• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would make the game fun again?

D

DGLita

Fun seems to be the missing ingredient in the game right now, so what can we do to make the game fun again?

There are no specific goals in the game, its down to the players to make the goals. So how about organising ourselves into a group event spread over several lots?

Would anyone be up for this? and what ideas can you come up with.

M

mysticlisa516

I would love to have a jamming contest, or other contests. Problem is, the way they Top 100 list is now, I can't get on the map. I think the list should only show those properties that are open. Something this simple would make it fun for me because I could host and have great contests. But, who am I? So, I just jump from house to house jamming or going to work.

Devs, do something with the list, please.

D

DGLita

If we organise ourselves with a series of events on a particular day, it wouldnt matter if you were on the top 100 list or not, because an agenda of events could be drawn up to advertise it, so everyone would know where to go

G

<blockquote><hr>

Fun seems to be the missing ingredient in the game right now

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, your 100% correct on this. its people negativity on these boards and in game i'm been seeing. I'm a postive person myself and it's making me digusted. Why, can people just play as is and be more friendly.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, your 100% correct on this. its people negativity on these boards and in game i'm been seeing. I'm a postive person myself and it's making me digusted. Why, can people just play as is and be more friendly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should not ask that people just accept things for the way they are.

Most of the updates we have gotten to date have been based upon debates (heated as they were) here on Stratics. And people not being happy about the way things worked.

How one should ask for things however is another topic entirely.

Fun in the game has nothing to do with the tone on this forum.

T

TrustMeInc

There is only 4 things to do in this game. They need to add more stuff I have only played 2 months and it is boring.

I have already suggested many things.

Deep Sea Fishing
Scuba Diving
Wild Game Hunting
Quest (For rare items)
Cars to drive

This game needs more stuff to do!

G

<blockquote><hr>

There is only 4 things to do in this game. They need to add more stuff I have only played 2 months and it is boring.

I have already suggested many things.

Deep Sea Fishing
Scuba Diving
Wild Game Hunting
Quest (For rare items)
Cars to drive

This game needs more stuff to do!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably enjoy quest. Depending on what the quest were.

All of the others you listed I'd find dreadfully boring.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

Hmm.
Higher Payouts
New Skills
New Skins
New Heads
New Pets (i want a basset hound.)
New Floors
New Wallpaper
New Build Objects
New Deco
New Plants

I'll think of more...

...wait for it...

That's right.
Love Vendors.

---Edit To Add: And you know you want them too
---

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm.
Higher Payouts
New Skills
New Skins
New Heads
New Floors
New Wallpaper
New Build Objects
New Deco
New Plants

I'll think of more...

...wait for it...

That's right. Love Vendors.

[/ QUOTE ]

x to all.

especially love vendors.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

See *THATS* what I'm talkin' 'bout people! Jackie's on board!

*looks around like Jerry Maguire*

You *KNOW* you all are too!

... seriously, I'm just trying to make people laugh so we all don't be pixilated frown lines from all the sad threads ... maybe I need more LOLcats.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Ok I have a list of games, 1 player to multiplayer, they have been used for a 16 person survivor in the past, as well as my carnival.
I have a little bit of simoleans to spare, and always willing to do a contest at my money house I never open. lol. Its logic, I think boards...
I have trivia games that can be used at any skill property while you skill...my favorite isn't even trivia, but Mad Gab. lol...
I will help anyone have fun, just say the word, I'm here to amuse you!

For me, I have been amusing myself in game for so long that I have fun with most everything I do...
I know it's not the type of fun some games have, here we are required to use our imagination and/or creativity a bit more.

I know its past easter but we could have an easter egg hunt, or even scavenger hunt if I can get enough properties...
Any entertainment house can be used for other purposes...just use your imagination.

How can I help?

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

That's right.
Love Vendors.

---Edit To Add: And you know you want them too
---

[/ QUOTE ]

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe everyone you know is doing handsprings, but I'd say the tone on this forum is a pretty fair representation of the current tone I see most often in the game.

After the initial EA-Land buzz, people are loudly complaining once again, with many quitting (again) in disgust. At least that's what I am seeing and hearing.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Great ideas Qute Pi, we need to talk.......

[/ QUOTE ]

At your service hehe.

