• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is UO's most valuable item?

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hey everyone wanted to know what you think the most valuable item in the game might be? Think a Tram castle on ATL is or is there something that is worth more gold? Post what you think!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hey everyone wanted to know what you think the most valuable item in the game might be? Think a Tram castle on ATL is or is there something that is worth more gold? Post what you think!
I would say the most valuable things in game are the players. Without them no amount of virtual gold, castles, rares etc. has any value.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or the Sherry Mousehole things? Or the legendary Bright Pink Neon Pets that got released by an EM/Gm/Seer years and years ago

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if it is the most valuable but I have a portable anvil from the server birth back in 1997 . I have never seen another.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure if it is the most valuable but I have a portable anvil from the server birth back in 1997 . I have never seen another.
Because along with the portable forge, players know these items are insta-ban on your acct if caught with. :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As far as I know, the most valuable item is the "Void Rock". It is a 1/1 item with an extremely unique graphic. It has been sold for upwards of 25 billion in the past (which is about 4 times more than what an Atlantic trammel castle goes for).

Here are some pictures I just took of it sitting in it's current home. It spins around in various directions when it's locked down.

Untitled.png Untitled1.png

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant remember who I sold it too, but years ago I had a mislabeled Mesanna item. It had the graphic of one item but the name of another Mesanna item. I would assume this item would bring in a Pretty Penny, more then any other regular item.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As far as I know, the most valuable item is the "Void Rock". It is a 1/1 item with an extremely unique graphic. It has been sold for upwards of 25 billion in the past (which is about 4 times more than what an Atlantic trammel castle goes for).

Here are some pictures I just took of it sitting in it's current home. It spins around in various directions when it's locked down.

View attachment 54585 View attachment 54587
Maybe @Pampa DH owned or owns it... it's in his avatar and sig hehe :p

upload_2016-10-5_8-54-28.png

Last edited:

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
No amount of money would be enough, to purchase this uniqe set of War Drums, thus making them the most valuable item(s) in UO. :grin:

WarDrums.png

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A old Sewn by "Hugo Boss" leather cap. Why do you ask? Well, my first account which I opened in late 97 had a tailor whom I named HB but I sold the account and expect it to be never seen again. When I started playing again some years later I was working a crafter and recalled off to the Vesper tailor's where I had always done most of my shopping way back when. What might I see tossed on the floor but a cap sewn by my old guy. No one was around and this was after the double exp items had long since vanished yet here it was. So for some dumb luck and, I think, a one of a kind item and find I'd call this my personally holy grail.

The spinning thing is cool beyond anything I have.....

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pampa DH void rock is the most valuable and unique item. The most valuable unique usable item is the Navrey hole. If anyone has a Navery hole for sale I will buy it.

Last edited:

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since we are speaking about buying an item I'll add a guildstone for LMJ, LynchMob Justice, would command just about any chunk of coin I have ingame.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pampa DH void rock is the most valuable and unique item. The most valuable unique usable item is the Navrey hole. If anyone has a Navery hole for sale I will buy it.
Don't know of anyone that has it for sale, but if you play Atl, one of my LS guildmates has one at his Ter mur house (SE-ish from the moongate) - probably the closest you'd get.

And Pampa has the void rock, eh? Wonder if it's in his LS house (a rares museum)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thats a hard negative on that one.
Portable Anvils and Forges where not server birth's.
you created them for a time easily back in 1998/9

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
for many years i thought the Singing Ball was the coolest thing that i would kick out the most money for.
than that changed to the "Shard of the Gem of Immortality".

for me.
but i only deal in the 100's of million gold items.

some of the stuff listed above is multi billions of gold which is outside my comprehension.

my current most highly sought after expensive item is a fell set of Phoenix Armor.
only suit i dont have in game.
its my unicorn.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A old Sewn by "Hugo Boss" leather cap. Why do you ask? Well, my first account which I opened in late 97 had a tailor whom I named HB but I sold the account and expect it to be never seen again. When I started playing again some years later I was working a crafter and recalled off to the Vesper tailor's where I had always done most of my shopping way back when. What might I see tossed on the floor but a cap sewn by my old guy. No one was around and this was after the double exp items had long since vanished yet here it was. So for some dumb luck and, I think, a one of a kind item and find I'd call this my personally holy grail.

The spinning thing is cool beyond anything I have.....

Wow....this was a fun read Picus. Any chance this all took place on Napa Valley?

Because one of my favorite items is something I've had for a long time on my home shard of Napa.

bosskilt.jpg

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup Napa indeed, what a lovely item you have there.

