• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What did you do to Europa?!

X

Xizz

Server went down.

20ish mins later it goes up.

Rollbacked atleast 8hours?!

2 legacy tokens gone just like that, yay?

WHAT DID YOU DO TO EUROPA? :|

--

seems that whole yesterday is lost? wee?

T

trammelite

i thought i was wrong when i recognized that one of my chars was missing his yesterday's skillgain !!
but now it makes sense - a rollback !! why ?

*edit: must be at least the whole yesterday evening. i have lost all the threads of fate i collected ....

L

lazybones

Were any other shards reverted or just europa?

i only lost one of the new talismans and a couple of bats, and a bout 4 hours of play time.

1 Peeved Europa player.:(

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Server went down.

20ish mins later it goes up.

Rollbacked atleast 8hours?!

2 legacy tokens gone just like that, yay?

WHAT DID YOU DO TO EUROPA? :|

--

seems that whole yesterday is lost? wee?
I've let operations know that something has happened with Europa's backup - we apologize for the inconvenience the rollback may have caused

I

Inquisitor [AK]

o yea great thanks for wasting my time!
at least some kind of gift as compensation for loss would be nice i mean all that event **** i lost, not to mention the time i spend and the red eyes i got from playin a night straight

X

Xizz

What Bones asked for? It did no backup at all? or it just failed miserably with starting with yesterdays? Start to bug your customer service for my tokens or not. That is the question.

L

lazybones

If memory serves me right, its been a couple of years since i last played, if the back up screws up like this they used to to be able to revert to one of the hourly saves or something. so that the whole day wasn't lost, just depends how bad it screwed up i suppose or if they can be bothered.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh* I thought days like this were behind us.

I've lost a small spider web, plus a couple of the other special trick or treat goodies. I guess I'll be trick or treating some more today.

I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting un-rolled back, I don't remember that ever happening before. Just be thankful it's only a once in a blue moon occurrence these days and not 3 times per day.

O

Oppurtunity

I lost three hours worth of skill training, and a lot of stuff I'd bought. I expect a gift or something.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must still assess my own damage, but at first glance I lost half a day of collecting threads in Magincia. A small loss ofc compared to the OP who had used tokens he had bought from EA.

T

twoflower25

To me it looks like a full day - 24 hours - of game play has been lost.

All the work I did moving houses and decorationg my newly acquired house - hours and hours of work :(

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I lost the complete days work as mostly all of us did... and I´m pissed!!!
Hours of grinding and killing those damn corrupted souls..... *shakes fist*

T

trifon

I lost all one day, not have: patch, book, money, grow skill, points of fame and karma, etc........, and one of my chars was in miasma (laberinth), alive .........,
devs return all lost¡¡¡¡¡

J

Jorgius

The rollback is exactly 24 hours. I never saw something like that in the past 42 months of play.

well, I'm a straight person: in 6 days my 3 months gametime expires. Time to have another break from the game.

Not that rollback fault, I was already bored. But this is just insane: losing one day of game and doing again and again the same things.

P

Ponda Baba

I'm more of a lurker than poster, but this has prompted me to vent.

I'm not going to say that this is the final straw etc. and I'm quitting, but I really don't have the inclination to log in again today.

Went in to check if I was affected by the rollback and yup, lost everything I did yesterday.

It's not often I can spend a Saturday online playing UO, but I'd shuffled RL stuff around to partake in the event.....and now for what ?

Ok, my loss won't be as much as some people's, but I got a couple of drops from the liches, grinded my way around Mag to get enough threads for all my chars to do the quest.(having to dust off my Necro in the process)

....and the biggest loss - my Saturday - ok, it was fun, and if there hadn't have been a roll back there'd be no feeling of 'wasting' my Satuday, as some of my friends would think......but sadly I have wasted a day for nothing.

Sorry for the rant, hopefully my next post will be more upbeat.

