• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 95 Comes to TC1

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But honestly, if you go out and script up 1 million upper end runics, that has NO effect on my gameplay at all.
Maybe not your gameplay but there's ALOT of players that it does affect. Scripting destroys the market for honest players.
I spend 6hrs playing honestly then some a-hole hits a "play" key for their script and goes to work for 9hrs...
that makes every honest players good's & time invested worth jack squat.:rant2:

IF WE CAN GET THE GOODS REASONABLY OURSELVES WITHOUT HAVING TO SPEND ALL OUR GAMETIME SLAVING AND GRINDING WE WILL QUIT BUYING FROM THE SCRIPTERS!!!!!!!!! So it wont matter how many the scripters have, if their market shrinks...
Any EASY Button for players just makes it that much easier & faster for scripters to screw over honest folk. Its ludicrous to think their market will ever shrink.:coco:
Are some things a grind? Of course they are. Grinds have been a part of most every MMO ever made & continue to be.
Its called a sense of accomplishment & fulfillment once a task is completed to collect a reward. This is something scripters know
little to nothing about since they never really accomplish anything except reaping the rewards others work hard to get.:(

Tell me how, exactly. Pretend I'm too dumb to figure it out.
I spelled it out plain as day but I'm pretty sure everything said you already knew so I really don't get your point here.o_O

I don't have any ground breaking BOD suggestions here as anything I thought of has already been said by someone else but I can't keep silent after reading that dribble.:hahaha: ;)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tell me how, exactly. Pretend I'm too dumb to figure it out.
Let's start with runics, pof and any other reward instantly dropping in price. Guess we can't really sell those if anyone can get them with little to no work. Not to mention the scripters would then dominate the market. I don't believe in designing systems to avoid cheaters but it doesn't mean to hand it to them on a silver platter.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let's start with runics, pof and any other reward instantly dropping in price. Guess we can't really sell those if anyone can get them with little to no work. Not to mention the scripters would then dominate the market. I don't believe in designing systems to avoid cheaters but it doesn't mean to hand it to them on a silver platter.
To me, the price drop would be welcome. I dont see that as a negative lol. Anti scripter sentiment then, is basically a "I dont want my profits cut into" thing.
Got it.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A fletcher offered me a Blight Gripped Longbow BOD and a frozen Longbow BOD on TC1 - is it intended to have craftable Artifacts in the list of possible BOD requirements?
Looks like ML Peerless Ingredients just gained some value/use.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anti scripter sentiment then, is basically a "I dont want my profits cut into" thing.
Got it.
I don't want my time spent being meaningless due to someone that can't play fairly.
Also, scripting was designed to make money by cutting out honest players that in my optimistic opinion still make the bulk of UO players.
Your comments and attitudes reflect the kind of player you are.:D

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scripting BODs is irrelevant. All BODs are, are a mechanism by which ingots are converted into rewards. Ingot production is what matters, and this is where scripting really makes an impact. Sure, there is likely a huge surplus of ingots in the game right now, this is in part because there aren't enough uses for them. I actually want the floodgates to be opened on the BOD side of the equation. Ingot costs matter. If you make the ingot cost for the rewards too high, like we have now, the non-scripters will move on to more rewarding gameplay. You would be literally handing the market to the scripters by making BODs less accessible and keeping mining as the scripter's dream scenario that it currently is.

If the devs would streamline the process of filling BODs, they would lessen the impact of scripting anyways.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Scripting BODs is irrelevant. All BODs are, are a mechanism by which ingots are converted into rewards. Ingot production is what matters, and this is where scripting really makes an impact. Sure, there is likely a huge surplus of ingots in the game right now, this is in part because there aren't enough uses for them. I actually want the floodgates to be opened on the BOD side of the equation. Ingot costs matter. If you make the ingot cost for the rewards too high, like we have now, the non-scripters will move on to more rewarding gameplay. You would be literally handing the market to the scripters by making BODs less accessible and keeping mining as the scripter's dream scenario that it currently is.

