• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 92 Part 1 Comes to TC1

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Happens a lot to me @Kyronix .
Character name is Zath Rugen, shard is Legends, I am running the default UI, my ping averages 250 ms and I am running Windows 10. And it always happens when I am spawning, no matter which spawn it is. It causes some annoying deaths, for sure. :p

Also, any plans to fix the phantom mob bug on the EC?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess I miss the requirement that you cart ALL of them back and forth to the vendor every time. Recall takes what?? 3 seconds?

Log on at the vendor, see how many you need to restock... recall to the bank, get them, and recall back. Stock the vendor, then log out.

I do agree that it would seem more logical to resolve what ever issue putting them on pets is creating, but this fix is certainly not that big of an issue.
hehe didnt' say it was a BIG issue, just that it was a pain in the butt and I wish they would fix what they actually broke rather than just add another quick fix that makes something that wasn't a problem into a slight chore. Just not needed. Recalling on my home shard isn't a problem, recalling for me on Atlantic IS. I ping on average 3-350ms on atlantic so moving around much at all is horrid.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix one of the biggest bugs for that has been in game since the EC came in and prior to that KR is the totally useless way regular books work. If you type them up in the EC people in the classic client CANNOT read them, it drops lines off completely, just deletes them. You cannot copy and paste from a text document into a book in the EC as you can in the CC, it just puts in what fits on the first page and dumps the rest (not that cc readers can even read that as what you see and they see are two totally dif things).

Stuff written in the cc is really badly formatted in the EC as well.

You should be able to copy and paste onto however many pages a books has. I used to copy and paste whole stories that covered 15-20 pages of a book in one go, and everyone could read it as I formatted it, back in the old 3d client prior to KR. Now we have 100 and 200 page books but they may as well NOT exist as they cannont be used so that everyone can read them unless you spend hours and hours getting someone in the CC to do it for you. '

Please fix the books in the EC. They play an integral part in player run events and also in a lot of RP.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix one of the biggest bugs for that has been in game since the EC came in and prior to that KR is the totally useless way regular books work. If you type them up in the EC people in the classic client CANNOT read them, it drops lines off completely, just deletes them. You cannot copy and paste from a text document into a book in the EC as you can in the CC, it just puts in what fits on the first page and dumps the rest (not that cc readers can even read that as what you see and they see are two totally dif things).

Stuff written in the cc is really badly formatted in the EC as well.

You should be able to copy and paste onto however many pages a books has. I used to copy and paste whole stories that covered 15-20 pages of a book in one go, and everyone could read it as I formatted it, back in the old 3d client prior to KR. Now we have 100 and 200 page books but they may as well NOT exist as they cannont be used so that everyone can read them unless you spend hours and hours getting someone in the CC to do it for you. '

Please fix the books in the EC. They play an integral part in player run events and also in a lot of RP.
This is on our list of items to address. There is no simple fix for this, and we have to be particularly careful that we don't ruin the history that is stored in older books.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aye well when you don't have a house, storing on a beetle you have your characters butt on once the bank is full is really the only option. No way you can use a boat. Anyways, I guess it becomes a pain in the butt rather than them just fix it so I can cart grass and snow tiles in my bug :(.
Better question is, if you don't have a house on that shard, why are you bothering to store Grass and Snow Tiles?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I notice this quite often and crashing when I'm running one direction and then double back ....

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This is on our list of items to address. There is no simple fix for this, and we have to be particularly careful that we don't ruin the history that is stored in older books.
That about making new books, 20 and 40 pages and keep the old ones too but only let NPC vendors sell the new ones.
This way, the old ones and the history in them will be safe and all new books will work with both clients, just like I believe the craftables do.
It's way to expensive to use the new large books for events, like savage run, where I like using books to tell the runners what task to do and write their ansvar in the book. As it is now, 20/40 pages books get so messed up, if a EC client player write in it, that I can't read it in CC.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Better question is, if you don't have a house on that shard, why are you bothering to store Grass and Snow Tiles?
Because I have vendors on that shard, a result of shard shields and the impact they have on the smaller shards. I have to rely on 'others' to transfer stuff to atlantic for me once a month or so to vend as trying to sell anything on my shard is now pretty much uneconomical. (As such, when they transfer for me I have a box of generally 125 items or more, that needs to be stored on my chars) I run 11 vendors on my home shard that barely cover the cost of vendor fees and I stock so that people on my home shard at least have somewhere to buy essentials etc, and I run three vendors on atlantic which make millions. Prior to shard shields, I used to make millions on my own shard, alas those days are long gone.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, Powerful. Single spell that lowers all stats And increases incoming elemental damage by 33%. (from 70's resists to 60's) Can't be Resisted, no diminished returns, quick cast time, long duration even at 120 resist. Not saying its overpowered, just saying its powerful. It effects so much more than just magery spells too.

