• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Special UO Dev M&G Sept 25, 2023 @ 7pm ET on TC1!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Favorite idea!

[Mesanna]: we can just take it all and give everyone 6 plat

This would be popular this time of year:
[Rain]: I was wondering if there was any chance
[Rain]: that we could make the player made baskets engraveable?
[Rain]: I LOVE to use them for gifts and rewards
[Mesanna]: oh that is a good idea
[Rain]: and it would be GREAT to be able to engrave them
Kyronix]: You can never have enough baskets
[Rain]: right?
[Rain]: you should see my Moms house
[Mesanna]: its a good idea
[Mesanna]: I like it
[Rain]: thank you
[Rain]: very much

Other highlights

[Kyronix]: While others have no problem infringing on intellectual property
[Kyronix]: It’s not something we do

[Jirel of Joiry]: Do I go now?
[Mesanna]: yes please

One for @Anon McDougle
[Mesanna]: we love reading suggestions
[Mesanna]: email me and I will share with the team

One for @Keven2002
[Skett]: how much longer do you feel uo will last
[Kyronix]: Forever

NL Info

[Epic Lute Gaming]: Any idea how long this phase of NL beta will be?
[Mesanna]: couple of months
[Mesanna]: after that we will probably add more
[Epic Lute Gaming]: after that expanding the tester base?
[Mesanna]: and open it up

[SnowWolf]: and I know you guys probably cant announce the release date but
do you have an estimate date for
[SnowWolf]: open beta?

[Mesanna]: Mid next year
[Mesanna]: and of course adding as we go and get more content in

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mid next year for open beta so June/ July ? So 9 to 10 more months of nothing really new for prodo shards ?
So maybe NL will be out late next year ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mid next year for open beta so June/ July ? So 9 to 10 more months of nothing really new for prodo shards ?

I see you are an optimist. :p

But, ya they did not add new style items to the Artisan festival. So that ends the new content this year for it. I would assume they plan to have it out before December next year.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You’re awesome! Thanks for posting it!

and do I dare say that Mesanna seemed almost pleasant during that? It caught me off guard. I’ll have a double of whatever she was having.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, it's nice to see Luc and Jirel still being Luc and Jirel. On a separate note, they kept calling this a Special M&G; what was special about this one? It was the same vague answers we always get with very little substance and actual information. Open beta mid-2024 for something that's been in development supposedly since late 2019 made me chuckle though.

@Larisa, thanks for taking the time to do these. It is appreciated.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna]: we can just take it all and give everyone 6 plat
The question is, for which trade Gold or platinum will be used. I think most of them will some day turned into rl money and back into game.

Will nl be driven by a new Cash exchange?
Can I trade Atlantic Gold against nl resources?
How many Players are still active in the alpha test?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
One for @Keven2002
[Skett]: how much longer do you feel uo will last
[Kyronix]: Forever
I'm assuming this is just another troll post and not something you actually believe? Surely even you aren't that naive, right? I guess if someone asked Trump how he thinks he did as a President and he said "Great", you'd also accept that?

Highly doubt anyone actually thinks that a team that's been speculated to be in maintenance mode is actually going to respond with "for as long as we can drag this thing out".

Well, it's nice to see Luc and Jirel still being Luc and Jirel. On a separate note, they kept calling this a Special M&G; what was special about this one? It was the same vague answers we always get with very little substance and actual information. Open beta mid-2024 for something that's been in development supposedly since late 2019 made me chuckle though.
I also got a kick out of another "mid-year" release of yet another instance of NL that isn't the final release. Looks like it's going to be 5 years and counting!! They should give out an aniversary gift for that lol.

I think the response of "handle it via email" is a bit hollow. In the project world that's the equivalent of "let's handle this offline" and the can gets kicked down the road to hopefully never appear again. To me that's what is typically done at all the M&G so I'd agree that I'm not really sure what made this one so special.... maybe because they gave refreshments? Or maybe because they've gotten away from even having M&G so having another one within 2 months of a previous one was "special"?

I read through it twice and on the first pass I thought there were quite a few questions... but on the second pass the one thing that I noticed is that there were a bunch of questions that Mesanna/team didn't actually give an answer for. People would say "Hey wondering if we can get X updated if you can, that's all I had thanks bye" and the Dev response was basically " ok thank you bye".

I do applaud the team for saying "no" on things that will not change so there is a solid answer... I just wish that there was an actual follow up note from Mesanna on all of the action items where she said "we will look into this". A true PM would actually be held accountable for giving those updates... but ... yea ... ya know.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do applaud the team for saying "no" on things that will not change so there is a solid answer... I just wish that there was an actual follow up note from Mesanna on all of the action items where she said "we will look into this". A true PM would actually be held accountable for giving those updates... but ... yea ... ya know.
While I like the interaction and the effort of communication, the M&G really has zero actual value. I think what it really comes down to for me is that these M&G aren't really status updates. I'm sure I'm a broken record at this point but I want to see a roadmap, demos, and actual discussions on the status of the game - you know, the bare minium of what is expected of a Project/Program Leader. Not two sentences on whatever pet question someone wants to ask that only impacts ten people.

I will say though that she was surprisingly civil this M&G, that's a bit of a rarity.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can I trade Atlantic Gold against nl resources?
Transfers from and to the NL shard won't be possible. If it that would be possible would be against the whole season concept. (See other games, which do seasons, like Diablo 2, 3, & 4, PoE etc...)

How many Players are still active in the alpha test?
One would assume, that if they run low on testers or need/want more in general, they would do another raffle.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Transfers from and to the NL shard won't be possible. If it that would be possible would be against the whole season concept. (See other games, which do seasons, like Diablo 2, 3, & 4, PoE etc...)

One would assume, that if they run low on testers or need/want more in general, they would do another raffle.

Actually they did say that at the end of a season you WILL be able to transfer SOME items off to your home shard.

1696000063192.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The question is, for which trade Gold or platinum will be used. I think most of them will some day turned into rl money and back into game.

1. Will nl be driven by a new Cash exchange?
2. Can I trade Atlantic Gold against nl resources?
3. How many Players are still active in the alpha test?
My answer guesses.

1. I think still gold and plats. She does not like pay to win and they said no vet rewards there, probably no store items.
2. Only if another player trades you. Like Seige now.
3. Good question, how many of the 50 are active?

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you'll need to start a char on nl that's not your main account if you plan on transferring back.
if the items you obtain are from a full season of effort I wonder how many come back to prodo shards

UO doesn't seem like a seasonal game most of us left playing have full houses and not even the pvp crowd would want to keep starting over and over
Im sure its just me tho, I hope NL brings the largest biggest audience ever !!! if it even happens before UO is closed that is...

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Skett, I have a great idea. While we're waiting, if you're bored pop on over to Baja with your crafter and you can help us make large bods for the Artisan's Festival! Great idea right? :heart:

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
[Hammersmith]: i would like to ask for a couple items to be added to the UO store
[Hammersmith]: one would be like a token to protect your pets when training
[Hammersmith]: so if we screw up a pet it will revert it back to that point
[Hammersmith]: because it really sucks to screw up a blaz cu or something like that

Does anyone know what this means? how is it possible to screw up a pet?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem is will anyone spend money to transfer deco or useless items ? Even characters I'm willing to bet most of us have 7 fully scrolled characters
Once the season is over, the shard will get deleted and players will have a certain amount of time to transfer off any char with any eligible items they want to keep. I'm 100% confident, this will be a free transfer. That's how it works for all other games with seasons. Nobody in the industry charges any money for this.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem is will anyone spend money to transfer deco or useless items ? Even characters I'm willing to bet most of us have 7 fully scrolled characters
I will transfer the toons to shards I have no skilled toons on. All my LS toons are skilled. No other shards have skilled toons, so I could transfer for years.

It is not difficult to find someone to transfer items for you.

Since the max skills there
[Hammersmith]: i would like to ask for a couple items to be added to the UO store
[Hammersmith]: because it really sucks to screw up a blaz cu or something like that

One example. Build pet right after Margarita Night. Do everything but forget to add Chivalry.... Notice when you see that leftover scroll in your backpack.

But there are many ways to mess up a pet. Go Lore pets at the Atlantic stables. You will see plenty.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you'll need to start a char on nl that's not your main account if you plan on transferring back.
if the items you obtain are from a full season of effort I wonder how many come back to prodo shards

UO doesn't seem like a seasonal game most of us left playing have full houses and not even the pvp crowd would want to keep starting over and over
Im sure its just me tho, I hope NL brings the largest biggest audience ever !!! if it even happens before UO is closed that is...
They NEVER said it cost anything from NL to Prodo. You can Xfer Char to any Prodo Shard and I doubt there is any player that uses all 7 Chars on all the Prodo shards for anything other than collecting gifts.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

It is very possible to screw up a build if you do not read up first or take it to TC.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I asked again about the chicken lizard eggs not hatching and I didn't get a response and after M&G @Kyronix stayed until 9pm and I asked again a few times nothing... others in audience want an answer as well. seems odd they would turn them off on some shards and not others.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I quit this game over a year ago, the devs are useless. 20Th anniv party they announced vvv update and NL both of which are still not finished 7 years later!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I quit this game over a year ago, the devs are useless. 20Th anniv party they announced vvv update and NL both of which are still not finished 7 years later!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL
And yet your still here checking in....sucker.......

*tips his hat and heads of down the trail with a flip of his horses tail*

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Sorry, but I can't go into details: this is a family forum.