• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] The Black Gate Champ Spawn

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This. It's a shame that all of these limited time events are all overlapping. Without knowing end dates it's hard to prioritize which to finish first when you have limited time to play.
Yes, I agree scheduling two limited time events on top of each other is a poor choice. I think the Black Gate Champ Spawn was well done, but between the two, I have to pick one and Deceit is getting my focus at the moment.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Plus that orc spawn yields poor rewards compared to deceit.

Once you have the Batlin talisman of course.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes, I agree scheduling two limited time events on top of each other is a poor choice. I think the Black Gate Champ Spawn was well done, but between the two, I have to pick one and Deceit is getting my focus at the moment.
100%. I think the Devs got behind (poor time management imo) with these releases tbh and that is why they are overlapping. The black gate event should have started on Sep 1 with a quick follow champ spawn event a week later (since they said "Black Gate - Sept") and then start the halloween event on Oct 1.

If memory serves correct I don't think we go the Black Gate stuff til mid-late Sept and then the champ spawn til the end of Sept (but the cube drop was broken for the final free weekend). By the time they got the Black Gate stuff fixed, the Halloween event started like 2 days later. I believe the "Ice" event is slated for December while the Halloween event (as per the vendor) ends Nov 15th. That leaves 2 weeks in between to tidy up and hopefully allows Devs to get the Ice event in on Dec 1. People could perhaps do the black gate event more (I think they said it would be around a while).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
100%. I think the Devs got behind (poor time management imo) with these releases tbh and that is why they are overlapping. The black gate event should have started on Sep 1 with a quick follow champ spawn event a week later (since they said "Black Gate - Sept") and then start the halloween event on Oct 1.

If memory serves correct I don't think we go the Black Gate stuff til mid-late Sept and then the champ spawn til the end of Sept (but the cube drop was broken for the final free weekend). By the time they got the Black Gate stuff fixed, the Halloween event started like 2 days later. I believe the "Ice" event is slated for December while the Halloween event (as per the vendor) ends Nov 15th. That leaves 2 weeks in between to tidy up and hopefully allows Devs to get the Ice event in on Dec 1. People could perhaps do the black gate event more (I think they said it would be around a while).
You should bookmark this page. I have linked it to you before. We have an event in November and December plus the artisan festival. There will be no tidy up period.
Players wanted more content and now players are crying because there is too much?

With the dynamic system, they can do this stuff as often as they want.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
It does seem like a lot of events are jammed together in the last part of the year. Anniversary, Halloween, thanksgiving -sometimes- , Christmas all have goodies we want but some of us have jobs and families and other things to do. It can feel like it is a second jobtryiing to get to all these events.
For whatever reason the uo team has chosen this schedule.... Heavy load in the fall...slow rest of the year.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So we think the November event, Forest of the Dark, will start while the Deceit Undead Lords event is finishing up? It would have to do that to fit in all this plus a December event before the end of the year. I’m interested whether the rewards will be the same or unique with each one.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You should bookmark this page. I have linked it to you before. We have an event in November and December plus the artisan festival. There will be no tidy up period.
Players wanted more content and now players are crying because there is too much?

With the dynamic system, they can do this stuff as often as they want.
I stand corrected. Sorry I didn't remember there was a November event planned as well.

As for people complaining; this is UO... what else would people do? It doesn't matter what the devs do people will complain either way....

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stand corrected. Sorry I didn't remember there was a November event planned as well.

As for people complaining; this is UO... what else would people do? It doesn't matter what the devs do people will complain either way....
Have clear end dates like they do with Deceit. Lengthen the time these events are available. The Deceit event has some of the most desirable rewards but a short time to participate. People have lives outside the game and can’t farm all day like some can. As others mentioned, there are months other than Sep-Dec.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well we do not know if the Forest of the Dark is a Treasures of.. event. But would be nice if they closed a vendor and opened a new one with the same reward items plus two new ones.

Or the Forest will be another event like the Talisman and Cube.

Last edited: