• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Pub 73.2 Comes to Origin

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,

Publish 73.2 comes to Origin tonight, along with the mandatory patch of the Enhance Client 4.0.21.1 and the Classic Client 7.0.21.1.

Here are the notes for your reading pleasure:

Publish 73.2

Bug Fixes:

• Balanced will no longer appear on Throwing weapons, and will vanish from any existing throwing weapons.
  • Corrected the item property intensity calculations for unraveling Shame loot drops. Lower level items will no longer unravel into Relic Fragments.
  • All magic item drops from shame can now be Imbued, even if they have special SA Artifact item properties on them.
  • -100 Luck on an item no longer decreases its total weighted item property intensity for purposes of imbuing.
  • Imbuing and Enhancing of various item properties onto Shame magic item drops now adds the correct item property intensity.
  • Fixed an issue with runic crafting tools that was cutting certain item property values in half when generated.
  • Velocity item property values on Shame loot drops were incorrect. These are now generated in increments of 5% instead of 1%, with a 5% minimum.
  • Dungeon chests and barrels in Shame now have locks and traps with difficulty and strength appropriate to the dungeon level.
  • Fixed a bug with random magic item loot in Shame that was causing item properties to be generated with lower than expected values and with lower than intended caps.
  • Small Soul Forges now have enhanced house security:
    • Any small soul forge placed after this publish will remember its owner
    • Only the soul forge owner or the house owner will be able to re-deed it
    • Any small soul forge placed before this publish can only be re-deeded by the house owner
  • Fixed a bug with Mannequin security.
  • Adjusted the effects of the New Player Token. It will now only last 5 days instead of 7, and party members skill gain increase will be cut in half.
Client Fixes

• Fixed issue when the EC can become unresponsive or even crash when dealing with the visual effect. (Ex. Any spell with massive effects such as the lich howl).
  • Fixed EC issue with hueing dynamic objects that don't change position. Navrey encounter
  • Updated error message when closing accounts.

More...

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[*]Fixed a bug with random magic item loot in Shame that was causing item properties to be generated with lower than expected values and with lower than intended caps.

Hmm... what properties was this?

any chance enhance potions wont be 2% and 3%? lol

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So who said the devs are not reading stratics? :)
Thank you very much for the fixes!

Hephaistos of Europa

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know. An awesome publish followed by a response bug-squashing patch. To what is the world coming? It isn't 2012.

A

anna anomalous

Fixed issue when the EC can become unresponsive or even crash when dealing with the visual effect. (Ex. Any spell with massive effects such as the lich howl).
could this be the corgul fix we asked for? i posted the bug on his twitter a week or two ago. awesome response if this is the fix. origin players, please let us know!

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm... what properties was this?

any chance enhance potions wont be 2% and 3%? lol
Lets hope!
Also, lets hope that this issue was effecting Mana & Life Leech as well, I think a 100% cap on both of those was far too low. ;P

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a few concerns. Are the paragons spawning in the Abyss intended? It's not listed as a bug fix. Also, what about the random poisoning bug? I haven't experienced this myself but a lot of people did experience it.

Also too, I've unlocked some of the chests in Shame and they have the ordinary loot, not the loot as on the monsters. I don't know if that was included as part of the fix.

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just sad to see Greater White Wyrms were not included in the publish... but then an Ice Dungeon overhaul hasn't come yet... so there is still hope.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Relics will still be available, just not as often. We knew the fix would be coming, I'm surprised it took this long really.

Being able to snag the Relics post-fix is one of the good points of Pinco's UI as it gives the general intensity score and tells you what resource it should unravel into.

The other tweaks will be interesting to see, and of course the EC fixes are VERY welcome.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it just me, or did the text in the login boxes (verifying account, entering britannia, etc.) move from being centered to hanging at the top of the windows?

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea but watch... the UO haters will find something to **** and moan about.
Well, I'm sure people probably have me on the "UO Haters" list -- rather inaccurately, but I digress -- so let me be among the first of the "haters" to say:

I'm very pleasantly surprised by the rather quick application of this patch. As others had pointed out about the Shame/relic fragment situation, the issue could have been exploited ad nauseum (and probably has been), but the swiftness with which this patch was applied does indeed mitigate the "damage" that could have been done.

It's also a VERY good sign that it didn't take months to fix some of these rather huge issues.

There might be a brighter future ahead of UO... this is definitely a good sign.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
=
[*]-100 Luck on an item no longer decreases its total weighted item property intensity for purposes of imbuing.
Who was asking for this? Does -100 luck not count as a property against us any longer if we don't get the negative intensity credit?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

After a lengthened run on the Flame Elems in Shame, sorting out the loot, looks like the Relic haul will be roughly half of what it was once the Publish goes in (meaning half of the Relics obtained from Flame Elems or higher are due to the Durability miscalculation). Trash points will be more harshly affected than Relics in this regard.

enderz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm just sad to see Greater White Wyrms were not included in the publish... but then an Ice Dungeon overhaul hasn't come yet... so there is still hope.
:ten:

I would really love this and so would many other tamers I would bet. All my pets are fully trained and I've been itching like mad for a new tameable to hunt for and train. It's been a long time since a decent tameable was released (Mondain Legacy or GDragons). GWW is a really great idea. More then 1 spawn spot would be great to avoid a bottleneck affect etc.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:ten:

I would really love this and so would many other tamers I would bet. All my pets are fully trained and I've been itching like mad for a new tameable to hunt for and train. It's been a long time since a decent tameable was released (Mondain Legacy or GDragons). GWW is a really great idea. More then 1 spawn spot would be great to avoid a bottleneck affect etc.
I don't mean to be disagreeable, but don't forget about the bouras that were added in the Stygian Abyss expansion. They've been a true gift for low-level tamers.

I'm not sure if you would count them as "decent tameables," but we've also had limited-time opportunities to tame dread warhorses and bane dragons.

And then there's battle chicken lizards. LOL

enderz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don't mean to be disagreeable.... bouras....

I'm not sure if you would count them as "decent tameables," but we've also had limited-time opportunities to tame dread warhorses and bane dragons.

And then there's battle chicken lizards. LOL
I hunt with none of those, which do u hunt with? battle chicken lizards or the bouras? and no I don't count them cause if I wanted lower level pets, I'd tame a pack of frenzies. Limited tames dont count.

Yes, your being disagreeable.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just got a holiday gift ticket upon logging in on Balhae....
Yes they did say they would be active on December 1st...which is actually in 1 hour here in the US but I"m sure already is in some parts of the world :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's even on the publish notes on the patcher screen...how bout that! lol

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hunt with none of those, which do u hunt with? battle chicken lizards or the bouras? and no I don't count them cause if I wanted lower level pets, I'd tame a pack of frenzies. Limited tames dont count.

Yes, your being disagreeable.
I actually do hunt with bouras on 16 of my tamer characters. The other 24 tamers have higher skills (six have 120 "real" taming skill) and therefore own a wide variety of pets, including greater dragons, cu sidhes, hiryus, bane dragons, etc.

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what... 24 tamers... ? did I really just read that? O.O

Anyone choose the sot book? what is it? like a bod book ?
I haven't chosen anything, i grabbed the sign and the round door mat on test to see what they looked like, but thats it... not sure i have use for the door mats, though I can see them being used.

The Santa statue.. meh, I dunno, I might grab one or 2 of em.
Screenshots would be helpful. :p

Edit: correction ... 40 tamers?!

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Santa is callin me a ho :(

like over and over again :D

Lovin this mini publish and the Holiday Gifts, thank you!!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

The book holds 300 and has to be locked down

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Edit: correction ... 40 tamers?!
Actually, it's 46 tamer characters--I missed a few lines on my spreadsheet. I have four tamer characters on Baja; three tamer characters on Pacific; two each on Arirang, Asuka, Atlantic, Balhae, Catskills, Drachenfels, Great Lakes, Lake Austin, Legends, Napa, Oceania, Origin, Siege, and Sonoma; and one each on Chesapeake, Europa, Formosa, Hokuto, Izumo, Lake Superior, Mizuho, Mugen, Sakura, Wakoku, and Yamato. Six are at 120 real taming; four are between 110 and 120; six are between 100 and 110 real taming; nine are between 80 and 100 real taming; and twenty-one are between 45 and 80 real taming. All 46 tamers also have animal lore and veterinary skills as well as magery and some amount of meditation skill. Thirty-five also have peacemaking and musicianship skills; one has discordance and musicianship skills; seven have hiding skill; five have detect, tracking, and stealing skills; two have evaluate intelligence skill; and one has stealthing skill.

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, it's 46 tamer characters--I missed a few lines on my spreadsheet. I have four tamer characters on Baja; three tamer characters on Pacific; two each on Arirang, Asuka, Atlantic, Balhae, Catskills, Drachenfels, Great Lakes, Lake Austin, Legends, Napa, Oceania, Origin, Siege, and Sonoma; and one each on Chesapeake, Europa, Formosa, Hokuto, Izumo, Lake Superior, Mizuho, Mugen, Sakura, Wakoku, and Yamato. Six are at 120 real taming; four are between 110 and 120; six are between 100 and 110 real taming; nine are between 80 and 100 real taming; and twenty-one are between 45 and 80 real taming. All 46 tamers also have animal lore and veterinary skills as well as magery and some amount of meditation skill. Thirty-five also have peacemaking and musicianship skills; one has discordance and musicianship skills; seven have hiding skill; five have detect, tracking, and stealing skills; two have evaluate intelligence skill; and one has stealthing skill.
Holy crap that's alot of work!!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice fixes, especially for EC that now should be stable :O

Now just add fishing to the resource gather on EC and probably the beta tag can be removed for good :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a doubt about this 2 points:

1. Corrected the item property intensity calculations for unraveling Shame loot drops. Lower level items will no longer unravel into Relic Fragments.

2. Dungeon chests and barrels in Shame now have locks and traps with difficulty and strength appropriate to the dungeon level.
1. This means that for example, the lesser magic items cannot be unraveled in relics even if they have the properties and the intensity to get a relic?

2. Does the chests also contains items with properties based on difficulty?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
interesting. I'll have to wait and see, I don't have trained chars on Origin. I had been training lockpick while fighting clay golems. At that point the barrels had no locks and contained new loot - the chests were locked and contained old loot - I was filling the chests and golem corpses with the items from the barrels and filling a spell book at the same time. I like multi-tasking when I'm hunting :D.
It may be that the chests will no longer be high enough to give gains for my char on that level :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, actually. The book only has one level 4 spell and that came from an air elemental when I took a break and dug the level 3 map I got from Grizelda