***shuffles off to play on the Wii - if anything goes wrong on that at least I've only lost 5 minutes game time***

:sad4:

J

Jorgius

I won't quit ofc. Its just that I play since 1999, leave and come back often.
Well, in 42 months of gametime, i dont remember a 24 hours rollback.
Not a single line of text in the owo website.

I just login and find my char harmed in the cemetery. Lol not a goodmorning indeed.

I feel the same like you: bored to play today, to do same things of yesterday: gossamers, threads, invasion, liches. I feel so bored just to think about that!

I will just empty my tower and have a break :) Maybe 'til SA hits the shelves.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, first day I could really play most of the time since the event started. From getting bods in the morning, feeding fishes, stocking vendors, gaining skills (Begging most )collect threads for four chars , large spider web quest and the whole evening in graveyards.. (ok i did not get anything special. just gold and a big bag if weapons for imbueing)
I really feel sorry for thoose wh are busier than me in the weeks and had more luck with loot than I had.

Back to collect threads:sad3:

T

Traveller

Great, a full day dedicated to training the most boring skill goes down in the drain, few days after I just reopened my only account. This is simply unacceptable. Way to go in retaining your customers, EA...

rareitem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I used a legacy token yesterday and the code is not working anymore I lost my soulstone and hours of work , I espect some kind of compensation at least send me a new legacy code, this is really annoying....

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i had been training Detect hiden all day (Faction thief). The only day i can train all day and I went from 95.5 to 99.8 now im back to 95.5 I am unable to train again untill next saturday which puts me joining a faction back by ONE WEEK

This is just not good enough! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

S

Splup

I didn't lose anything, but I feel sry for my fellow europeans who lost items/skills they have worked for.

M

Miss Polly

I don't often get angry (or even post!) but... :cursing:

Was up til 3am last night moving vendors from one shop to a new one! Got to do it all again now!!!!
Great!

At least I did not get one of the new drops as people must have yesterday.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First thing I thought when I saw my char back in my house in the outfit I used for the Grd halloween party on Friday was "24 hour revert"... since I changed back into my normal gear at 9am(ish) yesterday. Guess I was right :(

K

Ker

As far as I can tell this is more than a 24 hour rollback. It looks more like a rollback to the start of Publish 56.

F

Fox (Europa)

As far as I can tell this is more than a 24 hour rollback. It looks more like a rollback to the start of Publish 56.
Yes, its at least a day's rollback but not as far as P56 as I still have a Conjurer's Trinket. I think they used the wrong backup. Doesn't seem much point doing anything in UO today because if they do restore the right backup then we lose all today's progress.

Fox

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, I still have stuff I got on Friday.

What amazes me is EA US seem to have known nothing about it till Draconi read it here. It's almost as if someone just re-started the shard after maintenance with the wrong back up.

Those who used tokens will probably need to email customer support with the details. I assume the codes will be re-set or new ones issued. I've not actually come across the problem myself.

S

Sir Kenga

I've let operations know that something has happened with Europa's backup - we apologize for the inconvenience the rollback may have caused
Draconi are we going to have a rollback to the right backup?

M

Miss Polly

I think it was only 24 hours too - the amounts on my vendors are identical to what they were Friday night!

Would be nice to know sooner rather than later if they are going to revert again, dont want to do everything twice if it is!

:please:

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed very annoying.....I lost several new items that took me most of yesterday to get.

However trying to revert back to last night at 2pm today will be as bad as the revert anyway.

However it would be nice if it was confirmed that the events will run an extra day for Europa (as we have lost a day), and perhaps a little gift wouldnt go a miss............there of lots of very annoyed people here.

I havent seen a revert like this since pre-aos........it just should not happen these days.

Furthermore the fact that nothing has even been mentioned on the UO site to explain what has happend is just plain wrong..........We all pay fees for this game, its about time we got treated like proper customers again like we did in the old days!

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yup, took me 3-4 hours this morning to get a conjurer's Grimoire :(
Oh well, back to farming :)

N

NewThunder

What amazes me is EA US seem to have known nothing about it till Draconi read it here. It's almost as if someone just re-started the shard after maintenance with the wrong back up.

Those who used tokens will probably need to email customer support with the details. I assume the codes will be re-set or new ones issued. I've not actually come across the problem myself.

The system is likely automated; when the server goes down and recycles, when it comes up it likely looks for the last verified shard save; in this case it seems to have taken one several hours before server down, so likely something happened to corrupt the server saves closer to when the server went down. I am surprised a notification system is not in place that someone is alerted when a save has to be used form that far back.

X

Xel Naga

It's a shame you all signed up fully accepting the terms of possible server downtime, errors, and any problems that may ensue that disrupt your normal gameplay in the terms of service.

Does it suck? most definitely does, but that's part of games online and you'll have to deal with it knowing full well that at anytime something like this could happen and they won't always do anything to "reward" you for the time lost. Companies like blizzard will sometimes give you compensated gametime if their game disrupts gameplay for the masses for the time lost, but I highly doubt you'll ever see UO doing it, they need every penny.

I am surprised a notification system is not in place that someone is alerted when a save has to be used form that far back.
But that would require an actual employed staff to tend to the gerbils running the wheels of UO ! With the budget crisis and mass layoffs across the country I don't think this would be on their top priorities of jobs to keep open.

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys its a hardware/software failure that they couldnt control. Get over it.

C

Connection lost

Well, it wasted alot of my time. I used last night to equip some chars and farm silver for the new faction items. It's all gone now, so I see no point in playing any more until they atleast notify us that everything is back to normal. This is hilarious though, a full day gone during an event.. way to go!!! =)

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the shard went down during the time when clocks were moved backwards then it might have been tricked into pulling yesterday's backup. If they didn't bring it down by now I doubt they are going to bring the shard down and revert it, losing all of today's progress.

K

Kiminality

Personally, as I sit here training begging, with an incredible sense of deja vu (92! \o/), I'm lead to wonder if the devs know the reason why this happened, and can give some assurance that I'm not going to be starting tomorrow at 91.7 begging.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

Personally, as I sit here training begging, with an incredible sense of deja vu (92! \o/), I'm lead to wonder if the devs know the reason why this happened, and can give some assurance that I'm not going to be starting tomorrow at 91.7 begging.
i went from 98.8 back to 97.8....

trained the complete day...:sad2:

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But, even though the "progress" was lost, did you enjoy the time you were playing?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel bad for the guy who posted on the Europa forum that he soulstoned some skills and then deleted the characters they came from. The characters are apparently gone; so it looks like he lost both the skills AND the characters.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch. I didn't realize the characters were not on the servers themselves. I wouldn't have thought that was possible.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You cannot reset codes as easily, as they are not shard specific. Someone in the customer service will have to check all the codes used yesterday and on wich shard they were used (hopefully that last info exist!).

D

Delfer

I think I speak for everyone when I say
I Demand Compensation!!!!1!11!1!

I only lost two undead slayer spell books, a hell of a lot of gold, tons of time spent raising skills and some of my life. I feel sorry for those who lost even more due to this "Rollback". I want something to make up for this! A whole day of time on this game was wasted, we better get something to make up for it!

:stretcher:

B

Bigmikeuk

It's not the end of the world is it? Who cares!?
Yeah it sucks, but there's worse things going on!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The whole day eventing totally wasted....wtf? 24 hour roll back?? wtf

T

Traveller

Companies like blizzard will sometimes give you compensated gametime if their game disrupts gameplay for the masses for the time lost, but I highly doubt you'll ever see UO doing it, they need every penny.
Legally you are right, but they won't see pennies if people gets so pissed off that they leave the game.... especially when they make the comparison with the above mentioned blizzard... :) The guy who lost both skills AND characters must not feel very much like continuing to pay EA. In his place I would close the account for good.