• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vending machine artifacts... What next?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So how would we control vote's from multi accounter's like your self?.
Umm should I somehow feel bad that I have 10 active accounts? Guess I should have been guilt ridden when I had 56 active. No w wise guy show me where I have ever claimed some higher status because I have a lot of accounts. You see the rest of Siege knows me and that I don't do that kind of stuff and certainly do not consider myself above anyone else. What I do with my accounts more than anything is try to help folks out. Now granted the next governor election I am going to participate in the election rigging simply to balance it out and I think I was fairly open about it that :) You do realize a large part of why UO still exist is because of people like me? If everyone dropped down to 1 account or even 2 that would most likely be the day the plug was pulled. I like many others maintain multi accts to help keep the game running, not because we want to control UO but because we love UO. Since January I have dropped a hair over $5,000 on subs and Store purchases, there are others that have spent a whole lot more than me. Most of those store purchases I sell to people for UO gold or trades sometimes because they don't want to spend the cash or can't afford the cash. I have given 6 month game time codes away for free to folks that were going through a rough patch IRL and didn't beg for the help. When I drop the code written in a book in the mail box and see in GC someone say "WOW" Thanks for the 6 month code whoever left it" Yeah I am a real tyrant trying to dominate with my multi accts. And if you are someone I dropped a GTC in the mail box for, you owe me nothing and certainly no public thanks needed, my thanks to you guys for accepting them, using them and being a part of UO :) It should be noted that I am not the only nasty multi accounter that does this, so it may not have even been me that dropped the code but I ain't going to out the other two folks that I know that do this. That is one example of what SIEGE is all about, the community is the backbone of Siege not one individual player no matter how many accounts they have. In this discussion I give MY single opinion just as in game I might have 10-20-56 accts but speak with one voice only for all. So stop trying to somehow make those of us with multiple accounts out to be the bad guys here, it just don't hold water.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
I did no where said you were one of those"nasty multi accounter's",and no you should not feel bad about having more than one account.

But when you try to come across to people that it's bad to have this or that initated,and you tell people you have that many account's,and self efficient, how would other's think?.

Are you blamming me to see thing's that way before you posted this?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did no where said you were one of those"nasty multi accounter's",and no you should not feel bad about having more than one account.

But when you try to come across to people that it's bad to have this or that initated,and you tell people you have that many account's,and self efficient, how would other's think?.

Are you blamming me to see thing's that way before you posted this?
So open a second mule account or be nice to the people that have them, most of us will make whatever you want FOR FREE if you supply the spec ingredients, and are not a **** (Richard Cranium) in game.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
So open a second mule account or be nice to the people that have them, most of us will make whatever you want FOR FREE if you supply the spec ingredients, and are not a **** (Richard Cranium) in game.

Hmmm?, no where did i say i was looking for handout's,for most of my time on seige,i was SOLO!!!(17+YEAR'S!)ANYONE WHO KNOW'S ME CAN VERIFY THAT!.

I am here to disscuss about something that i feel is worth my time to disscuss!!!! get it?!!!

Here you go again with one of those post's who make's one think you have a hollier than thou attitude,to make one think you ARE one of those multi account zerg's,and then to turn around and act like you are just great!.

Like i said I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE 500 ACCOUNT'S! AND ARE SUPPORTIing the game all by your self! it's just that the way you say thing's like oh let's not implement this or that ! and then to turn around and say you have this and that many account's ,make's one feel like you are trying to supress other's! get it?!!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The end of this story is these guys want to loot. You can not loot any where else. They want to take stuff. They want Broadsword to make it easier for them to loot. They want that silly rush of lawlessness. Good luck.
Siege was born with looting, nothing wrong with looting. I had been here sinse Siege was born and there had always been guilds who love looting. We do have one red player on the shard now, who came with his brigands many years ago. Their playstyle was jumping out of hiding and kill and heavy loot their victims. I remember I asked them, why they had to heavy loot and they told me, they got looted a lot so they needed to loot to survive.
They learned and changed. They was in many years a loved and respected RP red guild, but they did not get much love when they started out as most new PK guilds had done here. Some learned and stayed, othere did not make it as they got looted a lot and had hard replacing the lost stuff.

