• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 97 Comes to TC1

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What about Samurais? Anyone with 90 Bushido can command Lesser Hiryu. So, does this mean my Samurai can command a 5 slot lesser hiryu?
With a little adjustments in the build a sampire can have 2 skeletal dragons in tow.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No. (at least my fully trained GD could not be)
5 slot pets cannot be trained further...but Kyronix said that some GD's will spawn as 4-slot pets and can be trained like any other pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All my pets are not high rated. So, starting over is not a big deal, except my Cu's. Will I have to start with a fresh one?? I'm human so I cant tame them :(

G Dragons: Will the ones I have improve or do I need to get new ones?

How will we know the old pets from the new pets if they are on a pet vendor? That will be an issue.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
All my pets are not high rated. So, starting over is not a big deal, except my Cu's. Will I have to start with a fresh one?? I'm human so I cant tame them :(

G Dragons: Will the ones I have improve or do I need to get new ones?

How will we know the old pets from the new pets if they are on a pet vendor? That will be an issue.
If your Cu's are 5-slot they can't be improved and you will have to get new ones.

G-Dragons the same...like I said, Kyronix said some will turn into 4-slots and can be trained...all you can do is char copy your tamer to Test and see. Both of my turtles and the one GD I have are all 5-slots and could not be improved further, my rune beetle was able to be trained from a 4 slot to a 5.

Not sure about distinguishing old from new on vendors though, good question!

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone know about vollems? I am patching now, seems that I was a bit behind. Guess that happens when you dont log in for a few months

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The pets we have are fine! I asked Kyronix a ton of questions. My cus all can be ridden and trained. As for Greater Dragons. If you have an awesome one now it will be at the top of pets still. Their goal is to have the best GD still be the best pet. I'm not sure how that will work but that is the plan he said. My 535 HP turtle cant be improved, so a trainable dragon will start with really low stats.

He is not sure if we will be able to mount 5 slot mountable pets. That is up to Bleak.

No pet accessories are coming yet.

He said they will be available to answer questions on TC while the publish is there. :thumbup:

Lots of pets will go to 5 slots now. Just lore your pet to see what it can go to.

If you have a really good pet, it may gain a slot with the publish.

Someone said their imp has over 600hp now.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how do these changes effect the amount of taming you need for max control of certain pets? for instance, you can max control a cu sidhe at 112 taming 102 lore. is that still the case no matter if its a bad one or a good one?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how do these changes effect the amount of taming you need for max control of certain pets? for instance, you can max control a cu sidhe at 112 taming 102 lore. is that still the case no matter if its a bad one or a good one?
Good ones will still be better. Rumor is that you can feed power scrolls to pets. 120 magery scrolls will be $$$$$

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok checked my vollem is level 2, when I lore it says 3=>5 on the last page of the lore gump. I am assuming that this means my vollem can go to 5. I am so going to test this out once I get some time. Also the reptalon says it can go to 5. Maybe he will become a nice pet. A good question would be

Once started is there a way to lock the stats so it doesnt hit level 5 so I could still ride it?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What I would like know is can I train my purple rabbit to a 5 slot pet
If not why ?

Not like this game has any since of true a Medevil ulitmia lore any more

Samurais, elfs, and now dinosaurs

What's next pandas as a player race (sorry wow)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Important info about slots.

pet gump.png

Before you train a pet look at the pet slots. Right now this nightmare is 2 slots. But, if I begin training it will jump to 3 slots. So, you cant have 2 nightmares like this at once.

I have some greater hiryus that are 4 slots right now but if I start training them, they would change to 3 slots. So I could take the hiryu and nightmare out together.

So, this slot change or no change may affect your pet. Especially if its an accessory pet.

Vollums start at 3 slots and can go to 5.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
He is not sure if we will be able to mount 5 slot mountable pets. That is up to Bleak.
Allowing a 5 slot pet to be mounted is a really bad idea. That is going to cause huge imbalances in pvp. Riding Swipe tamer with a 5 slot pet? Not good.

I'm pretty sure Bleak doesn't want to go through the same headache as the last publish trying to balance everything out because they allowed 5 slot pets to be mounted.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I talked to Kyronix on test. They are aware of certian Non-tamer pets. So something is probable going to be done about Non-Tamer pets like Vollems and Lesser Hiryu's. Or the issue that people control them.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They need to make a way to set a pet to "vanity mode." Drops the pet to 1 slot and sets the taming requirement to 0 so anyone can own it. If it was a "combat" pet, its stats become those of a 16th Anny pony. Setting a pet to vanity mode would be permanent.

This would add RP opportunities while not affecting balance.

@Kyronix

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • New Tameable Creatures
      • Shadow Wyrm
      • Phoenix
      • Dragon Wolf
      • Dimetrosaur
      • Gallusaurus
      • Saurosurus
      • Serpentine Dragon
      • Najasaurus
      • Dread Spider
      • Tsuki Wolf
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
What's a Dragon Wolf?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If your Cu's are 5-slot they can't be improved and you will have to get new ones.

