• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Test Center - Publish 65 and Patch Notes

D

Deb

I have a question...on the Spring 2010 items how will we be able to get
them. If you go through the gates in New Haven you will be able to see them.
House teleporters, carpenters bench etc.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just because all the "better" pvper's use it, doesn't mean it's not cheap. Some people still have morals.
QTF

And a magic arrow is cheaper and simpler to use then a trap box. most eo-para ganks have a second delay before u actually get para'd. normally enough time to magic arrow urself....

But this isnt a pvp thread. so this ends here.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool crimsons can be altered now. Cloaks cannot, regular robes can be worn as always. Bone chest cannot. Rune Beetle Carapace cannot. AOF cannot.

Garg Half Apron and Sash can be crafted by Tailor (cloth), as can Gargish Talons (footwear, leather; can alter pads of cu) and Gargish Wing Armor (leather or cloth, changes color of wings slightly, like a highlight). None of them have any mods attached.

Edit: saw a guy with metal crafted talons, with mods, plus leggings on too. I guess smith made runic talon armor does have mods. Tailor made ones don't. Also, smith made metal wings have mods. Hm. Intentional?

Crimmy looks really plain on paperdoll when altered but more vibrant on sprite.

Glasses take Earrings slot. Brightsight lenses altered to test. Look dope on paperdoll, don't pop as much on sprite. Can't craft yet.

Theory, conversation with Talon Strike the Mage; give us the ability to craft glasses.

Also, why can't shroud cloaks be altered?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am a tad confused about this re: purge magic....can someone help me?

"If there are no valid beneficial wards that can be purged, the target will have their mana requirements to increase based on the skill of the caster for a duration of 8 seconds. Upon ending the disruption, magic energy will rush into the target causing an explosion of chaos energy"

... means if there are no beneficial buffs on the target, their mana requirements increase for their OWN spells/specials? and after that there is chaos damage hit to the target?
Sounds like Negative LMC, to go with the negative HCI & negative DCI some spells or weapon moves inflict.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Altered Folded Steel Glasses aren't medable. This should be changed ASAP.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sp the Gypsies get their tents back for overland spawn...

Any chance of the return of the Evil Mage overland spawn? I miss the one that occasionally occurred behind what is now my THB Guildhouse, at the Compassion crossroads.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also talking to Storm on test, we tinkered around with Quivers, Give Tokens for Quiver of Infinity. Alter w/ tailoring, gives wings version of 5 DCI.

Have to say, very silly. Why not change the name or make a different Garg item for wings? Gargs can't use quivers and to have a quiver on wings that doesn't function is just odd ball.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I updated the list of remaining EC bugs and issues. While this patch is a big step forward, still many issues remain.

List of EC Bugs

P.S.: Can someone please explain what this means:
Cursor Target Queuing (Default: Off) – Allows you to queue a cursor targeting action via macro, mouse wheel, or keyboard before the targeting cursor appears.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spring 2010 I expect to be like the previous spring decor collection, available through uogamecodes.com.
Talons currently have the ability to have all jewel mods. I'm not entirely sure that's intended since Gargoyles already have the standard 2 jewellery slots.
Cloaks become wings, just did royal guard investigator cloak.

M

MichelNOTmichael

One base is of course the minax base. Another base as shown in the "spoiler" looks like it will be com... but it wont. That is the new tb base. Look at your patch artfiles . The actual base itself looks to have brit style floor tiles. The last base near wind looks like the new SL base. I think CoM is the one on it's way out, unless of course they just rename 3 new factions. There is one biiiiig problem already with the bases that the devs would do well to fix before implamenting the base changes. 2 bases (minax and the new base close to wind) have housing availability right at the entrances. Minax has been this way for awhile, however the new base near wind has enough space for a house to almost completely block off the entrance??? The house owner could open a door and block entrance to this base entirely?! :confused: One tile in or out is not a good thing. The new Tb base(or at least it looks like tb) has NO housing available at it's entrance. I just know it will become a huge complaint if only certain bases have immediate housing at their entrances. And it will be a HUGE problem if one base has a house nearly blocking the pass off alltogether. Here is a picture of the artfile on the great lakes shard. This has not yet been published but it shows what could happen if the entrance isnt moved. http://i41.***********/o8a2j9.jpg *I removed the character out of respect for the privacy of it's owner*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to read the 'spoiler test strings' thread, the 3 new faction names are in one of the 'show' buttons.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This just dawned on me... the change to craft black staffs was not listed in the notes. I hope this is an oversight. It was stated in the last HoC chat that this would be implemented. My mace fighter is waiting with baited breath...

I went to test center to check but I can't remember how to get the crafting resources/tools.

-OBSIDIAN-

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About the teleporter gump, you'll only see the gump when you are using the teleporter tile to go from PvP consent facet to a non-consent one (ie: Trammel->Felucca).

If you are going from Trammel to Trammel, Trammel to Malas, Felucca to Felucca, you won't see the gump.
Good thats definetely tolarable.Wait no it's not. Can you get rid of trammel to malas this is still going to be 300times clicking and has nothing to do with pvp.
He clearly stated that going from Trammel to Malas would not give gumps.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a serious exploit, i think if you knew how easy it worked, you wont mind the little sacrifice of having to click ok on a gump [it could save you alot of heartake and gold]. Not sure i can repost what was happening now its been fixed? Petra?

On another note, could we get bods added to the spring clean this year, if its the same sort of hand in system as last year. Worth. Say, the same as a talisman was? As i have about 15'000 bods im never gona use and neither is anyone i know as there really not worth filling, no one wants them!
Would also free up the lag people say they get when running past houses that have 30 vendors just storing bods [im also guilty of this!] :)

Thunderz

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This just dawned on me... the change to craft black staffs was not listed in the notes. I hope this is an oversight. It was stated in the last HoC chat that this would be implemented. My mace fighter is waiting with baited breath...

I went to test center to check but I can't remember how to get the crafting resources/tools.

-OBSIDIAN-
I believe the command for those is 'give resources' You get tool bags in there too. :)

S

Stupid Miner

Can't say I'm sure why they went to such lengths to prevent Cleansing Winds from area-healing Pets. Would have made pack-instinct taming slightly viable again

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you can post it now that it's fixed, the 'what' rather than the 'how' at least. I think you'll agree that we didn't want to spread the problem by telling others how to do it before it was fixed?

Erm, the Spring 2010 items - I suspect, though this is only my assumption, that they are more akin to the 'spring decor collection' than the 'spring cleaning event'. ie items that will be purchased from the uogamecodes site.

C

Connor_Graham

I hope they take into consideration with the gypsy tents that some of the moongates have gypsy camps that literally spawn directly on top of them.

They also need to do some adjusting with the pack changes. Having your chars backpack close repeatedly is not a good thing. If I open my backpack, or sub containers located within the backpack, on my characters, they should stay open until I close them myself. There's no good reason for them not to. The changes are also going to make sorting bods from various vendors within a 2 tile radius really....sucky. I may have misread it, but it seems that it's possible for gumps and containers to close while you're crafting, which will do nothing but **** me and a lot of other people off.

S

Stupid Miner

Am also curious whether All the Bosses have their Drop rate increased or just Navrey? Wouldn't make much sense to boost only her, since she's the easiest.

A

A Rev

Am also curious whether All the Bosses have their Drop rate increased or just Navrey? Wouldn't make much sense to boost only her, since she's the easiest.
Have to disagree, not with the drop rate thing but medussa is BY FAR the easiest!!

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoa!

That's quite some changes, where do I start...

Ok, first of all, I'm no native speaker (and also a wee little bit drunk right now), but I seriously wonder: has this been posted by a dyslexic or is my english really that bad?
Just a few examples:

* If there are no valid beneficial wards that can be purged, the target will have their mana requirements to increase based on the skill of the caster for a duration of 8 seconds.

I get it, but it sound queer...

* Fame and Karma can now be viewed throughis you the loyalty gump.

Do they even read through what they've written?

Also:

* All Gargoyles are trained from childhood in the skill of Throwing, giving them a basic competence with missile weapons (minimum gargoyle skill in throwing is 200).

Beg your pardon? How can my minimum skill be 200? First I thought it was a typo and they meant 20.0, but then came this:

* Gargoyles have an intuitive understanding of Mysticism, allowing them to cast Mysticism spells without further training. (minimum gargoyle skill in Mysticism is 300).

So, seriously, wtf?

Apart from that, they extremely nerfed Mysticism, especially the sleep spell which was the best mystic spell by far. I'm not sure if I should even keep mystic or stone it off now...

The title changes I don't fully understand yet, have to see how that works out. Probably ok...

Giving gargoyles some love was necessary, We'll see how that works out.

The EC changes are fine, some improvements, some bug fixes, but sadly the real big bugs, the game breakers, like 20 sec freezes triggered by mouse overs on champ spawns in the lost lands, remain unadressed.

Sorry for being grumpy, but I'm not getting my panties in a knot over this publish/patch (I'm still angry that they started to mix these btw.)

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"minimum gargoyle skill in throwing is 200"

When they say this, they confuse most players yes. But that's some internal code or something cause 200 = 20.0. Like if you go to test center and say "set skill throwing 200" it will make it 20.0.

I don't know why they insist on these internal code-naming schemes when on the surface we all just see 20.0 and never 200. Internal codes should stay internal, and just give us common tongue on the surface.

I certainly hope that on the play guide they use common wording, not code speak.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC Client users have room to complain about bug and client fixes after getting 30+ fixes?

... Are you serious? Can you guys just say "thanks for the fixes! Can't wait to see more"?

A

A Rev

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

Plate talons are being removed so im not sure if this has a bearing on what can be crafted.

Second, this is going to make gargs a bit OP in my opinion.

I already have a gargoyle mage with 2/6 40LMC 100%LRC 60DCI 24+Mana Increase 12MR 25HPI 2% Casting Focus and all 70's

With this i am in essence able to add 90skill points on those items as i need nothing else added.

W

wrekognize

Shoot..No fishing update? Hopefully fisherman will get love with the following update.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seems like a bug with plate talon and plate wing armor to have stats listed above? would be nice if the Dev gave us some clue on these.

Not sure if talons could be made from tailoring but wing armor crated using tailoring runic does not contain bonuses like Val runic crated wing armor....

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bummer. The leather craftable talons and wing armor do not have any properties. I think they are just there so existing items can be altered.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Is it not functional yet? Because nothing happens when I cast WoD and target before it's finished casting. Still just gives me a cursor.
If you are using the Advanced targeting of the EC then you most likely wont notice a difference, as the targeting from the EC already "ques" targets. I quote ques because what it is really doing is basically hitting the "last target" over and over until it catches the target cursor. If you are using legacy targeting, then I can not see why you are not seeing the difference.... Of course this is only available in the Enhanced client (assuming you are using the EC and not the classic 2d client, if you are using the 2d client then...problem solved) If using legacy targeting in the EC try it with and with out target queing on, cast a greater heal and instantly click your "target self" button, it should heal yourself.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see anything about a fix for sleeves/arms and gloves disappearing in the EC's backpack. Has this been fixed?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

Plate talons are being removed so im not sure if this has a bearing on what can be crafted.
It would be cool to have 3/9 casting though, haha.

Yeah, it would be totally lame though.

I love how the wings look with tailor-made, metal art for wings does not lay right.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I realize this isn't the end of the the universe as we know it but I was curious about this item:

Fame and Karma can now be viewed throughis you the loyalty gump.

Does this mean you will be able to actually know the point levels of your fame and karma?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I realize this isn't the end of the the universe as we know it but I was curious about this item:

Fame and Karma can now be viewed throughis you the loyalty gump.

Does this mean you will be able to actually know the point levels of your fame and karma?

yes it appears so!

i just tested it and yes is the answer

D

Diggity

Cloak‡1659781 said:
If you are using the Advanced targeting of the EC then you most likely wont notice a difference, as the targeting from the EC already "ques" targets. I quote ques because what it is really doing is basically hitting the "last target" over and over until it catches the target cursor. If you are using legacy targeting, then I can not see why you are not seeing the difference.... Of course this is only available in the Enhanced client (assuming you are using the EC and not the classic 2d client, if you are using the 2d client then...problem solved) If using legacy targeting in the EC try it with and with out target queing on, cast a greater heal and instantly click your "target self" button, it should heal yourself.
It's definitely working and you can see the difference using the EC target system. It displays system message "target queued" if you hit your target hotkey while the spell is still casting. I've set all my spell targets to cursor, so having cursor queuing now is a nice addition.

S

Stupid Miner

Have to disagree, not with the drop rate thing but medussa is BY FAR the easiest!!
That's contingent upon how many Gorgon Lens charges you have.

Also, Navrey, whether or not in actuality she is, was supposed to be easier, demonstrated by her designation as a mini-boss.

S

Stupid Miner

Also:

* All Gargoyles are trained from childhood in the skill of Throwing, giving them a basic competence with missile weapons (minimum gargoyle skill in throwing is 200).

Beg your pardon? How can my minimum skill be 200? First I thought it was a typo and they meant 20.0, but then came this:
It's only sort-of a typo.
20.0 skill is 200 skill and 100.0 is 1000 and 120.0 is 1200, and the 720.0 cap is actually a 7200 skill cap.
From what I've gathered the skill points are treated as integers and just displayed with the last place as a decimal, which is how we, as the players, see it in-game.
I'm guessing they always see it as 200, so they're more used to the integer form than the decimal for 20.0
Neither form is wrong, they're two ways of showing the same thing.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this is a new piece of jewelry from the gypsy camps because it has mysticism on it. Also one of chests had 136 bloodmoss in it.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I hope there is a Doom-based point system somewhere behind all these new artifacts to provide an consistent drop regime rather than the fickle luck of the RNG.

As for those Gargoyle wings, those are out of this world. I saw Messana's post saying they were being removed. I hope they come back in a future publish tweaked. My impression was that they were a replacement for the Cloak slot (like quivers). If I can get 5 DCI out of the slot I'll be happy. It makes gargoyle's and humans then equivalent for that slot. If it was supposed to be more, then I'm amazed. Rather than giving it mods, they could make the metal armor work as a damage absorber like dragon barding.

-OBSIDIAN-

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Auto-Navigate Around Objects (Default: On) – Allows you to automatically navigate around impassible objects. (This is an already existing feature, but now the option is available to turn this off.)
This is nice and all, but it still probably doesn't fix my main problem with auto-navigate in the EC: WHY THE HELL DOES IT AUTO-NAVIGATE AROUND AN ENTIRE DAMN BUILDING? Infuriating when you run up to a building's doors, miss by one tile, and then end up halfway around the building before you even know what's happened. If I could just turn off auto-navigate for buildings, it would be great.