M

mysticlisa516

Put me down for a drink till you drop game. Winner get 1k. Just let me know when to have my house open

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

Once I finish decorating my romance lot, I plan on actually *opening* my money lot and doing jam till you drop contests weekly, or maybe bi-weekly... depends on how much money I can make/buy during the week. I'd most likely give 1st prize $1k, 2nd prize $500 and 3rd prize $250.

So, $1750 weekly or $3500 bi-weekly. That's not too bad, I'd just have to make money on multiple sims and xfer it to my main sim due to the new money-pool thing.

Gotta keep this crazy train going! I'd probably do pizza till you drop contests too, since I have jam and pizza on my lot

I had a "till you drop" idea for my romance lot... but I dunno how many people are gonna wanna do that

G

I'm working on a hide-and-seek house idea, but I have to get some cashola built up before I can really do anything.

I think it's really up to us to create new fun things to do- it's not on the top 100 list of dev priorities I would imagine (and rightly so)...We just have to figure out how to implement these ideas with what we have available.....

I love a drink till you pee contest... You could also place bets on who will pee if the ghost comes out at a campfire.

N

NightFlyer

"What would make the game fun again?"

All the Sims1 objects as promised.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I'm working on a hide-and-seek house idea, but I have to get some cashola built up before I can really do anything.

I think it's really up to us to create new fun things to do- it's not on the top 100 list of dev priorities I would imagine (and rightly so)...We just have to figure out how to implement these ideas with what we have available.....

I love a drink till you pee contest... You could also place bets on who will pee if the ghost comes out at a campfire.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a plan
I'll get back to ya'll soon! hehe

And don't forget to count me in on your hide n seek house...I wanna help!

G

Ruh-roh Shaggy! lol

Can't wait to hear your plan- Keep me posted!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe everyone you know is doing handsprings, but I'd say the tone on this forum is a pretty fair representation of the current tone I see most often in the game.

After the initial EA-Land buzz, people are loudly complaining once again, with many quitting (again) in disgust. At least that's what I am seeing and hearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha Roger you know I was going to come back and edit this but got stuck on a phone call, that while Fun in the game is not set on this forum the tone of this forum is set by the game.

But regardless...
everyone I know could give a flying fig and an apple tree about TSo/EA-land b/c they know its...

Just a game.

D

DGLita

Great ideas, keep them coming. I will check back to this thread tomorrow and start contacting everyone who comes up with something constructive, then we will start formulating a plan

G

Honestly Qute always has awesome ideas.

I missed her last party though.

J

jasminemoon

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm.
Higher Payouts
New Skills
New Skins
New Heads
New Floors
New Wallpaper
New Build Objects
New Deco
New Plants

I'll think of more...

...wait for it...

That's right. Love Vendors.

[/ QUOTE ]

x to all.

especially love vendors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like those

+new group money objects
...the ones that actually make you be interactive like pizza does..

I love the idea of a scavenger hunt, we haven't had any of those in AGES! They were such fun!! I was on a lot the other day where they hadn't forgot how to have fun! And then I found another one right after that one! The hostess was very original!

One was playing Family Fued..much like trivia. It's a shame so many of our items are hard to find now, because I can remember that long ago, that there was a very popular entertainment lot that offered games (decorated like a game show and all) about every hour..including the above mentioned Family Fued, among others! OH yeah, they had the dating game at that one...long ago! Too fun!

I once hosted a mystery dinner but can't find my notes on how I implemented it now
. We had fun doing that..it was like a whodunit sort of game. That was when I had a monopoly game on my roof *grin*...I used floor tiles to make it! and we moved after each roll..and used the card box for the cards...I had it all worked out.

Funny, never see anyone using the card box anymore..it's so very useful for inventing games!

You guys count me in! IM me to play, to help set up...whatever...because I do believe that the creativity of this game has always made it the most fun!

I would host something like that..but..*sigh*; my sim has very little money, doesn't own a property...well, basically, I wasn't here during the move..so I didn't get to bring anything with me AT ALL...So, all I can do is help.

