• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What other hobbies do you have other than UO....

C

catskillpk

Hi i play in england so if i'm not playing UO i go to the pub =), and go get drunk. Oh and i also collect beanie baby cards *Smiles* i got loads of series one cards, worth loads now so it's not to bad collecting them seen a rare card sell for 1000 dollars on ebay GREAT i got about 10 of them hehe, Oh well enough about me, OH one last point it's great to see GW Bush here meeting us brits "God save america and england".......

E

EquineDeath

Guitar......Fishing.....Motorcycles....Magic the Gathering....

I go to the bar now and then but I wouldn't call it a hobby. When I was younger yes... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Man I need longer weekends...

G

ugh....
Uo
oh other than uo...
lets see.....

Posting here
Hanging with my friends

W

Wevie

October through April - BEER.

April through October - Drag Racing. 1969 Ford Falcon with a stroked 351C runs mid tens at almost 130 mph in the 1/4 mile.

I

imported_CaesarDoP

I am a collector in real life. I will find things and save them till I can find a home for it. Old books papers etc... Some what of a Curator, a person who keeps things safe until a good home can be found.

In my personal collections, Matchbook Covers. I have close to 85,000 of them in the collection. Most of them are for giving away or trading. My "collection" has about 20,000 and they are from the 20's 30's 40' and 50's.

As I said, I collect many different things, mostly all old stuff. My Grand parents were Antique dealers when I was growing up and I would travel to all the shows with them. I also had a paper route when I was little, so on trash night I would find treasures and take them to the Antique shows and sell them. I made about
$3,000 one summer finding old furniture and haveinf Grandpa fix it and then sell it. One table I found, it was a drop leaf from the 1920's, it had a cracked leg, Grandpa fixed it and stripped all the old paint off made it look like new and sold it for $400. Not bad for finding somthing in the trash.

Having spent much of my youth around collectables and antiques, now in my late 30's ok ok 39 to be exact, I have a love for older things.

Anyway there is my story. Thanks catskillpk for asking the question

Peace be with all of You

Caesar

K

korgoth

I used to practice martial arts, Jeet Kune Do and Eskrima, but I haven't done any training in a long time. I used to do the Live Action Role Playing thing too, but haven't done that for a about a year.

So... what do I do now... well, since going on a cruise to the Bahamas on my honeymoon, and then again last month, I have absolutely fallen in love with the ocean and sailing. I want to take up windsurfing, but it's a bit too cold right now so I have to wait until it warms up again.

Recently I have gotten into gambling... poker, roulette and slot machines. It something else my wife and I developed a taste for on our cruises. We don't play for money, just free interenet sites like Pogo and iWon.

P

Peaches

During the winter, uo is my hobby. During the spring and summer, I dabble in gardening. My black thumb is slowly disapearing.

M

maligant

I go bass fishing. I enjoy going out and enjoying the outdoors... most of the time I just go by myself because less distractions the more fun I have. Could fish for a living, but you have to have money to start with.

I'm not much of a social butterfly, but I get along with everyone.

Lately it's just been work.... well getting into an actual career field and fishing when I can.... This coming week I don't think I will get fishing in since it's going to drop 20 degrees Sunday and will turn off the fish.

And that is just about it until I have better funds saved up... I'm wanting to get my own house a bit down the road and start with nothing in there and then get everything that I want in there.

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess that my longest running "hobby" would be model aviation.

Even as a little kid I was always trying to make something that would fly. Gliders, rubber band power, kites, you name it. At about 12 I started flying line controlled aircraft with small two-cycle engines and then radio control a couple of years later. During the mid 70s I started racing radio controlled aircraft which is a real rush.

I kind of went inactive for a while in the 80s and started back up again in 1992. I also started racing again and hooked up with a retired fellow who had been an engineer for GE’s jet engine division here in Cincinnati. At that point in time you had to make just about a professional commitment to be competitive in racing. Although my friend did not fly the racing planes he was a genius when it came to the design. We did very well with a new aircraft that he had designed. We had a lot of fun and won a lot of race over the next few years. At one point we were 24th in the NMPRA national standing for the year even though we had attended far fewer races than the other teams. We even held a few class speed records for a time.

My friend died a little over a year ago. I have not been flying since.

A

AgentDaleCooper

me hobbies and proffessions are kinda merged.

im a active member of the Society for Creative Anachronisms, a medieval reenactment group.

www.sca.org

and do RL blacksmithing, coldsmithing *armor*, leatherwork, celtic illumination, alabaster and soapstone sculpture to make a living.

also tinker with bio-dynamic raised bed gardening, woodworking, boatbuilding,
vine sculpture.

K

korgoth

muhaha... hey, agent, you been to Pennsic?

I used to hang out with one of the smiths up there

"Brock the Magick Badger"

E

Elowan of Wind

Ancient Egypt - learning to read and write hieroglyphics
3D Modeling - mostly in LightWave
Writing

A

AgentDaleCooper

lol, didnt badger buy out gypsy madblade?

