• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 95 Comes to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Everyone, By approximately 5:00pm ET 11/3/2016 we will be pushing the first release of Publish 95 to TC1. Publish 95 is full of new and exciting features, bug fixes, and new content so make sure you check out the full patch notes here and send us any feedback you have here. As always we will continue to update based on feedback through the TC1 and Origin, Izumo, and Baja. We will also be pushing a mandatory client patch as well, so make sure you are running the latest versions of the classic and enhanced clients before trying to login. […]

Continue reading...

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont see any runic mallet and chisel as possbile rewards. Can we please also get those maybe put to carpentry Bods?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spellbook Improvement Talisman? Is this going to be a spellbook version of imbuing?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ridable Tarantula sounds cool :) And T Rex Statue! Wish they would just go ahead and make the T Rex tamable at stat loss to make another 5 slot that rival'd the Greater Dragon. I LOVE DINOSAURS!!

Last edited:

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, would only take 150 Verite 20 Exc bods to get a single bottle of pof.

I think its literally better to just take the gold.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ridable Tarantula sounds cool :) And T Rex Statue! Wish they would just go ahead and make the T Rex tamable at stat loss to make another 5 slot that rival'd the Greater Dragon. I LOVE DINOSAURS!!
They'd have to get rid of the T-Rex's "fear" ability though. I'm all for pets comparable to a Greater (that don't require jumping through hoops like the Dragon Turtle), but that ability would be too OP for a pet.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

It can be made to look ethereal with a retouching tool to look much better than the brown model (IMO).
actually ya i do like that better!
nicely played sir!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, would only take 150 Verite 20 Exc bods to get a single bottle of pof.

I think its literally better to just take the gold.
LOL for real? I just read the notes and got excited about the ability to save up points for rewards you want instead of it being completely random, but LOL. That's absurd.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A 20 Verite Exc Norse helm Bod gets you 750 Points, which is way enough for a single bottle of pof. You cant save the 750 points tho. Only the 3.75 fraction points you would get for it. And you lose all points you dont use of the bod you directly take the points of. So you can still just do the right Bods for the right reward and use the points. For the crappy Bods you save the fraction points. No idea if 0.5% of the points you could get is the right amount, who it should be.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My thoughts:

The tables and new crafting add-ons are nice! The alchemy tables looks pretty good in game so YAY!

The lanterns cannot be turned on when they are locked down in a house :(

New dyes? Very bright....

Here's most of the new stuff with me wearing the new Zento Orchid Natural Dye

newstuff2.jpg
The other 3 colors

Dyes.jpg

Now for the tree....

while you did move the gifts closer together, which is AWESOME thank you! The perspective is still WAY off.

You are looking at the tree from the side, yet the gifts from more of a top angle...should be more like this: (Don't hate on my leet paint skillz)

treepersp.jpg

Now for the worst of them? (sorry)
Spider.jpg

First, the *Shadow* looks more like a black outline, it't too stark.

Front view looks pretty awesome! Rear View? Not so much...looks like the rider is about to fall off the back end of the thing...and it's too circular, looks kind of....naughty lol.

Side View? Not good....I get the legs on the far side...but the legs on the closer side are farther apart, so the legs on the far side should be too, and the rider should be seated in between those legs, not so close to the rear.

The graphic of the spider by itself is awesome, very well done, looks like it's supposed to! Kudos on that!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My thoughts:

The tables and new crafting add-ons are nice! The alchemy tables looks pretty good in game so YAY!

View attachment 56208
The other 3 colors

View attachment 56209

Now for the tree....

while you did move the gifts closer together, which is AWESOME thank you! The perspective is still WAY off.

You are looking at the tree from the side, yet the gifts from more of a top angle...should be more like this: (Don't hate on my leet paint skillz)

View attachment 56210

View attachment 56211

Front view looks pretty awesome! Rear View? Not so much...looks like the rider is about to fall off the back end of the thing...and it's too circular, looks kind of....naughty lol.

Side View? Not good....I get the legs on the far side...but the legs on the closer side are farther apart, so the legs on the far side should be too, and the rider should be seated in between those legs, not so close to the rear.

The graphic of the spider by itself is awesome, very well done, looks like it's supposed to! Kudos on that!
What do the new dyes come from?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Blackrock Automaton was the thing that got my intrest!

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, so you have 2 Options when you turn in a bod.

You can either Claim 1 reward up to the value of the bod OR have a fraction of the points added to your rewards "pool"

So, Any bod that is above POF you can choose to claim POF, Etc etc etc.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
My thoughts:

View attachment 56208
The other 3 colors

View attachment 56209

Now for the tree....

View attachment 56210

View attachment 56211

where is the alchemy table?
is it that barrel?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
where is the alchemy table?
is it that barrel?
newstuff1.jpg

The big red ball thing is still a bit out of place but overall it doesn't look too bad once you have it in a house.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well thats dumb, who cares if someone mines while mounted?
Well...I can't really see it being easy to haul a big shovel and dig up heavy rock while you're on a mount....you'd more then likely fall off and knock yourself out with the shovel! lol

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well...I can't really see it being easy to haul a big shovel and dig up heavy rock while you're on a mount....you'd more then likely fall off and knock yourself out with the shovel! lol
We are now riding giant spiders around. i think logic flew out the window years ago.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The tarantula by itself is okay, but riding it looks...odd. The hoofbeat sounds it plays is just wrong...we need a new, softer-sounding multiple tap riding sound.

The food on the buffet table looks like stickers. The dining table looks great, but the candles don't light up/animate...

The "fermentation vat" desperately needs to be named as such, right now it’s just called "barrel." In the default EC, double clicking it just opens a container gump. It either needs instructions, or a gump like the distillery. The context menu doesn’t cut it. :pint:

The BBQ Smoker needs to be removed from hyperspace and slowed down to a rational speed. :facepalm:

What do the sculptures DO when they start glowing? They play a sound when clicked on, the glow goes away, but you receive no message. :eyes:

As @Larisa said, the packages under the hideous Christmas tree look better, but the tree itself is still hideous and malformed. FIX THIS. :thumbdown:

The canopy of the plum tree is in its own alternate universe where players must be looking up (particularly when the branches randomly pop through). :cursing:

The world tree addon is pretty cool, and doesn’t float off the floor like the codex. :heart:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So here is one of the big Christmas trees which are part of the festival:

Big_Trees.png

These are decorated way better than the snow trees, but share its inexplicable and visually unappealing lean to the left and abnormally visible/tall trunk. They are also somewhat blurry. SIGH.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does anyone know if Kotl City Spawn has been turned off on prodo shards or just off on TC1?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So here is one of the big Christmas trees which are part of the festival:

View attachment 56225

These are decorated way better than the snow trees, but share its inexplicable and visually unappealing lean to the left and abnormally visible/tall trunk. They are also somewhat blurry. SIGH.
How'd you get that tree? The festival hasn't started yet on TC1...

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix are the Purple Lama Zombies a bonus to Publish 95? The Purple Lama Zombies are on Production Shards.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix I told a friend that there were purple lama zombies at the Brit Graveyard. DevilsOwn went to the Graveyard and they look like zombies to her. I told her it must have been a patch thing. She logged off and got the patch. Logged back in and the Zombies were Purple Lamas. There were changes to art images in the patch. I got the message while I was patching about art work missing.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A fletcher offered me a Blight Gripped Longbow BOD and a frozen Longbow BOD on TC1 - is it intended to have craftable Artifacts in the list of possible BOD requirements?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix... you show up to ask Dot about the tree, but do not mention whether we can get tables from the horn of plenty now. :(

I just do not want to use up all my charges and have to recharge, one per day... if it isn"t active until 95 hits all shards please say so.:Begging:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix... you show up to ask Dot about the tree, but do not mention whether we can get tables from the horn of plenty now. :(

I just do not want to use up all my charges and have to recharge, one per day... if it isn"t active until 95 hits all shards please say so.:Begging:
The new Horn of Plenty items are in the patch notes for Pub 95 which can be found here.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix I told a friend that there were purple lama zombies at the Brit Graveyard. DevilsOwn went to the Graveyard and they look like zombies to her. I told her it must have been a patch thing. She logged off and got the patch. Logged back in and the Zombies were Purple Lamas. There were changes to art images in the patch. I got the message while I was patching about art work missing.
Which shard did this occur on? Its possible there was a build issue with animation files - can you post a screenshot?

Edit to add...thanks for the report! Saw the purple llamas myself and we are looking into it! :thumbup1:

Last edited:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Kyronix So we cannot get the tables until its live on all shards. :( Just wanted to use them to decorate for the whole month of November not just the end of it. Thank you for the reply. Yes or no it was not... haha

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@ Kyronix So we cannot get the tables until its live on all shards. :( Just wanted to use them to decorate for the whole month of November not just the end of it. Thank you for the reply. Yes or no it was not... haha
Correct. The tables are part of publish 95, which has not been deployed world wide yet.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix - Legends Shard its in the EC. It wont let me take a screenshot. In the CC its a normal Zombie.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crafting Failure Protection Talisman
  • Prevents loss of materials on failure
  • Available with additional crafting related properties
SS_649.jpg

Was hoping to see new methods that can increase the success chance of making say composite bows - consistently.
Right now at best you get around 73% with talisman. That makes the reforging process slow and annoying. (you know, making 15 at a time, then mouseover to pick out non-exceptionals)
And with this new reward also being a talisman...these cannot help further (and there are already many better talismans from heartwood quests) And there are also enough resource in the world for any crafters to care about material loss -- for a charge limited item.

Last edited: