• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Test Center - Publish 65 and Patch Notes

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings!

Publish 65 will be available on Test Center today, it has a lot of great changes (and maybe a few surprises) so be sure to check it out before it arrives world wide in a few weeks - You can find the publish and patch notes below to see what's in store, have fun!

Additionally, the following change will be going live World Wide during normal maintenance, thank you:

Publish 64.0.0.3

• Players will receive a warning gump when they step on the House Teleporter Tiles to prevent you from being teleported without your permission.

More...

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like a good publish, Very curious what the Aprils fools thingie is.

Also like the sound of the custimizable titles and the Gypsy tents! :)

One thing though:

* Players will receive a warning gump when they step on the House Teleporter Tiles to prevent you from being teleported without your permission.
Was that really a big issue? Seems annoying to add such a feature.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm i thought mysticism was made pretty solid as it was... and i don't see any reaosn why every dexer in the game won't be running around on a gargoyle lol.

Also...it mentioned gargoyle sash/half apron etc. I assume that this means you still can't wear a crimson cicnture, lieutanant sash, etc?

Gah where is test center at!

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
# Camera zoom settings now save across play sessions.

lets explore better zoom tweaks

A

A Rev

Hmm i thought mysticism was made pretty solid as it was... and i don't see any reaosn why every dexer in the game won't be running around on a gargoyle lol.

Also...it mentioned gargoyle sash/half apron etc. I assume that this means you still can't wear a crimson cicnture, lieutanant sash, etc?

Gah where is test center at!
Im going to assume that its going to be able to converted

S

Sonoma

• Players will receive a warning gump when they step on the House Teleporter Tiles to prevent you from being teleported without your permission.
Ugh, please tell me they included a way to disable this option. The last thing I need is another window popping up asking me if I really want to do what Im trying to do. What is this... Windows Vista?

E

Eyes of Origin

Looks like an awfully big publish.

Some things look awesome, hope all the fixes and new stuff work as planned.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New Artifacts will be dropping on Renowneds – Jade War Axe, Cavalry’s Folly, or the Basilisk Hide Breastplate have been added
I wish one of the developers would take just a minute or two to clarify for everyone whether the artifacts that your character "earns" from killing renowned monsters is supposed to drop as loot on the renowned's corpse, show up in your backpack, or land on the ground. The above quote from the Publish 65 notes makes it sounds like the artifacts (at least the new ones?) will show up on the renowned's corpse as loot.

I have yet to find an artifact as loot on a renowned's corpse and I always check very carefully. I've also never gotten one in my character's backpack. The few I've found have always just appeared on the ground, leaving me uncertain whether my character "earned" that artifact, someone stealthed by and dropped it, or it just landed there through some other mechanism.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

One thing though:

I'd prefer a fix for the bug in classic client where the view is shown from outside the house when you teleport inside!

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few typos in those notes...

"minimum gargoyle skill in throwing is 200"

and

"minimum gargoyle skill in Mysticism is 300"

I'm going to assume they meant 20.0 and 30.0 respectively, or they just made the newest uber template... :gee:

Also, STILL no fix for the crippling affect novablast has on the EC? Seriously? :sad2:

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Human Artifacts?

does this mean human Dread Swords and berserker breastplate etc

or more Arti 11 drops?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like an awfully big publish.

Some things look awesome, hope all the fixes and new stuff work as planned.
I had the opposite reaction---to me this seems like a pretty skimpy publish/patch (other than the fixes to the enhanced client), given how long we've waited for it.

Given how big the 2d patch is, I'd be willing to bet that a significant amount of information was left out of the publish/patch notes.... I guess time will tell if the omission was intentional or not.

L

Lady Tiger

dial up 3 day patching omg lmao. Got to love UO. i'm still waiting to turn in my IOU

U

UOKaiser

Sleep=Stupor? Whats Stuper? if a monster can attack and cast on you while in stupor whats the point?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

One thing though:

* Players will receive a warning gump when they step on the House Teleporter Tiles to prevent you from being teleported without your permission.
There was a post on UHall warning people of getting teleported to fel from vendor houses. Don't know where the post went , but it was only at the most 4-5 days old and now it is gone. Checked my posts and my reply to the OP is even gone.

