• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We’ve opened EA-Land to free players!

I

Inge Jones

<blockquote><hr>

Rather than allowing them into "real" skill and money houses. Why not revamp the Welcome Category. Allow single money objects that 0 there and allow skilling at a slower pace. A nice little popup saying how much money they would have earned if they were a subscriber would be funny. No skill locks but still the ability to interact with objects and learn how to use them. It's not likely they can do much with 10skill points anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just the game objects and challenges though - part of wanting to stay with a game is that you've made friends in it. Anything that reduces social integration with the subscribing members is missing the one of the main reasons that a player might develop a loyalty to the game and wish to become an even more involved part of it.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Free access to EA-Land will be more than free access to play TSO. The future of EA-land is not necessarily the future of TSO. Reading the blog for months, I expect to see portals to other activities and games pop up in EA-Land.

There are many people out there that don't want to play TSO. They just want to build a house and have friends join them in an online community atmosphere.
However, without access to ATM machines or stores, I don't foresee many doing this yet.

There are many people that are no longer interested in playing TSO, that still have friends here they would enjoy visiting from time to time.

Free access to EA-land is not the same thing as a "free trial" to play TSO. They mentioned that the "free trial" type of login will be disabled temporarily until they come up with a new "free trial" for TSO.

Currently, free access is just a "visitor pass" to Ea-Land.

T

TSO-E Sarah

Great thread all. I just wanted to clarify two points, briefly.

1. Free players do not 'lose' money. When they make a gnome for example, the payout is actually zero. We need to fix the 'tooltip' figure that appears over Sim's heads when they get paid as it is not displaying the value that was actually paid out.

2. In the update going on EA-Land today free players will be able to resize their lots.

G

Guys, I was hoping someone could help. I downloaded the game, and am trying to get into EA Land (Beta) and it has been stuck at 0 percent for about 20 minutes or more. I have quit &amp; restarted a couple times, and it just wont move.

Is it closed?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

No cash out will not work because you could have one paid account
and several free accounts and just pass all your money over to your
paid acct to cash out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see a problem with that. It's still one particular accountable human doing the cashing out, which still somewhat guards against scamming, as it is possible for EA to track this person if necessary. If it's all fair play rather than a scam, I already said that there is no reason why free account holders should not be useful to the subscribers

[/ QUOTE ]It's also a moot point since free accounts cannot earn money from in-game objects. Their only sources of income are what other sims give them or what they pull from the ATM.

G

<blockquote><hr>

At no cost to me, it sounds like a win win situation. Now if I can find some time, I'll be there..

[/ QUOTE ]ELGA!!!!

Come back to us! Like you said, you have nothing to lose, and thus no excuse not to!

G

I'm a little confused - the blog post says that free players can't enter skills or money lots.

Are they now able to enter money lots but not earn money?
Can they now enter skill lots?

Can free players be roomies? If so can they be roomies in every category?

Thanks

Polly

I

Inge Jones

And can free account Sims use the ATMs and purchase land with the simoleans they buy? I had a couple of newbie free accounts stop by my home wanting advice on what they could do about getting a home or a job.