• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 97 Comes to TC1

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish notes say... All pet training is final and cannot be reverted. So if you spend all the time getting a colored pet you want and change your mind on its skill combo your screwed?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can we get Giant Serpents, Wyverns, and Giant Black Widows added to the tame list?
Yes please... all Spiders added to the list please... If I could I'd like to be able to tame Sentinel Spiders...

Also Fairy Dragons... please! If you can add the phoenix then please can we not add Fairy Dragons?

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any word on the inability to get past 1%l? I re-upped a couple months ago in anticipation of the pet revamp, but as a more casual player, if I have to spend countless hours training a pet, I'm out. I don't need to it happen overnight, but when I've spent about 3 hours so far and I haven't moved past 1% fighting GDs, Cylops, Titans & gazers and an occasional just to Balrons, that seems off.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know it has been a LONG time since I trained a pet but if I remember right training a pet was not an overnight thing but for testing purposes this needs to be sped up so the testers can get a better idea of how this is really going to work.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Had a conversation with Kyronix.

He pushed my pet past the 100% training first stage so I could see the training gump and put stats on my Unicorn.

I put HP, Angry Fire and Explosive Goo on it.

So a lot of people have been getting their gains, some up to 10%...I, on the other hand, have not. So I asked why that was.

I have been off and on most of the day training it. I started on Tigers then moved to Myrmidex Warriors. They have high HP and are fairly difficult to fight for my Unicorn, I figured I'd get good gains with them...which Kyronix confirmed...with the 5 hours of training total I did today I gained .5%

.....WHA??? I had to think about it for a minute....but it makes sense. The Myrimidex Warriors were giving good gains...just not the max gains...so he suggested I go kill Lady of the Snow (Which, by the way, is where the Frost Mites will spawn once they are added)

I only killed about 7 or 8 of them but I am sure I am pretty close to getting 2%.

Remember this is the final stage of training to a 5 slot pet so it's gonna take awhile. Figure while it's in training, I'll be using it to do peerless or the roof or whatnot so it won't feel like so much of a grind if it's gaining while I'm doing the things I normally do with my pets.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

He pushed my pet past the 100% training first stage so I could see the training gump and put stats on my Unicorn.

So a lot of people have been getting their gains, some up to 10%...I, on the other hand, have not. So I asked why that was.

I have been off and on most of the day training it. I started on Tigers then moved to Myrmidex Warriors. They have high HP and are fairly difficult to fight for my Unicorn, I figured I'd get good gains with them...which Kyronix confirmed...with the 5 hours of training total I did today I gained .5%

.....WHA??? I had to think about it for a minute....but it makes sense. The Myrimidex Warriors were giving good gains...just not the max gains...so he suggested I go kill Lady of the Snow (Which, by the way, is where the Frost Mites will spawn once they are added)

I only killed about 7 or 8 of them but I am sure I am pretty close to getting 2%.

Remember this is the final stage of training to a 5 slot pet so it's gonna take awhile. Figure while it's in training, I'll be using it to do peerless or the roof or whatnot so it won't feel like so much of a grind if it's gaining while I'm doing the things I normally do with my pets.
Hopefully it will be changed so that we can use consume damage while training them :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

That sounds extreme. Myrrmdex Warriors should not be a breeze for a unicorn. Having to move to Lady of the Snow before 2% does not seem right.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh they are not a breeze...they have high HP and hit pretty hard. The uni can take one without too much issue but you know how that spawn is up there...get a few warriors some drones and larvae and throw in a scorpion that mortals? YIKES! Uni only died once though, he's pretty tough...funny thing is, he kills the Lady's a lot faster and with less damage taken.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh they are not a breeze...they have high HP and hit pretty hard. The uni can take one without too much issue but you know how that spawn is up there...get a few warriors some drones and larvae and throw in a scorpion that mortals? YIKES! Uni only died once though, he's pretty tough...funny thing is, he kills the Lady's a lot faster and with less damage taken.
Hmm... How on earth are we gonna level wolves and whatnot? That kinda pet can't handle much.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have a screenshot, but it was in the cliloc changes you posted.
Oh, its so long, so I did not read everything yet.

Ok, about resists it have text about "Resists: 1095" in total combined and 80 individual. There are 5 elemental resists, even without cap it can't exceed 100, so why combined cap is so high?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recall and takes pet with them.
There are quite a few areas, where you can't recall out.
And there are definitely a few areas where you can't recall back.

And with a mount I can just mount up, ride it a few screens away, heal it up and continue the fight.
Plus I can take my mount anywhere at max. speed without having to yell "all follow me" because it gets attacked left and right.

Being a garg and able to maintain mount speed even with a 5 slot pet is a very nice feat. But for me having a 5 slot mount is far more convenient. So I'm looking forward to this change. But this is just my opinion.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So with this change meaning everyone will be turning into a Gargoyle tamer.......can we finally get Throwing added to Human chars?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are quite a few areas, where you can't recall out.
And there are definitely a few areas where you can't recall back.

And with a mount I can just mount up, ride it a few screens away, heal it up and continue the fight.
Plus I can take my mount anywhere at max. speed without having to yell "all follow me" because it gets attacked left and right.

Being a garg and able to maintain mount speed even with a 5 slot pet is a very nice feat. But for me having a 5 slot mount is far more convenient. So I'm looking forward to this change. But this is just my opinion.
I'll say this having to say "all follow me" and have the pet follow even if you are a gargoyle flying.... the pet lumbers along at a snails pace... it does NOT follow at mounted speed... so anyone who tells you this is an advantage is smoking crack... Sure I can "get away" at mounted speed but I leave my weapon behind. Would an archer want to drop their bow and run away? This helps in what way??

I've said this about taming many times... Unlike other skills, magery, Mysticism, Fencing, Macing, Archery, Throwing, and Swordsmanship.... a tamer has 5 slots... generally 1 to 2 good weapons to use. With up to 360 skill points wrapped up in that weapons ability I can't leave the weapon... certainly I can "slightly help" but as a mage I'm somewhat crippled... Even if I take 120 magery, med and eval... I'm still 1/2 a mage... If I take Mysticism without focus its damage is negligable... if I take Focus I can't get mana back quickly, If I take a weapon skill I'm without much for travel... and only 1/2 a warrior... without EoO or Consecrate Weapon etc... and nothing for healing myself... Any mage or dexer can carry 100 different weapons... My archer generally carries at least 10 bows with him .... A mage how many slayer spellbooks??? Even if I did carry slayer spellbooks..... if I do more damage than my pet I"m going to take the agro and I'm going to die because I'm only 1/2 a mage... I have no defensive skills... no wrestling, no parry, nothing... I get 1 or 2 pets... In the middle of a champ when the spawn changes I don't get to swap weapons... I'm stuck with the one or two pets I've brought. Not like I can run back to the stable and bring something else.

A Mage and Dexer can also keep thousands of weapons at home... I get to have what 20 24 maximum in the stable?????? WTF is up with that?????

and still people complain that tamers are top tier??? Far from it. Most people chose taming because they love the pets. It's like bringing your best friend to fights with you.

My archer can out damage my tamers any day of the week... I don't care what pet I've got.

I'd like to see some sort of recall added to mysticism and spellweaving... that would at least give more options. And Mark too... no reason why mages should be the only ones able to mark a rune one would think the other two classes of magic schools would certainly master these skills as well.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So with this change meaning everyone will be turning into a Gargoyle tamer.......can we finally get Throwing added to Human chars?
Why exactly would everyone want to be a garg tamer?
I'll be definitely going with a 5 slot cu. They start with 3 slots, so they can be leveled up twice.
Sounds much more appealing to me than having to play with an ugly garg, just because he's able to fly at mount speed with a 5 slot pet...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'll be definitely going with a 5 slot cu. They start with 3 slots, so they can be leveled up twice.
Sounds much more appealing to me than having to play with an ugly garg, just because he's able to fly at mount speed with a 5 slot pet...
Right.... Gargoyles can't even tame Cu's... they also can't jump on a fire beetle and run it out of the dungeon... and since you can't recall out of there it makes it highly impractical to be a Gargoyle and tame Fire Beetles or even Blue Beetles... They also can't jump on their Nightmare and "save" it...