G-Dragons the same...like I said, Kyronix said some will turn into 4-slots and can be trained...all you can do is char copy your tamer to Test and see. Both of my turtles and the one GD I have are all 5-slots and could not be improved further, my rune beetle was able to be trained from a 4 slot to a 5.

Not sure about distinguishing old from new on vendors though, good question!
I thought this pup only affected new tamed pets? Are you saying that I can train my current 4 slot Cus into 5 slot Cus? Are you also saying I could pull out a pet from my stable and find out that its control stots could be changed?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Allowing a 5 slot pet to be mounted is a really bad idea. That is going to cause huge imbalances in pvp. Riding Swipe tamer with a 5 slot pet? Not good.

I'm pretty sure Bleak doesn't want to go through the same headache as the last publish trying to balance everything out because they allowed 5 slot pets to be mounted.
So what is the difference between a Human/Elf Mounted on a % slot pet and a Garg flying controlling that same 5 slot pet. The Human/Elf would have to dismount to use the pet where the Garg is free to move at mounted speed and control any 5 slot pet.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah, that will be an issue I fear.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So what is the difference between a Human/Elf Mounted on a % slot pet and a Garg flying controlling that same 5 slot pet. The Human/Elf would have to dismount to use the pet where the Garg is free to move at mounted speed and control any 5 slot pet.
That is a perk of being a gargoyle. Why take that away from them? Gargoyles are already unpopular.

Also the gargoyle may be able to fly, but the GD is still not going to move at the same speed as a mounted player running at full speed. They are still limited in mobility because of this. Many times the garg has to wait for the GD to catch up to them.

Compare that to a tamer on a mounted pet. They can chase you down at full speed and dismount you with riding swipe. And the pet won't be several screens away, it will be right next to you.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
If anyone finds where Dragon Wolfs spawn, or even better, if anyone can send me screenshots of some Animal Lore screens for it, I'd be most appreciative. Same for the Frost Mite, Triceratops, and Lion. :)

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought this pup only affected new tamed pets? Are you saying that I can train my current 4 slot Cus into 5 slot Cus?
Yes you can train existing pets (unless they already have 5 slots)

Are you also saying I could pull out a pet from my stable and find out that its control stots could be changed?
No, the control slots of old pets won't change automatically. The control slots will change only if you actively choose to start training them.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Why do I feel as if this will reincarnate those lovely swoop graveyards that have been missing for a while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish the dude would get off the pet bond gate... :/

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I would like know is can I train my purple rabbit to a 5 slot pet
If not why ?
Nope. From what I can tell anything 1 slot not maxxes at 3 slots, and everything 2 and up maxxes at 5. Haven't been checking everything, but that's what I've seen. Bout to go run around a bit, see what's what.

We need pet level up boosts if we are going to really test it though. I ran around killing stuff, and ended up camping demons for about an hour and didn't get past 1% on a 2 slot (tsuki wolf) pet. So, yeah not gonna spend a week monster hunting to test one level up.

Pets that don't match the 1-3 2-5 I've run into:

Imp, Lowland Boura: 2-3
Gator (I like this one!) Bull, Lava Lizard, Frost Spider, Slith: 1-4
Small Hellcat, bunnies, slimes, small rats, sheep, birds (excluding eagles, including turkeys :/): 1-2 :(

Gorilla 1-3. Was this already tamable?

OOOO I FOUND A TEAL BULLFROG! Still 1-3 Exciting to see though! Sadly, I just found another toad of the same color, and haven't see any other colored animals. So may just be a bug atm. :(

Thoughts:

Colors are cool! Hope they aren't a mistake!
Hellhounds, Predator Hellcats, Grizzly and Polar Bears should be 1-4. Turkey should be 1-3

Can't comment on training pets, as it's far too slow to find out. Need a gate/boost.

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That is one of the things he was asking about yesterday is how long do you feel pet training should take? I don't think anyone got past 1% without help.

My suggestion was that from 0-10-15% should go rather quickly...as with character training the lower you are, the faster you gain, the same should go for pets. So say about an hour or so for 10 to 15% and then gradually slow the gains down. He did say they were putting in guaranteed gains.

I feel that it shouldn't take unbearably long but it should take some time considering the amount of customization you are able to do. The instant gratification thing should not factor in to this.

He also said the harder the monster you are fighting, the better the gains will be..so you'll get more gains from killing dragons then from killing mongbats lol.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish the dude would get off the pet bond gate... :/
I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but I logged into Europa, where it's not the middle of the night, and reported this. Next time I went to Haven the blocking horse had gone.