How many potential Combos should a mage be able to get off before having to reapply a curse from an apple. That's the question.

12 seconds?? Is that what it is now on test center? I mean, out at a spawn you could burn them through their apples fast, but at yew they are just going to run.

I was suggesting a starting point, i'd say lower bounds. They have to implement something, then players test and give feedback. Do you think only curse should extend the apple timer automatically to 30s? 2s per Lesser curse on top of that? about twice the time it takes to cast the lesser spells. as an extra cushion?

Would need to double the timers on necromancy and mysticism I put on the front page to fit with that change. Cap of 45s This would fit in with the strangle timer.
On my dexer for example curse lowers my hp by ~4, my dex is high enough that my swing is affected, and mana by just a few. Talking about lowering all stats, well bless raises all stats, is that powerful too? I gain more stats with bless than I lose from curse.

Curse should be like that, OR if all mages damage is just raised to what it is after curse? You would prefer that? Mages HAVE to curse a target if they plan to kill someone in pvp, where as on my dexer I don't have to do anything first before attacking my target with a spell etc.

It's not about potential combos they should be able to get off, it's the fact that mages have to cast that if they want to kill someone in pvp. I'm not sure what you're getting at saying someone would run out of them at a spawn rather than Yew. I disagree it doesn't matter where people are. In a spawn someone could hide in fields and get cursed a lot less than open field.

Curse should take 30 seconds to remove, the problem is mortal is too powerful under the same guidelines. There has to be a way to keep curse on for at least 30 seconds like it is now, but not be able to go from full dead to mortal the second you use your apple.

If it's 45 seconds that's still not enough time. Just the fact that you'd have to recast it and it takes a few seconds, then if you take into account you get disrupted those few last seconds is where all the damage comes from. Strangle duration would have to be sped up if the timer was capped at 45.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed - I've fought people without them using curse on me. It was a 3v1, and they all dropped like flies - had one of them used it I likely would've been the one to die. I would've felt bad for them, but they attacked/killed my beetle. :(

----------------------

IMO, the apple timer should stay as is (at 30 seconds) and just get a buff to remove EVERYTHING 100% of the time, with a 100% success chance.
Anyone that pvps would identify with this statement.

As stated before though, mortal some how needs to be able to be removed without making it so that a target only stays cursed for 12 seconds. Curse needs to retain the 30 seconds it has now.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That about making new books, 20 and 40 pages and keep the old ones too but only let NPC vendors sell the new ones.
This way, the old ones and the history in them will be safe and all new books will work with both clients, just like I believe the craftables do.
It's way to expensive to use the new large books for events, like savage run, where I like using books to tell the runners what task to do and write their ansvar in the book. As it is now, 20/40 pages books get so messed up, if a EC client player write in it, that I can't read it in CC.
The 100 and 200 page craftable books do NOT work in both clients. I just made (using the EC) a few 200 page (gargoyle books) which I wanted to post info re the memorial garden into as that book is a larger graphic for locked down display. I typed in the info which took 7 pages of the book, handed it to another player in the CC and asked what he saw, he read the book out to me and it was 'missing' more than half the text. It was not like it was a lot of text either.

the text was basically:

Pg 1: This garden is dedicated to the memory of those real life Ultima Online players who are no longer with us but will always be remembered.

Pg 2: Many a tale could be told about the adventures of each and every one of them.

Pg 3: Take the time to wander the garden and reminisce.

Pg 4: May their travels in the next world equal the mateship and camaraderie found here in this world.

Pg 5: Never Forgotten
May you
Rest in Peace

Pg 6: (blank)

Pg 7: Credits re garden concept and construction etc.

Although in the EC that text looked perfectly formatted onto the pages as descriped, the guy in the CC got about 1/4 of the text the rest was completley missing. It took us about an HOUR passing the book back and forward to get it so we could both read it.

