• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Message from the Game Masters

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Woot! Cheers! Hoowah! *spins around happyily then collapses*

As someone from a shard whose Fire and Ice Event was disprupted by rude, obsense and offensive bahavior and comments, I am very happy to see this change. *smiles*

WildStar

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To clarify this a little bit we do allow normal gameplay and Role Playing at the events. The things that disrupt events are things like but not limited to spamming spells and spamming text.

Chrissay
So, say if my group of friends happen to be doing something at a location, and a group of tools, followers, and EM's show up we won't be banned?
People do have a tendancy to sometimes do random hunts, field trips, and etc with friends. Not everyone cares or pays attention to EM stuff.

How about making sure the areas that are going to be in use at the time of the event are made off limits for an hour before?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
In defense of at least some macroers, I would point out that KR defaults to macros first, text later. It is very easy to start a conversation, forget to hit enter and have all manor of things happen.

Always a good idea to make sure you don't have any disrobing macro linked to "H", "E", "L" or "O".

*chuckles*

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering Draconi even said PvP is a part of factions and thus not considered disruptive, no.
Actually Pet is relaying his disruptive and asinine behavior of the event most recent past he and one other were spamming and being real idiot's at the event abuseing the shadow fiends life leech though he killed quite a few some of us foiled him with a well timed word of death and multiple greater dragon assult on the offending shadow fiend. But since a gm did come say stop to him while at the abbey afterwords when he was spaming poi fields i would believe that he now knows if he try's that crap again he will be getting an official spanking hopefully a Ban!.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chrissay, can you guys specifically institute a policy where spamming the sale of event items is prohibited. They can go to Luna to do their selling, after all, and it really just seems to **** people off and create ill will at the events.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually Pet is relaying his disruptive and asinine behavior of the event most recent past he and one other were spamming and being real idiot's at the event abuseing the shadow fiends life leech though he killed quite a few some of us foiled him with a well timed word of death and multiple greater dragon assult on the offending shadow fiend. But since a gm did come say stop to him while at the abbey afterwords when he was spaming poi fields i would believe that he now knows if he try's that crap again he will be getting an official spanking hopefully a Ban!.
One can only hope :p

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course they could alway do like they did for the glass dagger event with Andrew and squelch your char until it was time for you to say something.

C

Cromag

I like RP'ers, although it's not my 'thing', so I'll usually play along a bit if required and assist where I can, but I do draw the line at being insulted!
I would say he was insulting your character, not you personally. I dont think you should draw line there. Sosaria is not supposed to be all Disney.

As far as EMs getting prompt responses from GMs, I have no problem with this. They are trying to do something for the benefit of many players in attendance, so they should be #1 priority, even if they weren't employees.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Do not chuckles, just *stares*

Yahaxithonix
*laughs* I see this as a good thing old friend. I have never been a fan of "official" events of any sort. Yes, due to the disruption and "griefing".

If Mythic is serious about this... I really mean documented serious, I might reconsider... Jail 'em. Mark 'em. Ban 'em...
It will only take consistency and a few...

A

AesSedai

- I enjoy this positive message from our UO GM's :)

(In a way, it sets a precedent ~ & serves as a warning for future UO event disruptors)

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Personally I do not find this an excuse. People can't have a need for every letter key on their keyboard bound to some spell. And those same people have absolutely no problem at all talking without casting spells when they are trying to sell something at the bank, or cursing someone out for letting em die at a spawn. And if they do have everything tied to their letter keys, they need to learn to use the F sections, that's 36 macros there that's free and clear.
/rant
No offense but most of the best pvpers do have macros setup on most keys. Just because you do not play that way doesn't mean others cannot. I also see some of them spamming spells when talking normally and selling stuff in Luna. You cant say "Those same people" because obviously you have not met them all since I can point this out to you.

(and no I don't pvp. I use to and I used allot of my keys)

C

Canucklehead73

Not speaking of spamming spells... But I know my mage has alot of spells hot-keyed to single keystrokes, and since alot of us still use 2D I am usually casting spells and issuing pet commands as I am typing speech either in guild/alliance/party chat.

Just hope they realize the difference or let ppl know.

Not thet I have been to any events recently, so I do not know whats been going on, I just know I cast alot of spells when I "talk" in-game.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Not speaking of spamming spells... But I know my mage has alot of spells hot-keyed to single keystrokes, and since alot of us still use 2D I am usually casting spells and issuing pet commands as I am typing speech either in guild/alliance/party chat.

Just hope they realize the difference or let ppl know.

Not thet I have been to any events recently, so I do not know whats been going on, I just know I cast alot of spells when I "talk" in-game.
At the events its usually the EM's trying to give a speech or something to do with a storyline or are playing a part like Casca. And some people will spam spells over and over or text it is very blatant and easy to tell because you can read nothing but what they are spamming and it is for nothing more than to disrupt play for the masses.
My opinion is its very rude these EM's are trying to add to this GAME and make it better for all of us and they dont get paid and are being treated badly for no reason! not to mention the people that are listening and trying to participate !

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the EM's will be able to tell the difference between someone typing who has spells macros assigned to the keys and someone spamming a single spell over and over and over on purpose. Someone typing with spell macros doesn't have the same spell cast over and over.

Seriously, it's not that hard to tell the difference. Come on people! lmao

D

DarkScripture

I like the idea of making a zone, as stated like that around the throne room. I also like the zone in the Zoo. The no cast zone.

R

RichDC

I hope when i speak it doesnt get considered spamming spells...you see i dont write much text and almost all my spells are assigned to single button hot keys, so by typing a simple phrase maybe...hello how are you, that would "spam" about 10spells.

That is in the EM's hall were there is a no cast zone, However that said, they seem to know im not spamming as i talk to them alot.

D

Der Rock

In recent live events we have had some players who have been disruptive to the Event Moderators and other players. Going forward any player that disrupts an event will be asked to stop from the EM hosting the event. If the player continues to disrupt the event they will be removed from the area and a GM will be paged to handle the situation. Based on the GM’s investigation and findings, their account could be subject to punitive actions. If you would like to dispute such actions, you may click here and leave a detailed description.

More...

hm, make the player guilty for the inacapable presentation of "events" ?

in the past, i remember there was 1 event there was a QUITE enviroment,
so all spells and spams was invisible.
i missed this in the last events !
they dont be aware what will( and ever did )happen at those events?
all this spamming and casting, everyone know what will happen besides the EM´s ?

and for event items, EVERYONE know that almost everytime the SAME people get the items
but no one of the liables cares.
also shard hopper,LOL
the shards the event started first, give those players an enormous advantage.
average player run around the dungeon and even did NOT realice that items drop on the ground,not to mention where.
the ONLY thing the EM did was open a gate and say follow me,and all average players run around and realiced NOTHING

the events so far, are lame and unprofessional and will end in a disaster.
(EM´s will reward the closest friends they have on the shards,the same people will still get items,and average players in the end dont care about events anymore.)

so many things are so unprofessional presented in UO :wall:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Outstanding. EM will have a GM at his/hers beck and call. Keep events under control.