Background to the story. My father had bought me a sweater from HB which was a very pricey item back then, well above anything I could afford. Myself and the other founders of LMJ had a old two story house which we used to hold sheep for the wool and making fancy shirts was one of the most effective ways of getting gold. So a tailor was needed and I was wearing the sweater that day hence Hugo was born.

Last edited:

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yup Napa indeed, what a lovely item you have there.

Background to the story. My father had bought me a sweater from HB which was a very pricey item back then, well above anything I could afford. Myself and the other founders of LMJ had a old two story house which we used to hold sheep for the wool and making fancy shirts was one of the most effective ways of getting gold. So a tailor was needed and I was wearing the sweater that day hence Hugo was born.

Very cool. I wish I could tell you more about the kilt but I've had it for so long I don't remember. I started on Napa in 98 and one of my earliest obsessions was (blessed) clothes. I bought, sold and traded old blessed items often and this kilt was one of my favorites because it was sewn.

And it's still on Napa Valley.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know what a soul snare sells for? I once stole one legitimately from an EMs friend but the EM didnt like it and abused her power and took it back outside of game mechanics. I always wondered what that cost me.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure it can't rival the Void Rock in price, but from my earliest days in UO (I'm a latecomer with only 11+ years in game), I've always desired the exploding oil flask locked down on the counter at the MOA auction house on Great Lakes. I'm not caught up in pixels, but that is one item I'd almost give my right nut to own. Great graphic and a cool story. I know someone who owned it at one time.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone know what a soul snare sells for? I once stole one legitimately from an EMs friend but the EM didnt like it and abused her power and took it back outside of game mechanics. I always wondered what that cost me.
Maybe you should tell what really happened and this is even in your own words. EM Overstepping Thier Authority? You stole an item from the EM not the EM's friend and Mesanna took the item out of your backpack where it was stuck and unremovable "The object of the event was to steal grapes or to PvP with people who had stolen grapes. Mesanna took the item from you because it's not an item players are supposed to have. The item was of no use to you; you weren't able to move it around in your pack or remove it from your pack. Did you really want it stuck in your backpack for all eternity? Mesanna very kindly offered you a Festival of the Grapes stein, which you declined." Good try.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whether it was stolen from the em or her friend is irrelevant. im not in the know as to whos who in em circles. the event was fel, the item was not stolen from an invulnerable character. i did not disrupt the em or the event. i simply played uo as intended. it is not a 1 of a kind item. ive seen one in a museum on gl. Sometimes i think the only reason some people were irate is because of the greed factor of certain rares collectors or because thier still mad that they were stolen from 16 years ago. Anyways my original reply was just asking what a soul snare is worth. Im sure one is worth quite a bit. I let it go long ago but from time to time I do wonder what could have been.

Last edited:

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who knows...

I won tournament of champions 15 years ago and have a unique from that tournament.
I have a full robe i won, Lord of the Pit, all of GL was dropped into a pit and i killed everyone.
I have the butchers apron, most of you newbs dont even know what that is

19 years with the same account and constant play, i dont even know some of the old stuff i have in my castles anymore...

could be something new, but i doubt it

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who knows...

I won tournament of champions 15 years ago and have a unique from that tournament.
I have a full robe i won, Lord of the Pit, all of GL was dropped into a pit and i killed everyone.
I have the butchers apron, most of you newbs dont even know what that is

19 years with the same account and constant play, i dont even know some of the old stuff i have in my castles anymore...

could be something new, but i doubt it
When did homer sell the jhelom apron and how much did he get from ya?

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering the same thing about that apron. I haven't seen Homer in 6 months to a year.

cutty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One sale, a one of a kind item from Mesanna's 2010 World Tour, paid for my entire 15 years of playing+. I'll leave it at that.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The part that I find impressive about it is how big it is and how much space it takes up.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe my memory is failing me, but, wasn't there a sword given out right at the end of beta or an at event that happened right after the game went live? I could swear there was something like that.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe my memory is failing me, but, wasn't there a sword given out right at the end of beta or an at event that happened right after the game went live? I could swear there was something like that.
Yeah, it was a 1/1 sword crafted by Lord British I think. I'm not sure why, but it was taken back and deleted not long afterwards.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say the most valuable things in game are the players. Without them no amount of virtual gold, castles, rares etc. has any value.
I knew, just knew, as I was reading the title of this post, that some sycophant would come out with this tired, boring cliched reply. Thanks for not disappointing me.