• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Eleventh Year Collection

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if the Japanese players are complaining on whatever the major Japanese UO messageboard is: "I can't believe the Americans are paying 600 yen less for their gifts than we did! I paid 3400 yen in good faith that this would be the international price, now my rares have been made worthless blah blah blah desu"

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arf!
What do we have here? Uo teams playing chinese whispers?

When I turned my pc on and saw that the new page had something posted about the 11th year tokens, I was really happy and
immediatly went to the gamecode site, just to sit there and search :sad4:

I´m really a bit disappointed that, after the long wait (Dec-Feb), still something goes wrong!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's very early, yes, just wanted to keep everyone updated on what's happened so far

that's it.... my ticket says 'unresolved' and I have no email

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Hey at least they aren't telling you to bad so sad. They fixing it *smiles*

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know, Gareth... good news lies in wait while bad news comes bangin' on your door

thanks for reminding me :)

N

Ni-

Personally, if they make it 11 selectable items, then I will probably buy 2-3 sets. Most of my choices would be the Bookshelves with a few duplicates of other items and some not chosen at all.

On the other hand, if they leave it as is, then I 'might' buy 1.

If they sell each item separately, then EA would get close to the same amount they would have for 3 sets of 11, depending on the individual pricing.

So here's my hope that they either allow the purchase of: a set of 11 selectable 11th Ann. tokens or, each item individually at reasonable prices.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's very early, yes, just wanted to keep everyone updated on what's happened so far

that's it.... my ticket says 'unresolved' and I have no email

Same here. I figure it will be a couple of days before I hear anything. :sad4:

F

Flora Green

Personally, if they make it 11 selectable items, then I will probably buy 2-3 sets. Most of my choices would be the Bookshelves with a few duplicates of other items and some not chosen at all.

On the other hand, if they leave it as is, then I 'might' buy 1.

If they sell each item separately, then EA would get close to the same amount they would have for 3 sets of 11, depending on the individual pricing.

So here's my hope that they either allow the purchase of: a set of 11 selectable 11th Ann. tokens or, each item individually at reasonable prices.
This is what I'm hoping for as well. I would like more than one of each tree and maybe a lamp or two, but no use for anything else really.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see a lot of people complaining about the price. That is how much people in Japan paid for them! Actually they ended up paying a bit more. You are getting a discount.
Are the Japanese players more important than the rest of the UO community?

Why wouldn't the entire community receive them at the same time?

Or is the rest of the community just being discriminated against?

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To err is human, to forgive, divine. (Alexander Pope, An Essay on Criticism)

Having said that however, I don't believe EA/UO intentionally mislead anyone. In fact, I'm pretty sure the typos and glitches with the website were not only unintentional but done with good intentions to meet popular demand.
I don't think Custer intended to get his entire force killed, but he did.

Also, if this type if problem happened rarely, it would be no big deal... Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't there seem to be some kind of "issue" with every patch or upgrade that has been done since 1997?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No but the EA Japanese is more interested in UO than the American one. I think EA Japan is indipendent and because of this they have better support etc. But all in all i would say, EA Mythic is atm doing a good job, the seeds are planted, but it need a bit time to grow up. Lets see what the new expansion brings, i think it must not be a very big content, small and with love is more important!

I think the EM's are a wonderfull idea, but there should also be "GM hour" every week where I can get support simply with my ingame problems.

A

Aboo

I see a lot of people complaining about the price. That is how much people in Japan paid for them! Actually they ended up paying a bit more. You are getting a discount.
I haven't gotten through this entire post yet and I didn't notice it until this morning as I spent last evening having an MRI done. So can someone please tell me in layman's terms what happened, why was it pulled and what the price was/is?

O

Old Man of UO

I haven't gotten through this entire post yet and I didn't notice it until this morning as I spent last evening having an MRI done. So can someone please tell me in layman's terms what happened, why was it pulled and what the price was/is?
Is this what you are asking for?
Posted on Stratics News:

Eleventh Year Collection: 11 Codes!
Chrissay Zeeman
17 Feb 2009 17:59:46

The Eleventh Year Collection codes are now available at UO Gamecodes This collection package was assembled in celebration of Ultima Online's 11th year.

This collection package was assembled in celebration of Ultima Online's 11th year.

Included in this bundle:

* Fallen Log
* Lamp Post
* Hitching Post
* Armor Engraving Tool
* Earring of Protection
* Ancestral Gravestone
* Bulk Order Cover
* Wooden Bookcase
* Snow Tree
* Maple Tree
* Willow Tree

Eleven (11) Item Codes that you can redeem in-game for 11 Eighth Anniversary Item Tokens. These Token can be used to choose one of each of the items listed above or 11 of the same item. You can choose any combination of 11 you desire. You can also give or trade these Tokens in-game with other players.

Although, I just checked gamecodes and it doesn't appear as an option.

HEH... edited gamecodes... accidently typed game coeds

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some major miscommunication between those that operate the uogamecodes store and what those at Mythic intended appears to have happened. I don't think it is going out on the limb here to say they did not intend to misrepresent the offer, especially after all this time of players requesting something, anything be said about it.

There is much to be red in the face about here but as it gets worked out please keep in mind that there is no inherent evil being done by Chrissay or anyone that has been working on bringing the 11th AnniCollection to the US.

Airmid
"Some major miscommunication"... In our world of real life, wars have been started over less.

I think that you should keep in mind that EA/Mythic is a business first and foremost. Their number one mission is to increase revenue, and nothing more. They absolutely do not care one little bit about the individual UO player and have proven so over the years.

The proof in the pie is as follows: The Japanese shards received the rewards first. They are one of EA's best revenue generators for UO, not us in the US or Canada or Europe.

You see if they truly cared about the product they sell, they would apply the proper amount of resources to it. But since this is all about money, they use as small of a staff as possible, and then overwhelm them with work.

The Devs/Programmers are being set up to fail by Corporate lackies who only know $ numbers and know nothing about UO or it's community. Sadly this buisness practice trickles down to the UO community by the way of poor product.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
In a nut shell...

The 11th year items,(not gifts) were offered for sale. $30. There was some miscommunication internally (my guess) and it was stated you could chose your items. That was not the case. When purchased you got one each of all 11 items.

Some bought with the understanding they could choose. A big ruckus occurred here on Uhall. Mythic pulled the items and are attempting to work with the folks the had purchased previous to pulling the items.

Stay tuned...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
On a side note, I hope you are doing well Aboo.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we can choose any combination of items, I may actually fork out the RL dough for it. But I'm not interested in many of the offered items, so if we can't choose I won't bother.

I want to be able to choose:

3x Maple Tree
3x Fallen Log
2x Earring
2x Bookcase
1x Hitching Post

I've no interest at all in the other items.

And if I'm actually spending RL cash... I'm not going to bother trading for what I want. That's the whole point of buying them, imo.

A

Aboo

In a nut shell...

The 11th year items,(not gifts) were offered for sale. $30. There was some miscommunication internally (my guess) and it was stated you could chose your items. That was not the case. When purchased you got one each of all 11 items.

Some bought with the understanding they could choose. A big ruckus occurred here on Uhall. Mythic pulled the items and are attempting to work with the folks the had purchased previous to pulling the items.

Stay tuned...
Thanks Kelmo for the quick response. Hopefully they will get it all worked out soon so that you can get your fallen log!

Headaches that they can't figure out why or how to treat. But I won't complain, too many other people have far worse to deal with. Thanks for thinking nice thoughts for me though.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you get all 11 with one token? or just 1? slightly confused and want to make sure before I buy.

OH, btw, uogamecodes has never let me by tokens.. it always tells me incorrect password. If I try the other way to do the user name (UO_XXX vs XXX) it get incorrect username. If I put in a wrong password, I get a totally different message. It doesn't reconize my UO account.
How can I get a token?

D

DHMagicMan_1

Last I heard, the tokens were removed from the site "temporarily" while they figured out what they were doing... so wait and see...

If they go back up the way they were you get the following:

$30 buys you 1 "Master Token for 11th Year Stuff" or whatever they are calling it... (Not 11th Anniversary!!)

When you click on the "Master Token" you break that one into three tokens...

In the end, you get one of each of the 11th year items... one of each tree, one armor engraving tool, one full book case, etc...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
while it's fairly certain that the number of people stung by this is greater than the number posting here, I'm not understanding that it is so high that it precludes case-by-case intervention and resolution

ticket still unresolved, still no email... my payment was taken swiftly, I don't feel it's unreasonable to expect a response within a day

it's not pretty when I pout... face all scrunches up and eyes get bloodshot:eek:

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure they can do it, but if you call your credit card company and report you bought an item under false pretenses they should reverse the payment so at least you get your money back.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In a nut shell...
In a nut shell...

EA/Mythic should not even be wasting resources on these items at this time or even gift baskets when there are still some pretty serious game bugs and game imbalances.

I look at it like this.. if they spent the time on fixes instead, we may see the patch sooner than later. Although I wont hold my breath in fear of suffocating.

To this day they have not fixed the paralysis bug that lets a tamer mount and ride away on his paralyzed pet. Let alone not fixing it to where tames should need Vet to control the crazy super dragons and dread horses. But this makes too much sense....

Makes me think the Devs don't know how to PvP, so they have to introduce certain... crutches to help them compete.

They made a half-hearted attempt in regards to red healers by having them at each moongate.. yet this does not fix the discrimination reds face on their own facet in the T2A lands with no red healers. Once again this is an example of a reactionary fix. How hard would it have been to code every blue healer in Fel/T2A to be red instead of blue.. or does this also make too much sense?

People complain about 3rd party programs that cause game imbalance, yet if they fixed the game properly you would not see as much cheating.

As an example who cares if someone unattended macros? It's not like everyone wouldn’t have the same opportunity to do so.

Most of the game changes and fixes seem to have been reactionary instead of being logically thought out.

Here is a thought.... how about fixing taming in a patch, fix crafting in another patch and fix PvP in yet another patch. And don't veer off course during this process.

And for the love of God, enough with the stupid cards and bacon and chocolate.

It is infuriating when 90% of all the items in this game are decoration. Did it ever occur to EA/Mythic that some people play this game for other reasons than to decorate their houses!!

A

Aboo

. . . It is infuriating when 90% of all the items in this game are decoration. Did it ever occur to EA/Mythic that some people play this game for other reasons than to decorate their houses!!
I wonder exactly how many of the people in UO are there for either PvM or decorating their houses as opposed to PvP. Would be interesting to see the numbers.

I'm all for anything that has to do with decorating because I love that part of the game. I can understand how you may be upset because it irks me beyond belief when they change something JUST because the PvPers whine about it. So I guess you have a legitimate complaint.

However, I am still excited about the 11th Anniversary Items and can't wait for them to be released!

And I can't wait for Kelmo to get his fallen log! Then I want to come see his house!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And the ultimate irony? whats the word I'm looking for...
Is that 3 posts below this, as I write, Spada is asking for input on improving customer service ;)
I wonder if he wishes he could pull that post lol

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
And the ultimate irony? whats the word I'm looking for...
Is that 3 posts below this, as I write, Spada is asking for input on improving customer service ;)
I wonder if he wishes he could pull that post lol
:lol:

No. I don't think he would. These are interesting times. I see progress and a genuinely compassionate and active crew at the helm of UO. Yeah, this slip up is unfortunate. It seems Mythic is all about damage control and making it right.

They still have my confidence. *nods*

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol
Kelmo, you're a cool guy, I like you.
And yeah, I too, think we are in pretty good hands, I just don't think there are enough of em! Just seems like everytime they try to do something, something goes wrong. When we were working as mechanics, we said we were "snakebit", no matter what we did, something would mess up. ;)

Seems Mythic has snakes too! :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yeah. *laughs* Snakes on a game. I trust it will be OK. I myself never do anything on day one. I am interested in this collection. Thirty bucks is not so much for my favorite hobby. Golfers spend more than that on balls.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry to bring this up front again, curious if anyone has had a response yet... I have not.... ticket status remains 'unresolved', I have no email and no response from pm sent to Chrissay with all information

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry to bring this up front again, curious if anyone has had a response yet... I have not.... ticket status remains 'unresolved', I have no email and no response from pm sent to Chrissay with all information
Nope I haven't received any response yet. :sad4:

A

Asmodai

nah nothing yet, it's very annoying and disgustingly bad service. as usual.

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone had a response yet??
I got one, they said it was unclear what my problem was. I had all the info in it, a link to this forum, plus I added a copy of it in the email and a copy of the uogamecodes ad. Guess that just wasnt enough info for them. I'm thinking we will get stuck with one of each item. I mostly wanted the bookcases. I will add the other tokens to my many unused ones from the past.

Tom

R

rwek

I would bet from a legal stand point. They would have to honor their agreement. Even if its not as they intended. It's not like there was a typo in the price and the product is sold for a penny of its value. It's simply a choice issue.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I would bet from a legal stand point. They would have to honor their agreement. Even if its not as they intended. It's not like there was a typo in the price and the product is sold for a penny of its value. It's simply a choice issue.
I doubt they "HAVE TO" honor the original ad... more likely, I'd be willing to bet the easiest solution they have is to refund every purchase of the 11th collection that went through... If you got items you got them for free, lucky you. Meanwhile, EA will figure out how to redo the distribution system again.

That's what I'd do anyway.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no contact about the tokens at all

I don't want my money back, I just want the remaining ten tokens (simply couldn't wait, I used the bookcase token) exchanged for ones that I can make my own selections with

I'm a patient sort, so it's just a matter of waiting til they get it sorted out

A

altarego

I finally received a response regarding this issue and they told me I couldn't get a refund unless I "send in the box with the game and UPC code". Sounds like someone is spamming out canned responses. Either that or EA support doesn't have a clue what's going on in Mythic.

I bought two tokens, one right after another for myself and my son, and we both clicked through to the end, hoping we could finally build our rune library on Napa. I have tooltips turned off in KR and there was nothing to suggest I wouldn't get an option once all of the tokens expanded into their redeemable forms (or at least have a context menu, similar to the cupid menu).

I sent back another reply explaining, in great detail, the situation including the following clause from their warranty agreement:

Product Exchange or Return:
If you meet one of the following criteria and you are within the 90-day warranty period, you can return the product to Electronic Arts for a replacement.

* The product was determined to be defective by an Electronic Arts Technical Support representative.

Either they have to honor that agreement by fixing the situation (i.e. removing all of our tokens/items etc. and giving us new working tokens) or they have to return their money. They aren't legally obligated to do either, but they are legally obligated to do one or the other.

I hope they respond.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is really disgusting me is that the arsehole profiteers are making mills because of this screw up because everyone didn't get a chance to by the tokens. Right now the individual items are selling for 3 to 7 mil. EACH!

Okay let's use this exchange 1 mil = 1 USD. So the original would be the equivalant of 30 mil. So with 11 item at 3 mil each is equaled to 33 mil a set. That's a 3 mil profit. The arseholes selling for 7 mil is making a profit of 47 MILLION!!! GRRRR Can we all say PRICE GOUGE!!! :yell:

Please EA fix the problem and put the items back up there so these dorks are outta business. :twak:

A

Aboo

What is really disgusting me is that the arsehole profiteers are making mills because of this screw up because everyone didn't get a chance to by the tokens. Right now the individual items are selling for 3 to 7 mil. EACH!

Okay let's use this exchange 1 mil = 1 USD. So the original would be the equivalant of 30 mil. So with 11 item at 3 mil each is equaled to 33 mil a set. That's a 3 mil profit. The arseholes selling for 7 mil is making a profit of 47 MILLION!!! GRRRR Can we all say PRICE GOUGE!!! :yell:

Please EA fix the problem and put the items back up there so these dorks are outta business. :twak:
Yea and so those of us who didn't get the chance to buy them can obtain them. I would have been happy with 1 of each myself! But, of course, it they advertised I could buy 11 of 1 and I didn't get that I would be very unhappy!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tom-Builder and alterego, did you file a ticket on the support site or did you email to EA/Mythic? I only filed a ticket with the support site, which remains in 'unresolved' status, as instructed by Chrissay here and now I'm wondering if even a confused response is better than none at all

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ah...err....umm....before you work yourself into too much of a tizzy there, Jirel, don't forget the Japanese players can still purchase the 11th Anniversary Collection as a whole or as individual pieces. (See https://ultimaonline.jp/store/item_list.php .) There is a possibility you are seeing items that were purchased through the Japanese site.

The items I got last week from purchasing the collection last Tuesday afternoon from uogamecodes.com are either locked down at my house (the hitching post, the lamp, the bookcase, and the gravestone) and the rest are stuffed in a bag where they will probably remain, unused, for a very very long time.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ROFL. If you think the prices are too high...don't buy. Sheesh...la