots of the participants with their CC’s
• For taking screen shots of the winners
Judges (would LOVE to see such players as Thrill and BlackShadow as a Judge)
• 6-10 of them I think is adequate (input welcomed)
• Nominated via forum
• Voted on via poll
• Not able to participate with ANY CC they have uploaded by ANY SIM under their control, period.

There will be Categories (needing input on this as well, so far came up with some basics) Each Category will have it’s own Award Ceremony
1. Most Original
2. Most Scary
3. Sports
4. Animal
5. Cartoon
6. Widely known product

Participation
• 30 per category
• Entry Fee $1,000 in currency (forgive the dollar symbol)
1. Sim/Avatar gives CC of their choice and pays entry fee to CCAwardsAvyi
2. MUST have 30 participants of that category before moving forward, first to sign up, first to be added.
3. All 30 participants of that category will have screen shots added to the website
4. All 30 participants of that category be voted on via poll
5. After the voting : the 20 highest will be voted on again via poll (the screenshots of those who have been voted out will be moved to an archived area)
6. After that voting : the 10 highest will be voted on again via poll (the screenshots of those who have been voted out will be moved to an archived area)
7. The highest 5 from the previous vote will be voted on via the Judges

Prizes
• Cash (forgive the dollar symbol)
Placement

1st $10,000.00
2nd $8,000.00
3rd $6,000.00
4th $4,000.00
5th $2,000.00

for the Ceremony itself:
the results will be posted via website
date/time set for Ceremony
Judges
MC
and winners will be let in early via admit list
doors open
Ceremony begins

So, whatcha say fellow Simians??? (pun intended…hehe)

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/sims/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=740200&amp;Main=740172#Post740200

G

thank you!
BUT...really need outside help...I work 40+ hours a week in RL...really needing a website/builder for the first step

I

imported_CrazyGirl

<blockquote><hr>

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness, doesn't speak for me! Forget mystic trees... give me a money tree that grows about 5k every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Money Tree! Money Tree! Money Tree!

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

Fun seems to be the missing ingredient in the game right now, so what can we do to make the game fun again?

There are no specific goals in the game, its down to the players to make the goals. So how about organising ourselves into a group event spread over several lots?

Would anyone be up for this? and what ideas can you come up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the game fun. Otherwise it's illogical to pay for it.

But I'm all for group gatherings.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Jasmine I would love to make a monopoly lot. Think it could still be made practical with the itmes we have now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, as long as you can purchase tip jars, message boards, floor tiles, and card tables!

If ya want, I'll let ya know how I did it! With CC implemented, it could be even better now! I'd love to see it re-implemented again- my roof even looked like a monopoly game! Only I called mine "Simopoly" I think *laugh*..

Jasmine Moon

[/ QUOTE ]

IM/PM me or I can give you my email address if that would be easier. That would be awesome. I will be buying a lot soon so I can build Simopoly on it. Can't wait.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Money generates fun...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is why my fun level has gone down. I miss building, decorating, roof art...etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

That could be an anniversary gift!! And can only grow with special fertilizer.

M

MonaLittlemore

I think the fun in the game is what you make of it
I have fun by just playing it and giving myself goals to meet
But for some paople thats not enough and I guess they need to be given things to do to have fun ..Like the lava game and stuff..Also theres some people who wouldnt have fun if you gave it to them as a gift ...To those people all I know to say is , go to a movie or do something outside of the game and come back when you feel like having fun &gt;:)

I

imported_Spacey

Hey Mona
That sounds like me... The one who likes the lava game for an added thing to do. I've definately lost the fun. But, I don't have the heart to leave the game and I will be sticking around til the end. I am looking forward to the future and hoping that it sparks my interests just as it did before.

It's tough when you don't have that much time to play anymore... and I know that IS most of my problem. *sigh* My schedule just doesn't allow it. Its been this way for a few years now. I miss DJing during gaming too. I basically took a 2 year break....logging on only a handful of times to see if I catch anyone online.

I'm up for anything to bring something fun, exciting, silly, goofy, encouraging, off the wall...etc... to the game that us players can put together. I am dying for a reason to have that "I can't wait to log on" feeling again. Just let me know.. I'm Spacey in EAL... I have other sims that I can't remember at the moment. I'm broke as a joke, but can help in other ways... I make CC...which would be even more fun with money to order it with.

Like I've said before... money DOES buy sim (ack, avatar) happiness for Spacey. Oh helz yes it does!

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

See *THATS* what I'm talkin' 'bout people! Jackie's on board!

*looks around like Jerry Maguire*

You *KNOW* you all are too!

... seriously, I'm just trying to make people laugh so we all don't be pixilated frown lines from all the sad threads ... maybe I need more LOLcats.

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean you weren't serious about the 'Love Vendors'?????

...and after I submitted my application, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Ok, you're my first male love vendor! HIRED! :p

[/ QUOTE ]
Sooooo, do i get, like, a badge? Or a uniform....?
Is there a training program?

(Can't wait for my first "2 for 1 sale"!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

*hands donovan and badge that reads "Love Vendor #1"*

your uniform consists of black leather pants and a black leather vest with a biker hat.

for the training program, please see jackiee :p

...i feel like i've opened a bottle i won't be able to close...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Quests and tasks is a design already being worked on see the wiki

[/ QUOTE ]

The trouble with the quests we already have in the game (such as Lava Lamp, I see that as a quest) is that you stand to "lose" something if you don't do it.
(Everyone else will have these rare very expensive lamps but you won't.)

Would be fun if we had quests that only paid a little money or something "non-rare" so we'd just be doing them for the fun of it, not as a necessity. If you know what I mean.
Haven't checked the wiki page yet, just wanted to say this since it popped into my head.

M

MonaLittlemore

Its always good to see an old player back Spacey
Especially at the boards *Chalkboards that is ..I am so easy to have fun all I need is to make money at the boards ..And talk to freinds...And a lot of the time I dont even talk ..Just lurk around lol..I also find myself going to all the stores at the end of the day looking at all the CC *drool hanging out my mouth* ..Stuff I cant afford yet..Must do more boards...boards....:)

M

mysticlisa516

<blockquote><hr>

I think the fun in the game is what you make of it
I have fun by just playing it and giving myself goals to meet
But for some paople thats not enough and I guess they need to be given things to do to have fun ..Like the lava game and stuff..Also theres some people who wouldnt have fun if you gave it to them as a gift ...To those people all I know to say is , go to a movie or do something outside of the game and come back when you feel like having fun &gt;:)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the kind of crap that pisses me off. Someone came up with an idea to get the community together and have fun. So many are upset at the way the game is going, including me. So, I was happy when someone thought of maybe getting together an event to bring some type of spark back in the game. If people are still going to get pissy with those that are TRYING, then count me out. I don't need this kind of crap.

M

MonaLittlemore

I really wasnt getting *pissy* lol or least not trying to ..I do however feel like the game has progressed a whole heck of a lot ..And Im sorry that people are unhappy..But I do think the game is what you make it ..If you play in a bad mood you get what you get ..I had to take a long break from the game to realize it wasnt the game but me ...I still take breaks only days this time ...Im sorry if my post offended you in anyway ..I find most any post seem to upset people on here..I guess thats why we have opinions

D

DGLita

Just hitting reply
--------------------

Ive sent some messages out to people who have expresed an interest in participating in a fun event in EALand. Im thinking weekend of 3rd and 4th May

If you can hold a contest or an event of some sort please send me a message and I will start organising it