If the devs would streamline the process of filling BODs, they would lessen the impact of scripting anyways.

It is resources overall. Lumber, ingots, gems, and other basic resources used to create other items.

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets talk about BODs. I am tempted to start a new chat just for reporting fails. Cooking BOD 10 Normal Green Tea. would not fill from normal or ex. that I crafted. Would not fill from green tea cups I purchase nor from the raw ingredient basket of leaves that also says green tea.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While you are working on BoD system, how bout fixing it where everytime i drop a bod in the book I dont have to close the dang gump that pops up all the time.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Players: BoDs - too many kinds, rewards need to be reworked, storage is a problem when trying to get all the right small bods to fill large ones, Legendary Crafters keep getting too many junk bods...

Devs: tweaked reward turn-in with points (yay), no changes to storage or amount of different Bod types, no change to getting too many junk bods, OH and let's add 100's of new bods for other skills and create bods that require Major Materials (ML Reagents, High value gems and stealables that only spawn once a week per shard and give you a low value reward points. Also let's replace the crafter talisman that you have been getting for years and have finally gotten high (25-30) success chance increase with new ones with LOW RNG news ones with a new property that may or may not make up for it. But YAY cooks get an apron that adds to their tailisman bonus.

Looking over the new rewards there aren't very many that I'm excited about: PoF Keg (700 Tinker points - UG) and the new apron.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is resources overall. Lumber, ingots, gems, and other basic resources used to create other items.
Exactly, and even if you were to run a script that could fill a thousand BODs an hour, you will always be limited by the amount of resources you have. That's why it's important to address the resource side of the equation if one is concerned by an overabundance of BOD rewards.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After reading all the remarks in this thread so far, I know that my smith will NOT bank any points at all ... ever.

The ratio is too low and I have yet to hear anyone say that the frequency of higher end SBODs for filling higher LBODs is improved. I'm tired of sitting on 3 Val LBODs with no hope of an SBOD to match up with any of them. Bribing has failed to get me there - got close twice and the qty changed. ARG! Yes, I bounced to different places to keep costs low.

Phooey. IMO a whacked system just got more whacked from the sounds of it.
There is only ONE LBOD that gives a Val Hammer and that is a 20Exp 6 part plate VAL LBOD or are you trying for a VER Hammer

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To me, the price drop would be welcome. I dont see that as a negative lol. Anti scripter sentiment then, is basically a "I dont want my profits cut into" thing.
Got it.
So how do you make your gold to play UO. Do you sell rares or what. For those that make their GOLD to play UO this would destroy their game.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While you are working on BoD system, how bout fixing it where everytime i drop a bod in the book I dont have to close the dang gump that pops up all the time.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaafreakingmen!

Old never posted comment was intertwined lol

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So how do you make your gold to play UO. Do you sell rares or what. For those that make their GOLD to play UO this would destroy their game.
Gold drops from the occasional champ spawn, a few tchests, sell the blues and pinks, occasionally sell some holiday stuff...It doesn't take much gold to play UO, I make my own suits and weapons and imbue them, a few ingreds once in a while and insurance =).

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The two people who still smith for gold this is an issue yes but for the rest of the game me thinks you are kidding.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The two people who still smith for gold this is an issue yes but for the rest of the game me thinks you are kidding.
Think whatever you want but you are %2,000 wrong in your assumption. There are a lot of people that still make their gold from smith/tailor.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like your data supporting this claim. I can point to the thousands of bod rewards for sale on vendors to disprove your hypothesis. 25% would destroy the runic/bod rewards market. Only someone who has never done bods could possibly think otherwise.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure, show me the thousands of bod rewards that sell. I can show you thousands of rewards sitting on vendors also but none of them are generating income for the vendor owners.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully this new patch I just downloaded is their unfubaring the new BoD system so it's worth bothering with?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sure, show me the thousands of bod rewards that sell. I can show you thousands of rewards sitting on vendors also but none of them are generating income for the vendor owners.
Sorry you have your rewards priced way to high to sell. You may want to lower them and sell them for the same price as others.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I own a house in Luna which I've kept for my guildmates to use, I don't have a need for gold and don't stock BOD rewards....sorry bud.