*shane madden*
yep been to a fewe.
hey know a fella named paul used to work fer madblade?
oh and what kingdom ya in?

D

Duke X. Winter

I've been collecting Spider-man comics and items since I was 5. I also play with my kids.

A

AgentDaleCooper

my dog ate my spidey last ditko issue "just a guy named joe" intro and orgin of doc oc /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif when i was 15 not sure but i thinbk it was 35 or 38 *sigh*

K

korgoth

well.. I haven't been active for a few years, but I'm in Atlantia. Used to hang out with Caer MacDonald and Argent Company.

Not familiar with madblade, probably after my time.

But Brock used to live fairly close to me and I was kind of dating this girl that he and his wife took in for a while.

I got snowed in at Brock's house one weekend... ye Gods what a blast that was. Brock is just a nut.

C

catskillpk

It's great to see such a diverse mixture of hobbies....
Oh and i also do scuba diving in lakes, cannot dive in the sea as i get sea sick underwater and nearly drowned last time i tried hehe.....

T

Turlock

Im a Marksman and reloader. Nothing more rewarding then a 150 yard shot and vaporizing a 6 inch gopher /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif I also love bowlin pin matches and target comps! But my biggest intrest is varmit killin /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

Favorite weapons:
Ruger Mini14 semi auto assualt (equalizer and GANK deterant)
Browning 45 semi auto handgun (push um back, push um back, WAY BACK /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif
Remington 22 mag (reach out and touch someone)
Winchester 22 Calibure (Rabbit harvester)
Remington 30-06 Bolt action (Elk and Deer tamer)
Browning 12 guage auto shotgun (For them that fly)
AMT 380 semi auto, back pocket weapon /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

E

EquineDeath

Aww....poor gophers /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

Or did you mean golfer?? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

j/k

H

Hotaru-Chan

Graphic Designing and a little bit of Web Design as well.
Also I have collections...Pokémon cards (Which I should sell...), bunch of anime stuff (which I should sell too...), Big Beanie Baby collection (Which I should sell...)....ROFL a lot of collecting, but I lose interest in them. Oh and posting on these boards.
Sleeping is a hobby that I'm good at. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif OH! and nagging my BF. >:)
~~Hotaru-Chan

D

Dor of Sonoma

"My friend died a little over a year ago. I have not been flying since."

I hear you. My friend and I used to attend the CAF (Confederate Air Force) Air Show and Reno Air Races every year. He was a pilot, and I am passionate about planes and flying. Since he was killed, I no longer attend...but the local Stearman PT-17 flying overhead still makes my blood race. *smiles*

L

Lady_Morwen

Apart of UO I have lots of other hobbies...

I love to work with my two dogs. I am training them for resque-work. It is great to work so closely with them. With the youngest of them, I also practise ability and obedience.

Then I have two horses. I just love horse-backriding. My oldest horse is now 28 years (she is really a pony). She is now many and many years with me. My other horse is still young (3 years old) and he has yet to learn everything (he is a Tinker-horse, also known as an Old Irish Cob horse). Also great fun to do...

Hmmm... for the rest... gardening, reading (fantasy and SF), fitness and jogging, swimming and there are many more things I enjoy to do.... Oh, did I mention UO? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

D

Dor of Sonoma

Hobbies, hobbies...lots, actually. :)

Working on my car (not so much for fun anymore--but I still do better work than clueless mechanics :)

Gardening...transforming my place into a refuge for the local wildlife by planting and tending just about anything that is NOT a lawn. Digging a pond for the frogs, growing oaks, redwoods, buckeyes, berries and so forth

Watching football...and playing it whenever I get the chance /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Collecting obscure OOP books for my own edification, playing with my ancient Star Wars collection (hey...they are TOYS!), researching whatever strikes my (current) fancy, designing my own costumes, studying military history and (board) game design, playing amateur naturalist for anyone who expresses an interest in their surroundings, studying and illustrating the flora and fauna (read: slogging around in my mud boots) of the local, intermittant creeks and streams and their littoral zones, breeding Tiger Oscars (before they were killed in a tragic acident *cries*), painting 25mm military miniatures, and...stuff. Lots o' stuff.

Oh, and dancing! And music! Trying to teach myself how to play violin. Hehe

S

Salt FoamBreaker

I'm a Pirate no matter how ya cut it, here is me real life Pirate Ship/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

L

Lady_Morwen

Ahhh.... making references from Real Life to UO? Great, I can do the same...

This is what I working on to tame... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

T

Turlock

Sweet /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Lemme know when ya want a storage cover for it? I'll do it for around a thousand /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif Boat owners have bought me many a toy over the years!!

GOD BLESS THEM BOAT OWNERS!

L

Leanan Sidhe

Love your horses!!! As for you and Salty referring RL to UO....then I need to change skills...and become a herder! As the mother of 6 children, herding is what I do best! *winks*
Besides my family, I love to draw and paint (and I'm pretty good with a glue stick too /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif)

J

jat

My hobbies are reading, watching the boob tube, walking (love long walks!), and taking care of my family. I cook but don't really like doing it, has to be done though! My all time favorite would not be mentionable here and may not even be considered a hobby but more a favorite pastime, if ya get my drift... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CAF rocks. I love how they are keeping those noble old war birds flying.

A few years back I had the privilege of flying a B-17 here in Cincinnati (It was "Aluminum Overcast" which belongs to the EAA). My dad was a ball turret gunner in a B-17 during the war and I read and study every scrap of information I can find on the plane (another hobby?). Getting to actually fly one was a once in a lifetime thrill. It certainly gave me a better appreciation of remarkable courage required to crew one during a combat sortie.

This weekend I have to go over to my friends house and gather up all his stuff. His widow is moving and she has no need of his airplanes and radios. I was planning on using his planes to teach his grandson to fly, but the boy has no interest right now. So, I am taking it all to auction so someone can get some use out of it and she can get a little extra money.

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arrrrrr matey, where be yer tiller man?

*sneaks onto Salt’s ship and steals his stuff *

Always remember to lock up yer boat! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

N

Nordstram

Im a collector, I have a huge collection of roman coins allong with us coins. Photogaphy keeps me pretty busy although I dont ever seem to have enough time to do it. In the summer months I drag race motorcycles allthough this isnt a sactioned event, we do keep scores, you loose points if the cops get ya. I fly fish, and spend alot of my time with my wonderfull girlfriend and her daughter. Oh ya I terrorize the house cats or vise verse.

S

stinkinggit

hey turlok, perhaps a freindly flame like but anyhoo -

i shoot 34mm groupings out to 400m /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

T

Turlock

Damn lil over 400 yards and 1 1/2 inch grouping, I bow to your expertise /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif I'm getting old, eyes are getting bad /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif *Opens up bag of excuses*

What calibure?

C

Chinalilly

I have quite a few interests outside of UO.

- Cross Stitch (I'm working on an elaborate carosel horse. I'm nearly done);
- Writing poetry and short stories;
- Computer graphics and web design (click my sig to see my hobby graphic site);
- I collect musical snow globes (not the kind in game :p);
- I sew, but haven't been in the mood lately. I have designed clothes for myself and friends;
- I help out on a couple HTML forums;
- I read, but not as much as I used to;
- I listen to music;
- Occasionally I do public speaking on child and spousal abuse.
- I'm refreshing my French language, want to refresh my Danish, and plan on taking a class in Japanese.

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guitar......Fishing.....Motorcycles....Magic the Gathering....

I go to the bar now and then but I wouldn't call it a hobby. When I was younger yes... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Man I need longer weekends...
damn people still play Magic the gathering....
I miss that, hah. I only used one deck and that was my black undead army of d00m.

T

The Fallout

damn people still play Magic the gathering....
I miss that, hah. I only used one deck and that was my black undead army of d00m.
Actually, that post was from 2003 lol. I have a feeling MAGIC is dying in popularity, though at my college there is this one group of stereotypical nerds who play all the time lol.

L

Lord Urza

Play Magic the Gathering Tournys
Constructed- types 2 - DCI Ranked = 1848
No so much loosing popularity IMO FNM tournys
Where i go range from 18-30 people thats not to bad for east TN west KY.
And i know my cousin in MI has really good turn outs where he goes....you just dont see people out playing it in public places as much any more, But MTG is going strong, and the last 6-7 sets have been the most fun iv had since MASK block

T

The Fallout

Play Magic the Gathering Tournys
Constructed- types 2 - DCI Ranked = 1848
No so much loosing popularity IMO FNM tournys
Where i go range from 18-30 people thats not to bad for east TN west KY.
And i know my cousin in MI has really good turn outs where he goes....you just dont see people out playing it in public places as much any more, But MTG is going strong, and the last 6-7 sets have been the most fun iv had since MASK block
hmm really? I used to play a lot in Highschool but stopped when college started. I've considered playing again but I usually decide against it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
WTF is up with bumping old posts? Jeez.
*chuckles* I like this thread though... What's your hobby, hun?

Oh yeah... I still have a viable 5 color kird ape deck... I rocked it old school. I even won an old school tourny with Merfolk deck. Good times.

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*chuckles* I like this thread though... What's your hobby, hun?

Oh yeah... I still have a viable 5 color kird ape deck... I rocked it old school. I even won an old school tourny with Merfolk deck. Good times.
God Damned dirty ape decks.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*snickers* I loved that ape deck.

Do cats count as a hobbie?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hobbies other than UO....

I love D&D, and I dabble with simple programming...let me think. I collecting uncut gem stones, I have a few favorites I keep on my desk mainly Emerald, Topaz, a few Star Rubies and Sapphires.