NEWS [UO.Com] Publish patch notes

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 25, 2010
Silly me, I thought that's what our not insubstantial (considering the age of the game and level of service we get) subscription fees were for.
With the playerbase continually declining, subscription fees alone would not support the game. People can complain all they want, calling EA "greedy" or anything else, but the game would shut down without the revenue. I go through more Forged Metal tools than I care to admit.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 25, 2010
And by the way, claudia, when you adjust for inflation, $9.99 in 1997 dollars would be well over $14 today. We're getting nothing less than a superior value today than when the game first launched, particularly considering the much greater content, with hardly any shard crashes and the resulting timewarps.

Reactions: Sean

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 25, 2010
Not when you have a city ordinance stating any merchandise sold out of the back of a truck will not be considered stolen which is essentially what we have when players have been told "duped items will no longer go on vendors."

As others have pointed out the lack of communication and withholding information from the playerbase exactly on how the "duped items will no longer go on vendors" process works is problematic.

The Dev Team has painted itself into a corner. They do not have the high ground being they haven't communicated to the playerbase what is going on.

In a court of law...they would lose.
Notwithstanding that my example "out of the back of a truck" is metaphorical, show me such a "city ordinance" anywhere in the United States. Then I'd really like you can go there and knowingly buy stolen property, then use such a defense.

There is no "court of law" you can appeal to here. It's EA's rules and theirs alone. Yes, no one will argue that they shouldn't have taken care of this sooner, but in the end it's their prerogative to do a wholesale delete of suspect tokens. I take a rather harsh stance on their general lack of communication, so it may surprise people that there's justification for such a delay. They're probably following a digital trail to investigate this likely duping.

Without going into details, I suspect that the inability to put a duped item on a vendor is easily defeated.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
Activating an account for a month costs $14.22 where I live, the staff is a fraction of what it was, and now no new expansions or actual content. But hey now we get THE CLOUD! with all its associated lag and problems switching characters... There's revenue then there is profiteering at the expense of the customer while providing substandard shoddy products and service so profits can look good for the CEO who gets millions and the wall street shareholders.

As for wanting to talk to the duper why would he bother telling them how he did it? There's no incentive for him to tell them. Hell if a player reports a dupe or exploit where once they had a bounty program back in Jeremy's day now you don't even get a thank you.

The E-Mail I got from them recently pretty much sums up the state of EA's customer service.

"Dear Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown,
As always, we strive to provide you with the world's best customer experience for the world's best games."

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 29, 2008
My first post from about 12 hours ago was deleted...Oopsy :blushing: ...so I'll try again. <Insert innocent smiley with a halo here.>

What I don't understand is if there is a vendor with 125 mythic tokens on it for 10 million gold each, why isn't it removed or teleported to the GM/EM grass area where nobody can access it? To just leave it in plain sight and allow people to continue buying items from it doesn't make any sense to me.

Unless they are actively watching it and trying to catch the sellers main account? Which they should be doing. But it still doesn't make any sense why they would allow players to continue purchasing items from it. Especially consumable items. They should lock the vendor and lock the account from making any vendor purchases or player trades or dropping the checks on the floor. Only thing they should be able to do is put the gold in a house container if they are a friend or co-owner? After all the bank checks are secretly marked as invalid of course. Then once the drop is made ban them, the account of the house owner, and delete all the gold and items in the house. I'm sure all you'd be doing is deleting 2 dummy accounts though so that's kind of pointless. Especially considering the amount of time it would take to monitor all of that.

What would be funny is if they could mark the vendor so that when gold is claimed it appears in the bank box as a bloody black check that says this gold is corrupted and make it like a quest item that can't be removed. So all they could do is claim the 1.225 billion gold off the vendor on all their characters only for it to be stuck in their bank boxes with no way to use it. So the account basically becomes useless. But still the question would be why are they still allowing these items to be bought in the first place???

Flat out deleting the vendor just makes more sense. Once it is removed and a new one pops up that might clue you in on who is doing it? If another vendor is placed in the same spot then the house owner needs to be investigated. At the very least you'd have some sort of damage control. What good does allowing the vendor to stay open and the items to be purchased from it do? Isn't there a way to tell how old a player vendor is? Like the parrots? Any vendor that is less then so many days old and has dozens of mythic tokens obviously means the house owner needs to be looked into.

I am confused why it appears nothing is being done?

You would think there would be a way to turn off the tokens. With a little message "Sorry, the use of mythic tokens has temporarily been disabled. Try again later."

Or make all mythic tokens unable to be placed on a vendor? Same message. "Sorry. You can not sell mythic tokens on a vendor at this time."

Lots of people (Innocent or not) are buying these tokens. If they are not going to remove the skills of the used tokens then that is messed up. Why allow the vendors to continue to operate?

I wish they had a team member dedicated to going through general chat and searching players characters, banks, and houses looking for dupers.

You'd think it wouldn't be hard to figure out who is doing this.
Like a way to monitor all trades and any trade where a mythic token is exchanged for nothing is a red flag and needs to be investigated (Most of the time it'd just be a friend helping a friend but if they end up having 125 mythic tokens you caught them! Both the dummy account and the main account hopefully!) Or any account that is using a game time code and is less then a week old and is given 50 million gold in exchange for nothing is a red flag.

Why don't they just make it so any account that doesn't have a credit card on file is unable to hold tokens until they are 181 days (Over 6 months) old? Yeah it might effect a small percentage of the player base but it would go far in preventing dupers? Cause right now banning a dummy account means nothing. They just make another. If they actually had to pay for 6 months and wait 6 months it would slow down the dupes and once caught unable to do any more harm. Unless of course they have dozens of 6 month dummy accounts. But hey that's more $$$ for EA if they gotta stock pile 6 month old accounts as they wait for a dupe to appear.

What's also stupid is there is no way for a legitimate house owner to get rid of the trash. Why don't they add a system in the game that lets a house owner trigger a public vote to remove a vendor before its 7 day/1 month contract expires? Have it require like 10 votes from different accounts and if it reaches that goal it gets shoved in the storage crate with the 7 day claim timer. And a message can be sent to the UO devs alerting them. Then a GM can place a tracker on the questionable goods and see where they go if the account comes to claim them and move them? If they don't just flat out delete it all? It wouldn't be that hard to monitor a few "This vendor was flagged by the community come check it out and investigate their account." calls would it??? And if the house owner logs on and never sets the vendor for this public vote after their customers complain it's a shadey vendor...then red flag on the house owner and investigate them for allowing such vendors!

Or why even rely on the house owner? Have it so if 20 random accounts flag a vendor it gets removed.

Theres gotta be some sort of solution. I really can't wrap my head around why the vendors are allowed to stay up and sell this stuff.

Sorry for the long post I just get frustrated and upset.

This kind of stuff makes me not want to play anymore.

The next time a Greater Dragon is killing an EM or Event boss monster on some random shard far away from the popular ones I am gonna be sitting there wondering if this tamer was created with those duped mythic tokens? Heh. Cause now is the perfect time to create one on every shard for super cheap. Get ready for even more Greater Dragons everywhere! Easy mode activated!

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 25, 2010
At $14.22 you're still keeping up with inflation, and even better if you factor in euro or GBP exchange rates. Be happy just for that, when the game is so old that anything less would have already gone by the wayside. Yes, we have no big expansions like in the past, but with the fraction of players left compared to peak days, it's amazing our subscriptions can afford to pay any staff at all.

UO is not a big revenue generator for EA, you realize, so if you think buying UO codes somehow lines Riccitiello's pockets like other things, you are incorrect. What you call "profiteering" is keeping the game alive, and it is not "at the expense" of anyone except willing customers. You can still play the game just fine without any of the codes. However, there are enough of us who pay extra now and then, which supplements dwindling subscription revenue, while the alternative of minimal fees and no store would mean no game at all. For the same reason, ads in newspapers and magazines keep such publications afloat, not just affordable to the masses.

Finally, I never said the developers would talk to a suspected duper. "Digital trail," you know.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
Maybe they just want to catch the guy and talk to him to find out how he's doing it because unless he tells them they may never know.
That part was in response to this Zog not you.

Instead of taking down names of people buying why in the hell don't you take down the names of the people SELLING. Seems to me the people buying are the ones garunteed to NOT be duping because if you can make it for free why buy it? Wouldn't all the anger, vitreol, and name taking be better directed at the people SELLING/DUPING the tokens as well as EA who is responsible for the problem in the first place? After years and years of this crap its gotten rediculous.

Stranger your idea seem needlessly complicated. If the system flags items as dupes the moment they are created why couldn't it be set up so the character is instantly transported to the jail?

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 7, 2008
Ok I'm going surfing, my list will grow.. Two vets ( that I've always respected)and a rares dealer are now on it, and the three combined have me so sick to my stomach that I need to get away.. A dunk in the ocean is what I need.. Off I go

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
... We would also like to recommend you do not purchase Mythic or Advanced character tokens from anyone in game out of of game at this time. Purchasing from the Origin store is acceptable.
Here's a thought. Why don't you take all of the tokens out of vendor stores? Asking us to pretty please not buy items sitting in front of us MIGHT work... but it probably won't.

I personally can't tell a duped item from a non-duped item. If you don't want me to buy them, then fix the method that people use to dupe items. I've been playing the game for about 4 weeks (returned after 10 years absence) and I have already found two guides in how to dupe items on UO.

Fix the issue or just accept that it's going to happen (and it's going to cut into your profits).

Also... I bought one of them for 1m last night. I used it right away. Does this mean that my account is going to be banned for being a noob?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 12, 2005
Awards
Atlantic born and raised
Also... I bought one of them for 1m last night. I used it right away. Does this mean that my account is going to be banned for being a noob?
I find myself in that same deal. I bought one for 79 off a vendor after watching the market for a week. Figured prices would never come off of that range. The next day someone was spamming in gen chat for 60, snagged it to resell, figured he/she was just wanting quick gold. Couple of days later they were at 50. Then dupe story on the tokens came to life.... so both of those could have been duped ones. Still have the one I bought for 50 sitting in a box, figure I will log on one day and it will be gone tho.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 19, 2009
Sadly UO is now past the point of no return. EA/Mythic can't ban anyone who cheats/dupes/scripts because everyone and their brother does it. I mean really how sad is it when players can run around with names such as Scripty or Sir Scriptor?

EA had a chance to fix it with "Cal's special spread sheet of cheaters" and they did nothing about it. Now it is out of control and the only way to fix it is to ban everyone who plays UO.

Reactions: Kylie Kinslayer

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 9, 2009
Yew Gate on LS, Atl, Chessy, &amp; GL likely in a
Well Obviously the Devs think they're duped, I mean, $3200.00+ worth of tokens (160) obviously there are WAY more now.... they might have noticed no money coming in from the tokens that are already in-game.

I find it interesting that these stories always originate from "I found this bag of 80+ of the same item from an IDOC!" G-T-F-O-H..., though possible, extremely unlikely.
Especially when it comes to tokens that cost irl $$$ to obtain.

Hopefully, the person responsible is found and the dupe is fixed.

Reactions: Winker

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 29, 2008
Stranger your idea seem needlessly complicated. If the system flags items as dupes the moment they are created why couldn't it be set up so the character is instantly transported to the jail?
That's because they don't do simple logical solutions. They gotta make everything as hard to do as possible. Haven't you seen the account management system? :p

If the system flags items as dupes the moment they are created why couldn't it be set up so the character is instantly transported to the jail?
The system doesn't flag the items as dupes. Or if it does, they don't have any system in place to alert them to it. (You think they would...it's a no brainer.) Someone said if you use the token then cancel it, it creates a new token and there is no way to tell that it was duped. The question is why are they allowed to get that far? Like you said as soon as it's duped even once it should sound an alarm and they should be banned. Throwing them in jail won't do any good they'd just use help stuck to get out. Think about it. This is UO. It's funny if you think about it. *sigh*

Doing anything to their character won't do anything. They'd just use another character. Or delete the character and create a new one. Or use one of their other 500 dummy accounts. In-game methods won't do anything. They need to go after them out of game and ban credit cards(stolen), names(faked), phone numbers(faked), emails(faked), ips(faked), computer information(faked), etc. (Not Possible) Figure out how to link trial accounts or game codes to a main account. Like in order to get one you need to be recommended from a main account holder. And if the account gets in trouble both accounts get banned. The only thing they can do in-game to really hurt them is to delete all their items and rares and characters and stuff they've spent years collecting. That will get them to go away. (Or not...they'll just dupe something else and buy it all back. I mean how hard is it to re-build if you have a stockpile of duped 5.0 SoTs hidden somewhere? Along with these tokens?)

Why don't they just make it so your account can only hold 1 mythic token at a time? Doesn't matter if its in your backpack, bank, house, or vendor. Only 1 at a time.

Or how about make it so you have to type the mythic token code in the prompt in order to use it instead of clicking a tangible object that can be duped? Think of it like a MiB bottle. You open it up and get a code. Then you enter the code in the prompt. Then it goes through the code-checking system to see if that code has already been claimed.
I guess the problem with that is people would sell duped ones? Which comes back to IF THERE IS MULTIPLES OF SOMETHING WHY DOESN'T AN ALARM GO OFF? It should run a check of certain items every maintenance and if multiple items have the same code delete them. Any vendor that had them stocked also gets deleted and all items/gold on that vendor deleted and the account suspended and their characters, houses, banks, boats, etc all checked for duping. Making it so you can't re-sell tokens in fear of having your vendor poof and account suspended. But you can still safely sell tokens you buy from the store.

Or make the store bought items only able to be placed and sold on a vendor once (or traded once) then it changes color and is bound to the account that purchased it. This way if it gets duped for mass-reselling you can track who originally bought it. Or if it is duped after being bought/traded they would all be account bound item dupes and couldn't be sold to the general public to mess up the economy.
I MEAN COME ON THERE ARE SOLUTIONS TO THIS PROBLEM!

Reactions: legendsguy

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
lol I was unaware that you can help stuck out of jail... that's just... wow, par for the course I guess.

Reactions: Uriah Heep

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Couldn't they just delete every Mythic token in the game then pass out 1 per account the next day?
Who can really say they bought more than one at a time for real money?
I also agree if you go this route have enough sense to at least make it so trial accounts can no longer even hold tokens.

Leonidas

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Nov 5, 2012
Really verities, simple math shows them as duped bud. I can teach a monkey to count.

25.00 at .20 a mil

Do the math and tell me that 10 mil is anywhere in the ballpark!!!

There are nearly 200 mythic tokens on those two vendors alone, if you can't figure out something's not right then you need help.

Again, I give no quarter on this issue, I'm compiling a list of buyers. I will never deal with these people in game, and I will make sure it spreads through my network of friends.

Mind sharing that list Lew? I would love to not contribute to the people to the people who take advantage.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 14, 2008
Nth NSW Australia
stratics.com
I purchased 2 mythic tokens before reading about them on here for 40mil each which i figured was a legit sale, especially as I was under the impression that dupes couldn't be put on vendors any more. I am gonna be pissed if I lose my $$ due to this. What I find even more annoying is now when I look there is a vendor on atlantic selling vast quantities of them for 9.99 mil I couldn't count how many there were on the vendor, suffice it say I think it was hundreds.

I didn't consider 40 mil unduly cheap, although I hadn't ever bought one in game before, there were only 2 on the vendor I purchased off so I picked them both up. Seeing the gold spammer continually spamming buy gold for .69 cents per mil in chat, another illegal function I might add, I figured it was probably a close to value trade, Although I have never bought gold either so no idea on that.

All I know is we should be protected from crap like this and I for one have had enough of it. I can see already that it looks like i will be penalized due to the actions of others. Tired Tired Tired.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 14, 2008
Nth NSW Australia
stratics.com
I am sorry, if they know about these vendors, why are the devs not in game immediately and deleting the vendor, stock, gold and all? Why allow other players to purchase these still? They can look at the id of the player who owns the vendors and delete their accounts at the same time.

Not everyone reads stratics, talk about setting up your players for a known issue. The ones penalised will again be the purchasers not the sellers.

This is what it currently says on MY patch screen:

What they fail to say is their suggestion of going thru IN game vendors for all your UO needs should now read 'don't purchase stuff off vendors'

Where is the duty of care towards their player base. NOT everyone reads stratics, where is the warning???

Last edited:

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 29, 2008
I purchased 2 mythic tokens before reading about them on here for 40mil each which i figured was a legit sale, especially as I was under the impression that dupes couldn't be put on vendors any more. I am gonna be pissed if I lose my $$ due to this. What I find even more annoying is now when I look there is a vendor on atlantic selling vast quantities of them for 9.99 mil I couldn't count how many there were on the vendor, suffice it say I think it was hundreds.

I didn't consider 40 mil unduly cheap, although I hadn't ever bought one in game before, there were only 2 on the vendor I purchased off so I picked them both up. Seeing the gold spammer continually spamming buy gold for .69 cents per mil in chat, another illegal function I might add, I figured it was probably a close to value trade, Although I have never bought gold either so no idea on that.

All I know is we should be protected from crap like this and I for one have had enough of it. I can see already that it looks like i will be penalized due to the actions of others. Tired Tired Tired.
I am sorry, if they know about these vendors, why are the devs not in game immediately and deleting the vendor, stock, gold and all? Why allow other players to purchase these still? They can look at the id of the player who owns the vendors and delete their accounts at the same time.

Not everyone reads stratics, talk about setting up your players for a known issue. The ones penalised will again be the purchasers not the sellers.

This is what it currently says on MY patch screen:

What they fail to say is their suggestion of going thru IN game vendors for all your UO needs should now read 'don't purchase stuff off vendors'

Where is the duty of care towards their player base. NOT everyone reads stratics, where is the warning???
........................,,-~*~,,
......................./:.:.:.:.:.|
......................|;.;.;.;.;./
......................|.;.;.;.;.|
............._,,,,,_.).;.;.;.;.|
.........,,-":.:.:.:."~-,;.;.;.|
........(_,,,,---,,_:.:.);.;.;..",,
......,-":.:.:.:.:.""-,,/;.;.;.;.;.",
.....(;.__,,,,,,,,,___);.;.;.;.;.;|
...../"":.:.:.:.:.:.:¯""\;.;.;.;.;.,"
....\",__,,,,,,,,,,,__/;;;;;;;;;/\
.....\.::.:.:.:.:.:.:.;.);;;;;;;;;/:\
.......\,,,,,---~~~~;;;;;;;;,"::::\
.........."""~~--,,,,,,,,,,-"::::::::::\
...................\::::::::::::::::::::::\
Great questions. Every should copy and paste them until we get answers.

If they know about these vendors, why are the devs not in game immediately and deleting the vendor, stock, gold and all?
Why allow other players to purchase these still?
Where is the duty of care towards their player base?
Where is the warning???

I want answers!

You can't possibly be letting them sell illegal tokens, then be letting them claim the gold, then be letting them buy stuff off other vendors, then be letting them giving those items to their main account/friends/whatever, right? RIGHT??? The accounts are banned already right??? (Why are the vendors still there???)

You really think people aren't gonna buy $25.00 tokens for $2.00 (If the $0.25 gold per million rate is accurate.) because you said so on a uo.com post which not everyone reads???
Remove the vendors!
Remove the vendors!
Remove the vendors!
Should of removed them over 24 hours ago!!!
This is disgusting.
Should not allow any mythic tokens to be placed, bought, or sold on vendors at the moment!!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Some posts have been removed - again.
I will ask you to be respectful in what you post and refrain from uniformed guesswork.
Unless you are gifted with psychic powers none of you know the full extent of what EA has done about this problem. It is not their normal policy to 'name and shame' nor to publish details of what action has been taken against whom.

Bear in mind that we have been told before that when an exploit is discovered they are unable to notify anyone until a fix is in place, for to do so would allow the perpetrators to take evasive action.

Last edited:

Adam

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
UK
Excuse me, you deleted my post regarding losing Mythic tokens I had purchased in-game from a vendor. The tokens are gone and so is the 210~ million gold they cost me to purchase. We want answers.

These were purchased legitimately as per Publish Note 81.2.0. Will you be replacing these or providing full in-game refunds?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
no, I just remove posts that are in clear breach of the rules of conduct. Stop attacking people, including the developers, stop making guesses about what they have or haven't done and await information, which I'm sure will be forthcoming when their working day starts. Current time at Mythic is 8.00am.

Last edited:

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 7, 2008
Excuse me, you deleted my post regarding losing Mythic tokens I had purchased in-game from a vendor. The tokens are gone and so is the 210~ million gold they cost me to purchase. We want answers.

These were purchased legitimately as per Publish Note 81.2.0. Will you be replacing these or providing full in-game refunds?
I'm sorry for your loss Adam, but you well know the adages, if something seems too good to be true it probably is, and buyer beware. If you did not, well you do now. As Petra stated, we will not know the full extent until they post, but until then I'm sure the mods here will be busy.

You all knew that those tokens priced at those prices and in those quantities were not legitimately purchased from the UO store. There were screams in general chat for the last two days about duped tokens, and people warning at the vendors, they posted the OP on the main website as well. So the updater did not warn you, and that's full justification for your now ranting ( pulls at tiny violin and begins to play).

Anyway if I were a betting man, I'd bet the tokens on those vendors were tagged somehow. I eagerly await their news release.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 7, 2008
Hahaha... tokens gone! I'll take the hit but I REALLY hope they figured out who already banked like fiends off this & club 'em to death w/ the ban stick. You know those guys were prob pulling gold off those vendors couple times a day just to sock away on their 'safe' account.
Taking the smack like a man, I like it Acid, kudos to you sir. I have to believe they were watching those vendors, and that the owner, real not the middle man account will get his or her just reward. I hope others can follow your position, but I think your probably in a small group.

Reactions: Acid Rain

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 19, 2009
There won't be a news release. If they deleted the tokens did they delete any characters made with the duped tokens? That would be the fair thing to do.

Adam

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
UK
I'm sorry for your loss Adam, but you well know the adages, if something seems too good to be true it probably is, and buyer beware. If you did not, well you do now. As Petra stated, we will not know the full extent until they post, but until then I'm sure the mods here will be busy.

You all knew that those tokens priced at those prices and in those quantities were not legitimately purchased from the UO store. There were screams in general chat for the last two days about duped tokens, and people warning at the vendors, they posted the OP on the main website as well. So the updater did not warn you, and that's full justification for your now ranting ( pulls at tiny violin and begins to play).

Anyway if I were a betting man, I'd bet the tokens on those vendors were tagged somehow. I eagerly await their news release.

These were bought in-game well before any news or warning had been posted anywhere. They were purchased from a Luna vendor for what at the time was the 'normal' rate, 70mil per token. I've been watching the posts here and have seen the prices plummet, tempted as I was I did not purchase these so called knock-offs and that was reaffirmed a couple of days ago as per the OP.

Tokens are bought and sold in-game every single day, I've even bought items from the Origin store in the past to vendor for in-game gold myself. How am I supposed to know what is duped and what isn't when at the time there was nothing to hint of a problem?

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 7, 2008
These were bought in-game well before any news or warning had been posted anywhere. They were purchased from a Luna vendor for what at the time was the 'normal' rate, 70mil per token. I've been watching the posts here and have seen the prices plummet, tempted as I was I did not purchase these so called knock-offs and that was reaffirmed a couple of days ago as per the OP.

Tokens are bought and sold in-game every single day, I've even bought items from the Origin store in the past to vendor for in-game gold myself. How am I supposed to know what is duped and what isn't when at the time there was nothing to hint of a problem?
I'm sure this is going to be the theme for the day...

Even at 70 mil the price is way below the conversion rate at .20 per mill and is suspect.

Again, sorry for your loss but I'm handing out no sympathy today,,

And you know what.. I'm going to support origin again today. I'm going to the store and I'm going to purchase a mythic token (assuming they're available), and since I'm maxed out on all of my characters, I guess I'll have to buy a handful of soulstones as well. I'm sure it will be over $100 when all is said and done. This will be my thank you to Mesanna and team for starting my Thursday with a smile and a semi-renewed faith in the direction of the team is heading.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 4, 2012
Anyone who believed the IDOC story should be slapped with a fish.
hahaha.

I saw the word ballsy used by an op and I concur wholeheartedly. the lack of action by the dev's is mindboggling here. so much so that plainly the lunatics are running the asylum now. think about it. a guy who puts 100 of these on a vendor for sale clearly doesn't have a care for any action that will be taken against them.

the worst part about this is faulty game mechanics lead to faulty rash decisions. reverts hurt everyone. imagine the honest player that has been farming slasher regularly to get a lavaliere (took me over 100 solo runs to get mine) only to have the dev's come in and do a revert. anyone would have a hard time swallowing this.

maybe a grass roots campaign to bonny is in order via email.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 2, 2008
LS

You sell your gold for real cash and see how that carries over to the game store items. If your confused at the gold to cash exchange rate, Just pick up one those books NOT bot dropped about. If you didn't use up those great deals right away and thought you would hold out to sell later, LOL. Just buy 100 from the store and toss on a vendor for 30 mil and see how that goes.

Reactions: Lord Lew

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 6, 2006
Idaho
www.honda208.com
No one sold out, they have deleted over 8k tokens, read the update. It made me smile but I am still curious.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Hopefully they did something to the people that made them and was able to do something to the people that used them (if nothing else, removed the skill points).

Honestly, knowing how they handle things and their previous claims of inability to track that stuff, I was mildly tempted to buy a bunch of tokens, use them and stone off the skills.

But, I didn't, because I am not that kind of player.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 14, 2008
Nth NSW Australia
stratics.com
OK so my tokens disappeared, even though I purchased in good faith, as per my patch screen, and the vendor I purchased them off is still standing. So AGAIN, it appears that we punish the purchaser and not the seller.

TYPICAL

The sad thing is the only reason I was looking for mythic tokens was I had finally convinced my partner to reopen his account after 5 flipping years, and we found a few of his chars were so bad it was easier to get a couple of advanced tokens to recreate stuff so he could get going immediately with a few new builds, rather than start from scratch. Now I am out 80 mil, have no tokens, and as my partner says, nothing has changed, still a totally mismanaged system where cheats win, and so he will now NOT be coming back, and his account will be closing, and most definitely it will be for good this time.

I guess I am also considering doing the same. How long is this kinda thing going to go on, when you cannot trust the game system and are forced to rely on reading this board every 2 minutes to know what is going on. If you miss it for a day or so like I did, because I was busy getting him set up again, you PAY for it.

Totally disgusted

Veritas et Sapientia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
OK so my tokens disappeared, even though I purchased in good faith, as per my patch screen, and the vendor I purchased them off is still standing. So AGAIN, it appears that we punish the purchaser and not the seller.

TYPICAL

The sad thing is the only reason I was looking for mythic tokens was I had finally convinced my partner to reopen his account after 5 flipping years, and we found a few of his chars were so bad it was easier to get a couple of advanced tokens to recreate stuff so he could get going immediately with a few new builds, rather than start from scratch. Now I am out 80 mil, have no tokens, and as my partner says, nothing has changed, still a totally mismanaged system where cheats win, and so he will now NOT be coming back, and his account will be closing, and most definitely it will be for good this time.

I guess I am also considering doing the same. How long is this kinda thing going to go on, when you cannot trust the game system and are forced to rely on reading this board every 2 minutes to know what is going on. If you miss it for a day or so like I did, because I was busy getting him set up again, you PAY for it.

Totally disgusted

You have every right to be disgusted.

First the Devs tell players items placed on vendors aren’t duped.

Then players get a warning on July 30 not to buy Mythic Tokens, and 2 days later they delete all tokens going back to June 20th. Why didn’t they send out a notice warning players not to buy on June 20th? Why did they wait until July 30?

Furthermore, as others have mentioned that cautionary warning should have been placed on the login screen as well as including a Message of the Day when logging into UO. Many players as you pointed out aren’t logging onto stratics or the UO Website to check if there is any news. If there is some emergency going on you should get a message upon login just like you do when the server is going down.

Let’s not forget they let one vendor stand for several days selling Mythic Tokens at 10M each when they knew full well those were illegal Mythic tokens.

Th response from the Dev Team about Mythic Tokens up until now is nothing more than a Red Herring which takes away the focus on what's really going which is wholesale duping . The Devs haven’t mentioned one word about the Slithers and god knows what else has been duped.

Two thumbs down on how this was handled.

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 8, 2012
You have every right to be disgusted.

First the Devs tell players items placed on vendors aren’t duped.

Then players get a warning on July 30 not to buy Mythic Tokens, and 2 days later they delete all tokens going back to June 20th. Why didn’t they send out a notice warning players not to buy on June 20th? Why did they wait until July 30?

Furthermore, as others have mentioned that cautionary warning should have been placed on the login screen as well as including a Message of the Day when logging into UO. Many players as you pointed out aren’t logging onto stratics or the UO Website to check if there is any news. If there is some emergency going on you should get a message upon login just like you do when the server is going down.

Let’s not forget they let one vendor stand for several days selling Mythic Tokens at 10M each when they knew full well those were illegal Mythic tokens.

Th response from the Dev Team about Mythic Tokens up until now is nothing more than a Red Herring which takes away the focus on what's really going which is wholesale duping . The Devs haven’t mentioned one word about the Slithers and god knows what else has been duped.

Two thumbs down on how this was handled.
I too am quite disgusted. I did an honest trade for 90 mil on my end for a few phoenix red dyes and a mythic token. The token came out to be about 65-70 mill since I only got 4 dyes worth about 5 mill each. I had no idea at the time this all was going on and now I'm SOL on 70 mill and my mythic token. This just may be the "straw that broke the camel's back" that has me close my accts. Great job DEV team.

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 25, 2010
The tokens were not created by duping. Thus, as I said, the anti-duping protection doesn't apply here.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 14, 2008
Nth NSW Australia
stratics.com
The tokens were not created by duping. Thus, as I said, the anti-duping protection doesn't apply here.
The INSTANT they knew tokens were being created, irrespective of how they were created, they should of been in game deleting the vendors/gold/tokens. They didn't. They let them stand for how many days???? And the only warning issued was on a website, not in game on the patch screen where it should have been in BIG F'N LETTERS.

IT WASN'T.

And as I said, the vendor I purchased my two tokens off, the only tokens on that vendor at the time, is still standing as of this morning. Probably with my 80mil on it. So what about them?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 25, 2010
The INSTANT they knew tokens were being created, irrespective of how they were created, they should of been in game deleting the vendors/gold/tokens. They didn't. They let them stand for how many days???? And the only warning issued was on a website, not in game on the patch screen where it should have been in BIG F'N LETTERS.

IT WASN'T.

And as I said, the vendor I purchased my two tokens off, the only tokens on that vendor at the time, is still standing as of this morning. Probably with my 80mil on it. So what about them?

I know. The slow response is more than extremely disappointing. You won't find me defending them on that, or on a lot of other things, if you recall some of my UHall posts. I've said that the patch screen should be used for warnings about certain game mechanics, e.g. lost vollems.

We don't know, though, exactly when they became aware. I myself hadn't heard a peep about mass tokens until this was reported on UHall a few days ago. The Devs can't comment on things like this except after it's all over, so who knows, perhaps that vendor's account has been locked. We can only hope they'll swing the war hammer of banning more than a few times.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
For all those people that bought Tokens for below market value why didn't you use them? Did you buy them for resell? I have played UO long enough to know that when an item is %50 off or better that it warrents a RED FLAG and what is strange is the fact that it appears that it is long playing players that have thier tokens deleted and are on here whinning about it. I question the fact that these so called players have really been playing as long as they say they have and the fact that when they knew abaout the problem that there was still time to use these tokens and did not. To me all this says is I bought something cheap and I am hoping that UO doesn't catch on so I can keep my goods and I can resell at a later date for more gold.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought my 3 tokens to take to another shard. I was in no rush because I didn't know they were from an exploit at 1st. When I found out they were from an exploit I was in no rush to become the user of an exploit. I put off using a shard shield token to see what UO/EA would do abt the mythic tokens. They deleted the 3 I had locked down on the floor. I had plenty of time to xshard them off and use them, I chose not to. I took the hit as I knew (not at the time of purchase but about 36hrs later) they weren't legal tokens... 150m flushed. I'm not happy abt it but I recognize the necessity. Life goes on....:cool:

As I said before, I just hope they beat to death w/ a ban stick those that raked in our money. Not just the trial accounts but the main accounts & safe accounts of these A-holes. If your arm gets tired from swingin' the ban stick Mesanna, PM me & I'll gladly supply Powerbars, Red Bull, and Energy Drinks for the entire staff :thumbup:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 12, 2005
Awards
Atlantic born and raised
As I said before, I just hope they beat to death w/ a ban stick those that raked in our money. Not just the trial accounts but the main accounts & safe accounts of these A-holes. If your arm gets tired from swingin' the ban stick Mesanna, PM me & I'll gladly supply Powerbars, Red Bull, and Energy Drinks for the entire staff :thumbup:
lol

I want in on that too!! Absolutely NO charge either.. matter of fact I will PAY to get in a few swings :D

Reactions: Skunk