My argument has nothing to do with wanting to make gold, unlike it seems yours, but everything to do with this BOD system is silly for the average player. Who wants to bank 2% of the reward, that's fubar man.

Sorry you have your rewards priced way to high to sell. You may want to lower them and sell them for the same price as others.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I own a house in Luna which I've kept for my guildmates to use, I don't have a need for gold and don't stock BOD rewards....sorry bud.

My argument has nothing to do with wanting to make gold, unlike it seems yours, but everything to do with this BOD system is silly for the average player. Who wants to bank 2% of the reward, that's fubar man.
And what you want is Scripters to bank %100 points to put us little guys out of business. Sounds like you have a vested interest is using those scripts you admitted to.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I own a house on Napa which one guy uses and three guys have empty vendors, feel free to meet me in game for a spot.

I'm wanting a system where if one wants a reward from this bodding scheme one can reasonably do so. The current system is flawed in its complexity and a simple banking system with a half decent point structure would only help this game. You talk about BILLIONS like those matter to the guy wanting to come back, what a silly notion. What possible reason would a person at this time in UO's life decide that they felt it's a worthy usage of time getting into our BOD thing? The mentality displayed is little different than that of the original dev team who felt that grind was a decent option for UO and that sure didn't help.

And what you want is Scripters to bank %100 points to put us little guys out of business. Sounds like you have a vested interest is using those scripts you admitted to.

Kyle_Broflovski

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a bod that i still cannot get to fill, its green tea 20 normal ive tried all types, the beverage, the raw and the meal not sure which ones it needs but nothing seems to be working correctly

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I like some of the things devs are trying to do but why does this remind me of trump, saying the system is corrupt/rigged lol. not sure if i will collect these new bods, so many. at least they have a book to put in, not like trying to collect refinements lol.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like some of the things devs are trying to do but why does this remind me of trump, saying the system is corrupt/rigged lol. not sure if i will collect these new bods, so many. at least they have a book to put in, not like trying to collect refinements lol.
Well ummmm.... about that book ....

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna already said at the Meet and Greet that this isn't going to happen.
Maybe their hoping each player will open a new account for each BoD type to have house storage for the new BoDs they'll have to store.

Of course making the point banking system worth bothering with would really help that.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The banking ppoint problem has been worked out? what, where, I missed it
I turned in one BOD on test. It gave .5 of point in the bank. I can tell it's going to be a long time to get the Blackrock Automation head 1200 points. I hope it gives a different variations of KoTL Automation. If not I'm going to be very upset.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just repeat that a minor 2399 times, no worries the team was worried you would abuse the system.

I'll be really curious to see how many times people use this. I know that some people managed to fill a couple books worth expecting this type of patch and many others are chugging away doing it all "by hand" but really who's gonna do it over and over?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just repeat that a minor 2399 times, no worries the team was worried you would abuse the system.

I'll be really curious to see how many times people use this. I know that some people managed to fill a couple books worth expecting this type of patch and many others are chugging away doing it all "by hand" but really who's gonna do it over and over?
Or they could turn in more valuable bods. I hear lbods give a very nice percentage.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or they could turn in more valuable bods. I hear lbods give a very nice percentage.
He also doesn't understand that you can make more than 1 item at a time and fill a BOD with one click now so his doing it all "by hand" just proves he knows nothing about doing BODs.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This who bod crap Sound like a f****ng pain. Is there somewhere a usable Guide how to do it?

It's Sounds a bit that it's made for scripters who don't care who long the script has to run to deal with the bods.

I guess I have to sell my bods as I am not willing to take part in such a crap.

Iam not wondering that people script stuff.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This who bod crap Sound like a f****ng pain. Is there somewhere a usable Guide how to do it?

It's Sounds a bit that it's made for scripters who don't care who long the script has to run to deal with the bods.