When you step on a teleporter from Tram (rule set) that leads to Fel you get no warning. You just end up in a Fel house. Mine are set to friend so people visiting my Tram Keep will not end up in my Fel Keep.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh, please tell me they included a way to disable this option. The last thing I need is another window popping up asking me if I really want to do what Im trying to do. What is this... Windows Vista?
I agree with this!! I really liked going automatically through the teleporter. The only thing was not knowing if it was taking you to fel or not (Some of my char's can't handle fel), but I hate pop-ups like that.

U

UOKaiser

Purple Potions will no longer teleport to the target location if the target has moved since the potion was thrown.

What does that mean? The target always moves. Don't know many targets that stay and stare at you. They just talking about the graphic?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

For the first time in a LONG time a Patchurday™ level patch (old KR peeps will remember why they were called that due to the sheer number of fixes and additions) for the EC! Great list of stuff too!

U

UOKaiser

I agree with this!! I really liked going automatically through the teleporter. The only thing was not knowing if it was taking you to fel or not (Some of my char's can't handle fel), but I hate pop-ups like that.
I agree. I know where my teleporter goes. Don't want to bother clicking on a gump 300 times a day while moving items from one house to the other.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I successfully altered a crimmy..lieutenant sash and int boots to be gargoyle wearables

Thank you!

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG WTFBBQ GARGOYLES NOT USELESS!?!?!?!?!? :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O EXCITEMENT.

*looks for race change token*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

One thing though:

Yes, actually, it is a big issue. I will explain in pm if required.

Y

Yalp

*jumps up and down clapping in glee*

I can't wait for live day! I love my gargoyle!:heart:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also could alter glasses to be gargoyle... ! not bear/deer masks or other head pieces tho =/ but i won't complain!

Also, strange but nice... you can also alter the quiver of infinity. Which keeps all its properties for archery including the 5dci even though the gargoyles can't use archery. again, i won't complain. lol

Y

Yalp

I am a tad confused about this re: purge magic....can someone help me?

"If there are no valid beneficial wards that can be purged, the target will have their mana requirements to increase based on the skill of the caster for a duration of 8 seconds. Upon ending the disruption, magic energy will rush into the target causing an explosion of chaos energy"

... means if there are no beneficial buffs on the target, their mana requirements increase for their OWN spells/specials? and after that there is chaos damage hit to the target?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What does the wing armor mean? Is that a new piece maybe given gargoyles functionality like swamp dragon barding? I couldn't tell what they meant from the notes.

I like what I am hearing... I just wish they would clarify the artifacts. What it sounds to me is that the other bosses will give additional artifacts. For instance, Slasher only gives the Lavaliere and the Mangler. It sounds like now he will be able to give other human artifacts such as possibly tangle and slither. That would be cool. I hope it is a reverse change too so that Navrey (and all of the other identified bosses) also gives out other stuff than just the night eyes, venom, and tangle. I was hoping for a doom drop system, but I will withhold judgment until we get some data on the new drop rates.

-OBSIDIAN-

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think the gargy glasses will act as a earring type slot, it would be stupid to make another armor slot for gargys. long patch but got few weeks till its live, at least thats what they are saying, people will whine but with changes like this, they gotta take time so they dont mess stuff up.
i think just adding the new gargy wearable slots its gonna make them too powerful and people gonna cry nerf for gargy mage/mystics.

wing armor = will prolly be items with mods similar to quivers/cloaks
glasses = like earrings on humans/elfs
talons = footwear stuffs

so shouldnt be any new full slots

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I moved it, and within minutes of the posting. Because not only did it warn people who might be caught by it, it also informed people who might decide it was a good idea and spread the practice.
However I did pass on the information, through our new 'uo Liaison', Zig_Mythic. I think we proved that line of communication is working nicely?

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About the teleporter gump, you'll only see the gump when you are using the teleporter tile to go from PvP consent facet to a non-consent one (ie: Trammel->Felucca).

If you are going from Trammel to Trammel, Trammel to Malas, Felucca to Felucca, you won't see the gump.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*jumps up and down clapping in glee*

I can't wait for live day! I love my gargoyle!:heart:
I know! OMG right? I never thought this day would come, I logged on Uoherald after a break from the compy and say patch 65 had my hopes and dreams for garg fixes in a nifty little spot!WoOoooOoT! Sad thing is I have a feeling that all these changes are gonna be uber nerfed during testing and changed with horn caps that have base resists and not imbue friendly...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I moved it, and within minutes of the posting. Because not only did it warn people who might be caught by it, it also informed people who might decide it was a good idea and spread the practice.
However I did pass on the information, through our new 'uo Liaison', Zig_Mythic. I think we proved that line of communication is working nicely?
TY that was quick and yes it needed to be done ASAP.