Totally ridiculous, lol. Was an exercise in total frustration.
:)

Last edited:

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On my dexer for example curse lowers my hp by ~4, my dex is high enough that my swing is affected, and mana by just a few. Talking about lowering all stats, well bless raises all stats, is that powerful too? I gain more stats with bless than I lose from curse.
Its not the stats that make it powerful, that's just the icing on the cake. Take a warrior using a 100% Cold damage Heavy X bow. 100 tact, 100 anatomy, 100 Damage increase.

Pre Curse hitting for 19-23 Damage
Post Curse Hitting for 25-30 Damage

Slap Hit Spell and hit Velocity onto it and you are doing running shots that can be almost on par with an armor ignore every 2s with a 211 stam suit and enough ssi. And remember the hit spell is now doing 33% More damage as well.

That one spell can increase the base damage done the same amount as ~ 100% Damage increase on your suit. And because it lowers the resists its literally a damage modifier to everything other than physical attacks.

Enemy of one at 120 Chivalry is only 16% Damage Modifier and lasts 8 SECONDS. And comes with increased damage to you from other targets.

Evil omen is a 25% Damage modifier (Can make armor ignore go above cap though), but is only a 1x effect.

Corpse skin is Useless

Spell Plague isn't even in the same ballpark.

Sleep has diminished returns.

So yes, a spell that is literally a 33% Damage modifier, lowers all stats, can't be resisted even without full Eval, no diminished returns, and lasts for more than a minute, if you have no way to remove, is powerful in my book.

Now, no where in this have I said that curse needs to be adjusted or changed. Only that it is a powerful spell and to take its versatility and effect into consideration with the apple timer. I love curse, I love players who underestimate curse, if I could I would fit enough skill on every template to be able to use curse scrolls because honestly it offers the largest increase in my damage output for everything other than Ai's for the minimum amount of skill invested.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to, we're going to need some additional details before we can begin to try and reproduce and solve the issue. We'll need information like, what shard are you on? What is your character name? What are you fighting? Where are you fighting? Are you using the default UI or a custom UI? Please email this information as well as any other details about the issue that you are having to [email protected] or you can submit a bug report directly through the EC. Thanks!
Happens to me sometimes as well in CC. It's not that often and usually when I pvp..

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not the stats that make it powerful, that's just the icing on the cake. Take a warrior using a 100% Cold damage Heavy X bow. 100 tact, 100 anatomy, 100 Damage increase.

Slap Hit Spell and hit Velocity onto it and you are doing running shots that can be almost on par with an armor ignore every 2s with a 211 stam suit and enough ssi. And remember the hit spell is now doing 33% More damage as well.

That one spell can increase the base damage done the same amount as ~ 100% Damage increase on your suit. And because it lowers the resists its literally a damage modifier to everything other than physical attacks.

Enemy of one at 120 Chivalry is only 16% Damage Modifier and lasts 8 SECONDS. And comes with increased damage to you from other targets.

Evil omen is a 25% Damage modifier (Can make armor ignore go above cap though), but is only a 1x effect.

Corpse skin is Useless

So yes, a spell that is literally a 33% Damage modifier, lowers all stats, can't be resisted even without full Eval, no diminished returns, and lasts for more than a minute, if you have no way to remove, is powerful in my book.

Now, no where in this have I said that curse needs to be adjusted or changed. Only that it is a powerful spell and to take its versatility and effect into consideration with the apple timer. I love curse, I love players who underestimate curse, if I could I would fit enough skill on every template to be able to use curse scrolls because honestly it offers the largest increase in my damage output for everything other than Ai's for the minimum amount of skill invested.
Why would someone use a slow weapon with less range? I realize you want to try to make it sound amazing, but it's like in that chiv thread when someone claimed moving shots with heavys do over 60 damage.

The Velocity shouldn't be mentioned as it doesn't get a bump off curse. Yes, it can raise hit lightning 3 damage, 33% makes it sound a lot more powerful than the actual number.

My whole point is that in pvp you HAVE to curse as a mage. It's not as though when I'm on my dexer I have to do something in order to have my armor ignore hit for it's max.

Evil omen is amazing, saying its for one use doesn't take anything away from that. Deathstrikes go into the 70's, people can be paralyzed, you can cast lethal poison. To me things like this are whats powerful, not curse making it so you have a chance of killing someone.

