• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What did you do to Europa?!

T

Trevelyan

Personally, I find this distressingly annoying - for months I havent been able to play properly and, finally, on a day I managed to spend any decent amount of time playing...

While it isnt anything that big, it does get me a bit down really. I had some armours and stuff sorted out from this invasion, got myself a black bat, and some grey spellbook from one of the invading forces that, I guess, dropped in an unusual way.

At the end of the day, yeah it was fun - but the fun is quite often the knowledge that what you have will stay there the next day. That you can build up your stuff, items and all, the time you invest can be quantified by whatever virtual goods you own.

Giving a few tokens away wont replace anything, nor will any compensation other than what we all individually have lost as a result of this. Leto, for example - leave him be and say "oh well" is just as unfair as giving him his characters back (and not others their stuff). I havent logged in at all today, because I bargained the time with my girlfriend "Let me have a day of UO and tomorrow I wont go near the PC" kind of thing. But I am sure many people may have not been affected by the revert and have spent all of today collecting things. Whatever happens, you cant make everyone happy, but neglecting the situation entirely will make a lot of people unhappy.