• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Eleventh Year Collection

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFL. If you think the prices are too high...don't buy. Sheesh...la
As is usual Rico you completely missed the point he was trying to make. Doesn't surprise me.
I didn't miss it all. He is complaining that somebody else is able to price gouge. Items sell for what someone is willing to pay for them. If players are willing to pay that much for these items...it isn't gouging. It's called market economics. If you can't afford, or think someone is charging too much...the simple solution...do not buy them. It's not like we won't have the chance to buy them, it may just take a little longer.

Once again, you fail at your troll...la

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tom-Builder and alterego, did you file a ticket on the support site or did you email to EA/Mythic? I only filed a ticket with the support site, which remains in 'unresolved' status, as instructed by Chrissay here and now I'm wondering if even a confused response is better than none at all
I did what you did and haven't heard anything either. :sad4:

I guess we are just stuck with them the way they are. I would have much rather have picked them since there are only about four of them i actually wanted.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rico- Let me tell you a little story about THAT kind of economics. Shortly after 9/11 some arsehole gas station owners jacked their prices of regular unleaded gas to 5.00 A GALLON! Many of these were in rural areas where people had NO choice but to buy from these arseholes. Well what goes around comes around; the Govenor of Oklahoma said they would refund customers the money they over charged or they would go to jail. Also everyone of them faced severe fines for price gouging. MORAL of the story Rico: Take advantage of people and it will come back to bite you in your ASS!

ABOO sweetie I'm a girl-person :) . Don't worry harmless mistake, I still wuv ya.

D

Deb

I was going to post asking if there has been an update to this.
But from reading here, guess it hasn't:sad4:
I hope those that bought them already get any problems resolved and that
the tokens are put back up for sale soon.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im a little miffed.

i just wanted to buy the package and get one of everything.
now i have to wait for them to iron this thing out.

i dont know why they couldnt have just left the original deal up and those of us who wanted it could buy it, instead of making us all suffer cause a few people want 11 pairs of earrings.

F

Flora Green

They should do what EA Japan is and allow both the package deal (one of each) and the option to buy individually.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would you even deal with it just call you credit card company and put stop payment on it and let them deal with the mix up.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know if they're even going to put them back up for sale or are we SoL?

S

Sweeney

Why would you even deal with it just call you credit card company and put stop payment on it and let them deal with the mix up.
Finally someone who isn't a sheep (hmm). People don't just suck it up, do something about it.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Now we all know what the so-called "technical difficulties" were that delayed them so long.

B

Bara

Rico- Let me tell you a little story about THAT kind of economics. Shortly after 9/11 some arsehole gas station owners jacked their prices of regular unleaded gas to 5.00 A GALLON! Many of these were in rural areas where people had NO choice but to buy from these arseholes.
I understand what you are saying, but you have to realize; we are talking about two entirely different things here.

On one hand we have a vital, real world commodity; stuff that, realistically speaking, people need to maintain their current real-world lifestyle. They needed it to get to work, or to pick up their kids.... and an opportunist was taking advantage of that situation in a very extortive way.

On the other hand, we have decorative items in a video game...

Real world necesity isn't even on the same playing field as a fluff item in a video game.

Again, I understand what you're saying, but the circumstances are drastically different.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rico- Let me tell you a little story about THAT kind of economics. Shortly after 9/11 some arsehole gas station owners jacked their prices of regular unleaded gas to 5.00 A GALLON! Many of these were in rural areas where people had NO choice but to buy from these arseholes.
I understand what you are saying, but you have to realize; we are talking about two entirely different things here.

On one hand we have a vital, real world commodity; stuff that, realistically speaking, people need to maintain their current real-world lifestyle. They needed it to get to work, or to pick up their kids.... and an opportunist was taking advantage of that situation in a very extortive way.

On the other hand, we have decorative items in a video game...

Real world necesity isn't even on the same playing field as a fluff item in a video game.

