• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warrior Challenge (May 2015): Chief Paroxysmus

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I may be a few months late, but I finally got around to giving this a try.

Took my vampire paladin in there, and I can say that while it worked just fine - low chance of death etc, this can't be the best template in here. Overall including killing the putrefactions it took me roughly 15 minutes.

Because I lack bushido, I top out at mid 100s (I think I topped at 141) damage with my longsword. Honor would REALLY come in handy for the added damage. Would save quite a lot of time.

I feel like I should sway resist for ... something. If I swap to bushido in, then I don't parry, unless I also make a 2h weapon.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Decided to try this today! Getting the keys was a pain. Fighting that green deamon was probably harder than Paroxymus. Died from the acid river once, didn't expect that considering I was able to run across all the other acid rivers. Learned my lesson the hard way.

With bushido and chivalry, it's pretty easy. Easier than Dreadhorn in my opinion.

Attachments

BearCorpse

Adventurer
pub85 4:15 first hit to Chief diying.
pub90 3:45 first hit to Chief diying.

Two-handed axe, 120 SS, 120 tactics,100 anatomy, 80 bushido, 100 lumberjacking, 100 necromancy, 115 chivalry.
No swamp dragon for not lose damage when taking counter damage.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
=
pub85 4:15 first hit to Chief diying.
pub90 3:45 first hit to Chief diying.

Two-handed axe, 120 SS, 120 tactics,100 anatomy, 80 bushido, 100 lumberjacking, 100 necromancy, 115 chivalry.
No swamp dragon for not lose damage when taking counter damage.
Very nice! What buffs do you have on? From left to right, i see vampiric embrace, ???, city buff, ???, ???, greater strength, greater agility, enemy of one, bushido honor. Can't tell what the "????" ones are.

BearCorpse

Adventurer
=

Very nice! What buffs do you have on? From left to right, i see vampiric embrace, ???, city buff, ???, ???, greater strength, greater agility, enemy of one, bushido honor. Can't tell what the "????" ones are.
Thanks.
1st Poison immunity(Vampiric embrace effect),2nd Enchant fish pie(+8% HCI 5min),3rd petal of the rose of trinsic(+5str 5min)

Reactions: hen