I like my Gargoyle tamer in some ways... getting around with the GD is rather nice ..... but the GD and any other pet won't follow you across the Gargish paths... *(which since they are supposedly flying dragons... they ought to be able to!)... Anyway... it can be inconvenient...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The feeling on Test is that any 5 slot pet wont be mountable (so your can no longer ride your 5 slot Cu if you start to train it), so you will have the advantage of better resists, damage absorb, and flying speed as a Garg.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Oh, its so long, so I did not read everything yet.

Ok, about resists it have text about "Resists: 1095" in total combined and 80 individual. There are 5 elemental resists, even without cap it can't exceed 100, so why combined cap is so high?
Good point, and not just there.

@Kyronix:

Strength + Intelligence + Dexterity combined cap = 2360, but Strength cap = 700, Intelligence cap = 700, Dexterity cap = 150... that's 1550 total but a 2360 cap.

Hit Point + Stamina+ Mana combined cap = 3370, but Hit Points cap = 1100, Stamina cap = 300, and Mana cap = 1500... that's 2900 total but a 3370 cap.

Hit Point + Stamina+ Mana combined cap = 3370, but Hit Point Regeneration cap = 100, Stamina Regeneration cap = 25, and Mana Regeneration cap = 15... that's 140 total but a 3370 cap.

Then as mentioned, Resists combined cap = 1095, but 5 x 80 individual resist cap = 400.

The numbers don't seem to add up for any of the caps...

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Right.... Gargoyles can't even tame Cu's... they also can't jump on a fire beetle and run it out of the dungeon... and since you can't recall out of there it makes it highly impractical to be a Gargoyle and tame Fire Beetles or even Blue Beetles... They also can't jump on their Nightmare and "save" it...

I like my Gargoyle tamer in some ways... getting around with the GD is rather nice ..... but the GD and any other pet won't follow you across the Gargish paths... *(which since they are supposedly flying dragons... they ought to be able to!)... Anyway... it can be inconvenient...
Ahem
My GD follows me on the gargish paths in the abyss all the time...
Maybe yours didn't go to Dragon College.
Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The feeling on Test is that any 5 slot pet wont be mountable (so your can no longer ride your 5 slot Cu if you start to train it), so you will have the advantage of better resists, damage absorb, and flying speed as a Garg.
Ugh.. well, that would suck.

Probably I'd still stick with my non-garg tamer and sacrifice the mount speed. (The most annyoing thing about gargs is, that they seem to ne one tile NW off, when flying, just because they're up in the air. I always hated that.)

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... (The most annyoing thing about gargs is, that they seem to be one tile NW off, when flying, just because they're up in the air. I always hated that.)
I completely agree, I can't begin to tell you how annoying I find that, I wish they would lower the Z axis [or at least have option to do so] while flying so your avatar is on the tile you think you are.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hmm... How on earth are we gonna level wolves and whatnot? That kinda pet can't handle much.
From what I understand, gaining is based on what pet you're training. So for me, the unicorn I have now with the stats and skills it has, the Lady of the Snow has a better chance for gains. The Myrmidex Warriors were giving him good gains as well, every time you get the message, you're pets battle effectiveness has increased...it means it's gaining, and I got that message a LOT killing the warriors so I know it was gaining, just very slowly. Best thing to do is kill random things and see how often you get that message with each thing you kill.

I also pulled my dread spider out, he's still at stage one of training and still fairly new. Went to Compassion to kill the ratmen that wander around there and the gargoyles down in the passage there. Some gains on the rats, more gains on the gargs but I didn't fight very long he's still at 1%, will train him a bit more today on other mobs to see what works best for him.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh also when we were talking someone asked about the blue beetles...if you train ANY pet to a 5-slot you will HAVE to have taming to control it so no crafters on killer 5-slot beetles lol.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know of an easily accessible house on Test Center that has public crystal and corrupted portals? It would be more convenient for testing if we could more easily pop around to different hunting grounds. If it doesn't exist, could the Devs possibly place one?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'll say this having to say "all follow me" and have the pet follow even if you are a gargoyle flying.... the pet lumbers along at a snails pace... it does NOT follow at mounted speed... so anyone who tells you this is an advantage is smoking crack... Sure I can "get away" at mounted speed but I leave my weapon behind. Would an archer want to drop their bow and run away? This helps in what way??

I've said this about taming many times... Unlike other skills, magery, Mysticism, Fencing, Macing, Archery, Throwing, and Swordsmanship.... a tamer has 5 slots... generally 1 to 2 good weapons to use. With up to 360 skill points wrapped up in that weapons ability I can't leave the weapon... certainly I can "slightly help" but as a mage I'm somewhat crippled... Even if I take 120 magery, med and eval... I'm still 1/2 a mage... If I take Mysticism without focus its damage is negligable... if I take Focus I can't get mana back quickly, If I take a weapon skill I'm without much for travel... and only 1/2 a warrior... without EoO or Consecrate Weapon etc... and nothing for healing myself... Any mage or dexer can carry 100 different weapons... My archer generally carries at least 10 bows with him .... A mage how many slayer spellbooks??? Even if I did carry slayer spellbooks..... if I do more damage than my pet I"m going to take the agro and I'm going to die because I'm only 1/2 a mage... I have no defensive skills... no wrestling, no parry, nothing... I get 1 or 2 pets... In the middle of a champ when the spawn changes I don't get to swap weapons... I'm stuck with the one or two pets I've brought. Not like I can run back to the stable and bring something else.

A Mage and Dexer can also keep thousands of weapons at home... I get to have what 20 24 maximum in the stable?????? WTF is up with that?????

and still people complain that tamers are top tier??? Far from it. Most people chose taming because they love the pets. It's like bringing your best friend to fights with you.

My archer can out damage my tamers any day of the week... I don't care what pet I've got.

I'd like to see some sort of recall added to mysticism and spellweaving... that would at least give more options. And Mark too... no reason why mages should be the only ones able to mark a rune one would think the other two classes of magic schools would certainly master these skills as well.
You can combine other skills with taming to allow you to have bows / spellbooks or any other weapons you want, in addition to your pet.

Yes - you CAN run back to a stable to change pets in the middle of a champ spawn. However, tamers are generally not the ideal template for a champ spawn - nor should that be changed.

You will be fine with current number of stable slots and pet control slots.

If you want to recall without Magery, get a rune book and fill it with recall scrolls. Yes, it's a pain to have to do that every 15-20 recalls, but there is no need to change mysticism or spellweaving when there are other options available.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
From what I understand, gaining is based on what pet you're training. So for me, the unicorn I have now with the stats and skills it has, the Lady of the Snow has a better chance for gains. The Myrmidex Warriors were giving him good gains as well, every time you get the message, you're pets battle effectiveness has increased...it means it's gaining, and I got that message a LOT killing the warriors so I know it was gaining, just very slowly. Best thing to do is kill random things and see how often you get that message with each thing you kill.

I also pulled my dread spider out, he's still at stage one of training and still fairly new. Went to Compassion to kill the ratmen that wander around there and the gargoyles down in the passage there. Some gains on the rats, more gains on the gargs but I didn't fight very long he's still at 1%, will train him a bit more today on other mobs to see what works best for him.
As you know, I fought stuff for hours, stuck on 1% THE WHOLE TIME. Thanks again for the heals :). In my opinion this is idiotic. If the purpose is to test, then give us something to test. Not make us grind for WEEKS just to get to the next step :(Please do post if the devs @Bleak @Kyronix do something to change the "gains rate" to something that at least has a basis in reality!

Just saying that after the feedback from the players, something should have been done. Just my opinion of course.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good point, and not just there.

@Kyronix:

Strength + Intelligence + Dexterity combined cap = 2360, but Strength cap = 700, Intelligence cap = 700, Dexterity cap = 150... that's 1550 total but a 2360 cap.

Hit Point + Stamina+ Mana combined cap = 3370, but Hit Points cap = 1100, Stamina cap = 300, and Mana cap = 1500... that's 2900 total but a 3370 cap.

Hit Point + Stamina+ Mana combined cap = 3370, but Hit Point Regeneration cap = 100, Stamina Regeneration cap = 25, and Mana Regeneration cap = 15... that's 140 total but a 3370 cap.

Then as mentioned, Resists combined cap = 1095, but 5 x 80 individual resist cap = 400.

The numbers don't seem to add up for any of the caps...
There's a difference between the weight caps and the individual caps. If you check out the training menu you'll get a better sense of the relationship between the values.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure all pets are going to be balanced either. Most White Wyrms convert to 4 slots with nothing added. There was a three slot small dinosaur. It had over 700 hp, high resists, life leeching, and two other abilities.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think there should be an exception to this rule for tradesmen and tradeswomen

They should be able to have a 4 slot beetle as long as they have 2 or 3 trade skills at gm or above

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh also when we were talking someone asked about the blue beetles...if you train ANY pet to a 5-slot you will HAVE to have taming to control it so no crafters on killer 5-slot beetles lol.
See above quote not in my post

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Publish notes say... All pet training is final and cannot be reverted. So if you spend all the time getting a colored pet you want and change your mind on its skill combo your screwed?
Can't teach an old dog new tricks? :)
I agree though. No being able to retrain your prized pet if next publish changes something is unnecessarily restrictive.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tamed a shadow wyrm or phoenix? I tried today and got 'that creature cannot be tamed'

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Several people have shadow wyrms and I know someone tamed a phoenix yesterday down in del pass.

Actually trying now for the Phoenix, died twice, got him kinda trapped in one area if anyone wants to try...he's pretty rough lol.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldn't tame one today. On my ethy I got that I had too many followers, so I dismounted, then I got that it couldn't be tamed and it bit me. Same message at phoenix. No idea on serpentine, when I got to the spot the serpentine was a paragon, and the char I had wasn't capable of killing it.

Now why did I get a 'can't be tamed' message when you're obviously not? No more time for me today, but I'll explore more tomorrow

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Has anyone tamed a shadow wyrm or phoenix? I tried today and got 'that creature cannot be tamed'
I went and got both... not sure why you're getting that message, either something goofed with an update of theirs (I tamed both before they tweaked things on TC1 yesterday) or someone is taming and releasing stuff to make the difficulty higher.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I couldn't tame one today. On my ethy I got that I had too many followers, so I dismounted, then I got that it couldn't be tamed and it bit me. Same message at phoenix. No idea on serpentine, when I got to the spot the serpentine was a paragon, and the char I had wasn't capable of killing it.

Now why did I get a 'can't be tamed' message when you're obviously not? No more time for me today, but I'll explore more tomorrow
Hate to ask this but... were you near a champ spawn area? I have had no issues with taming either of them. Shadow was in Destard and Phoenix was Del pass. I did get the "can't tame on a para Serp as well thankfully. Was kinda hoping they forgot to block it lol.. wanted to run around with a Gold Serp Drag :D

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It works, I'm at 20%. took about 5-6 Hrs
Using what, killing what? though...yeah for testing that's far too slow. Who want's to spend 25 hours to gain one level, just to test something?

