• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What other hobbies do you have other than UO....

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I collected bulk used Magic cards for a couple of years but had to downsize my hobby list this spring: it was choice between Magic and UO.

My true passion is my own pencil-and-paper game world, but I seem to be stalled on that front aside from keeping the ongoing campaign running ... lots of grand ideas, little forward progress.

I do feel badly that I don't have a real-world hobby ... I need one of those.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Games, Anime, and Drawing (especially so on the Drawing). Also going various places with my friends... can't be more specific there because it can range anywhere from a short trip to the local mall to a daylong escapade across multiple states.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WTF is up with bumping old posts? Jeez.
*chuckles* I like this thread though... What's your hobby, hun?

Oh yeah... I still have a viable 5 color kird ape deck... I rocked it old school. I even won an old school tourny with Merfolk deck. Good times.
Is reading a hobby? :)

I play league pool as well, tho I skipped out the past couple season. I'm on the verge of learning how to knit. I like finding new recipes to add to my aresenal of awesome foods (I just made some really fabulous tortilla soup for the first time the other night). Thats about it.

I played Magic twice before, I remember I sacrificed myself to do enough damage to my (then) boyfriend so my friend could beat him. He was a bit put out with that strategy. She ended up marrying a guy who is qualified as a tournament judge and goes to tournaments here and there. He ended up going to one in Paris a few years back which is where he proposed to her. This isn't a magic playing couple though, I don't think she has played in years. They're a big gaming couple though and we'll go over and play Settlers or Dominion or whatever with them a couple times a month. ;)

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My hobby for the last year has been my house. We just bought it and it is a fixer-upper. Other than that, I do stuff with my wife and three children and four beagles. We're pretty busy all of the time.

On weekends that our children are with their other parents, my wife and I go Hashing.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My hobbies? Hmm.. Well I use to be a big time gamer. I played the role playing games AD&D, Twilight2000, Star Frontiers: Alpha Dawn. The games my old Gaming group loved the most was Axis & Allies and Battletech. Matter of fact at one point I was one to the top 20 Battletech players in the world.. but that was many years ago. My gaming group all got married and moved on so now I just play UO and a few other online games like Mobsters. Though I have tried out many other MMORPGs such as Star Wars, City of Heroes, Guild Wars, Earth and Beyond, but none kept my attention like UO.

These days I like to go to Ren Fests, make my own beer, watch sports. (Pittsburgh Penguins, Dallas Cowboys fan) oh and read most any series of good sci-fi or Fantasy novels I can find.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Besides UO?

Wine Making, Cooking, Reading and Women.
(Not necessarily in that order though.)

Oh, and Stratics. Does that count? Because I spend far too much time on here. I think it should. I'm counting it anyway.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reporting on Stratics If I'm not in UO, Outside of the computer I dable in videos and photography.

N

Nh'bdy

I hunt and fish, maintain a few firearms and care for a dog. I draw, occasionally on walls, I'm an avid roleplayer and I table top when I have the chance. I'm also breaking into the world of toy casting!

L

Lord Gabriel

Other than work, playing WoW (not much time for anything else). I know alot of people smash that game for multiple reasons but once you get past the immaturity of some of the players and find a good guild on a decent realm it gets pretty fun.

A

AshMoney

Well anymore my hobby is my newborn lil boy. Between him and work, i dont have time for much else...which is why my uo life is lacking...but im not complaining...my boys my life! and is THE cutest baby anyone will ever see! But other than that i dabble in building fish aquariums and some paintball in the summer.

I had to come back and show off a pic of the baby, just cuz im a proud dad. :p

Attachments

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
o_O

-.o

My hobbies include playing with my dog, Paintball in the summer, Snowboarding in the winter.
Your dog plays paintball AND snowboards?!?!
AWESOME!