HI5 is far from the worse group I had seen here so lets end this stupid war and try to find outr what we can do helping the shard and keep more of our new PvP'ers. Yes I know, some of you don't want looting PK's here, but sorry, it is Siege not Trammel.

Siege is fine for the Siege players. Ask around before you try to change the entire shard to meet your needs.
So Feanare, The Bo, Crunch, Calamity. Freelsy, Lore Denin, me and many others are not Siege players? It was around 50% last we voted, who wanted the item here. What about all the players who gave up?

Trust me. I am not the only Siege player that feels Siege needs to be Siege. All of these folks asking for Siege to cater to them is on my mind.
Problem is, the Siege you want is not the same I want. Siege had not been Siege for years, not sinse we lost our last active PvP/PK guild with 10+ members

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive been playing here for a few years. How is a new person that comes here to pvp suppose to be able to get those items they need, and to be able to replace them if they die a lot? Im an average pvper at best and even I couldnt afford to die and replace items even if I only died twice a week. I wouldnt be pvping very long.
Again, I am fine with adding these items, I just think one side underselling the impact of these items, and the other is overselling them. These items ARE powerful, but I still think it would be overall beneficial to add them... if they aren locked.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not overpowered its the new standard to pvp,

Prior to AOS we didnt have DCI or HCI caps, these items just allow you to cap your pvp abilities.
That's the thing, I think you prodo people are trying to make the argument that a more prodo level suit is what you NEED to pvp on siege. It's not, it just gives you a big advantage if you do have a suit of that level.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So your guys removing siege items was your way of adapting to siege?
It was pushing back against prodo code bleed over we never should have had. We never should have had faction arties back then, it was a terrible idea. It's less of a big deal now, but it's still not ideal, IMO. Everyone needs better access to core pieces, not just pvpers. Ideally there would be increased drop rates on other stuff to even it out, but since there won't be, these items should be universal. Everyone wins.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some may think that being a Siege player is a earned with hard work and time invested. Others believe that everyone should be given an opportunity and the time it currently takes to become prepared is too long and drives players away.
I think both views are correct. You should need to work to get what you need, but maybe just not as hard as you do currently. That's why I would prefer some kind of general boost rather than a boost just for those who want to pvp.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm?, no where did i say i was looking for handout's,for most of my time on seige,i was SOLO!!!(17+YEAR'S!)ANYONE WHO KNOW'S ME CAN VERIFY THAT!.

I am here to disscuss about something that i feel is worth my time to disscuss!!!! get it?!!!

Here you go again with one of those post's who make's one think you have a hollier than thou attitude,to make one think you ARE one of those multi account zerg's,and then to turn around and act like you are just great!.

Like i said I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE 500 ACCOUNT'S! AND ARE SUPPORTIing the game all by your self! it's just that the way you say thing's like oh let's not implement this or that ! and then to turn around and say you have this and that many account's ,make's one feel like you are trying to supress other's! get it?!!
I am not a native speaker myself, but I think reading this English possessive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia would help alot...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they want it easier for poeple to loot,the would ask for no stealth ,no taming nothing else but before AOS era seige.
Plenty of pvpers have asked for stealth to be seriously nerfed on siege, and to require pets to only bond with a siege bless. :p

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think both views are correct. You should need to work to get what you need, but maybe just not as hard as you do currently. That's why I would prefer some kind of general boost rather than a boost just for those who want to pvp.
The only people who think faction arties should be removed are people who are non faction pvpers.. Just like in WoW they call for pvp armor to be removed. But what about the person that spends their time farming sigils and doing vvv towns? are you saying they are not entitled to loot?

As I said before every siege player was on a even playing ground when they could just farm 3k and buy a barbed armor.. I feel every person would be on a even playing ground if they can do vvv and farm a basic pvp suit, Not some trash....