Really hope some leveling gates are coming, I'd actually like to test out some builds on various stuff, do some raw vs trained at equal slot comparison fights, etc.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very often after using animal lore skill I locked on you must wait before... using anything unless I leave dungeon or move to outer subserver. Very annoying.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I would think any pet fighting a myremdex Warrior should gain when they are only at 1 or 2% It sounds like they are making too specific on what is giving training results. An arctic ogre lord should train a pet up to a decent amount. Greater dragons should be able to take them to the top IMO.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My nightmare trained parry from 84 to 93 and still stuck at 1% training. I see lot of blue and few red messages about progress, but 1% still boring. I see no logic here.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I finished one full training bar on a nightmare. The raising of dex and stam on these pets is gonna create havoc in pvp. My nightmares resists are now 80 80 80 45 80. It has 150 dex/stam, 120 wrestling, 120 bushido, 100 parry, had the ability to disarm, nerve strike, ai, onslaught, and dragon breath. It has 50 HPR, 50 SR, 30 MR. Also has 700 intel, 456 mana. All that and its still a 4 slot ridable nightmare that can still be trained up further. Oh yeah almost forgot, I raised it base damage from 16-23 to 26-35. LOL

Taming in pvp after this will dominate all templates in game. How funny.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never had or played a tamer, so I don't have any dog in this fight. But I rather see it pretty positive. The list of new pets sounds awesome. The training also pretty reasonable, unless the very slow gains from what I read.

I only dislike by their decision to still keep old pets the best pets. They immediately discard half of their content there. Why tame those new creatures if they won't be stronger than the old pets? I see there are a lot of people attached to their pets, but if all we want is to keep the status quo, what's the point of a revamp than?

IMO new pets should be OP to old pets. Thus having people to actually play the content.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you lock your pet at 4 slots? Some people might want to keep their pet mountable and not go to 5 slots
Yes you can choose not to click on the training button and go further. But I am training this one further on test to see if it is mountable at 5 slots. TIme will tell. I attacked my buddy with the upgraded nightmare and it did 31-36 dmg a hit and hit multiple times really fast. had he not precast invis he would have died in like 3 secs.

UO-OU

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if its going to be added, but is there a way to change the damage type of a tameable? For example, a Cu Sidhe has 50% Cold and 50% Energy damage. Is there a way to change the percentages to 100% Cold and 0% Energy damage or vice versa or customize the percentages?

Using the same example of the Cu Sidhe, does the Cu Sidhe retain all its original abilities (bleed attack and healing) when you go through animal training or does it disappear?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure if its going to be added, but is there a way to change the damage type of a tameable? For example, a Cu Sidhe has 50% Cold and 50% Energy damage. Is there a way to change the percentages to 100% Cold and 0% Energy damage or vice versa or customize the percentages?

Using the same example of the Cu Sidhe, does the Cu Sidhe retain all its original abilities (bleed attack and healing) when you go through animal training or does it disappear?
No as of right now you cant change damage types at all. All pets start with their normal abilities, but it seems if you add certain things it takes off others. For example I added the Slashing to my nightmare, which is disarm, nerve strike and ai, when I did that it removed magery, but it still has dragon breath. So be careful what you add, im glad im testing this on TC.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

It was discussed before. I hope they do something about it. Having a choice of pets with different pure elemental damage would really add viability to non-GD pets.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I finished one full training bar on a nightmare. The raising of dex and stam on these pets is gonna create havoc in pvp. My nightmares resists are now 80 80 80 45 80. It has 150 dex/stam, 120 wrestling, 120 bushido, 100 parry, had the ability to disarm, nerve strike, ai, onslaught, and dragon breath. It has 50 HPR, 50 SR, 30 MR. Also has 700 intel, 456 mana. All that and its still a 4 slot ridable nightmare that can still be trained up further. Oh yeah almost forgot, I raised it base damage from 16-23 to 26-35. LOL

Taming in pvp after this will dominate all templates in game. How funny.
Did HP go up at all?