Corpse isn't useless, and when you do find people that loaded up more on casting focus, or regens etc and ignored lots of resists it's worth it.

Spell plague isn't a debuff so I'm not sure why this is listed? I realize it has the proc chance but its not like curse, mind rot, corpse skin..

Well to me that's a checks and balance with curse, if you want it on your temp you're going to have to carve amount a fair amount of skill points to have it. No one can just have everything, you have to give up something if you want it as you described.

So you agree curse should stay 30 seconds for mages then? As I said before the real problem is how to separate curse from mortal so that mages can actually pvp.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would someone use a slow weapon with less range? I realize you want to try to make it sound amazing, but it's like in that chiv thread when someone claimed moving shots with heavys do over 60 damage.

The Velocity shouldn't be mentioned as it doesn't get a bump off curse. Yes, it can raise hit lightning 3 damage, 33% makes it sound a lot more powerful than the actual number.

My whole point is that in pvp you HAVE to curse as a mage. It's not as though when I'm on my dexer I have to do something in order to have my armor ignore hit for it's max.

Evil omen is amazing, saying its for one use doesn't take anything away from that. Deathstrikes go into the 70's, people can be paralyzed, you can cast lethal poison. To me things like this are whats powerful, not curse making it so you have a chance of killing someone.

Corpse isn't useless, and when you do find people that loaded up more on casting focus, or regens etc and ignored lots of resists it's worth it.

Well to me that's a checks and balance with curse, if you want it on your temp you're going to have to carve amount a fair amount of skill points to have it. No one can just have everything, you have to give up something if you want it as you described.

So you agree curse should stay 30 seconds for mages then? As I said before the real problem is how to separate curse from mortal so that mages can actually pvp.
Agreed with most of this. In all of the fights I've had, there has been ONE (against a dexer) where I didn't use Curse (or Poison), but that was just to prove a point. If I see people apple it, I make sure to re-apply it as soon as I'm able to. The extra damage it gives me is too good to pass up on.

Corpse skin: Maybe it's just me, but I personally do think it's useless against the vast majority of players right now. Granted, both of my pvp chars on LS are overcapped on Resists, so I just laugh when it's used on me. Against players who don't have suits that would cost hundreds of millions in gold? Yeah, it's great.

Honestly, Mortal spam is my biggest issue (other than Holy fist.) Unless you're a Mystic or have 4/6 Chiv, you can only get rid of it once before you get hit with it over & over. The duration does decrease the more it's used, but chances are you're not going to notice it happening (I know I didn't until I deliberately looked for it.) Not sure what could be changed about it.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed with most of this. In all of the fights I've had, there has been ONE (against a dexer) where I didn't use Curse (or Poison), but that was just to prove a point. If I see people apple it, I make sure to re-apply it as soon as I'm able to. The extra damage it gives me is too good to pass up on.

Corpse skin: Maybe it's just me, but I personally do think it's useless against the vast majority of players right now. Granted, both of my pvp chars on LS are overcapped on Resists, so I just laugh when it's used on me. Against players who don't have suits that would cost hundreds of millions in gold? Yeah, it's great.

Honestly, Mortal spam is my biggest issue (other than Holy fist.) Unless you're a Mystic or have 4/6 Chiv, you can only get rid of it once before you get hit with it over & over. The duration does decrease the more it's used, but chances are you're not going to notice it happening (I know I didn't until I deliberately looked for it.) Not sure what could be changed about it.
Any pvper on a dexer that isn't brand new to pvp should not die to a mage if the mage isn't cursing.

That's all I was saying, or I've seen a few players that went after regns and casting focus and didn't grab pieces that had 20 in every resist and corpse actually changed their resists. In this day in age its few and far between, but I don't consider it useless if you have it.

Right, that's the biggest issue. There needs to be a way to make mortal not be overly strong without crippling the only thing that allows mages to kill other players in pvp.

Mortal use to be- if you appled or it was removed from chiv/mystic that you couldn't remortal for ~2-3 seconds. If you tried to re-mortal right away it just didn't apply to the target. Now you can be hit with a mortal the second you apple and it still seems to have a long duration.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Corpse skin is Useless

You do realize that curse used to not be able to lower resists because all 70s suits were hard to come by. They realized that you can't kill someone with those resists and made magery viable with it.

A 12 second cap would make all mages pointless.

