• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] The Black Gate Champ Spawn

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can anyone confirm they were able to get a talisman on the same account on different shards?

I did the spawn on my sampire (got one) then went back on my tamer (got looting rights) but didn't even get a message about already getting one. I was thinking of trying a different shard but won't bother with the shard transfer if it's just 1 per account.
Read 2 posts above yours. Also stated earlier, that the tali goes to top damagers. Looting rights does not guarantee Boss drop.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
i think the cube was only dropping the first time you do it after it i knwo no one who got one

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
yeah kyronix say many things that should work in game but dont...like last halloween soulbinder lesser damage you done you filled 6 jars high end half jar

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’ve gotten zero total. But I’ve only done the spawn twice.
Ppl on LS have done the spawn 5 to 10 times and have none. Seems like they are not getting them each spawn. No one will speak up when we ask if anyone got them today.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I got mine when I went the first time, solo'd the first lvl spawn and that's when I got mine.

I have only run through the entire spawn twice, didn't get one the second time.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have done the spawn multiple times on Sonoma and the only time we got the cube to drop was when it was first there.

someone said in General Chat on Atlantic, that they only spawn on the first round after server comes back up each day. I don't know if they just said that to be trolling, or if they were serious... But everyone i know on Sonoma hasn't gotten one since the first day. (none of them have been around on the first round either)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten one cube after 2 runs. My friend got 2 on the first spawn and 1 the 2nd.

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
I have done the spawn multiple times on Sonoma and the only time we got the cube to drop was when it was first there.

someone said in General Chat on Atlantic, that they only spawn on the first round after server comes back up each day. I don't know if they just said that to be trolling, or if they were serious... But everyone i know on Sonoma hasn't gotten one since the first day. (none of them have been around on the first round either)
I played the first round after server reboot as my first time of the event and I didn't get it

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I played the first round after server reboot as my first time of the event and I didn't get it
Most players on LS that did the very first spawn did not get one. So, that does not prove or disprove any theories.
Our Idol was not there when the announcement was on UO.com so we were talking in chat and had a large group because it took about 30 minutes to get the Idol placed so lots of our regular players and others were waiting at the spawn site.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten one cube after 2 runs. My friend got 2 on the first spawn and 1 the 2nd.
ok i see all saying they get the cub....
just one question: first or after you get tali?
i think this is important....!!!

Last edited:

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not correct. Cube is just not a common drop. Players have received Tali then cube later on same toon.
Umm.....What? We've spoken to players across three shards. No one we've spoken to has gotten the cube after getting the talisman. Not one.

I personally have done around 10 spawns between 2 characters on the same account, got a talisman on my first one, no cube since.

One possibility is that you and your friend group are just that much luckier and/or that much more awesome than anyone I've spoken to.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Umm.....What? We've spoken to players across three shards. No one we've spoken to has gotten the cube after getting the talisman. Not one.

I personally have done around 10 spawns between 2 characters on the same account, got a talisman on my first one, no cube since.

One possibility is that you and your friend group are just that much luckier and/or that much more awesome than anyone I've spoken to.
The notes say you can get more than 1 cube. I'm saying this seems like there is an issue with the cube drop rate. I don't know what the issue is but players with multiple accounts have not received cubes at all. Even before they have a talisman. Thanks for posting in the bugs section.
Others please post here Cube bug? with your experience on cube drop rate.
Let's get this fixed!

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Got the cold talisman on first try
Woo ooooooo !!

Went back second time to get other things and got jack Squat

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is incorrect. I've gotten the cube on multiple accounts and a friend has multiple accounts and got one as well.
Umm tell that to the players I am talking about. One guy has 20 Talismans and not one cube.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I just posted this on the other Forums but the question was asked at the Meet and Greet just now and Bonnie said:

*This is running a whole month so we are looking into it*

So maybe they will fiddle with the coding a bit and more cubes will drop soon...who knows.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm telling it to you as you were giving misinformation and speaking as if it was the rule (it isn't). Do with it what you want.
I did not say it was a rule. I just stated fact for many players. How many cubes have y'all got in the last 2 days?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh it is the rule. You lucked out K. I hope it is not an intended feature. I still don't get why it looks like rubble dyed. Does to me. We do have talented artists.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh it is the rule. You lucked out K. I hope it is not an intended feature. I still don't get why it looks like rubble dyed. Does to me. We do have talented artists.
It's easier to re-hue an existing item rather then create a whole new one. It's a cool color. I'm glad they didn't waste their time creating a whole new graphic.

Scarlett

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Cubes drop in your bag. I got 1 cube at the very first champ spawn on our shard. It dropped in my bag while fighting the spawn not boss. I got the talisman after the boss fight. The cube once locked down can be doubled clicked where it makes a hauntingly laugh at least that is what it sounds like to me. It does not make the noise when you walk by like other objects you def have to double click it.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Thought this was funny. I just spent the last 2 hours at the spawn on Origin (by myself) frying orcs. Finally got killed and realized there was nowhere to get a rez :eyes:

uh oh.......

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They drop in your pack, I didn't
Thought this was funny. I just spent the last 2 hours at the spawn on Origin (by myself) frying orcs. finally got killed and realized there was nowhere to get a rez :eyes:

uh oh.......
Yeah they took the healers out! I was so mad! Have to duel client so I can rez myself lol

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive done the champ spawn 6 times with different accounts/shards and received a tali on each.
i have yet to receive a box.

i have run my one guy through a couple times and other than the tali on the first time have not received anything else... no 2nd tali and no box's.

so i think im in line with 90% of what everyone is saying here.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
done 3x runs with my main char and got no cube or other things.
Did get the cold last night and today the physical talismans

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got 10 tallys zero boxes, done about 14 spawns.
At this point, only a fool or someone that does not play and has no clue would think the participation award is working as intended. Its sad because we love to do group activities on LS. Nobody wants to do them for a chance at nothing.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My friends and I got a cube on the 1st battle on our shard and haven't seen another yet.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this point, only a fool or someone that does not play and has no clue would think the participation award is working as intended. Its sad because we love to do group activities on LS. Nobody wants to do them for a chance at nothing.
i do around 8 champ spawn almost all alone, just the last level with some other player and nothing... yes, its not working as intended

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i do another run "now" and i GOT IT!!!!

After many runs and a lots of kill.... really a lots...

So i can say: you can get it
If its working as intended i dunno... but you can get it!

Last edited:

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confirmed - got cube on ATL after killing dozen or so 2nd wavers - same account as tali winner but different character.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Do you need to have completed the Black Gate walk quest to get the blue box?

Three champs no box... :/
did get talis on first champ tho