Question @Kyronix (when he's awake) When is the pet making progress through it's training and when isn't it?
I notice I can check progress at any time while it is fighting - unless I have been targeted by something. Then, even if the thing is the other side of the wall, I'm in 'combat' and cannot see the bar. Does that mean I just can't see it, or that the pet cannot advance while I am combat flagged?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Also I think the range of the toxic goo effect needs to be looked at...my unicorn was killing a tiger and it killed this corpser WAY down there....might be a bit much?

areaeffect.jpg

Sorry it's EXPLOSIVE goo...might be a bit too explosive lol. Nice effect though!

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if I had a too good pre-publish trained pet, and its already 4 slots. Does it have limited upgrade options (4->5) compared to freshly tamed same kind of pet starting at 3 slots (two upgrades 3->4->5)?

And with 1% training per 30 minutes will take a lot of time to test stuff... Some kind of pet train progress bump gate please. :please:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if I had a too good pre-publish trained pet, and its already 4 slots. Does it have limited upgrade options (4->5) compared to freshly tamed same kind of pet starting at 3 slots (two upgrades 3->4->5)?

And with 1% training per 30 minutes will take a lot of time to test stuff... Some kind of pet train progress bump gate please. :please:
Well I think it needs to be tested (the skill gain) but I also don't think it's working correct yet. As for ore publish pets. I don't know I don't have that many pets. All my dreadmares went from 3 to 4 so far. None have stayed at 3. All rated 2.5-3.5

Edit:
2 Greaters Dragons stayed at 5
Lesser Hiryu rated 3.8 to 1 can go to 5
Tamed a cow can go to 3

The skill progression doesn't seem to be working so I stopped testing for now.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This system sounds like it's to make up for the Dragon Turtle.

If you train a Dragon up to five slots. Is it on par with a greater Dragon? Also, as a pet goes up in control slots does the required taming skill to command it go up to?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone one test have green thorns? I'd like to see what the glacial snakes are rated at.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
We'll be on TC1 for most of the evening, I encourage everyone to head over and check things out and give their feedback there. We are extremely early in the testing phase here and the most valuable feedback is from those who we can interact with in real time on TC1 rather than discussions on the forum with quick changes likely this early on. Thanks!
Can we just come and hang out with you guys? :D

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This system sounds like it's to make up for the Dragon Turtle.

If you train a Dragon up to five slots. Is it on par with a greater Dragon? Also, as a pet goes up in control slots does the required taming skill to command it go up to?
Exactly the two questions i want to know. Like, could a trained up nightmare be better than a dreadmare yet cost less skill points to control?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well I think it needs to be tested (the skill gain) but I also don't think it's working correct yet. As for ore publish pets. I don't know I don't have that many pets. All my dreadmares went from 3 to 4 so far. None have stayed at 3. All rated 2.5-3.5

Edit:
2 Greaters Dragons stayed at 5
Lesser Hiryu rated 3.8 to 1 can go to 5
Tamed a cow can go to 3

The skill progression doesn't seem to be working so I stopped testing for now.

I too stopped after I "trained" for an hour and a half, with ZERO gain.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came late to this as it was only just going up when I logged for the night.
I tamed a bake kit and have been training it for ages, but it's still at 1%. Do I need to quit that part of the quest and start with one of my fully trained pets? I'm getting the feeling it won't go past 1% till it has gm in all skills!

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My copy of trained pets are already at GM focus and GM parry, still need some training in detecting hidden :lol:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
As I said before they are still tweaking the time it takes to train. Giving feedback would be helpful. He's not on TC yet, I just tamed a dread spider...fun stuff! But until they get further feedback on the length of time it should take to train they can't do much.

Like I suggested, maybe an hour to 10 or 15% and slow down the gains after that..the higher you are the harder to gain, makes sense...like 1% every hour up to 30..then longer...any thoughts?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah me either. If we can't have an option to auto boost it, I pass.
I am not as concerned with an "auto boost" as I am knowing that at some point I WILL get a gain. After an hour and a half, it seemed pretty obvious (at least to me) that something was not working as intended.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also I think the range of the toxic goo effect needs to be looked at...my unicorn was killing a tiger and it killed this corpser WAY down there....might be a bit much?

View attachment 63825

Sorry it's EXPLOSIVE goo...might be a bit too explosive lol. Nice effect though!
How did you get this ability on the Unicorn? I thought we had to do the training before that? Rate I'm going it's going to take about 6 months to reach 100%!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not as concerned with an "auto boost" as I am knowing that at some point I WILL get a gain. After an hour and a half, it seemed pretty obvious (at least to me) that something was not working as intended.
Personally, I'm just not willing to grind for 10 hours just to test it. Though I think we should be able to test the regular skill gain as well.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I.e.: If a gargs pet is about to die, tlhe can't do much about it. A human/elf tamer with a 5 slot mount can take it immediately out of combat by mounting it and riding it to safety.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How did you get this ability on the Unicorn? I thought we had to do the training before that? Rate I'm going it's going to take about 6 months to reach 100%!
Have you gotten ANY gains past 1%? If so then perhaps it is fixed. If you are stuck on 1% then you are probably just "spinning your wheels".