D

Diggity

About the teleporter gump, you'll only see the gump when you are using the teleporter tile to go from PvP consent facet to a non-consent one (ie: Trammel->Felucca).
But one of the common uses for the teleporters is to link Fel/Trammel houses together. Adding the gump disrupts the virtual linkage. If the gump can't be made optional, can you consider adding an "OK" action for the EC users?

Y

Yalp

I know! OMG right? I never thought this day would come, I logged on Uoherald after a break from the compy and say patch 65 had my hopes and dreams for garg fixes in a nifty little spot!WoOoooOoT! Sad thing is I have a feeling that all these changes are gonna be uber nerfed during testing and changed with horn caps that have base resists and not imbue friendly...
well I've never asked to be more powerful than human/elves.. just AS powerful. And I don't mind that humans have JOAT, or elves have boosted energy resist. Gargs needed some love big time! If the nerf-babies come crying, I'm happy to give them a time out!

.. although I STILL don't know how someone could make a race of gargoyles that CAN'T see in the dark!.. I mean really!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But one of the common uses for the teleporters is to link Fel/Trammel houses together. Adding the gump disrupts the virtual linkage. If the gump can't be made optional, can you consider adding an "OK" action for the EC users?
It does nothing to the link. It will just let you know that you are going to enter Fel and if you say ok then you will still end up in your Fel house.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Awesome job on some bug fixes.....

And despite some of the others I'm glad for the gump.

And I'm glad your putting in something to keep me from running when I don't want to in the EC!

Whoot! Titles! Sweet! Now I can finally perhaps raise my skills on my GM Detective above GM.... and still keep his uber sweet title!

But....... How long must I wait till you "fix" the housing gump in the EC to be updated to the KR level??? I want the KR housing menu back.... Please!

D

Diggity

Understood. But instead of seamless walking from one tram "floor" to another Fel "floor" , you have to click on the gump. When you own both houses, it is an unnecessary annoyance. Without the gump, it is almost like you are adding a couple stories to an existing home.

OTOH, the house telporters were a welcome and unexpected gift. I'm sure if they were introduced with this functionality, I wouldn't have complained ;).

S

Stupid Miner

Once a gargoyle has lost 20% of his/her health, he/she gains 15% damage bonus and 3% SDI. This increases damage another increment for each 20% additional damage (maximum 60% damage bonus and 12% SDI).
The Damage Increase seems really powerful. Too powerful. Overpowered.

D

Diggity

for pvm? for a garg that is getting the snot beat out of it? really? try it out before you bang the nerf drum.
Agreed, probably depends also if the 15% is added to base or adjusted damage.

One thing that does seem cheesy is the possibility of removing and replacing your hpi and str items to quickly drop your hits by the 20%.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couldn't have come at a better time. We had made an all garg guild a bit ago and this is a SUPER WELCOME CHANGE.

This should be every 3 months, not every 3 years.... hear me devs?

But thanks for your hard work.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please fix riding swipe not working on faction horses with this publish. PUHHHLEASSSSSEEEEE.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sleep=Stupor? Whats Stuper? if a monster can attack and cast on you while in stupor whats the point?
I'm going to have to test this out but I think what it means is players will be able to cast. I think monsters will still be just sort of peacemaked. Not sure.

I am a tad confused about this re: purge magic....can someone help me?
To me it sounds like a negative LMC spell, like Mind Rot, followed by a backlash explosion, sort of similar to a Fire Ant except chaos damage. So like, it would cause the target to expend more mana for a duration, then damage them ... but then it said it would break early if the target attacks anything, right? I don't know, it is definitely confusing to read.

Once a gargoyle has lost 20% of his/her health, he/she gains 15% damage bonus and 3% SDI. This increases damage another increment for each 20% additional damage (maximum 60% damage bonus and 12% SDI).
The Damage Increase seems really powerful. Too powerful. Overpowered.
This would be interesting to test by Blood Oathing a Gargoyle LJer haha see how bad the hits get :p but yeah, very interesting, especially with say the Life Syphon (sp) weapon that leeches like 100% HP back.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you are going from Trammel to Trammel, Trammel to Malas, Felucca to Felucca, you won't see the gump.
Now I feel better about the gump! :) I was not looking forward to clicking a ton, but I can understand the non-pvp to pvp ruleset