..on another note, with the introduction of custom content, we should be able to think of many new items to add to our properties to enable us to create a "gamelike" atmosphere..I'd do it, but, like I said, lack of funds and I should add that I'm still in the very early stages of learning how to create CC...but if the economy could get more balanced I think ALOT more creativity would return...

okay, I've babbled enough for now,
Jasmine

edited to add:
along with in game of Jasmine Moon; you can also find me as

Lady Celine HP
Midnight Phoenix
&amp; Celest IalStar
&amp; eventually I'll be playing my 'Summer Radiance' sim among others...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Fun seems to be the missing ingredient in the game right now, so what can we do to make the game fun again?

There are no specific goals in the game, its down to the players to make the goals. So how about organising ourselves into a group event spread over several lots?

Would anyone be up for this? and what ideas can you come up with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Beer.
I always have more fun when I'm drunk.

Or so I'm told.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Quite the riddle there.
How can someone be both 'positive' and 'disgusted' at the same time????
Is a puzzlement.

G

<blockquote><hr>

... seriously, I'm just trying to make people laugh so we all don't be pixilated frown lines from all the sad threads ... maybe I need more LOLcats.

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean you weren't serious about the 'Love Vendors'?????

...and after I submitted my application, too.

I

imported_Spacey

What the heck is a "love vendor" ....and do I even want to know?!

Do they ...ahem..."service" your sim?

Well, I guess that could be fun for some.

I'm not sure what would make the game fun for me. I just can't think of anything else that hasn't already been said in one of these "fun" threads over the years. CC has finally been implemented, but it is just pixels... hardly any interaction. I'm waiting on what the devs do next, and hoping they continue to listen to ideas and come up with a few exciting ones of their own. I've lost the fun, but I am trying to find it again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

"What would make the game fun again?"

All the Sims1 objects as promised.

[/ QUOTE ]And they would be fun for, what - a week? Then what?

Objects only go so far. If you lack the creativity to make your own fun, it's not going to matter how many new things they pour into the game.

G

Agreed. The ability to make what ever I want.

I want to make my own dance.
I want to make my own interactions.
I want to make my own clothing.
I want to make my own interactive items.
I want to play my own radio station through the EA Land game itself.
“I want to be rich.. I want to be famous.. I want to be pretty!” ß *In his best Australian accent* “He’s a waanabee!”

N

NightFlyer

"And they would be fun for, what - a week? Then what?"...

A week??

I think with all the offline objects anyone could find plenty of ways to have fun.

For a long time.

Just because I want new objects doesn't mean I have no imagination. The new objects, as promised, would only spur on more imagination.

Or would you disagree?

G

<blockquote><hr>

"And they would be fun for, what - a week? Then what?"...

A week??

I think with all the offline objects anyone could find plenty of ways to have fun.

For a long time.

Just because I want new objects doesn't mean I have no imagination. The new objects, as promised, would only spur on more imagination.

Or would you disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]Oh, I agree that it would spur on more imagination - for some people. However, we have a plethora of objects in game right now that nobody but an adventerous few ever does a damned thing with. So how would adding even more objects change anything?

Note: I am not against getting new objects. I'm just saying that it's not the magical cure-all everyone is making it out to be.

N

NightFlyer

Some people will never have fun regardless of how many objects, contests, parties what ever are available.

My point was more (and especially new) objects would spur on more (and especially new) imaginative ways to play.

After 5 years with the same old toys I think anyone would welcome some new ones. Even if they are not completely tired and ready to rid themselves of the old.

G

How about a maze house? We create a house that's a maze and 1st one to the finish line wins!

G

Jasmine I would love to make a monopoly lot. Think it could still be made practical with the itmes we have now?

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Ok, you're my first male love vendor! HIRED! :p

J

jammybob

I think money would make the game fun again.
We used to always have drop contests going, bingo, hide &amp; seek, trivia, pizza contests etc.
People were VERY inventive in their contests but they dont happen anymore because no-one can really afford the prizes.

TSO has always been fun up until now in my opinion. People make fun, but they need to be able to get other people involved and the biggest incentment used to be money. Money has always been relevant in the game apart from when the bug flooded the game.

I remember great times playing survivor &amp; big brother for a million and 5 million prizes. at that time it was still big money despite money being not too hard to come by.

Money generates fun...... Money is what has been taken out of the game and with it the fun opotunities. It HAS to be available to us again

G

Well the payouts wouldn't be the same but I have to assume that <u>ANY</u> type of payout would help these days.

G

I've pondered making a Trivial Pursuit house- maybe the lower floor of my hide-and-seek house can be the hiding area, and I can build a second floor for TP.

People just need to get over the fact that there aren't going to be any super-huge prizes anymore. Maybe that's the way the game used to be, but this isn't the same game! A prize like $100 beats nothing- especially if you don't have to spend an hour jamming making $10 a crate or whatever.

L

Lillias

how about more options like u could have a farming lot grow plants etc and raise animals taking care of the plants and harvesting them would bring u money and u could raise animals and they could have offspring which u could sell etc just a thought ( sorry type faster without punctuation and capitalization)

G

I love synchronized dancing! Ooh- A chicken dance till you drop contest!

J

jasminemoon

<blockquote><hr>

Jasmine I would love to make a monopoly lot. Think it could still be made practical with the itmes we have now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, as long as you can purchase tip jars, message boards, floor tiles, and card tables!

If ya want, I'll let ya know how I did it! With CC implemented, it could be even better now! I'd love to see it re-implemented again- my roof even looked like a monopoly game! Only I called mine "Simopoly" I think *laugh*..

Jasmine Moon

D

DGLita

Is the weekend of the 3rd 4th 5th May a bank holiday in US? It will be a bank holiday here in the UK that weekend.

That could be a good weekend to do the Fun Event, Im thinking of calling it the Amnesty Carnival, because even if we dont get Amnesty by then we can still look forward to it, and maybe remind the Devs we are still waiting.

There have been loads of briliant ideas suggested and if we do this over 2 or 3 days we could fit everything in. I am also prepared to put up some good size money prizes to help the event.

If any wants to be a part of this, either as a lot owner/organiser or a visitor please show your interest here. I will be contacting organisers later today.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Ok, you're my first male love vendor! HIRED! :p

[/ QUOTE ]
Sooooo, do i get, like, a badge? Or a uniform....?
Is there a training program?

(Can't wait for my first "2 for 1 sale"!!)

G

That would be cool! You could use the customizable card thing to make "Chance" and "Community Chest" cards! It just wouldn't have the cute little pictures on it...

I have one if someone wants to do the Monopoly thing....

J

jasminemoon

<blockquote><hr>

That would be cool! You could use the customizable card thing to make "Chance" and "Community Chest" cards! It just wouldn't have the cute little pictures on it...

I have one if someone wants to do the Monopoly thing....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I did! I actually used the card tables right above the chance and community chest "lots"..and I used the striped floor tiles to make the "lots"..I think I even put chests on the community chest lots and had people change b4 they drew a card..

For the railroad lots I had to used oddball tiles, but now someone could actually create little railcars and place them on the lots
!

I kept a tip jar for the bank and one on "free parking". I used the striped tiles to create each lot on my rooftop gameboard...and it seems like I used things on the electric company and water co. to represent them. Then I used the message boards to let people know what the cost of each property was and the "rents". I had another board to keep up with who owned what..and also kept notes next to me so that everyone wouldn't have to keep running back and forth to read em'.

Of course, I didn't give each player money to start, they used their own money instead, and I lowered the costs of the "lots" and "rents" dramatically..like 10%..I think: $50 was $5..etc...and I didn't have houses or hotels because it would have put me over my object limit.

I even used a dance cage for the "jail" lot and the person in jail had to dance the entire time. *grin*

I put A LOT of creativity in it, and it actually worked!

NOW with CC it could be done EVEN better, you CAN stand on those RugOMatic rugs right?

It's the players that help make this game so much fun *smile*.

Ya'll let me know if you decide to do this, I'd like to play it again!

If there is a "game" community created, I'd really like to be a part of it! I have a couple of "homeless" sims tucked away that would jump in head first!

Because..oh how I miss the creativity and role-playing the most!!

Jasmine Moon

M

MandiK

I really dont know. I took a couple months break back in December &amp; January, then when I came back, I really dont want to play hardly at all. I might log in every few days, hang out for 20 minutes or so &amp; log off. Rarely do I have the desire to play anymore, and Im not sure why. There just isnt anything I want to do. I never thought I would lose the 'fun' since I always made fun when I played, but I guess it just isnt my thing anymore.