• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Pub 73.2 Comes to Origin

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone noticed - verifying account and entering britania not centered anymore since last CC patch?

U

Ultimaholic

I have a doubt about this 2 points:

1. This means that for example, the lesser magic items cannot be unraveled in relics even if they have the properties and the intensity to get a relic?

2. Does the chests also contains items with properties based on difficulty?
I think it means that the lower requirement and +durability stuff is in proportion now and won`t unravel into relic frags.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Anyone noticed - verifying account and entering britania not centered anymore since last CC patch?
LOL yeah that bothered me...you too? It's like WAY at the top now...just an odd thing.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To all the dev, producers and UO team,
Thank you for seeing the problems and fixing them this fast. It warms my heart and to see you not only fixing them but telling us what some of the bug fixes are makes me even happier. I am loving shame and can't wait to see what you do next!

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is a New Player Token?

Where can i or the new player getting it?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is a New Player Token?

Where can i or the new player getting it?
I think they are only available on newly established accounts and you get them by entering a code in the promotional code section of the in-game Help screen. They came out in late Summer 2010. Look up "Call to Arms" promotion and you might be able to find more info. This is the only thing "official" I could find after a quick search.

UO Herald archive! - Ultima Online Stratics ▶ TGN.TV - Get more views!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So fixes left for the EC to lose the Beta tag are:

1) Fix books so they are working properly in BOTH clients.

2) Add Fishing to Gather by Resource.

3) Add in the missing Graphics for things like the HUGE Multicolored Horde Minion so folk in the EC can actually SEE it.

4) Lose the naked turkey looking thing and give us back the Hiryu in all it's feathered glory.

And finally Grimm Keep up the good work on the graphics upgrades! Don't stop you have a LONG way to go... but certainly keep up the good work.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
make dragons actually have different shades

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

3) Add in the missing Graphics for things like the HUGE Multicolored Horde Minion so folk in the EC can actually SEE it.

4) Lose the naked turkey looking thing and give us back the Hiryu in all it's feathered glory.

And finally Grimm Keep up the good work on the graphics upgrades! Don't stop you have a LONG way to go... but certainly keep up the good work.
The naked player bug still existing, i dont know if the wrong displayed monsters are still existing.

But yes when this is fixed too, i would also say they can remove the beta tag.

This big arrows, lightnings and eagle strikes sometimes on the screen are also a bit anoying, but i can live with that.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ring
15 HCI
-100 luck

can't be unraveled :(
As for imbuing, it already have 110 weight.

So -100 luck DOES COUNT for unraveling :bdh:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These are the best kid of patches, with just bug fixes and no new content.

More of this please.

You see that, when you do well, I give you praise, I don't just troll.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ring
15 HCI
-100 luck

can't be unraveled :(
As for imbuing, it already have 110 weight.

So -100 luck DOES COUNT for unraveling :bdh:
Yeah, I have these items that still today (on a shard other than Origin) give the message that they have little or no magic and can't be unraveled:

Studded leggings with Cannot Be Repaired, -100 Luck, 3% EP, 2/4/3/3/4 resists.

Boomerang with 10% Hit Mana Drain, 6% Velocity, 2 Stamina Increase, 3 Mana Increase, -100 Luck.

Bow with 20% Hit Stamina Leech, 20% Hit Lower Defense, 2% Velocity, 1 Stamina Increase, -100 Luck.

Bracelet with 2 Strength, 3 Intelligence, 2 Mana Increase, -100 Luck.

SirZ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are you doing with Classic Client?!

Before patch:

After patch:

FIX IT!

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHY? :D

Maybe its just me but I'm not understanding why this is creating a stir?
So what if its at the top now and not in the middle???

More importantly why has my speach text colour gone back to defalt and my skill window in empty?

I have to create a new group to see any skills

Thunderz

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHY? :D

Maybe its just me but I'm not understanding why this is creating a stir?
Because it's visually unbalanced.

Imagine that each of the two lines in the center gray box has a weight based on its horizontal length across the box. The line that says "Verifying Account" would obviously be heavier than the line that says "X." Now picture a fulcrum point halfway down the length of the middle gray box and picture yourself trying to achieve equilibrium with the two lines so their weight is perfectly balanced. To do this, you would need to shove the line that says "Verifying Account" closer to the vertical center of the middle gray box than it is currently if you want the "X" line to stay near the bottom of the middle gray box.

Not sure that explanation makes sense, Airmid. However, it's my best guess as to why some people look at this screen and get annoyed. The text in that middle gray box just looks unbalanced. It certainly isn't a priority to fix it, but with no additional explanation as to why the change was made, I find myself wondering why anyone bothered to waste time doing this if there was no apparant change in functionality but the visual appearance was made jarringly worse.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe the text is filled with Helium so it floats up higher?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are you doing with Classic Client?!

Before patch:

After patch:

FIX IT!
Really?

Changes happen but ZOMG on somebody actually noticing the log in on verifying screen. Taking screen shots of before and after earns a ZOMG also :p I mean seriously why would a person even take a pic of the verifying account screen before any issue? Im so lost and confused................just like they were wanting to catch any change on anything of the CC.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well thanks for the fixes!

Tho im very disappointed in the -100 luck fix i thought youd made it work like that and it was amazing now i find out it was an oversight sad!

As for the login screen if uve played this game for long of course u will notice it you see it 2 or 3 times most days how could you not. The worrying thing is why its altered these fixes would have had nothing to do with that side of the game.

More oversights and there was so much potential!

:(

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for the login screen if uve played this game for long of course u will notice it you see it 2 or 3 times most days how could you not.
and after 2 or 3 days you'll not even notice it anymore.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just sad to see Greater White Wyrms were not included in the publish... but then an Ice Dungeon overhaul hasn't come yet... so there is still hope.
My guildmate tried a WW on a Burning since I was tanking with a GD, but the burn aurora made the Burning aggro and each firebreath put WW to like half life, haha. Eh...I released my WW years ago...

K

Kayne

Sorry to say I'm with those who dont like the moved text in the 2D Client. I noticed it due to logging out from inactivty the other night while working on something out of the game.

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...Being able to snag the Relics post-fix is one of the good points of Pinco's UI as it gives the general intensity score and tells you what resource it should unravel into.
Except that it doesn't work. I unravel "Relic!" stuff all the time (no, not imbued stuff) that only yields essence.

gargoyle, 120 imbuing, queen's forge.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
too late, already nerfed!

i was getting 10-15 relics per load.. (full of "relic" items).. now I get 1, if im lucky.
true very much lower now
also the regen seem to be capped at 3 or 4 now

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
true very much lower now
Bummer. Guess I will hoard the MR 9 items from before. I like to keep one with high MR/SR/HP regen that is insurable on my char. When I get redlined - switch weapons, regen up, then go back....

Those were also great for scribe suits...

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
true very much lower now
Not sure the regen items are capped. I just pulled a Gnarled staff of Wizardry from a locked barrel with mana regen 9 and mana increase 10.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Not sure the regen items are capped. I just pulled a Gnarled staff of Wizardry from a locked barrel with mana regen 9 and mana increase 10.
what luck are you running and what were you fighting ?

increases i have seen at 10 for int and stamina hp increase i have seen 7

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just pulled this about five minutes ago from a clay golem. My tamer has 1027 luck.

And since server maintenance for the shard I've been playing occurred a few hours ago, relic fragments do indeed seem to have become harder to get. Also noticing Velocity property occurs in 5% multiples. Have seen several pieces with 150 Luck on them (a couple of shields and also a leather gorget).

Also, just looted a bracelet with -100 Luck and 35% Enhance Potions. Keeping an eye open to see if there are still jewels with +20 skill.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
thanks tina well at least it seems the regens are still there

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

you forgot the stacking of items in the cc during trades and when you stock vendors.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm I'm curious why i can't pick up my sould forge anymore. Non of my chars can. Not even the house owner.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
could this be the corgul fix we asked for? i posted the bug on his twitter a week or two ago. awesome response if this is the fix. origin players, please let us know!
That is correct. Enjoy :banana:
Please say this includes the BIG explosion that the EMs like to use... (The one that the Crimson dragons used to use.)

I can attest to the fact that the 'big explosion' used by several mobs (Corgul, Primeval Lich, Crimson Dragons) has been made survivable in the EC. I was at an EM event tonight where the big bad was a Crimson, the FX was lag/crash-free :thumbsup:

Now please fix the lag associated with oppening full containers/corpses, lag from dying (death can take quite a while to animate in the EC), and the random crashes to desktop.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone figure out if there are any +20 skill post 73.2? I've only gotten +5s so far