I guess I have to sell my bods as I am not willing to take part in such a crap.

Iam not wondering that people script stuff.
I'll buy them!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He also doesn't understand that you can make more than 1 item at a time and fill a BOD with one click now so his doing it all "by hand" just proves he knows nothing about doing BODs.
Yar but neither of you two clowns want to add much save for the "BILLIONS". This BoD thing won't affect my game play at all, if I wanted the rewards I'd buy them or farm if I felt so. My concern, as I've said fairly often, is this isn't far enough and I don't think it's a good system for a new player to experience. Here new guy, you don't have the gold to just purchase ingredients for these BoD's so please just spend hours upon hours farming and then once you have done so farm a little more but expect a 2% return, nah I'll go play WOW or the like.

I understand you have piles of these things stored away, we all do or did. Most older players also have a few stacks of ingots, wood, gems and other resources so there is little downside save for either pushing play or typing 20. You understand the mechanics and, clearly, are willing to play UO for the grind that it is BUT have you not noticed that most shards have died, there are less players on ATL every month, these boards have nearly stopped having replies on a daily basis? It's all fine and dandy to milk this for everything, you should while it's there for the taking but at some point it'll come home. This game is complex beyond words and needlessly so. It's unlikely that some new guy is going to fill a bod, see this 2% crap(cause no way is this in the handy "how to play" notes that don't exist) and say "woot only 98% left before I get that cool talisman". Get real.

I've been saying for years now that the game has to think in a forward motion and see what we can do to make the grind less grindy, clowns like the quoted think only for themselves. Call me what you want, that's ok, but when you wonder what happened to the players I hope you recall these conversations.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yar but neither of you two clowns want to add much save for the "BILLIONS". This BoD thing won't affect my game play at all, if I wanted the rewards I'd buy them or farm if I felt so. My concern, as I've said fairly often, is this isn't far enough and I don't think it's a good system for a new player to experience. Here new guy, you don't have the gold to just purchase ingredients for these BoD's so please just spend hours upon hours farming and then once you have done so farm a little more but expect a 2% return, nah I'll go play WOW or the like.

I understand you have piles of these things stored away, we all do or did. Most older players also have a few stacks of ingots, wood, gems and other resources so there is little downside save for either pushing play or typing 20. You understand the mechanics and, clearly, are willing to play UO for the grind that it is BUT have you not noticed that most shards have died, there are less players on ATL every month, these boards have nearly stopped having replies on a daily basis? It's all fine and dandy to milk this for everything, you should while it's there for the taking but at some point it'll come home. This game is complex beyond words and needlessly so. It's unlikely that some new guy is going to fill a bod, see this 2% crap(cause no way is this in the handy "how to play" notes that don't exist) and say "woot only 98% left before I get that cool talisman". Get real.

I've been saying for years now that the game has to think in a forward motion and see what we can do to make the grind less grindy, clowns like the quoted think only for themselves. Call me what you want, that's ok, but when you wonder what happened to the players I hope you recall these conversations.
You know reading this I have so many snarky and condescending responses. I was actually going to address each one however I really don't feel that it would matter. However... why all the hate? Seriously clowns have just got a bad rap. Or is that wrap?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Filling BOD's now is SOOOOOOOOO omg easy!

I don't understand why people are complaining now, except for those unwilling to sit in front of their computer and actually, you know, PLAY the game.

crafting.jpg

Place tool and material inside a container in your main backpack (Crafters already do this, or should, makes life a lot easier!)

Click on your tool...select Make Number and input that number

The item is crafted inside that container! Then click on 'Combine this deed with contained items'
SelectThis.jpg

Click on your bag and BAM BOD filled! It took me all of 1 minute to fill this BOD!

With the time saved on filling BOD's now, that 2% doesn't seem too bad considering I have managed to bank 60 points in tinkering since yesterday and I haven't got a stockpile of tinkering BOD's because they just came out! And I have gotten 3 Large BOD's that I cannot fill yet...so with just the smalls that I have gotten, filled and turned in, I am doing pretty darn good :)