Again, I understand what you're saying, but the circumstances are drastically different.
I know its not a good comparision, but it was the best I could come up with off the top of my head at work. What I was trying to say is Bad Karma will ALWAYS come back and bite ya in the ass HARD. Unless you're a politician and for some reason they seem immune...Maybe evil can't harm evil LMAO!!
(No, this is NOT a dig at President Obama he's alright by me; it IS a dig at my state, local, county goverments and my stupid Congressmen!)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry to bring this to the front again, but thought it better to add information on this thread rather than begin another with the same topic

heard from EA Support today.... not resolved, no, but at least an acknowledgement

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Due to the nature of your issue, more time is required for investigation. I apologize for any prolonged delays this might cause, but please rest assured that we are trying to handle your issue in a timely manner. During this time, you may still update your incident with additional information that might help us resolve your issue without causing any additional delay. To update your incident click the link that says, To view or update your question from our support site, click here."

For your information I have closed your similar incident [#******-******], if you have any concern or query then please reply back to this e-mail confirming the same.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you and look forward to getting you back in the game!

Thank you,

EA Rep *****
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

F

Flora Green

Maybe I'm daft about this, but how hard is it to resolve the issue of the purchased token(s)? You have to use your account name to login and purchase and you've used a credit card. Calls have been made and tickets submitted with the info. How much additional info is needed? Did 20,000 people buy tokens that night? How hard is it to track who bought the tokens on what account and with what card on that date?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Given that a precedent has already been set for how this is being handled, that there are still people not getting a resolution looks bad.

(disclaimer: I'm not trying to get a refund, but I'd hate to think that my casual approach to the hickups is why they haven't simply done a blanket refund for purchases during that brief window rather than investigating each case separately)

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah boy, another step closer for the rest of us who would have been happy to just had a token and sold the rest of the stuff...then again you can always buy exactly what you want for cash somewhere else. ;)

S

Spada

sorry to bring this to the front again, but thought it better to add information on this thread rather than begin another with the same topic

heard from EA Support today.... not resolved, no, but at least an acknowledgement
Hello DevilsOwn,
I'm investigating why this particular issue has not yet been resolved. I apologize that it's taken this long. You should hear from someone today or tomorrow. If you like, you can update your incident with your phone number and the rep will be able to call you back to help.

Thank you
-Spada

D

DHMagicMan_1

These were "Released" on the codes website (for less than a day) over three months late and over a month ago...

Someone from EA/Mythic care to explain why it takes yet another month to fix this FUBAR situation, and why you all can't even learn to communicate effectively with your paying customers?

Do you think if you just ignore problems they will just go away? How does that work out for you when you don't pay your bills or don't stop when I cop is pulling you over? Seems pretty stupid to me!

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the mean while the arse-hole mentality players are now pricing these item between 15 and 30 million on vendors.

It just begs the question: Is someone paying EA to keep this screwed up?? I know, I know no one at EA would do that, but still THIS JUST FREAKIN SUCKS!

:yell:

D

DHMagicMan_1

So? If you don't feel they are worth tha much...don't buy them at that price. Pretty simple stuff...la
If EA would FREAKIN FIX THEIR SH%#@! then it wouldn't be an issue either... that's simple too... and what they are getting PAID FOR!

A

Aboo

So? If you don't feel they are worth tha much...don't buy them at that price. Pretty simple stuff...la
You still just don't get it do you Rico?

It's really pretty simple stuff Rico, let me try and explain this really simple stuff to you.

The issue here is that we were told OVER 4 months ago that we would be able to obtain them 30 days AFTER the Japanese got them. They got them November 13, 2008. Seems logical to assume that we could then get them on December 13, 2008, right? Even you must admit that is logical.

MONTHS passed and nary a word about them. No explanation as to why they weren't offered to us yet. No time frame as to when we might be able to get them.

Then 3 weeks ago they finally offered them to us, their step children, and we had the chance for mere hours to get them before they were whisked away. Now 3 weeks AFTER that fiasco again nary a word about them.

So the Japanese who have now had them for over 4 months and those fortunate to be able to get them for the few hours they were offered are attempting to gouge those who really want the items but are neither in the elite Japanese group or the group who managed to find out about it and obtain them the night they were offered.

It's a matter of fairness. And a matter of being told something and not being followed through with. And a matter of being ignored even though the question has been asked EVERY single week now for months.

Did I explain this pretty simple stuff to you sufficiently enough or would you prefer to troll yet some more on a thread that you have shown to have no interest in except to troll?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
You know Rico you never have anything constructive or good to say. These people should have had someone come up with some response by now.