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

After your claimed 17 years, one would think you would have learned to spell SIEGE :)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only people who think faction arties should be removed are people who are non faction pvpers.. Just like in WoW they call for pvp armor to be removed. But what about the person that spends their time farming sigils and doing vvv towns? are you saying they are not entitled to loot?

As I said before every siege player was on a even playing ground when they could just farm 3k and buy a barbed armor.. I feel every person would be on a even playing ground if they can do vvv and farm a basic pvp suit, Not some trash....
No. It's not even ground. Forcing people into a playstyle they don't want is not "fair". The concession people have been asking for is ****ing miniscule (not being faction locked), but only one of you seems willing to consider it, apparently, so whatever.

Second of all, you clearly didn't play siege back then, or you simply didn't give a ****. It had a serious impact on the shard. It's not the same now, but it's still a bonus that you get that no one else would have access to, simply for doing what you like to do. You don't want to be forced into pvm, pvmers don't want to be forced into pvp.

What would be am equal footing would be everyone getting the same items by doing what they want to do. Since dev time won't happen, and the odds that you get the majority of players (non pvpers) to agree to restricted VvV items is low, try to have some flexibility?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not a native speaker myself, but I think reading this English possessive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia would help alot...
The trouble with english is it is a backwards language, European Boat People, Colonial English is even worse. Very difficult coming into the colonials world and learning to speak english. 35 years later I still find myself putting sentences together backwards in English and having to correct them. Sadly we are down to a handful of fluent speaker of my Native language. So I ain't going to slam the guy for the language barrier. LOL When I go back home, speaking English in my families camp is forbidden, so when I come back to the fake world my english is really bad for a few weeks.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
No. It's not even ground. Forcing people into a playstyle they don't want is not "fair". The concession people have been asking for is ****ing miniscule (not being faction locked), but only one of you seems willing to consider it, apparently, so whatever.

Second of all, you clearly didn't play siege back then, or you simply didn't give a ****. It had a serious impact on the shard. It's not the same now, but it's still a bonus that you get that no one else would have access to, simply for doing what you like to do. You don't want to be forced into pvm, pvmers don't want to be forced into pvp.

What would be am equal footing would be everyone getting the same items by doing what they want to do. Since dev time won't happen, and the odds that you get the majority of players (non pvpers) to agree to restricted VvV items is low, try to have some flexibility?
The loot has been updated you FOOL,Why dont you get that?

Every problem you had with the VVV system was fixed.

People cant sell their Silver anymore
the VVV items are not best in Slot,
You need to actively participate in vvv to get these items.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The loot has been updated you FOOL,Why dont you get that?

Every problem you had with the VVV system was fixed.

People cant sell their Silver anymore
the VVV items are not best in Slot,
You need to actively participate in vvv to get these items.
Since you apparently cannot be bothered to read the **** I post, 1) Jesus. Christ. for the 1000000th time I am in FAVOR of these items. Probably the ONLY pvmer whos is... 2) I even said it was different now in the ****ing post you are quoting, 3) I have been trying to get people to compromise so you could get the items you want, but **** you bud, I'm done trying.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you apparently cannot be bothered to read the **** I post, 1) Jesus. Christ. for the 1000000th time I am in FAVOR of these items. Probably the ONLY pvmer whos is... 2) I even said it was different now in the ****ing post you are quoting, 3) I have been trying to get people to compromise so you could get the items you want, but **** you bud, I'm done trying.
I actually would not mind them, just don't like the idea of people being forced in VVV to be on a level field. VVV is for PvP and Thieves but the gear would put the PvM at a big disadvantage because the VVV gear would be what would have to be faced outside of VVV. Sorry but the way I see it, right now everyone has access to the same gear and things are about as balanced as they have ever been. The PvM has a reasonable chance at avoiding death or fighting back against a PK and the PvPs are on equal footing. If they would happen to get added I would hope it is done in a way that gives everyone equal access to them PvM and PvP. Unlike prodo where the VVV items are no big deal to PvM , it is a big deal on Siege and would tip the balance way over to the PvP side once again. I must admit I kind of like imbue and reforging and those who know how to get the best results from it in control of the best items that can be obtained without spending countless hours farming arties. As the people very pro have pointed out better items can be obtained via crafting and farming majors and legendaries, so it is not like the gear isn't available to put together top tier suits.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't be against it if it's available to everyone to use. Maybe just plain artifacts that are being farmed being put on a npc vendor for everyone.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I actually would not mind them, just don't like the idea of people being forced in VVV to be on a level field. VVV is for PvP and Thieves but the gear would put the PvM at a big disadvantage because the VVV gear would be what would have to be faced outside of VVV. Sorry but the way I see it, right now everyone has access to the same gear and things are about as balanced as they have ever been. The PvM has a reasonable chance at avoiding death or fighting back against a PK and the PvPs are on equal footing. If they would happen to get added I would hope it is done in a way that gives everyone equal access to them PvM and PvP. Unlike prodo where the VVV items are no big deal to PvM , it is a big deal on Siege and would tip the balance way over to the PvP side once again. I must admit I kind of like imbue and reforging and those who know how to get the best results from it in control of the best items that can be obtained without spending countless hours farming arties. As the people very pro have pointed out better items can be obtained via crafting and farming majors and legendaries, so it is not like the gear isn't available to put together top tier suits.
I understand you are for the artifacts under certain conditions, so am I. If a non vvver is wearing artifacts they need to be orange to me. Simple.

The removal of the artifacts forced me into pvm. Now I must try to farm. But I cant farm the items to get my mods I need. Where can I farm heritage tokens? Where can I get tailsmans besides t hunting or pay half a mill for them every time I die? Now I am forced into a play style I dont really enjoy. How is that fair?

There has to be some middle ground on this.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
No, more concerned with your credibility :)
Are you F'in serious? my credibility? first you are my spell checking police,now you are my financial officer! lol.

All in seriousness,if I didn't care about siege or play siege,i wouldn't waste my time posting here or replying to troll's like yourself.....

P.S. I spelled siege right! happy now?

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We do have one red player on the shard now, who came with his brigands many years ago. Their playstyle was jumping out of hiding and kill and heavy loot their victims. I remember I asked them, why they had to heavy loot and they told me, they got looted a lot so they needed to loot to survive. They learned and changed.
If you're talking about me and TBB this story is not really true. When we started on Siege some of us were former Orcs and had played here for years. We had a loot lightly policy from the start, which only changed towards guilds that drylooted, ****talked or griefed us. We also didn't jump out of hiding just like that. Back then we set up traps for people and demanded gold. If they didn't pay the were killed and looted lightly. If anything then the longer we stayed on Siege the more people made our dryloot list .That being said this is soo many years ago and pretty much everything has changed. Our playstyle is simply not possible anymore in today's Siege (which is why there are no more Orcs, Undead, Brigands etc.)...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If you're talking about me and TBB this story is not really true. When we started on Siege some of us were former Orcs and had played here for years. We had a loot lightly policy from the start, which only changed towards guilds that drylooted, ****talked or griefed us. We also didn't jump out of hiding just like that. Back then we set up traps for people and demanded gold. If they didn't pay the were killed and looted lightly. If anything then the longer we stayed on Siege the more people made our dryloot list .That being said this is soo many years ago and pretty much everything has changed. Our playstyle is simply not possible anymore in today's Siege (which is why there are no more Orcs, Undead, Brigands etc.)...
I was heavy looted and I asked why. Now I guess I was UDL at that time so that may have explained it.
I do remember I was mad :p
But maybe my memory is messed up, was so many red guilds at that time

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand you are for the artifacts under certain conditions, so am I. If a non vvver is wearing artifacts they need to be orange to me. Simple.

The removal of the artifacts forced me into pvm. Now I must try to farm. But I cant farm the items to get my mods I need. Where can I farm heritage tokens? Where can I get tailsmans besides t hunting or pay half a mill for them every time I die? Now I am forced into a play style I dont really enjoy. How is that fair?

There has to be some middle ground on this.
Not really seeing a downside to everyone wearing them turning orange, Except one and that is banking. But I have always been of the belief that the GZ should only be in the immediate area of the banks, whether it is pvp or past invasions the limits on spells mage types can use in town is stupid. Of course I always believed Reds should have anti virtue system equal to the virtue system. ALways wondered why a system could not put in place for say sacrifice where instead of using fame on a daemon or Liche, the Red player could execute a innocent for the same sacrifice benefits. Or instead of returning lost items..... Stealing items..... etc. I have 4 characters in VVV and really run no more risk with them than I do non VVV. And I do see your point as to the expense and time of replacing gear, I just don't know that adding the VVV items is the answer to that. Making resource drops and the expense of imbue and reforge lower would help a lot in making the high end suits and weapons. Increasing the drop rates of tangles and Crims would not hurt anyone. Doom arties are pretty much useless except a few of them, revamping those would be a good idea. Maybe put in a craftable but weaker version of tangles and crims that don't require crazy rare ingreds. Hitting caps crafting and squeezing in 70s resist is difficult on a good day, so yeah increasing the base resist would be great. My biggest problem imbuing and reforging are the horned and above kits, runic hammers, runic fletch tools and GEMS I burn through saphs, amber and rubies and spend more time farming for gems than anything else. Except maybe Demon Claws.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you F'in serious? my credibility? first you are my spell checking police,now you are my financial officer! lol.

All in seriousness,if I didn't care about siege or play siege,i wouldn't waste my time posting here or replying to troll's like yourself.....

P.S. I spelled siege right! happy now?
Nope no communication barrier here at all :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I do not speak emoticon.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Oh i love it also,when someone who doesn't even know what they are talking about chime's in,chuckle's.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Umm should I somehow feel bad that I have 10 active accounts? Guess I should have been guilt ridden when I had 56 active. No w wise guy show me where I have ever claimed some higher status because I have a lot of accounts. You see the rest of Siege knows me and that I don't do that kind of stuff and certainly do not consider myself above anyone else. What I do with my accounts more than anything is try to help folks out. Now granted the next governor election I am going to participate in the election rigging simply to balance it out and I think I was fairly open about it that :) You do realize a large part of why UO still exist is because of people like me? If everyone dropped down to 1 account or even 2 that would most likely be the day the plug was pulled. I like many others maintain multi accts to help keep the game running, not because we want to control UO but because we love UO. Since January I have dropped a hair over $5,000 on subs and Store purchases, there are others that have spent a whole lot more than me. Most of those store purchases I sell to people for UO gold or trades sometimes because they don't want to spend the cash or can't afford the cash. I have given 6 month game time codes away for free to folks that were going through a rough patch IRL and didn't beg for the help. When I drop the code written in a book in the mail box and see in GC someone say "WOW" Thanks for the 6 month code whoever left it" Yeah I am a real tyrant trying to dominate with my multi accts. And if you are someone I dropped a GTC in the mail box for, you owe me nothing and certainly no public thanks needed, my thanks to you guys for accepting them, using them and being a part of UO :) It should be noted that I am not the only nasty multi accounter that does this, so it may not have even been me that dropped the code but I ain't going to out the other two folks that I know that do this. That is one example of what SIEGE is all about, the community is the backbone of Siege not one individual player no matter how many accounts they have. In this discussion I give MY single opinion just as in game I might have 10-20-56 accts but speak with one voice only for all. So stop trying to somehow make those of us with multiple accounts out to be the bad guys here, it just don't hold water.

Wow is this an essay you trying to write? if so, some indentation,and some space's in between the different topic's you are trying to write about might help people read it easier.

There is also a grammar checker,just have to google it,it should be the one on top of the page.

Last edited: