• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish patch notes

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish Notes
2013 Jul 30 20:25 GMT
We have fixed the Merchants Trinket you should see the fix tomorrow July 31st. European shards will see this change tonight during your normal maintenance cycle on your shard. All existing trinkets will have their charges reset to max 5% to 90 and 10% to 40.

We would also like to recommend you do not purchase Mythic or Advanced character tokens from anyone in game out of of game at this time. Purchasing from the Origin store is acceptable.

Thanks everyone!

Continue reading...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Publish Notes
2013 Jul 30 20:25 GMT
We have fixed the Merchants Trinket you should see the fix tomorrow July 31st. European shards will see this change tonight during your normal maintenance cycle on your shard. All existing trinkets will have their charges reset to max 5% to 90 and 10% to 40.

We would also like to recommend you do not purchase Mythic or Advanced character tokens from anyone in game out of of game at this time. Purchasing from the Origin store is acceptable.

Thanks everyone!

Continue reading...
Um... so what happens to all the ones in game if we aren't supposed to by the tokens?

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya...I bought some the other day for 50m as thought I was getting a good deal...only to find out the next day they were 15m cheaper and were obtained in questionable ways....Hoping my 400m aint wasted.....

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was wondering why those tokens were all of a sudden for sale constantly, from an auction to constant Luna sales, constant. From 50 down to 30 mil, considering how much they cost from the store they are goin for cheap, isnt gold worth like 25 cents a million ?

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*wonders why the economy in this game is borked*

I got this one.

Gold is worth X $s per mil and the store sells ....... lets say tokens for $s. There are plenty of books laying around letting you know the current gold to $ exchange rate. So if the gold to $s are not adding up on a vendor. It is not because the vendor is hard up for cash to send their kids to school. They are trying to sell them off before the slow powers that be take action. Not like they have the brains to pick up one those books and set the dark side up for a burn. They have no way of telling what account the vendor belongs to or the means for a stealthy way to catch the other account that bankrolls the gold.

There should be no tears from those making a sweet purchase deal after things vannish or a shards revert happens. Take short cuts to out do the Jones's expect to be fleeced. And get cooties in a perfect world. UO's failing is Greedy dumb arses supported by lazy stupid arses. Want to support the game, then go make puchases from the store. Stop buying crap from a troll under the bridge that are in a race to get theirs before other trolls ruin the game.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't EVER buy anything I think may be duped. I don't even accept gifts if I think it may be duped, which has blown some folk's minds when they tried to gift me items out of gratitude for help or my kind gesture. One that comes to mind was when a certain Mr.____ tried to gift me a robe for helping him through the Abyss quest in which he got the rangers cloak. I told him thanks but no Sir... it seriously blew his mind I wouldn't accept a trade window for a 125-150m non-replica +resists robe.

However, I did grab 3 of the 'cheap' tokens before I was aware what was going on. I understand your 'no crocodile tears' for those intentionally purchasing the tokens Warpig, but I'd guess some of us made our purchases before anything was even mentioned on Stratics or anywhere else. While it wouldn't cripple me to lose 150m, I'm not so quick to say I and others deserve it.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After they told us duped items would not sell on vendors - people think these items are legit. I bought one on Siege and I am now fairly confident it was duped. So my loss if they delete them tomorrow.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait so...you wouldn't take a robe for free because there's a chance it would be duped? But you bought a token for 30-40% off its normal price..seeing a huge surge of tokens? And that didn't ring a bell..logical!

..Not trying to sound "dickish"

You think the dupers would use a bit more common sense when it came to selling duped items..slowly release them into the economy not all at once moron..you tipped off the powers that be... With that said not sure there would be an issue buying the duped token then using it..so yea don't buy the tokens and horde them..they are proofing soon!

Glad to see it is at least getting fixed promptly..keep up the stellar work!!

^serious note^
Since apparently I have to state when I'm not being sarcastic on this site..

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After they told us duped items would not sell on vendors - people think these items are legit. I bought one on Siege and I am now fairly confident it was duped. So my loss if they delete them tomorrow.

I tried to voice my concerns with this whole "dupe detection" thing that they sold us back when it happened

" Anyone involved in coding and selling us this nonsense care to comment? All evidence seems to point to a few things:

1) There is no consistency in what types of items will NOT go on vendors

2) There is strong evidence that commonly acknowledged items that have been duped are allowed on vendors (people who know that their 2 story statues, LT sashes, Orc Chief helms, etc were likely not original)

3) Items that people have actually looted themselves are being disallowed from vendors

Are you all really going to continue to let us think that this is some kind of "dupe" selling prevention? You have essentially made random items non sell-able on vendors. Unfortunately, you have a group of people who believe every word you type and now think either - their 2 story statues are real, or their race change token is duped.

Either make it work, or clarify whatever you have done, but please don't stand behind it as "your duped items can not be put on vendors". It's not fair, accurate or honest on your end to continue to do so."

(thread here http://community.stratics.com/threads/duped-items.298166/#post-2265356 )

Hopefully they won't be using the same logic to clean up whatever mess has happened here...

Last edited:

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unfortunately, the devs have made this game far to easy to exploit and do not bug test their new systems and just expect "us" to tell them something isn't right..

Last edited:

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Duping in UO is like PEDs in baseball...... Publicly everyone is against it, but privately 90% love it. Who here loved the home run race between Sosa and McGwire in 1998 while knowing in the back of their mind something wasn't right.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So where did all these tokens come from..hearing all kinds of rumors i.e. duped..P.O. EA employee etc
Seriously if they are going to delete them..it should have been done a lot earlier..now it
might be a mute point. This is really sad!!!!

Last edited:

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is talk on the Atlantic shard that there WILL be a revert....

Let me tell you this....

The last time they decided to do a revert... I lost over 500M....
If they decide to do a revert because of duping... I'm officially done and so is a lot of people it seems.

Duping CAN'T BE FIXED NOR STOPPED

I have a friend that use to be a GM. He told me even if they do fix duping, every time they do a patch, coding breaks. So it doesn't matter what they do, it can and will NEVER be fixed. The only thing that can be done is more patrol in-game and backtracking who is doing the duping, and ban their asses. I understood the last time they did a revert, they had no choice. But if they do a revert, when it is NOT needed... I'M DONE.

I have done the best thing that can be done at this point. I've accepted the fact that duping is a part of this game now and nothing can be done about it. About like scamming and hacking......

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That house shown via that website is now in decay
I wonder if I will be seeing him again.
If I do not, I think they should of burned it.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO's failing is Greedy dumb arses supported by lazy stupid arses. Want to support the game, then go make puchases from the store. Stop buying crap from a troll under the bridge that are in a race to get theirs before other trolls ruin the game.
Damn right!

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Im sorry im not upset with people paying gold for tokens, why shouldn't people be able to spend gold on these things?
I am also not sorry for people who buy items from the store and resell for gold because they don't have the time to farm in game.

This is called symbiosis, and it does work, I can actually point to EVE onlines PLEX as a working example.
This provides the means to allow players to access gold without having to invest time, while helping the parent company with money.

In the end it really does work, when the people in charge TAKE CARE OF THEIR GAME.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am constrained to point out what really should be obvious: "Talk" of something on any given shard, yes, even Atlantic, and yes, even Siege, and yes, even my home shard of Great Lakes, does not mean the thing being talked about actually will occur.

If something does occur it doesn't mean that the talk about it happening was correct.

It just means that when you **** on the wall enough times, some of the **** sticks.

-Galen's player

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
LMFAO....

Sad thing is that is just one person out of the what.. 30-100 folks who took advantage of the duping process. Kinda puts some perspective on it I reckon.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would suggest that the house owner evict those vendors asap
Please keep names and speculation off the board, likewise unhelpful denigration of developers
Thank you.

Some posts have been removed.

Last edited:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sorry im not upset with people paying gold for tokens, why shouldn't people be able to spend gold on these things?
I am also not sorry for people who buy items from the store and resell for gold because they don't have the time to farm in game.

This is called symbiosis, and it does work, I can actually point to EVE onlines PLEX as a working example.
This provides the means to allow players to access gold without having to invest time, while helping the parent company with money.

In the end it really does work, when the people in charge TAKE CARE OF THEIR GAME.
Smally fish math bait. $0.25 for million gold. $25.00 for item from store. Dollar = 4 million gold. $25 item should be 100 million gold and not 10,20 or 30. Unless it took no effort to get the token. Then 10,20 or 30 is pure profit once some lazy stupid arse pays cash for gold. Seems there are plenty of LSAs in the game to keep theese gold sites going. If still having math issues just pick up any book at a gate or Luna for the current gold exchange rate.

Last edited:

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cazador - Yes, I wouldn't take a robe for free because I figured it was duped. Yes, I bought some tokens at 30% off. I saw them on a vendor while poking around Luna. Isn't it logical to refuse something for free when your pretty sure its duped yet spend ur gold on something you think is a good deal?

I never saw any 'huge surge in tokens' as you said (until much later). I was never searching for mythic tokens. I saw some cheap and bought em. It wasn't until 36-48hrs later that I was clued in.

Your not sounding "dickish", just confused. Also, great advice to the dupers for next time and nice job calling the guy that blew open the problem a moron for having "tipped off the powers that be". Thanks for the advice on using the tokens before they're wiped. About my 1st sentence this paragraph... I take that back, you do sound exactly like you said.

Alexander of Atlantic - Bank Robbing CANT BE FIXED NOR STOPPED. Someone somewhere will always be able to rob a bank so why even bother trying to stop them. Ive done the best thing I can, Ive accepted that larceny, fraud, theft, and other crimes are committed and there's nothing I can do about it. If someone tries to do something about it I'M DONE.

PS. When u go, can I have ur stuff?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never saw any 'huge surge in tokens' as you said (until much later). I was never searching for mythic tokens. I saw some cheap and bought em. It wasn't until 36-48hrs later that I was clued in.

Same for me. I paid a bit more than 10m for mine (what there are selling for now). My thinking was I would transfer them to other shards I play to get some characters going.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd prefer they learn work harder on removing the stuff and really banning the ones doing it. Not just banning them and letting the house fall so that crap is unloaded onto the community at large... not just banning the one account... see if they are linked ..... ban them all...

Sadly though most that do it open a new account use gametime cards so they can't ban by CC... however I'm sure if they really wanted they could find out "who" paid for the gametime card used and actually ban them from the origin store.. that'd be a start. But maybe that's just me thinking too hard.

However that's not stopping them from using some other card or something but I'm sure if they really wanted they could monitor things better. Just saying though it would likely take an army of sleuths to put a dent in what's been going on in UO for over a decade.

And if I were going to get down to real cold hard truths... then you know if there weren't a demand there wouldn't be a market... etc... and if there weren't people who've already made billions in gold mucking up the economy in UO people wouldn't be able to afford such things in bulk adding to the demand... but again over thinking things.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the tokens on Atlantic are still selling like hotcakes in the vendor. Was 100+ this morning, now down to just over 50.

I thought the dev's were going to delete them?!

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd prefer they learn work harder on removing the stuff and really banning the ones doing it. Not just banning them and letting the house fall so that crap is unloaded onto the community at large... not just banning the one account... see if they are linked ..... ban them all...

Sadly though most that do it open a new account use gametime cards so they can't ban by CC... however I'm sure if they really wanted they could find out "who" paid for the gametime card used and actually ban them from the origin store.. that'd be a start. But maybe that's just me thinking too hard.

However that's not stopping them from using some other card or something but I'm sure if they really wanted they could monitor things better. Just saying though it would likely take an army of sleuths to put a dent in what's been going on in UO for over a decade.

And if I were going to get down to real cold hard truths... then you know if there weren't a demand there wouldn't be a market... etc... and if there weren't people who've already made billions in gold mucking up the economy in UO people wouldn't be able to afford such things in bulk adding to the demand... but again over thinking things.
Hard to ban someone when there using trial accounts from different IPS...... Just get rid of trial accounts/character xfers and there will be no more duping!

xCatax

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hard to ban someone when there using trial accounts from different IPS...... Just get rid of trial accounts/character xfers and there will be no more duping!
There are dupers because people likes duped items and this is not gonna change . would you care ur sheep if they jump the wall in the night to be hunted by wolves ?
HEY MAN PROBLEM IS NOT THE DUPERS ¡

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Can't have to do with xfers this time as it did hit Siege too.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Let me tell you this....

The last time they decided to do a revert... I lost over 500M....
If they decide to do a revert because of duping... I'm officially done and so is a lot of people it seems.

Duping CAN'T BE FIXED NOR STOPPED

I have a friend that use to be a GM. He told me even if they do fix duping, every time they do a patch, coding breaks. So it doesn't matter what they do, it can and will NEVER be fixed. The only thing that can be done is more patrol in-game and backtracking who is doing the duping, and ban their asses. I understood the last time they did a revert, they had no choice. But if they do a revert, when it is NOT needed... I'M DONE.

I have done the best thing that can be done at this point. I've accepted the fact that duping is a part of this game now and nothing can be done about it. About like scamming and hacking......
Why would Atlantic be reverted? Dont believe everything you hear

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the vendor in Luna (Atlantic) has been re-stocked back to 100+ tokens in the last hour. All at just under 10m each!

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do something about the slithers too
If you're talkin about the Slithers that came from LS, they're not duped. Some came from medusa, others came from various events.

I still have about 17 Slithers left I'm not using... yet... many more Venoms & Floor tiles :( I still need about 105 more Medusa Statues though...
all teh drops.jpg
So that I can finish lining the rest of the castles 3rd & 4th top floors.

And no I'm not selling Slithers, although I may accept certain trades.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm watching the same guy run up and buy these duped tokens and then run back to his house over and over again. He is a vendor house owner three spots away and I know he knows they are dupes. This in essence is the majority of the problem, guy knows they are duped, but his GREED wins and he buys them. Just so he can resell them when the dupe is fixed at huge profit. Makes me sick to my stomach, but I guess that's just how some roll.

Veritas et Sapientia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm watching the same guy run up and buy these duped tokens and then run back to his house over and over again. He is a vendor house owner three spots away and I know he knows they are dupes. This in essence is the majority of the problem, guy knows they are duped, but his GREED wins and he buys them. Just so he can resell them when the dupe is fixed at huge profit. Makes me sick to my stomach, but I guess that's just how some roll.

That vendor shouldn't even be standing...that's the problem.

Lots of players don't read stratics and items said to be duped are officially "not allowed on vendors" so how can you blame players for buying what they may believe to be legitimate items.

Seeing as how nothing has been done with that vendor I'm half tempted to go buy those tokens myself and resell them in a year's time.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can blame him, he knows they are duped, he is a merchant in game, he knows the real price of mythics. Ignorance is no excuse, not in a court of law, and certainly not here. If its to good to be true... Well you know the saying, I'm not giving anyone a pass on this one. Sorry

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't revert any shards. If the tokens can be reliably tracked, then they should be deleted outright, and without warning. A warning would push people to use them ASAP.

In real life, if you buy a nice TV for $100 from the back of a truck, "all new in original packaging," you're out of luck and the $100 if the police find you and confiscate it as evidence, and you'd be lucky not to be charged with receiving stolen property.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been warning of buggy code ontop of buggy code for a while.

There are unfixed bugs that go back for years

I hate to say I told you so

Last edited:

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh his greed is bad but EA's greed selling them for for so much cash in the first place is ok. Oh poor EA is missing out on so much income! Well if they didn't rush to put out such a bug infested untested product things like this wouldn't happen as much as they do.

One would think someone from EA would have logged in on their most populated North American server at some point in the past week. If all of Atlantic general chat knew something was going on why did it seem to take until a post was made on stratics for them to take notice and make a statement pleading with people to give only them cash?

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Origin sells them, it generates monies to keep staff and product, case closed..

Please think a little about your arguments before you post people. Making a case for this type of activity and citing a company's need to generate profit is ridiculous!!

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silly me, I thought that's what our not insubstantial (considering the age of the game and level of service we get) subscription fees were for.

Veritas et Sapientia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
In real life, if you buy a nice TV for $100 from the back of a truck, "all new in original packaging," you're out of luck and the $100 if the police find you and confiscate it as evidence, and you'd be lucky not to be charged with receiving stolen property.

Not when you have a city ordinance stating any merchandise sold out of the back of a truck will not be considered stolen which is essentially what we have when players have been told "duped items will no longer go on vendors."

As others have pointed out the lack of communication and withholding information from the playerbase exactly on how the "duped items will no longer go on vendors" process works is problematic.

The Dev Team has painted itself into a corner. They do not have the high ground being they haven't communicated to the playerbase what is going on.

In a court of law...they would lose.

Last edited:

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really verities, simple math shows them as duped bud. I can teach a monkey to count.

25.00 at .20 a mil

Do the math and tell me that 10 mil is anywhere in the ballpark!!!

There are nearly 200 mythic tokens on those two vendors alone, if you can't figure out something's not right then you need help.

Again, I give no quarter on this issue, I'm compiling a list of buyers. I will never deal with these people in game, and I will make sure it spreads through my network of friends.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Again, I give no quarter on this issue, I'm compiling a list of buyers. I will never deal with these people in game, and I will make sure it spreads through my network of friends.
I know of a few folks doing something like this.... and those who are buying them up will eventually lose out anyway.

Call me an eternal optimist but I doubt that is just idle chit chat.... they are probably trying to determine which ones are bought and paid for from the website and which are not. Then the wipe happens.

Veritas et Sapientia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Really verities, simple math shows them as duped bud. I can teach a monkey to count.

25.00 at .20 a mil

Do the math and tell me that 10 mil is anywhere in the ballpark!!!

There are nearly 200 mythic tokens on those two vendors alone, if you can't figure out something's not right then you need help.

Explain to me how is it right that the vendor is still standing? How how about mitigating damages and removing the vendor?

Explain to me why there is no mention of the slithers in the Publish Notes? We have a screenshot of a backpack of 125 Slithers yet there is no mention of don't buy Slithers in the Publish Notes.

I'm willing to bet This guy or these guys duped all sorts of items and probably have them stockpiled on umpteen accounts before going public and being so brazen about it.

I've recently purchased an hard to find item on a vendor which was immediately restocked and now I'm thinking the item in question I bought was actually a dupe. There are multiples of these items stocked.

This may be the biggest wholesale dupe in the history of UO.

The silence by the Devs is deafening.

Let's also remember this is the same Dev Team that turned their head to the huge amount of dupes they themselves created via the Atlantic Revert.

Like I said they don't have the moral high ground and that's just reinforced by allowing this vendor to stand.

Maybe they just want to catch the guy and talk to him to find out how he's doing it because unless he tells them they may never know.