• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is UO's most valuable item?

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I knew, just knew, as I was reading the title of this post, that some sycophant would come out with this tired, boring cliched reply. Thanks for not disappointing me.
*looks up from his seat by the fire and raps his staff on the ground with one solid thump*

"Dispirio Malas"

"Back under that bridge with you. and some broccoli for good measure" :danceb::danceb::danceb:

"There is are no more valuable pixels in the game than the ones that makes up a player who is exploring the land."

*Settles his staff back down and returns to his deep thoughts by the fire.*

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd hope that would go without saying. the thread was directed at "item" after all.

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I would say it's a coin toss between the white ridgeback and the void rock. Ridgeback is more valuable to me because it can be used. Here's a pic for those that haven't seen it.

*had the glacial horse not died I would have said it was most valuable. R.I.P !!

Attachments

FisherNap

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Though I have not really played the game in roughly 15 years, the most valuable single items I owned were a Trammel castle, and a valorite runic hammer.

The valorite hammer was the 1st or 2nd on Catskills, back when they produced 50 of the best possible weapons. I realize that valorite runic hammers are not nearly the formidable tools that they once were.

I sold both the castle and the hammer for the identical amount. This was, of course, many years ago.

I had a good deal of rare decorative items, but nothing came close in value to those two things.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The people.
All of them? This ill thought out and cliched reply seems to forget the dupers, cheaters, scripters and all round ass holes that make up 'the people' of UO. You could easily argue that 'the people' are the bane of UO, not its most valuable item, as they have contributed to both its slow painfull downfall and its longevity at the same time.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I had in my possession the whispering rose from A Drunkard which used to be locked down in the old Red Eye Tavern of Napa. *sigh*
Somewhere through the years it got lost. :(

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All of them? This ill thought out and cliched reply seems to forget the dupers, cheaters, scripters and all round ass holes that make up 'the people' of UO. You could easily argue that 'the people' are the bane of UO, not its most valuable item, as they have contributed to both its slow painfull downfall and its longevity at the same time.

*goes into a bit more detail so you don't think her words ill thought or cliche*

For me, the most value thing in UO are the people. Although I would and could play alone if the game was stand alone... ala Skyrim let us say, but for me, I have come accustomed to seeing certain faces and listening to people, even if they are the polar opposite of what I stand for. Just like in "the real world" I don't know who is truly a bad person when they are in front of me in the grocery store paying with a stolen credit card vs someone who is doing something illegal in game. I don't have the means to detect if they are cheating, scripting, duping, etc. I do know a few buttholes, but I don't ASSociate with them in game, just like the buttholes in real life are avoided. Although I do have a lot of useless items in game I would not part with, saying the people was a genuine answer for me. But, I will change my answer to pixelated PCs since they technically are in the game and tickle me to death when I see one scurrying around.