I think that mortal wound getting lumped into a curse is what the real issue is. My fix would be making apples work every time to remove all curses once every 30 seconds and then add in a different item (enchanted peach for example)- and then make that remove curse on its own and come up with a timer that makes sense for that. Maybe 20 seconds. I am just spitballing here- but i think youll get my point.

Also- eating an apple should take away more than just spell plague but I believe they are addressing this item.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mortal use to be- if you appled or it was removed from chiv/mystic that you couldn't remortal for ~2-3 seconds. If you tried to re-mortal right away it just didn't apply to the target. Now you can be hit with a mortal the second you apple and it still seems to have a long duration.
This was the part that I was unaware of. When and why was this change made? They need to bring back the 6 second timer between being able to apply mortal.

It's okay if you think I make it sound more powerful than it is. I would explain the reasoning behind using a heavy X bow's running shot and when to use it, but I'd rather players not understand why they died while chasing me in a 3v1.

May god have mercy on the players who only hit 70 Fire/poison. Going From 70 to 60 is a 33% Increase, going from 70 to 55 is a 50% Increase in damage. In this day and age there should be no excuse, don't care what mods you manage to get.

So long as you only think of curse in terms of mages being able to kill someone you will always underestimate it. Which is okay. Like I said, I love players who underestimate it.

I'll edit my notes on the front page for timers. Mortals need to have a cooldown before being reapplied, and I am fine with curse timer being brought up to 30s and necro mages being able to hit 45 seconds to take advantage of strangle.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix. When I use bandage self in CC client, if I press the button again I lose the bandage and start to apply another instead of waiting for the current bandage to be applied like in EC client. Can you fix this in CC client?
Thanks.
Sorry for my poor english :(
@Kyronix

i would instead ask to alter the EC so that if you re-apply a bandage it cancels the first. how it is now is one of many examples of over-automation of the EC client which leads to people who use CC accepting the use of third party programs as "then norm" just to be able to compete. many of ECs features have dumbed down gameplay too much.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix

i would instead ask to alter the EC so that if you re-apply a bandage it cancels the first.
I would have to disagree here. There are lots of features in the EC that the CC is lacking. I feel this might be intended to get players to try and use the new client? That would make sense to me.

I'm sure the dev team said they would focus on adding more features to the EC. After all thats why its called "enhanced" client right?

I fully understand that LOTS of players still use and love the CC. If its for the old quirky graphics, the nostalgia, thats fine.

I would compare it to a classic car in this respect. People love the old styling and looks but they miss the modern features like the cars of today. Want traction control, air con and a nice ride? drive a modern car, you don't add these things to old ones.

What they should do it work on adding the old legacy art for the mobs and characters into the EC user interface. Then have only one client. I can't imagine the strain on resources must be to maintain two separate clients.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have to disagree here. There are lots of features in the EC that the CC is lacking. I feel this might be intended to get players to try and use the new client? That would make sense to me.

I'm sure the dev team said they would focus on adding more features to the EC. After all thats why its called "enhanced" client right?

I fully understand that LOTS of players still use and love the CC. If its for the old quirky graphics, the nostalgia, thats fine.

I would compare it to a classic car in this respect. People love the old styling and looks but they miss the modern features like the cars of today. Want traction control, air con and a nice ride? drive a modern car, you don't add these things to old ones.

What they should do it work on adding the old legacy art for the mobs and characters into the EC user interface. Then have only one client. I can't imagine the strain on resources must be to maintain two separate clients.
i was saying that if your using the EC you dont have to time bandages which takes the element of player skill out of it.

if im using CC, i use skill to perfectly time bandages
EC, i can hit a button and it automatically times it for me? that doesnt seem right or good gameplay.

anything that takes player skill out of the game i see as a detriment, not a feature.

the auto toggle peace mode when blood oathed in EC is another good example.

why would i want to play a game thats playing the game for me? or expect competition against players using these automated features to be meaningful?

its one of the reasons i find little satisfaction now in pvp.

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, sure does play hell with my targetting macros
I agree, it's horrible, please fix it guys. Do a few spawns or rooms at the roof and the ghost images are all over and makes it near impossible to target real enemies. I even have water eles and treefellows ghosting to the next rooms. Gets so bad you have no choice, you have to log completely out of the game and back in to cure it.

Also I keep hitting friendly RC's and EV's or any player summons with my targeting macro, do you have a solution for that? I've made a macro with smart target but that doesn't target all enemies no matter what i check on the list.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also I keep hitting friendly RC's and EV's or any player summons with my targeting macro, do you have a solution for that? I've made a macro with smart target but that doesn't target all enemies no matter what i check on the list.
Yep this sucks. I have a macro for "target nearest enemy" which will target my own EVs / RC's and even my own guild mates who are red.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a much better idea - why don't they get rid of that pus filled EC client and put all the cheating features it has into the classic client instead - same goal achieved - 1 client

oh, and btw, the third party cheat programs do all the stuff you've been mentioning the EC client does ... only a whole lot better :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a much better idea - why don't they get rid of that pus filled EC client and put all the cheating features it has into the classic client instead - same goal achieved - 1 client
I agree. They should axe one of them. If its the EC then I would happily just use whatever client is left. Its the people who complain they would quit if they dropped EC or CC that are stopping this I feel.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
oh, and btw, the third party cheat programs do all the stuff you've been mentioning the EC client does ... only a whole lot better
Still amazes me that the people in charge can't make the CC client function, but hackers and cheaters can make it sing...*shakes head*

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was the part that I was unaware of. When and why was this change made? They need to bring back the 6 second timer between being able to apply mortal.

It's okay if you think I make it sound more powerful than it is. I would explain the reasoning behind using a heavy X bow's running shot and when to use it, but I'd rather players not understand why they died while chasing me in a 3v1.

May god have mercy on the players who only hit 70 Fire/poison. Going From 70 to 60 is a 33% Increase, going from 70 to 55 is a 50% Increase in damage. In this day and age there should be no excuse, don't care what mods you manage to get.

So long as you only think of curse in terms of mages being able to kill someone you will always underestimate it. Which is okay. Like I said, I love players who underestimate it.

I'll edit my notes on the front page for timers. Mortals need to have a cooldown before being reapplied, and I am fine with curse timer being brought up to 30s and necro mages being able to hit 45 seconds to take advantage of strangle.
It only went in years ago, surprised you didn't notice.

Yes talking about the hit spell adding 3 damage, rather than saying 33% makes it seem a lot worse.
I'm glad you killed someone terrible 3v1?

Some people value that over resists, or think they can get away with it. I've seen it, I don't know why but they are out there.

No ones arguing that elemental damage increases. The point I've been making this whole time is that the timer needs to stay at 30 seconds for curse. So I'm not sure where you're going with this?

It would need to be longer than 45 since the second someone apples if you recast that takes time so the last tick, maybe even 2 wouldn't go off since it takes 44 seconds to get to the end.

It seems like you wrote a lot only to agree with what I said previously.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
keep the timer the same but nerf the hell out of the curse spell. A fourth level spell that can reduce all stats/resist even when your 120 resist is absurd and then there is no cool down or demishing returns they can just recast this over and over and over.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

oh, and btw, the third party cheat programs do all the stuff you've been mentioning the EC client does ... only a whole lot better :)
Ha **** that. If the classic client is ever the only client available, I'm done with UO.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
keep the timer the same but nerf the hell out of the curse spell. A fourth level spell that can reduce all stats/resist even when your 120 resist is absurd and then there is no cool down or demishing returns they can just recast this over and over and over.
I'm fine with that, so long as mages can just cast and be at their max damage like dexers, not evening having to worry about debuffs. Or make it where dexers have to apply a debuff before their damage hits what it does now.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When Age of Shadows was released it was readily apparent that 70% resistance was overpowered. The first publish afterward curse was given the ability to lower maximum resistance in order to balance things.

Can a mage even kill someone 1v1 anymore? I don't think it is possible.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When Age of Shadows was released it was readily apparent that 70% resistance was overpowered. The first publish afterward curse was given the ability to lower maximum resistance in order to balance things.

Can a mage even kill someone 1v1 anymore? I don't think it is possible.
It's not - the devs must all play dexxers because over the last couple of years they've nerfed mages into oblivion.

the first thing they'd have to do is allow 3/6 casting to even give mages a slight chance of taking down these super powered dexxers and maybe lighten up on the standing still casting delay a little too

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would be nice if people running EC couldn't run so fast that on classic client you stop and throw a conflag thinking they have hidden, but no, just hit warp drive.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the devs have admitted that the curse bug, is a bug, yet people are okay to exploit the bug without being banned?

Last edited: