• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Kind Of Music Does Pacific Like?

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new deth album is sick, it hasnt been out of my car in a couple weeks. Woah!!! dave isnt using his trademark V guitar I haven't seen that since metallica days.

I love opening/main riff from this song from Endgame. Chris Brodrick is a pimp.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xovvg4RjtDE

This is another killer song from Endgame.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDSSkv0dCiI

2 guitar gods on one stage, Dime, Kerry king. 1989

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QouEI3tCgzo

anything dime or phil i'm all ears.
Heh same here, Dime is one of my main influences on guitar.

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJnwzt_mzU

****s rawww megadeth - head crusher, off of there new album
my listening curriculum in the last week went something like...

headcrusher (megadeth), clouds over california (devildriver), strength beyond strength (PanterA), headcrusher, something by machinehead, headcrusher, something by Pantera, headcrusher...

****... i need to go buy the ****ing album.

S

SUPRsalad

no, guys, wait.. i think theres more posting going on than actual listening.
I honestly listened to everything you guys posted, but THIS TYR stuff is amazing. Me and my wife listened to it over coffee this morning, and decided we can't live without seeing them..
Sadly, i don't think they're around anymore?? They were apparently in my town back in march... heart break city.. :(

I like all kinds of music.. There is like 200+ bands that I have on my computer, everything from Power Metal, Melodic Death, Folk/Viking metal, Symphonic/Gothic metal.. I am not so much as a fan of screams and growls so I prefer clean vocals, which is why I generally like Power Metal more, but there are some really good viking and folk metal bands as well.

Wintersun - Death and the Healing
Celtic Legacy - Resurrection
Persuader - Twisted Eyes
Dragonland - Contact
Pagan's Mind - God's Equation
Crystal Eyes - The Charioteer
Pyramaze - What Lies Beyond
Elvenking - The Perpetual Knot
Kamelot - The Light I Shine On You
Freedom Call - Warriors of Light
Tyr - Light of the Northern Star << Awesome band
Hammerfall - Heeding the Call

I think you all get the general idea.. :party:

I also prefer metal from today, its just as good than anything from 70's or the 80's, you just have to look for the non-mainstream parts of it.. Power Metal is very underground, and very good..

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have heard every link at least a min into it. Like I stated before I love all types of music if it has a good rhythm, melody, song structure, and emotion. I have been playing guitar for 20 years I'm not influenced by just one style. tho I love heavy music more than the others.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I listened to this growing up..

[YOUTUBE]TJN3PGqDRNg[/YOUTUBE] - Beck

[YOUTUBE]pfP_hmNNCwk[/YOUTUBE] - Coolio ( Song is dope )

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
has anyone ever listened to real nordic metal? as in, the native swedish and finnish stuff?

some of it's really cool. amon amarth, of course. also bands like thyrfing, enisferum, bodom...

it's truly WAR MUSIC!!! valhalla awaits us my friends!!!

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
has anyone ever listened to real nordic metal? as in, the native swedish and finnish stuff?

some of it's really cool. amon amarth, of course. also bands like thyrfing, enisferum, bodom...

it's truly WAR MUSIC!!! valhalla awaits us my friends!!!
Nightwish is from Finland,helsinki I think. Not everything they do is super hard, but they have some pretty smokin stuff.
Amon Amarth isn't bad stuff, not quite my forte' tho.

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was going to check out nightwish but angel of death (slayer) just ran up on my playlist so it will have to wait... ^^

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, guys, wait.. i think theres more posting going on than actual listening.
I honestly listened to everything you guys posted, but THIS TYR stuff is amazing. Me and my wife listened to it over coffee this morning, and decided we can't live without seeing them..
Sadly, i don't think they're around anymore?? They were apparently in my town back in march... heart break city.. :(
No, they are around.. Tyr just released their last album May 29th 2009.. So they are still around. I have not heard anything on a break-up..

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so i listened to NightWish and Tyr... yeah it's not my thing. i completely appriciate the music and diversity of it however.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe I used to be into all sorts of punk, from DK, black flag to Nofx, Pennywise. Ive gotten a bit more hardcore in my listening but I still love most punkrock.

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that slayer intro was really cool. it sounds like the music from diablo 1.

also, check this out... it's not my youtube acct... thought it was a calling.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I saw that, thats Kinda why I posted to see if you would notice lol. that's not me either but found it coincidental.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe I used to be into all sorts of punk, from DK, black flag to Nofx, Pennywise. Ive gotten a bit more hardcore in my listening but I still love most punkrock.
Punk shows were always the most energetic and insane. Crowd surfing , mosh pits , and getting drunk as hell. Great times.

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like all kinds of music..power metal kicks all kinds of ass. I'm a dj, though, so I tend to gravitate to drum n bass, breaks, dubstep mostly..here's a couple mixes I recorded, I can post more if anyone is into electronic stuff.

Apologies in advance, this first mix has about three and a half minutes of no noise before the mix starts, fast forward it!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V7XSW1R4 - breaks

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WMX50BTK - drum n bass

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

if anybodys into TRANCE! theres s guy named George Acosta who does the best **** ever ever ever... i would highly suggested checking out AWAKE, touched disc 2 and PM Edition.. i persoanlly love all of his **** but those are the best i think...

O

Ooguk [Cove]

GORE-CORE | DEATH-METAL | HORROR-CORE.... List of the most amazing bands you will ever here... GORELORD | Dawn of Demise | The Last House On The Left | Plague BRinger. GREAT PVP MUSIC, ITS WHY IM SO GOOD I JUST UNLEASH MY RAGE UPON YOU ALL.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GORE-CORE | DEATH-METAL | HORROR-CORE.... List of the most amazing bands you will ever here... GORELORD | Dawn of Demise | The Last House On The Left | Plague BRinger. GREAT PVP MUSIC, ITS WHY IM SO GOOD I JUST UNLEASH MY RAGE UPON YOU ALL.
I figured you would be really big into Danzig.... He has little man Syndrome too... I was on tour with him 3 years ago as a manager for Deconstruct.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I figured you would be really big into Danzig.... He has little man Syndrome too... I was on tour with him 3 years ago as a manager for Deconstruct.
Isnt manager just another term for *roadie*? I ran with slipknot for 2 years, yet you dont see me calling myself their manager...lol.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isnt manager just another term for *roadie*? I ran with slipknot for 2 years, yet you dont see me calling myself their manager...lol.
Impressive, I have to admit...

I was on the entire Ministry tour when Joey Played Drums like 3 years ago. I have met a few Slipknot and they are all the most down to earth guys.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Little Man Syndrome at it's finest right there... My Wifes Ex Husband is like that, always wants to get in my face, and I back down every single time... I came at him once and he put his hand out for a handshake... LOL Little Man Syndrome.

My nephew is a little guy but works out 7 days a week, it's his whole life... But not an ounce of Little Man Syndrome on him... He's a good guy... real nice, never mean to anyone, but could kick some ass... Is MMA hopeful... (Ju Jitsu and Kickboxing, and wrestling) and gonna have a fight in Japan in Feb. 20 years old and is a saint. At least I can beat him at Tekken HAHA!

S

SUPRsalad

Roid-core.

A

Artemyth

I dun like 'music' or 'bands'. I just like songs.

Uhh. Taylor Swift sings a few good ones. OLP does. So does Rammstein and MSI. So does Madonna. xDDD

S

SUPRsalad

I dun like 'music' or 'bands'. I just like songs.

Uhh. Taylor Swift sings a few good ones. OLP does. So does Rammstein and MSI. So does Madonna. xDDD
HERE HERE!

you should check out Neutral Milk Hotel. The have lots of good songs. (all of them, that I am aware of)