Its good that he has both summer and winter activities.

prizim618

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK I am just old.. other then UO...I go play bingo on Thurs when I am off work.. and I read ALOT.. and I cross stitch and crochet blankets and oh yeah I make scented candles

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
October through April - BEER.

April through October - Drag Racing. 1969 Ford Falcon with a stroked 351C runs mid tens at almost 130 mph in the 1/4 mile.
Drag racing, 1972 Mach 1 Mustang (my husband races it so I couldn't begin to tell you whats under the hood) but I know he does high 10's in the 1/4... Went to Pinks All Out in Kent Washington a couple months back and that had to be THE BEST TIME EVER! I ride on the back of my husband's motorcycle (Suzuki M109R W/ custom corvette blue paint job) It's really pretty... and I read alot. My favorite authors are LE Modesitt JR, Brian Jacques, Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind etc etc. I drive an 07 black Turbo PT Cruiser Convertible with Betty Boop all over it and I love to take the top down and just drive anywhere. And I go to work. That's my life in a nutshell.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other than work, playing WoW (not much time for anything else). I know alot of people smash that game for multiple reasons but once you get past the immaturity of some of the players and find a good guild on a decent realm it gets pretty fun.
I pay for a couple of accounts of WoW for my grown kids and they love it...plus everyone I know who plays it, loves it. I only smash it cus I don't play it and a bunch of my good friends (losers lol) now play it instead of UO :bs:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gaming. Pretty much anything, although I prefer RPGs and shooters. Finally got my hands on The World Ends With You for the DS today, one of the only Square Enix games I had never played. After I knock out a couple Dread Horn runs tonight, I'll get started on that.

Favorite games include

Kingdom Hearts (1, Re: Chain of Memories, and 2 on PS2, 358/2 Days on DS)
Counter-Strike Source (PC)
Legend of Zelda (NES all the way to the Wii, with a few on the GBC, GBA and DS)
Half-Life + Half-Life 2 + Episodes (PC)
Mass Effect (PC)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PC, with a sequel coming next month)

And I'm upgrading my computer this Christmas to have the following specs

Motherboard: Asus P6T
CPU: Intel Core i7 920
RAM: 6 GB DDR3 1600
Video card: GeForce 9800 GTX+ (currently own)
HDD: 1x 1TB internal
PSU: OCZ GameXStream 700W
Case: Antec 900

And next year, will be upgrading my video card to a Radeon HD 5870, and getting a new monitor (23", 1920x1080 minimum), keyboard, mouse, and speakers.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well anymore my hobby is my newborn lil boy. Between him and work, i dont have time for much else...which is why my uo life is lacking...but im not complaining...my boys my life! and is THE cutest baby anyone will ever see! But other than that i dabble in building fish aquariums and some paintball in the summer.

I had to come back and show off a pic of the baby, just cuz im a proud dad. :p
Ok that is a pretty cute baby. Some of them, it's tough to find something nice to say about em. :p

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok that is a pretty cute baby. Some of them, it's tough to find something nice to say about em. :p
I had three really gorgeous, perfect baby boys and then I had one "OH MY GOD, WHAT IS THAT?" baby boy and do you know that he turned out to be the chick magnet out of all of them? lol He is 19 and I have never had so many girls ringing my phone off the hook. He is 6'2, gorgeous and a basketball freak. He ignores alot of the girls' calls on his cell phone so they call and bug me at all hours of the day and night looking for him.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had three really gorgeous, perfect baby boys and then I had one "OH MY GOD, WHAT IS THAT?" baby boy and do you know that he turned out to be the chick magnet out of all of them? lol He is 19 and I have never had so many girls ringing my phone off the hook. He is 6'2, gorgeous and a basketball freak. He ignores alot of the girls' calls on his cell phone so they call and bug me at all hours of the day and night looking for him.
:lol:

Yeah its hard to tell how they'll turn out, tho I think a lot of their personality traits stick. If you have a fussy baby they'll usually turn out to be a fussy adult, etc. :)