If Siege is SOOO much fun as you claim why is it you are always on UHALL all the time and not playing Siege?.................Re

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Don't, Dingus!!! :twak: I'm just sayin is all! This was supposed to be something that WAS supposed to be available to all of us. They put the tokens up and took them down the same day because they screwed up and we're left waiting for what... a month?...2 months?... 6 months?... a year maybe?

As long as Stratics will let me I wil continue to excersize my god given right as a paying UO customer to B&M! :rant2:

If you don't like it so much Rico.... STOP READING MY POSTS! DUUUUH!:dunce:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I give up.... feel like I'm in a daydream....... Yes! we finally get bookshelves WITH books...... No we don't... they get them in Japan!...... But wait we'll get them soon!..... NO we don't...... they are coming ..... no they are not.... here they are.... no they aren't...... wait..... Yes???????? NO...... *sigh*....

Pretty soon you feel like .... just forget it already... I give up... not going to have nice bookshelves... Not going to have the nice trees.... not going to have the armor engraving tool I would like so very much....... well.... certainly not at 30 million gold I'm not...

A

Aboo

I give up.... feel like I'm in a daydream....... Yes! we finally get bookshelves WITH books...... No we don't... they get them in Japan!...... But wait we'll get them soon!..... NO we don't...... they are coming ..... no they are not.... here they are.... no they aren't...... wait..... Yes???????? NO...... *sigh*....

Pretty soon you feel like .... just forget it already... I give up... not going to have nice bookshelves... Not going to have the nice trees.... not going to have the armor engraving tool I would like so very much....... well.... certainly not at 30 million gold I'm not...
I think alot of us feel the way you describe.

Rarely in the 11+ years that I have played UO have I actually felt anger, true anger at something that has been forced upon us as a player base. Sure I've been upset when they changed this or removed that. However, the disaster that the 11th Anniversary Items has turned into has made me livid. Never have I felt more like the step child than during this.

But the anger I feel is because they have refused to keep us informed on what is going on. They have downright refused to field the weekly questions that have been asked. I cannot begin to understand why they have chosen to ignore us. :confused:

F

Flora Green

I think alot of us feel the way you describe.

Rarely in the 11+ years that I have played UO have I actually felt anger, true anger at something that has been forced upon us as a player base. Sure I've been upset when they changed this or removed that. However, the disaster that the 11th Anniversary Items has turned into has made me livid. Never have I felt more like the step child than during this.

But the anger I feel is because they have refused to keep us informed on what is going on. They have downright refused to field the weekly questions that have been asked. I cannot begin to understand why they have chosen to ignore us. :confused:
They've basically been ignoring us for 2 years. On that note, any of us (myself included) who criticized Jeremy clearly put the blame on the wrong person. She's long gone and they still have no clue about PR. What to do? Keep cancelling accounts if unhappy. I'm back down to three now that the holidays are over and going to close another one. Not liking my shard now anyways.

A

Aboo

They've basically been ignoring us for 2 years. On that note, any of us (myself included) who criticized Jeremy clearly put the blame on the wrong person. She's long gone and they still have no clue about PR. What to do? Keep cancelling accounts if unhappy. I'm back down to three now that the holidays are over and going to close another one. Not liking my shard now anyways.
I personally have never thought that it was the Community Relations person who should be held responsible. Possibly not the Devs either. I'm sure both answer to someone higher up. I just can't imagine why they would chose to ignore us knowing full well that they have to come here and take the flack. That is why it confuses me so much that they ignore a question asked of them EVERY week for months now.

I used to have 16 active accounts at one time. I parred them down to 7 and just this week I went down to 5. I will probably always keep my 11+ year account, until they close UO, but not sure how long I will keep the remaining 4.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is why it confuses me so much that they ignore a question asked of them EVERY week for months now.
Are you really that confused? You honestly don't get it? They don't care, they have new games to worry about.

Ultima is about as high on EA's list of priorities as you are on mine. They don't care about 11th anniversary, they don't care about cheating, they don't care about balancing. They just simply don't care.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*DOH*

Not a good day for someone from EA, even well meaning, to bump this thread.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ultima is about as high on EA's list of priorities as you are on mine. They don't care about 11th anniversary, they don't care about cheating, they don't care about balancing. They just simply don't care.
And you win the quote of the day award.... well said.

A

Aboo

Are you really that confused? You honestly don't get it? They don't care, they have new games to worry about.

See I don't believe they don't care, at least not the Devs. I believe they do care. Maybe the higher ups don't, I don't know about that.

But EA is a company. Even if they don't care about UO, getting a bad reputation about not caring about their customers would hurt them in other areas, other games that they DID care about.

I've heard many people on these boards say that they would never buy another EA game BECAUSE of the treatment they received here on UO. So, as a company, they should care!

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is why it confuses me so much that they ignore a question asked of them EVERY week for months now.
The launch went a bit wrong (by bit, I mean, ARGHHH). The latest information I have is that the code store is retooling their backend to support the sales of the 11th items the way we want, and lift certain buying restrictions. The only reason we haven't given out more information is we're waiting for the information as well.

I can at least share *that* though! :)

D

DHMagicMan_1

Let's say, for argument's sake that there are 30K accounts in the US and Europe that are still paying monthly fees. I personally don't know if that number is high or low but just assuming it's 30K accounts paying about $12 per month. That's about $360K of "Recurring Income" every month. To get that money EA/Mythic keeps servers running, pays for bandwidth, and pays employees in various departments including Development, Testing, Public Relations etc...

If recurring income of $4.3+ MILLION annually (more or less depending on the 30K account assumption) doesn't justify continued development and public relations, then they should close the game and focus their energies elsewhere.

As far as the 11th Collection issue, the FAR OUT STUPIDITY behind this fiasco is that the development and testing have already been done. The items exist and the tokens already exist and are for sale on the Asian Web site. There is literally NO EXCUSE for the delays and failures related to this roll-out since none of them have been TECHNICAL ISSUES, all simply failure to execute. Beyond failing to execute, we can throw on top of that failure to communicate on multiple levels.

If EA/Mythic had announced a new client coming out in February and then it wasn't ready, by all means communicate that techincal issue prevent us from delivering and delay while you fix the issues and deploy an outstanding product late... but COMMUNICATE. In this case however, there is no technical issue, everything already exists!

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hoping beyond hope there will be Tokuno dye tokens. :p

Btw thanks for torching the snow Drac...my eyes are no longer bleeding.

L

LadySteele

The launch went a bit wrong (by bit, I mean, ARGHHH). The latest information I have is that the code store is retooling their backend to support the sales of the 11th items the way we want, and lift certain buying restrictions. The only reason we haven't given out more information is we're waiting for the information as well.

Forgive me Draconi, but do you really believe that it takes 2-3 months to change a few lines of code on the backend, css, and html? Im not saying you are not being honest, I think you are getting told a line....

And I know there are working tokens that are not on JP shards. There is one on mine. Ive seen the snow tree on top of a keep.

I am sorry, but if it takes techs, programmers and system admins 2-3 months to do their job, while customers are growing impatient, with your company losing potential profit in this economy, then perhaps it is time to take the responsibilities elsewhere.

Just my 0.02 gp.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can understand everyone's frustration.
I just pretend that there is no 11th Aniv buyables.
Then when they come out, I'll decide if I want to buy.

As of now, I'd rather them clean up old crap. Lord knows what the 11th aniv will break.

A

Aboo

Thank you VERY much for sharing what you can. Any information is appreciated far more than I think you realize.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Why don't they just scrap the UGLY and worthless existing "Code Store" that looks like it was developed like an 8th grader, and build a real e-commerce website. It's really hard to believe that a professional MMO production company would let a site like that represent them.

A

Aboo

Why don't they just scrap the UGLY and worthless existing "Code Store" that looks like it was developed like an 8th grader, and build a real e-commerce website. It's really hard to believe that a professional MMO production company would let a site like that represent them.
No no no, don't tell them to do that right now then it will be another 6 months before the rest of us can get them, IF, by that time we are still interested.

I'm not one to cry gimme this for free, but I do kinda feel that since it has been 4 months since the Japanese got them, 3 months since we were told we could get them (but weren't offered them) and 3 weeks since a very few were able to get them, it would sure be a sign of goodwill if everyone were given one free master token to tide us over. :D